It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 9:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Harvest Moon Obsessions <3 

oooh I really love that game! I think that on a other computer I have a family with Karen Image, and we have a little boy.. and my BIG farm are full of chickens and hen, cows, sheep, a big sweet horse and a really good dog! And we are rich.. Because I have worked really hard in 12 years in that game! But, yeah. I love it!

Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:41 am
Profile WWW

i literally spent a whole month playing more friends of mineral town. like i would wake up, play mineral town, then go to sleep. for a month straight.

kinda glad my save data got deleted so i won't be tempted to do that again~ lol!

i lose threads/my posts easily.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:53 am

Love it~ Been a fan since I can't even remember. Early teenage years, anyway. The obsession started with Harvest Moon 64, where I would get phases of playing it for hours each day until my thumb was raw sore.

I'm not sure on favorite, but I own Harvest Moon 64, A Wonderful Life, Save the Homeland(never tried it since I read you can't marry), DS Cute, Friends of Mineral Town, More Friends of Mineral Town, Island of Happiness, and Two Towns. Also have Rune Factory and Rune Factory 3. I do know my favorite of the bachlorettes is RF3's Pia. She makes me happy with her ditzy adorableness that hides a person smarter than she comes off. She's had her deep moments. I finished her requests way ahead of everyone else. Waiting to propose until my dude's leveled up enough so I can go rescue her once I do. Yay for knowing something like that ahead of time~ I'm a careful kind of gamer and I would have missed her while I was leveling.
I really look forward to the newer RF to play a girl and have an adorable little daughter follow me around in dungeons.

Oh. I missed one. Grand Bazaar, I think? I never got very far into it before something else caught my attention and I'm too lazy to get up and hunt it down among the other DS games. This topic makes me want to dig it out tomorrow. So far, I adore the younger looking Bachelors. That's something I don't like about A Wonderful Life. They all look too old.

Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:46 pm

So I've gotten back into Rune Factory Frontier, so far I am about in the middle of spring year 1, got 2 of the dungeons unlocked and also got a kitchen, forge and barn.

The Runey system also is annoying, I seem to keep on getting a lot of water runes and nothing else, one area is pretty much in danger of losing all of its rock Runey's and one area at one point had 50 water Runey's. I tend to take away a lot of the water Runey's and keep them in my tool box at home. The Rock Runey's are the ones that get the worst luck it seems. Is there another way to sort out this so I don't have one area dead and then start to suffer from having my crops take forever to grow?

Also, I heard that you can make your watering can hold a lot of water, though mine is now the next stage up (holds 15 and has special attack that came with it), I read that you can get it to hold 1000+ water. Here it is by the way. I might have a good idea on it, though I am somewhat confused by it, mainly the second method (as I'm not sure if its just a level up or a downgrade or something) Since I am now on the 2nd version of the can, is it still possible to get it to this level? Is there a similar thing with the Axe/Hammer as well (other than reduce how many times you need to hit stumps/rocks to get rid of them, such as for Stumps/Sticks increase how much wood you get per Stump/Stick and whatever it is for stones). Since the current day for me is raining, I'll try it out the next day (I only have crops on my field right now).

I'll keep playing it bit by bit and then see what anyone here has to say for what I am asking about.

I love Giant Yoshis, Giant Growing ones as well, but I love Giant Red Yoshis the most, same with Giant Growing Red Yoshi's :3. The bigger, the better I say.

Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:35 am
Profile WWW

My favorite Harvest Moon is Animal Parade! I married Jin and we have a son, currently stuck on the Purple Bell... :bah:
But, I must say I love Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny the most~ It's so fun to raise monsters and battle, and I just got one of those rare Water Elemental monsters, its adorable! :yay:

Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:50 pm

Ahh, Harvest Moon! My first gaming love~. Rune Factory is good too! I'd have to say that Tides of Destiny is my least favorite though. It is still fun, but not as much as the others.

Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:33 am

My first Harvest Moon game was Harvest Moon on the GameBoy. I loved that game very much, but I ended up loving Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town on the GameBoy Advance even more. I think I played through the game at least four times and married each of the girls once, except Karen and the Harvest Goddess. I still wish I had my copy of that game but luckily I can get one for about $20 on Amazon.com, which I might do sometime.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:00 pm
Profile YIM

Harvest Moon 64~!

I've played other Harvest Moons (the SNES, the GB, the GBAs, the Wiis, respectively), but somehow I always come back to Harvest Moon 64. It's probably because of the depth put into every character beyond a simple "hello" or "i like this thanks". That or I always come back because of Karen. Yeah, it's definitely Karen. :))

Spoiler: show

Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:18 pm
Profile WWW

Yes! I had been playing Animal Parade, but I've been neglecting it for Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny. I prefer playing games on PS3 over Wii...

Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3