It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 2:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Terraria Problems, anyone? [SOLVED] 

Solved it, see second post for details!

So, Terraria 1.3 came out recently. I've been wanting to play it for a while. Finally got it installed and all that jazz...but it won't run. When I choose 'Play', after a couple of seconds or so I get the error message 'Please launch the game from your steam client' just like if I tried to open with Terraria's .exe file. Thing is...I AM launching from the steam client. Tried it on two different computers - one XP, one ...Vista, I think? - and got the same result. Tried it a couple of times, tried restarting, tried closing/relaunching steam, tried online and offline. Stupid Steam.

I would just use Game Launcher - think I may have had to in the past - but the official versions are outdated now.

Anyone else having this problem? Anyone figure anything out?

Last edited by ChibiNinja on Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:43 pm

UPDATE TIME: SOLVED

As usual, I have a problem, post about it a while later, and suddenly it gets solved. Oh well, better to look like a little bit of a fool than to never get a solution.

Turns out stupid piece of crap good for nothing Steam corrupted itself or something; I had to reinstall the entire thing. Replacing Steam fixed the problem, and now I can play again. *protip: Steam sometimes constantly does things it shouldn't, because it sucks, so you may want to backup any games you keep in the actual steam folder itself to be safe. Games kept in a different folder should be fine.*

In other news, I hate Steam. Stupid required thing. Hope this helps anyone who happens to have the same problem.

Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]