It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 2:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
[IMPORTANT] We're likely closing soon. 

* Stay determined.

Tue May 16, 2017 7:37 pm

Flamewire wrote:
    I'm on the verge of tears about a bookmark that I click every few weeks turning into a broken link.

No; I'm on the verge of tears about losing a community in which I haven't been active for years.

No; I'm on the verge of tears about a part of my teenage years being torn out from beneath me.

No; I'm on the verge of tears about losing part of what has shaped me over the last six years.

My heart will always have a place for this community. This is the first of the sites that I truly got into to be shut down, and I am without words. It was inevitable -- but that doesn't numb the sadness that I feel. Thank you, to everyone who posted on the forums, participated in events, refreshed the map, or otherwise made this site what it was, and what it is, and what it always will be. Thank you, Shiro, for everything.

This was beautiful.

I'm sad that I haven't been here for the past months, actually it's pretty close to a year? I really hoped that I would have clicked that bookmark sooner than yesterday. These were the news I was afraid of, but I also knew it was going to happen.. I'm sad that I can't donate like I use to and help the site stay up for one more month, just to go over everything.

I bough an apartment about 1,5 years ago. It took over a year to renovate it on/off and I only moved in 3 months ago. I still don't have a bed, because money is a little bit thigh until I can stabilize my incomes vs. spending :)

I'm not sure how many can see my post, before this site finally closes, but I want to thank everyone of you for the great times I had. The most I want to thank you Shiro for making this amazing site, you gave us a place to spend time, make friends and grow up. I can't believe it has actually been almost seven years since I signed up on this site. I don't have words..

My contact info can be found in my signature and on contact info thread, in case someone wants to contact me.

Wed May 17, 2017 5:41 am
Profile WWW
Leading King

We're still here! F...for now.

What I have managed to secure is for us to be online until the end of this billing cycle (that's June 2nd). If we can pay off this month, we can probably try to continue to stay up. Otherwise, that'll be it for us.

This means about 2 weeks.

Sorry for the silence, I wasn't sure what would happen until just now.

So basically we have the next 2 weeks guaranteed, but after that... I can't make any promises. :(

Twitter | Reversed Side A archive

Please, ask VDex gameplay questions in the help forum.

Spoiler: show
Image Image

Wed May 17, 2017 6:08 pm
Profile WWW

Shirogane wrote:
We're still here! F...for now.

What I have managed to secure is for us to be online until the end of this billing cycle (that's June 2nd). If we can pay off this month, we can probably try to continue to stay up. Otherwise, that'll be it for us.

This means about 2 weeks.

Sorry for the silence, I wasn't sure what would happen until just now.

So basically we have the next 2 weeks guaranteed, but after that... I can't make any promises. :(

:c

Wed May 17, 2017 11:16 pm

I've been coming on this site super intermittently, and while I'm really sad to see this news, I also had the feeling that it might happen someday. I really hope you can keep it up for as long as possible, Shiro. While I'm not able to be active very much these days, this site was still really important to me when I was younger. It's also one of the most aesthetically pleasing and well designed games I have ever played. You did such a great job creating this place! Even if it has to close, I hope you won't forget VDex and would possibly consider bringing it back if you find yourself in the position to do so in the future. Thank you so much for everything you have done for me and the rest of the people on here.

-------
ImageImageImageImage
Image Image

Thu May 18, 2017 10:12 am

We'll make the most of it then. I commend you for managing to keep the site up for as long as you have :yay:

Thu May 18, 2017 1:02 pm
Profile WWW

Any news on that sprite collection? It really would be terrible if all the unique sprites disappeared...

Thu May 18, 2017 3:25 pm
Leading King

In the event the site goes down unexpectedly or I'm unable to post any sprites before it closes for whatever reason, I have backups of everything in my hard drive, and everyone should be able to reach me through my Tumblr:

http://dapperpants.tumblr.com/

Worst case scenario I'll be posting them there.

Image Image

Thu May 18, 2017 9:03 pm
Profile WWW
Leading King

Update: this month's paid for! Next month will still need to be paid for also, obviously, but we're good for now and have bought some extra time. :D We can now stay open until the 15th of June or so. <3

Thanks again, aelazing. :)

Image Image

Thu May 18, 2017 10:41 pm
Profile WWW

Just want to thank everyone in the community.
I've learned a lot about all sorts of things from you guys.
Like how to deal with people you don't agree with, giving and taking of community, and pixel art with banners/pokemons.
Although I don't come on often anymore, I know I'll regret later for not staying till the end.
It's undeniable that this site had a huge impact on who I am today.

Also thank you to Shiro, as I'm sure there are many others like me who benefitted from this site.
And they're probably not gonna read this, but choco7aco and Aztos especially taught me things I otherwise wouldn't have.

Finally, good luck to everyone to what their future may be.
Good bye.

Sun May 21, 2017 12:50 pm

So much love for Shiro.

Sun May 21, 2017 6:29 pm

kakashienvy wrote:
So much love for Shiro

Quote:
^^'....ok....? I was just stating an opinion. Sorry, I actually have cancer in real life, and am terminally ill (last stage), so...health reasons are my forte...

So you had terminal cancer in the last stage..almost 3 years ago and you're still around? Seems like karma hasn't gotten to you yet, or perhaps reality.

Sun May 21, 2017 8:15 pm

Location: Australia, Australasia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way, The Universe
kakashienvy wrote:
do me the honor of kicking me off the site
I certainly remember you, and while I can't kick you off, I did just donate $20 to vdex in your honor so that Shiro can use it as they please <3 Btw, let me know your GPX+ username so I can block you there.

ImageImageImageImage
Tumblr ✻ DevArt ✻ Twitter ✻ GA of D

Sun May 21, 2017 8:19 pm

@kakashienvy

you sound like a troll and no one's gonna take you seriously
you don't go around using your illness as an excuse for saying whatever the hell u want and being rude

if u dont like the website then just leave, bye felicia

are yoυ a pιraтe!??!!?
I just mı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨ade you wipe your screen.

мιrage ιѕland: ѕυnday/wedneѕday aт 4:49pм
dayѕ noт ғoυnd: тнυrѕday,ғrιday, ѕaтυrday Image

Image <--wнen тнιѕ ιѕ done loadιng yoυ geт a ѕнιny. :3

Sun May 21, 2017 10:37 pm
Profile WWW

kakashienvy wrote:
Blah Blah Blah

I know I'm doing exactly what you wanted, and that is to respond to your bs post.
But I want to try to reason with you, despite your clear lack of ability to.

You can disagree with Shiro using money for her own benefit, and that is completely your choice.
While you're at it, it's perfectly fine if you don't donate and keep all that money to yourself.
However, it's not okay to spew swears and being hateful.

Probably not a single word I said got into your head, but I feel like I needed to get that off my chest.

Sun May 21, 2017 10:58 pm

I still love Shiro.

Mon May 22, 2017 9:25 am

Location: Australia, Australasia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way, The Universe
kakashienvy wrote:
Go ahead and waist $20 on a fool, you deserve to be swindled haha!
Swindled by what? We've been informed that the site is going to end and I made my decision to donate to delay that. It's just a bonus that I could do it to annoy someone like you. Shiro has been nothing but open with us at every turn and that's something I admire her for because it's something a lot of other site owners wouldn't do.

I do hope no one I know ever suffers from cancer. But I can assure you that if they did, none would resort to abusing a site owner who takes care of themselves when ill. You on the other hand show no empathy for other humans so I feel truly sorry for you.

Please read your own responses out loud and I can guarantee that it's you who sounds evil. Would you say something like that to your family or friends, out loud, just for having health care costs? Because if not then do not say it to complete strangers. You don't get to disregard other human lives because of your own illness, absolutely no one has that right.

But I hope your illness, pain, or symptoms ease. No one deserves cancer, not even you.

ImageImageImageImage
Tumblr ✻ DevArt ✻ Twitter ✻ GA of D

Mon May 22, 2017 9:51 am

I'm dealing with cancer myself so what this user said was total bs

And it was a pleasure FOR ME (and not for Shiro, she'll not give that honnor it's better for her) to ban this user of the site i've to admit.

+ Did some censor, because i'm a troll moderator, and i love controling what people say btw.

5000 Shiny caught : DONE
Buying BP in bulk | IRC
ImageImage

Mon May 22, 2017 10:25 am

Is being a troll on an account with the same username as the rest of your accounts really a good idea?

Mon May 22, 2017 10:30 am

Elvis Presley was famous for his unusually mobile hips, but even The King of Rock and Roll can’t come close to the kind of gyrations on display in this teaser video for the vans old skool sale uk. Japanese BMX label 430 gets busy with Elvis’s ‘Blue Suede Shoes’ as inspiration, creating the Fourthirty x Vans Old Skool by the same name and build. These could turn out to be an Asia exclusive, but stick with Sneaker News for updates in case US Off the Wall retailers end up stocking them.

Montreal based skate crew Dime teams up with Vans for a special collaboration this fall, featuring two colorways and the return of the Fairlane. Anybody who skated in the 1990’s should be familiar with the vans sk8 hi slim uk sale, one of the brands most popular skate shoes of the decade which has been all but forgotten…until now. Dime brings back the chunky Vans model in a tonal icy blue suede colorway with a clear outsole and Dime branding on the tongue.

Head of the brand Jerry Lorenzo recently previewed the two shoes on his Instagram account, and as you can see, they will both feature the brand’s signature minimal, metal-inspired aesthetic. With Kanye being spotted wearing Vans lately and knowing he’s also a fan of vans slip ons uk sale, don’t be surprised to see Yeezy wearing one of these sneakers soon, and then naturally, the hype going through the roof. Get the Fear of God x Vans collab on your radar now, and stay tuned for further release details.

Head of the brand Jerry Lorenzo recently previewed the two shoes on his Instagram account, and as you can see, they will both vans half cab sale uk signature minimal, metal-inspired aesthetic. With Kanye being spotted wearing Vans lately and knowing he’s also a fan of Fear of God, don’t be surprised to see Yeezy wearing one of these sneakers soon, and then naturally, the hype going through the roof. Get the Fear of God x Vans collab on your radar now, and stay tuned for further release details.

Mon May 22, 2017 10:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next