It is currently Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
What's your favourite game EVER? 

All consoles, your choice! And tell me why it's so great! I'd looove to try them out myself! :awesome:

My Collections

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLbHqV5HeDc

Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:50 am
Profile WWW

There's so many to choose from. But I'd have to say Fire Emblem <3 They're a series of strategy RPGs put out by Nintendo, and are known by the fact that once you lose a unit in battle it's gone forever. Makes strategy a bit more important if you want to keep your units. Also, every unit is a defined character, with a backstory that you can discover by initiating support conversations with other units. You've got a good selection of classes and characters to choose from, and a pretty good plot to follow as you run through the game.

The first one I played was Fire Emblem for the Gameboy Advance, and I have to say that one's probably still my favourite.

Trainer Profile | Trade Thread | have you hugged yourImagetoday? | Image
ImageImage

Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:10 am

my fave will definitely be LaTale Online. It's a free MMORPG game with a Cash shop like many other PC online games. Currently there are two official english sites, the NA server and the European Server. I had control problems with the NA server so I played mainly in the European server, but NA server has more content coz it opened nearly a year before the European one.
LaTale is a 2D casual side-scroller. It's not a click-wait, but rather keyboard-mash as most actions are done by keyboard. there's currently 5 starter jobs; warrior, knight, wizard, explorer and engineer, with two-branches of second job change for each starter except engineer, who has one so far.
downside of LaTale is that you may find it very laggy compared to many games [or maybe that was just me -_-;;;] and that the second job change is at lv 80. I think the lvl limit was lv 255, but not sure.
it has pvp, cash shop, cute/cool armor sets every 5 levels or so [especially when you reach lvl 40 <3] and what else... oh, you always get an exp boost the first 30 mins of every day, website time.
I like LaTale because of its cute graphics [to me at least] and the different skills for each weapon of the starter jobs, and gunslinger skills are sooo cool~
I'm gonna become a Gunslinger as soon as start to play again, Vdex takes most of my game time these days XD

Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:52 am
Profile WWW

I'll have to agree with RBMIfan and say Fire Emblem. c: But there's another one that I really like that I've literally met no one else who likes it besides those I actually dragged into the game, which is Magical Starsign. It's a DS game, and it's quite awesome. The way the battles work is similar to Golden Sun and Final Fantasy, which works well for the game, but it also has a lot of humor and emotion built into it, or at least I believe so. And at times, it seems kind of ridiculous but lovable. Check it out sometime. It's really cheap nowadays.

| Tumblr |

Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:33 am
Vice-Leader Prince

I have favourite games as divided per systems, and the 'best' games I've played are rarely my favourites (ie. I love Fire Emblem 7 but consider Golden Sun a 'better' game even bearing in mind the genre differences), but that said. Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean (GCN) is my favourite game ever. I'm not even going to start on why (because I won't stop, haha).

Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:02 am
Profile WWW

Wow, Fire Emblem seems to be popular so far. I'll have to try that game out sometime.

As for me, I'd have to say the original Cave Story. Call me a sucker, but there's nothing like flying through the air with a machine gun while following an amazing plotline. It's a shame they botched the music for the Wii port so badly.

Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:57 pm

I have to agree with Fire Emblem here.

but I also like the Final Fantasy Tactics games and the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series <33
I haven't played MMOs in a while but I love those too :yay:

ImageImageImageImageImage
PKMN X/AS Fei FC 5343-8874-8290

Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:23 pm

Hm. Puzzle Bobble. :u

Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:46 pm
Profile WWW

lmfao Nessy.

Mine would definitely have to be Pokemon in terms of sheer replayability value... D: Or Phoenix Wright.

Dragon Age is very very awesome as well though.

Current Goal: Filling out my dex
Current Partner: Bel

Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:03 pm

Fire Emblem sure is popular here ^^ The closest to the fire emblem games i've got is through the Smash Bros. series, where you can play as Ike, Marth and Roy! Haha! I have to get more info on the actual games and try it out if it's so good that you say! :yay: Magical Starsign, I actually own that game myself though I haven't finished it. Got stuck in the middle! Quite cute game, yes. :3
VSSAKJ: When you said it like that, I got very interested in BK: EW & LO! XD
Thatonenala: Flying + machine gun = Awesome.
Ness: Haha! Well I sure like Bubble Bobble, so the puzzle version might be just as awesome!
Edge, great answer, Pokemon, of course.
Oh, so many different games. My summer vacation will be totally gone.
Hey, maybe I should tell you some of the games I like.. Oh but thats hard. I like so muuuuuch. If I said them all this thread would explode... :awesome:
Haha, but I could at least tell you one. Like Jet Set Radio Future, for example. I like to just go around and explore, one reason I sucked at Oblivion... :awyeah:

My Collections

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLbHqV5HeDc

Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Profile WWW

Okami, for the artwork and a story following japanese mythology, oh god yesssssss.♥

I like katamri games a lot too....♥

Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:56 pm
Profile WWW

Connie-Connike wrote:
But there's another one that I really like that I've literally met no one else who likes it besides those I actually dragged into the game, which is Magical Starsign.

personally, I preferred the prequel, Magical Vacation on GBA. Wish they made an english version though [they only released it in japanese]

Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:26 pm
Profile WWW

Golden Sun is my all-time favorite game~ :yay:

Collecting Dialgas forever

Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:27 pm
Leading King

I-I don't have one.

I get bored with games and move on to other games easily. :V

Persona 4 and the Ace Attorney games are my favorites as far as scripting/localization is concerned...

Twitter | Reversed Side A archive

Please, ask VDex gameplay questions in the help forum.

Spoiler: show
Image Image

Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:44 pm
Profile WWW

Mine is Super Mario RPG The Legend of the Seven Stars on the Super NES. Going old school hahaha

Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:58 pm
Profile YIM

GenepeOrgel wrote:
Connie-Connike wrote:
But there's another one that I really like that I've literally met no one else who likes it besides those I actually dragged into the game, which is Magical Starsign.

personally, I preferred the prequel, Magical Vacation on GBA. Wish they made an english version though [they only released it in japanese]

Oh my gosh, I want to play that game sooooo badly. D:

| Tumblr |

Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:54 pm

I'm a Harvest Moon crazyyy. I love all HM games, and spin-offs (Rune Factory).D: I feel like such a weirdo. HM is a farming sim, but it has so many neat features. You can raise animals, grow crops, make friends, and even woo a wife/husband (depends on which one you have). It started out with only a male protagonist, but now they have ones where you can choose boy or girl. It's very similar to Pokemon in some ways. It can become repetitive, but it's just so addicting! Try it, maybe you'll like it!:'3

Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:28 pm

I'd say that my absolute favorites are the following: Dragon Quest 8, Persona 3, both Lunar games, Chrono Cross, the first Mana Khemia and Suikoden 2. I can't pick one over the other, that would be biased!

Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:21 am
Leading King

Arisato wrote:
I'd say that my absolute favorites are the following: Dragon Quest 8, Persona 3, both Lunar games, Chrono Cross, the first Mana Khemia and Suikoden 2. I can't pick one over the other, that would be biased!

yeeessssssssssssssssssssss that game.

Twitter | Reversed Side A archive

Please, ask VDex gameplay questions in the help forum.

Spoiler: show
Image Image

Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:07 am
Profile WWW

GenepeOrgel wrote:
my fave will definitely be LaTale Online.

I used to play that game a lot for like a year and a half, haha. Fun times.
I rarely ever see anyone else talking about it though.

Staying on topic, uhhh... my favorites change constantly. Right now I guess it would be Half-Life or something.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 250 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next