It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 2:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
Let's reminisce about the Nintendo 64 

Exactly as it sounds, Tell me about your favourite games on this system. This was my first system (my mom didn't like guns so it took awhile before we could get our own system) and my favourite and first game was Banjo Tooie.

Any fond memories? Any tragic ones of your system overheating right before you could save? Back when games were in cartridges and could be kept in a box and beaten up without breaking. Scratches, big whoop.

How about features you miss or how it compares to today's systems? Does anyone still have their system? Anyone miss it? How long before yours hit the point of no return? (mine started overheating and glitching so often you restarted almost more than you played before we layed it to rest)

Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:43 pm

First Game: Banjo Kazooie
Favourite Games: Banjo Kazooie + Tooie, Conkers Bad Fur Day (Such an amazing game), The Zeldas ofc, Pokemon stadium, pokemon snap , mario kart! pokemon puzzle league... actually most 64 games were amazing.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:30 pm
Profile WWW

First game: POkemon stadium

also have- PS 2, Hey you, Pikachu!, mario kart, pokemon snap, pokemon puzzle league.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:58 pm
Profile WWW

I actually still have my N64, it works just as well as it did back when I was a kid. The reset button got jammed quite a few years ago, but since the on/off switch is right next to it, it's not too big of a dealXD

My first game: Mario 64
And I also have Zelda OoT, Diddy Kong Racing, Pilotwings 64, Yoshi's Story, Snowboard Kids, Pokemon Stadium, Pokemon Snap...and some Formula 1 racing game that actually belongs to my mum (our N64 was a family consoleXD)

The only real tragedy I can think of involved a stupid friend of mine. We were playing Yoshi's Story and he went onto the options screen and changed the language to Dutch or something, then before I could get the controller off him to make him change it back, he went down to the delete save data option and pressed on it, exclaiming stupidly "I wonder what this does?". Despite not even knowing Dutch, I knew exactly what he'd done, and I genuinely cried as all my progress got wiped by my idiot friend.

"There are no such thing as miracles."
Image The arcana is the means by which all is revealed.

Image Image

Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:43 pm

First N64 game... Super Smash Bros! My favourite memory is of this game, because my friend, her brother and his friend and I were all playing one time, and me, not owning an N64 had no idea what I was doing, got a total beatdown handed to me at the hands of my more-experienced rivals. I was playing Pikachu at the time and they left me dazed at the bottom of the screen, thinking nothing of it until I started playing with the controls, accidentally discovering the almighty Thunder and sending all three of them, all perfectly positioned above me, for a triple-star KO.

Beetle Adventure Racing and The New Tetris also have plenty of awesome memories for me, as well as Pokemon Stadiums 1 & 2, Pokemon Snap and LoZ: Ocarina of Time.

TumblrTwitterdA

Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:12 am
Profile WWW

mario party 1 2 and 3, and yoshis story of course. pokemon snap, mario kart 64. super mario 64, perfect dark and goldeneye 007, ogre battle 64 and last but not least super smash bros and so may more that i have fond memories of

my team

Image Image

Image Image

Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:50 pm

Oh God, the N64 was my first ever console that belonged solely to me... it came with Donkey Kong 64, and I sunk well over 200 hours into that game. Super Mario 64, Pokemon Stadium, Pokemon Stadium 2, Pokemon Snap, Pilotwings 64, Pokemon Puzzle League, Ocarina of Time (my favorite game ever), Majoras Mask (<333), Bomberman 64, Super Smash Bros., Mario Kart 64, Yoshi's Story, Diddy Kong Racing, Hey You, Pikachu!, and tons more I'm forgetting... the N64 had a fantastic lineup. Many of those games still hold up today, though some have obvious design flaws and things that would never be incorporated into games now. I tried playing Super Mario 64 recently... not as grand as I remember it being back then. xD

But N64 was the system. Sure, Playstation had it's fancy discs and whatnot, but in my humble opinion, N64 still has the greatest lineup of any console to date. There are still gems that I've never even played to this day, such as the Banjo series of games! I should really find those for sale somewhere...

Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:33 am
Profile YIM

My N64 to this day still works after all those years of owning it. That was the system I grew up with, even when I owned a PS1 and every other console that kept coming out. XD I remember getting it for Christmas along with Pokemon Snap. Played the game all day and would even stay up super late just so I could beat it. To this day I still come back to it and enjoy every minute of it. Another game that I ended up renting but it was so bad was Quest 64. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE game, but I'm quite fond of it for some unknown reason and I have no idea why. :awesome:

Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:28 am
Profile WWW

I actually have the Pikachu Nintendo 64. I don't really use it these days but it still works perfectly. It has never crashed or given me any problems. The only games I have for it are Pokémon Snap and Pokémon Stadium 2, which I got with the console.
I never got other games for it because I'm a Sony person. I only got the N64 because of Pokémon.

I'm guessing that just like most people who played Snap back in the day, I would really love to see a sequel to this. Of course that now it would have much better graphics but I wouldn't even care about that. I just wanted to be able to take pictures of gen II/III/IV and V Pokémon. The game was an amazing idea. I don't know why they didn't continue it :\

Oh and I've always wanted to play Pokémon Puzzle League. I just never found the game in stores T_____T

Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:03 pm

Sayuri wrote:
Oh and I've always wanted to play Pokémon Puzzle League. I just never found the game in stores T_____T

It's honestly not anything special.
It's like a tetris battle game with a Pokemon overlay and that's basically it. I was horrible at it haha.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:07 pm

Super Mario 64, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Star Fox 64, Banjo Kazooie and Super Mario Kart 64 were my 5 favorites. :)

Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:00 pm
Profile WWW

I still have my N64. My first game was Mario Party (the original and best one IMO). I also have pokemon puzzle league. I don't have Super Smash bros anymore. Most of all the games mentioned I have. Except Yoshi Story and Paper Mario I could never find them.

Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:21 pm
Profile WWW

I never actually owned a Nintendo 64 myself, used to play it at my friend's house c:
My first games were Super Mario 64 & Spyro.

Journal x Buying x Giveaway x FB Page

Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:42 pm

Oooh! :3

I remember the day my mom (who is still to this day a hardcore gamer in her 50s) bought one. She got some sort of bundle pack with Mario 64, and we (plus my siblings) played the hell out of it. =D Library included Quest 64, Star Fox 64, Smash Bros., Mario Kart 64, Diddy Kong Racing, Pokemon Snap, Hey You, Pikachu!, and ... wow. Some others that I'm forgetting in my old age... x_x.

This, plus the SNES, held many fond memories... ^___^; My siblings (whom are 9 and 10 years younger than me) and I bonded over it, and would often settle differences over a SSB or MK64 match. ... Whoever said games aren't good for kids is a liar.. XP Hah.

Anywho.

The older gen systems do NOT compare to the ones today, in my opinion. :/ Sure, I had to blow the cartridge to get it to work, but there's something oh-so nostalgic about it... :) I dunno. Maybe I'm biased... >_<; Blah.

As far as favorite game... Ugh. Can't choose. :| Maybe Mario 64 or Quest 64. >_>; Yeah.

( Generation: Legend ) . ( P.Tumblr )

Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:23 am

So many good memories!

I used to challenge my mom to Pokemon Puzzle League, ah, and I had this morning ritual, where I'd get the secret gift on the GSC games from Pokemon Stadium 2.
Right after doing the morning wake up exercises in Animal Crossing and weeding the town.

Good times playing Mario Kart, Mario Party, and Smash Bros with friends too, my favourite N64 game was definitely Banjo Tooie though! (Actually played Tooie before Kazooie, so my nostalgia on Tooie is bigger.)

Still got that old N64, works fine, one of the controllers got a bit of a wonky analog stick nowadays though, not so sensitive to small movement anymore.
I do love a lot of those old games still, wish I had as much time to play nowadays as I did back then, haha.

Funny story, we recently got a 3D tv, which uses some kind of tech magic to turn things that aren't 3D into 3D too.
First thing I did was hook up the N64 of course and see how it ran. It's funny playing those old games in 3D (somehow it actually worked!)

Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:12 pm

Well, of course my favorite games were the Zeldas. Pokemon Stadium was pretty rad, too. :) Conker's Bad Fur Day was my BF's favorite game, but I never really got very far in it...

I still have my N64, and I have my games on a shelf next to the SD-TV in my bedroom (set up specifically for playing old systems).

Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:24 pm

My older stepsisters owned the N64, not me, and they'd rarely let me play. I do remember playing Super Mario 64 a little, but I'd never get far. I also used to play Mario Kart with one of them, but she refused to play with me anymore after I cheated once. She paused the game so she could go answer the phone, and while she was gone I unpaused and finished the race without her. I did also rent Pokemon Snap once.

They also had Glover and Yoshi's Story, but I can't remember ever playing those.

Tumblr

Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:40 pm
Profile WWW

Couldn't figure out hey you pikachu

Just played the same levels over and over again

Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:49 pm
Profile WWW

I never had any console when I was a kid, my first (and sadly, only) console was the Wii I got on Christmas 2007, when I was like 10, but I played a lot in my grandparents' house with my cousin's N64. My favorite games were Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Super Smash Bros. and (obviously) Pokemon Stadium.

Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]