It is currently Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
A Champion Returns 

Oh geez I'm nervous about starting this but I wanted to give this a try. If there's a part of the story which has something that needs a warning I will have a warning.

"Uggh" Chel slowly opened her eyes to the darkness in her room. She stared at the ceiling and heard the rain softly hitting roof. "As much as I'd like to let the sound of rain whisk me back to sleep.... I have to use the bathroom!" She quickly left her room ad went to the bathroom. Once she washed her hands, she looked at herself in the mirror. The small nightlight darkened the side of her brown skin. Lately, she has been remembering her past adventure in Kanto.
Flashback
When she was 10 she couldn't get a pokemon because her family didn't have the money to get one for her. At her school, she was one of the only kids her age without a pokemon. Of course, since her family felt terrible about the situation, they let her play with their pokemon. Her mother was a very good pokemon battler but she never wanted to challenge the league. To this day Chel still didn't understand why, even though they were so close to each other. Anyway, her teacher felt bad for her so she decided to use her "amazing connections" and ask the Professor Oak in Kanto if she could receive a pokemon. After hearing the girl's story, the Professor gladly invited Chel to Kanto. Oh that had to have been the best day of her life, finding out she would receive her first pokemon from the Professor Oak. Wait, no, the best day of her life was actually getting the pokemon...
Chel blinked herself back into reality. "And.... I'm just standing here like an idiot. She left the bathroom and began her great search for her door in the darkness. All of a sudden. BAM! She ran right into the side of the doorway. "Sweet trainer of Arceus!" She responded in pain. She quickly covered her mouth and looked over to the room where her grandparents slept. They were still asleep, which was good for Chel because that meant she wouldn't be scolded by her grandma. Chel sighed in relief and walked back into her room. Once she reached her bed she opened her ears to the sound of rain again and nearly hopped back into her bed but she noticed something on the side next to where she usually slept. "Looks like I have a visitor tonight. I wonder who it could be?" She thought. Chel slowly turned back the covers to reveal a Lucario. Oh great, which one is this! Chel had two Lucarios from two different adventure other regions. One was an egg she received as a gift in Sinnoh and the other she captured in a new section she explored in Unova. This Lucario was the latter(Unova), Anubis, Chel could tell because his face was younger than her other Lucario, which was quite odd in her opinion. "Poor thing must of had trouble sleeping... or bad dreams..." She rubbed his face as she got in the bed. "You know you could just ask, Kiddo." She whispered. Anubis grunted in his sleep and gave Chel a hug. Chel sighed. "So you are having a bad dream. C'mon Anubis I'm right here." "N-n-no. D-d-don't go." "Um, Shorty?" "I won't allow it!" Anubis quickly let go of Chel and pointed an Aura Sphere right at her face. "Ohh sugar!" She exclaimed. "Note to self don't call Anubis any other nickname ever again! That is if I can survive a full force aura blast to the face!"

Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:15 pm

"Ok... Ok. Don't panic girl you have to think fast!... I know!" Chel grabbed her Lucario's paw and did her own attack: Wake-up Slap. Poor Anubis woke up from his nightmare but began to question why his face was hurting.
Once Chel explained what he did Anubis began to recall his dream. Anubis used Psychic to communicate with her. "Well Miss, I must apologize for what occurred earlier. As you could guess I was having a nightmare." "No problem, just try not to let it happen again. Also, you have to remember that it's just a dream and it can't hurt you." "Yes, ma'am." "What did I say about calling me 'Miss' and 'ma'am'?" "Sorry, ma'-. Sorry." Anubis smiled. Chel smiled back. "Do you wanna tell me about it?" She asked. "Yes." He started. He grabbed Chel's hands and used Psychic to share his vision with her. "Pokémon from your previous team, myself included, were locked in fierce battle with pokemon who belonged to a very powerful trainer." Chel raised an eyebrow. "Us? In fierce battle? That hasn't happen since I was-" Her sentence was cut off by a load bang. It was her grandmother, and she was not happy. "GO TO SLEEP NOW!" Commanded the angry woman. Without saying a word, the two flung themselves under the covers and pretended to sleep. Once the grandmother saw that the two would stay quiet, she left the room slamming the door behind her.
"I swear, she has hearing like an Arcanine." Once it seemed safe, the two began to whisper. "So, continue." Chel said as she touched Anubis' paw. "Alright. Where was I? Oh yes! We were in a fierce battle with a formidable trainer, and as we were fighting" Anubis' expression turned into a frightened look. "The trainer was trying to take you away from us. I tried to stop him but once I was close, his Pikachu attacked me. It was strong. Stronger than other Pikachus." Chel's eyes widened. "No, this can't be..." She thought. "Anubis, show me this trainer and his Pikachu!" Anubis did as she commanded and showed her the boy. Sure enough there was a Pikachu dueling against Anubis. It was so quick, even the Lucario had a hard time keeping up with its lightning like speed. Then the vision went to the foe trainer who had possibly knocked the girl out and was carrying her towards, what seemed to be, a mountain range. The vision focused more on the boy. He wore a red and white jacket and a matching hat. "No..." She whispered. "Please, no." The vision disappeared. "Do you know that boy?" Anubis asked. The girl nodded and buried her face in her hands and sighed. "It's a sign, I know it..." She put her attention on her confused companion. "It's about time I told you and your teammates my story." Anubis nodded. He has been wanting to know about his Master's origin for quite some time. Chel smiled and petted his head. "I'll get everyone together and tell you guys in the morning before I go to school. You deserved to know earlier but..." "No Miss, we understood that you wanted to keep the focus on us to make us great fighters." Chel smiled. "Thanks, Kid." She said drifting off to sleep. "Heeeey what did I tell you about calling me Miss?" Anubis chuckled and fell into sleep.
Morning
As Chel prepared for school, she began to doubt if she should tell her newest team about her origins but it had to be done. She put on her glasses and sighed. "I can do this!" She thought. Once she was ready, she walked down stairs where her team waited. There they were Anubis, along with Shiri the Samurott, Kena the Arcanine, Philip the Magnezone, Midnight the Umbreon, and Zena the Flygon. She greeted the team with a smile and they did they same, except Philip who had no mouth or way to show emotions. "Ok you guys so Anubis has probably told you guys about the dream he had." They nodded. "Well that boy in his dreams was once a good friend of mine." Chel sat in the middle of the group. "His name is Red and he and I started our journey together when we were ten. You guys already know that at the time, my family couldn't afford to have me go on a journey or even have a pokemon of my own. Well Prof. Oak from Kanto let me come to his region to get my first pokemon along two other kids. There names were Red and Green."
Flashback
"Hey Chel!" A young boy with brown hair called from outside of Chel's house in Pallet Town. There she lived with her mother for only a short amount of time. The house was rented out to them by the Professor when they first came to Pallet. After that, Chel met the local kids and they became fast friends. One of them, Green called out to her once more. "Come on, we need to go and get our pokemon! Today's the day!" Chel came to her window. "What's that Green? I don't think they heard you in Cerulean! Now calm down I'm coming." She looked at herself in the mirror. She wore a plain blue shirt with jeans and a white hat with blue lines almost making a pokeball. Once she put her black hair into a ponytail, she grabbed the bag she prepared last night and ran downstairs where her mother stood with a smile. "Honey." Her mother began. "Be careful on your journey, okay?" "I will Ma." The two hugged each other for a minute and then moved apart. "Here sweetie, it may not be much but here." Chel's mother gave her a Potion. "If your pokemon gets hurt, then this will heal them. Use it wisely." "Yes ma'am." Chel kissed her mom on the cheek and left. Green waited outside wearing a plain black shirt and purple pants. "Hey, Chel ya ready?" She nodded and the two went off to the Pokémon Lab.

Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:25 pm

"Gramps we're here!" Green announced once they made it to the Lab. The Professor turned from a table that had three pokemon on it. They all looked excited. "Ah" Oak started. "Good to see you two but where's-" "He's running late as usual." Green said cutting his grandfather off. "Can we get our pokemon?" "Yes, yes. Since we all know it'll take a while for him to come here, we might as well start now. He did say that he didn't care which pokemon he picked as long as he got one." Oak turned to Chel. "Now, Chel. It's time for you to choose your first pokemon!"
This was the moment she had been waiting for: getting her first pokemon, and from the great Professor Oak, a dream come true! She walked up to the table, her heart pounding so fast she almost fainted. "No fair, how come she gets to pick first." Green asked breaking the atmosphere. "Ladies first, my grandson. Ladies first." He responded. "Rrriiight." Green replied. "Go ahead Chel." And so they began: "Here we have Bulbasaur, a grass-type." Oak pointed to the four-legged pokemon with a green bulb on its back, it seemed so calm. "Next" He pointed to a blue pokemon with a red shell on its back, it was very energetic. "Is Squirtle, a water-type pokemon." Oak then pointed to an orange pokemon with a small fire on its tail. "Finally, we have Charmander, a fire-type." Chel looked at the Charmander and instantly felt a connection. She felt that the two had the same goals: to become strong, to gain more confidence, and to work hard while doing it. Chel went to the Charmander and turned to Oak. "Professor, I choose Charmander as my partner." The Charmander smiled and jumped into her arms. "Excellent, I thought you'd choose Charmander, you two seem alike." Oak said giving her Charmander's Pokeball. "Yeah, yeah. That's great and all." Green said walking towards the table. "Now its my turn and I choose Squirtle." The Squirtle hopped onto its new partner's shoulder. "Will you give them names?" Oak asked. "Not me, Gramps. My pokemon will be too awesome to have nicknames." Green stated proudly. Chel looked down at her new partner. "Hmm... You look like...a Lloyd. I'll name you Lloyd!" She smiled down at the newly dubbed Lloyd and he returned his smile. He liked his new name. "That's a lame name, Chel." Green sneered. "No YOUR name is lame. It's a color. I've heard bad names, some that are very hard to pronounce, and Green is one of them." "What about Red?" Oak said as he laughed. "Oh his name is bad too but he has a better attitude than Green." "Hey!" They all started to laugh except Bulbasaur. Chel noticed this. "Hey Bulbasaur, don't worry. You're partner will be here too, don't you worry." Bulbasaur did look better but it was still a little worried. Before Chel could try harder in cheering it up, Green stepped in. "Yo Chel! How about we have a battle to see who chose the best pokemon!" Chel turned her attention to him and rolled her eyes. "Green I don't think-" "Let's go Squirtle!"
Lloyd ran out to face Squirtle. "All right, Lloyd go!" Chel called out reluctantly. "Use Scratch." Lloyd did as she asked and scratched its opponent. "Squirtle" Green replied. "Use Tackle!" Squirtle came back with a tackle that nailed Lloyd in the stomach. "Stay strong Lloyd. Scratch again." Lloyd stopped Green's pokemon in its tracks. He then took his claw and, with all his might, scratched Squirtle down to the floor. It was a critical hit and Squirtle was down. Chel and Lloyd had won their first battle together. The two cheered and hugged one another in excitement. "We did it!" She cheered. "Nice job, Chel." Oak said smiling. "You're just as tough a pokemon battler as your mother." She smiled and thanked him. She'd never felt more alive and energetic. "Yeah, so you won this time." Green said picking up his Squirtle. "But next time, things will be different." "Green, you and Squirtle did a nice job too. I thought we were gonna lose." Chel replied. Green smiled. "Heh, thanks." Squirtle looked up to him and grinned. "What?" He asked. Some time passed and still no sign of the last child. "Hmm... Red's still not here. We'd better go get him." Chel said. "Here let me heal your pokemon." Oak offered. He put the children's pokemon in their pokeballs , took them to a machine and turned it on. Once they were healed, he returned them to their new owners and the two took their leave after thanking him. "Don't worry Bulbasaur, we'll be here with your new partner in no time." Chel promised as they left. Bulbasaur smiled in reply.
Green and Chel had arrived at Red's house. The two had put their pokemon away so they could rest some more. As soon as Green knocked on the door, it flung open with a boy wearing red rushing out. The three had fallen into a pile. "Hey Red." Chel said looking down at the boy, she had managed to land on the top of the pile up. "We're here to get you." Red smiled. "Heh, thanks." He said lowly. He was always quiet and when he did speak, which was rare, it was in a low voice. "Sorry I slept in late." He continued. "It's okay." She said. "That's all fine and dandy." Green tuned in from the bottom. "It's nice to hear that you two are having a nice little chat. Now get off your both heavy!" The two realized that Green was on the bottom of the pile and did as he asked. The three stood up and began to talk. "So Red, you ready to get your first pokemon, cuz we just did." Green boasted. Red turned to Chel to see if what he said was true. She smiled. "I chose Charmander." "I got Squirtle." They told him showing their new pokeballs. Red had a surprised look. "Don't worry there's a Bulbasaur waiting for you." Chel informed him. Once she had said that she saw that he was excited, which Chel wasn't use to seeing. The time she's spent in Pallet, she never really saw Red show a lot of emotion unless pokemon were involved in the situation. Red had wanted a pokemon all his life and now was the time. This made Chel laugh. He was no different from her. "Let's go!" She said smiling. Red nodded and they made their way back to the Lab.
Professor Oak was outside searching for something in a frenzy. "Gramps" Green called. "What's wrong?" Oak frowned and turned his attention to Red. He placed his hand on Red's shoulder. "I'm sorry, Red, but it looks like you won't be getting a pokemon today." When Oak said that, Red's heart dropped and his head went down with it. "What happened Professor? Bulbasaur was just here when we left." Chel wondered. "Yes but a while after you left, Bulbasaur grew restless and escaped. That's so strange though, Bulbasaur is usually so calm." Oak explained. "...Professor, I'm sorry... It's my fault... I was too slow..." Red apologized. "No Red, Bulbasaur was my responsibility. It's my fault." Oak said as he turned to his Lab. Chel began to think during a moment of silence. "Oh Professor, I have an idea!" Oak turned around. "Hmm?" "Well, I know Red wanted to travel on his own but could he travel with me? I mean, we know Green doesn't want to have company as he travels, but I don't mind." Oak began to think about the plan. "It won't be for a long time. It'll be at least until he catches a pokemon he wants." "Hmm..." Oak still pondered. "Are you sure about this, Chel." He asked. "I mean, it may be dangerous and Red doesn't have a pokemon, he may be vulnerable to wild pokemon attacks." "Lloyd and I will protect him." She promised. When she turned to face her friend she was met with a look of both shock and excitement. "Very well then." Oak agreed. "It seems perfectly fine with you, Red, so I will allow this. But, listen, and this goes for the three of you, be careful out there. The world can be dangerous." The three nodded. "Which is why you'll need these." Oak fished out of his pocket three red devices. "These are Pokedexes, they can record the data of any pokemon you face out there. I would like for you all to fill it to help my research." The children each received one. "And to catch the pokemon you see, I have pokeballs for you all." He gave them five each. "Awesome!" Green said with a grin. "Well now that everything is fine, I think it's time I go." Green turned to his friends. "I can't wait to battle you guys later on. Don't worry I won't beat you guys too badly." Chel rolled her eyes. "And Gramps, I'll fill up this Pokedex too." He continued. "Red, I'll be on the look out for Bulbasaur." Red nodded. "Thanks, Green." He said in his low tone. "No prob. Welp, smell ya' later guys." Green said as he took off. "That has to be the dumbest..." Chel mumbled under her breath. Red looked at her with his red eyes slightly hidden under his cap. She smiled at him and asked. "Shall we begin our journey?" He nodded. And, once they had said 'good bye' to the Professor and reassured him that they would be fine, they began their journey as they stepped onto Route 1.

Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:05 am

Rattata and Pidgey ruled the first route. Red didn't want either and Chel could understand why. They were everywhere, meaning everyone and their mom could have one. On a good note, Lloyd leveled up a couple of times defending the two from the wild pokemon. Finally, the two made it to Viridian City. As Lloyd rested at the Pokémon Center they decided to go to the Pokemart to get items. Chel decided to buy Antidotes and Potions for their next destination, Viridian Forest. She'd heard that the pokemon there could inflict poison, which could throw a wrench into her plans of getting to Pewter by the evening. As the two picked up Lloyd, they came across a fork in the road. One led to the forest, the other to Route 22. "Hey, could we go this way?" Red asked pointing to the road to the left of them. "Red, I want to get to Pewter before the sun sets." She responded. "I know but I just wanted to see what pokemon are down there." Chel thought for a moment. "Fine. Let's go." She finally said. When they reached Route 22, they found two new pokemon, Mankey and Spearow, along with the usual Rattata. Chel caught a Spearow first and named her Daria and then a Mankey and named her Mosche(Moo-sh). Red still didn't find a pokemon he wanted which made Chel feel bad for him. She had three pokemon to his none. After Chel's pokemon leveled up some, they began to leave the route, until. "Hey, lovebirds. Any luck finding a new pokemon for Red?" They both turned and saw Green walking towards them. Chel gritted her teeth as her face turned red. She looked at Red to see his reaction but he turned his face away, he blushed too. "N-no" She managed. "Not yet." Green smirked. "What's wrong with you two? Awww, did I walk in the middle of something?" He teased. "No but my fist is about to be in the middle of your face if you keep it up." She snapped. "Heh, whatever. Anyway, I want a rematch from earlier." Green said pulling out a pokeball. "Green not now-" "Go Pidgey!" He called out throwing a pokeball. "Fine go Lloyd." Chel said as she threw Lloyd out. And yet another battle began. Thanks to fighting the pokemon of the two routes, the battle ended as quickly as it started. "Aw man, not again." Green complained as he put Squirtle in its pokeball. "Good job, Mosche. That was great for your first battle." She said praising the Mankey. Mosche was hugged her and was returned to her ball. "Well it's nice to see your getting tougher, but I'll become better than you Chel." Green exclaimed. "And Red, hurry up and get a pokemon so we can battle." "Green, why are you so ignora-" "I'll leave you two alone now. Smell ya' later sweethearts." Green said as he cut off Chel. He walked past the two and left them alone. Chel growled. "Ugh, he is so unbearable, I swear!" She complained. She felt her face turning red again. When she turned to see Red he turned away from her again and had his hands cover his face. Green always did this and that made the two awkward near each other once he left. Chel sighed. "All right, let's go." They left the route, made a stop at the Pokémon Center again, and went into the Viridian Forest.
After trampling on a few Bug Catcher's dreams with the help of Lloyd and Daria, the two nearly finished their trek until a quick, yellow figure jolted in front of them with its back turned. Chel sent out Lloyd to defend them. "Lloyd, Ember!" Lloyd spat out tiny balls of fire which the yellow figure swiftly dodged. It then turned to them. "Pi?" The pokemon had a lightning shaped tail, red cheeks, and pointy ears. "Whoa." Red said. "What pokemon is that?" He asked pulling out his Pokedex. "Pikachu: The Mouse Pokémon. Pikachu have small electric sacs on both their cheeks. If threatened, they loose electric charges from the sacs." "Wow." Red said looking at it. "Red do you want this one?" She asked. "Yeah, I've got a feeling about this one." He responded. Pikachu seemed interested in him too, or at least his hat. Itjumped on Red's head and took off with his hat. "Hey, come back." He called running after it. "Red wait." Chel said chasing after them. Lloyd trailed behind trying to keep up.
Soon, Red found the Pikachu with another Pikachu. This one, though, looked very sick and was laying on the ground. "Pika, pika." The Pikachu muffled with Red's hat in its mouth pointing to its friend. Once she arrived, Chel squatted down and slowly picked up the sick Pikachu. "What do you think is wrong with it?" Red asked as he stroked its head. "I think it was poisoned by another pokemon." She took out an Antidote and sprayed it. "This should help but it looks like it lost a lot of health. We need to take it to the Center." Chel carefully stood up. "We have to hurry." She looked around. "Wait where's Lloyd?" Red shrugged. "Chaar!" They turned around to see a hoard of Beedrill chasing him. "Of course." Chel mumbled as she turned and ran with the others.
Everyone made it out alive. They ran into some things on the way out but they were fine. The group continued to run to the Pokémon Center. Once there, Chel explained to Nurse Joy what happened. Joy took the Pikachu and rushed it to the back as quickly as possible. As they waited for the Nurse to return, Pikachu looked worried. Red comforted it by talking to it. Chel didn't want to bother them so she went to the room where the sick Pikachu slept. She peeked into the door and saw Nurse Joy. Joy looked up and waved her in. As she came in, the Nurse explained Pikachu's situation "Pikachu will be fine in the morning." She said smiling. "That was very kind of you and your friend to bring in wild pokemon for help." "Thank you." Suddenly, Red ran in with a smile on his face, the Pikachu also returned his hat. "Chel." He said grabbing her hands. "Um... Yeah?" She asked with a confused look. "Pikachu wants to battle. It wants to see if I'm a good Trainer. Could I... borrow Lloyd... please?" Chel raised an eyebrow. "Uh sure... if he doesn't mind." She handed Lloyd's ball to Red. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" He hugged her once he took the ball. That surprised her. Red never showed this much emotion or raised his voice like that. He didn't let go after awhile. "Red, Pikachu. Go. Like now." Chel reminded him, she turned her face away from him so he didn't see her blush. "Oh.... heheh, sorry." Red said nervously as he let go of her. His voice went back down. "C'mon." He grabbed her arm and dragged her outside where Pikachu was waiting.
"Go Lloyd." Red called as he threw the pokeball. Lloyd popped out and looked around confused. "Lloyd, could you do Red a favor and fight Pikachu?" Chel asked. Lloyd became excited and nodded. "Do your best then." She said. "Alright Lloyd use Ember." Red commanded. Small balls of fire came towards the Pikachu and they each made a hit. "Good job." He complimented. "Now Scratch." Lloyd clawed Pikachu as hard as he could but he made a mistake and hit its cheeks. "Lloyd no." Chel called but it was too late. Pikachu used Thundershock to zap him which did a lot of damage to Lloyd. He doubled over in pain. Soon, Pikachu started a Quick Attack. "Stay strong Lloyd." Red said. "Use Ember." Lloyd snapped out of his pain and did as he was told but Pikachu avoided the attack and moved in on him. Lloyd was hit hard and fell to the ground. Chel gritted her teeth. "You can do it Lloyd!" She yelled. "I believe in you!" As soon as she said that, Lloyd began to glow. His claws became larger and sharper and his overall appearance was different but his eyes looked the same to her. Lloyd had evolved into a Charmeleon. Chel had a huge grin on her face. He got up and nodded to her to let her know he was fine. He waited for Red's next command. "Alright let's finish this, Smokescreen." A black cloud was spat out by the Charmeleon and surrounded him. Pikachu shot Thundershocks in the cloud with no success. "Now Lloyd." Red signaled. Ember blindsided Pikachu from the black cloud with a direct hit. Pikachu couldn't take it and fell back. Lloyd then jumped out. "Scratch!" Red commanded. His voice was full of force and confidence. Lloyd scratched Pikachu without hitting its cheeks with great force. "Pi...ka" Pikachu had fainted from the last attack. "Nice job boys. Now Red catch it!" Chel informed. Red nodded and threw a pokeball. The ball opened and consumed Pikachu in a flash of light. It then closed and began to shake. 1... 2... 3... Click. Red's eyes opened wide. He ran to the ball and picked it up, Chel followed with Lloyd close behind. "Congrats, Red!" She said slapping his back. "You're a Trainer now. " "I-I am..." He grew quiet and turned and hugged her again. This time, Chel hugged him back. When she heard Lloyd snicker she backed away and patted her pokemon on the head. "And Congrats to you too, for evolving." "Char!" He exclaimed. Lloyd then hunched over in exhaustion. Chel sighed and returned him to his pokeball. "Better get you to Nurse Joy."
Red was disappointed that he couldn't spend time with Pikachu since it was resting. "You guys will have plenty of time together, just you watch." Chel said. Night then fell and as they walked to their rooms in the Pokémon Center, Chel saw a poster. "Hey Red look at this." Red stopped and went to her. "It says that there's a gym leader in this city looking for tough Trainers. Maybe you should go challenge him." She told him. "Yeah, if I beat him I'll get a badge and be qualified to take on the Pokémon League." He looked at her. "That's what I plan on doing anyway..." "Well you should." She agreed. "Chel you take the challenge too." Red commanded. "I've seen you battle multiple times and you're amazing. Do it, pleeeease." She smiled. "Alright I will. How do you qualify?" She asked as they walked to their rooms again. "Well you need to get eight Kanto gym badges and get past Victory Road." Red explained. "Each gym leader specializes in a certain type like Electric or Grass. Depending on the pokemon you have, they could be easy or hard to beat. " "I see... what does the gym leader here specialize in?" Chel asked. "Rock types." Red answered happily. "Wha- Red Pikachu can't hurt rock..." She paused and thought after seeing he slowly turned his head away from her. "Red!" Exclaimed the girl. "Their pokemon are ground types too aren't they?" She asked. "........" "Going silent huh? Fine. The one thing Pikachu is weak to just had to be the first gym." They made it to their rooms which were next to each other. "If you want to win you'll need to get a-" I'll be fine with Pika." He said. "Pika?" "Yeah I decided to name him that, I know it's simple but..." "No it's fine." Chel said smiling. "It's cute that you named him that." Red covered his face with his hat. "Thanks..." He managed. "Anyway, I'll be fine. You should stop worrying about me and go on YOUR journey." He told her grabbing her shoulders. "Okay?" He asked. "Okay." She accepted. "Well... good night and if I don't see you in the morning good luck." "Yeah same to you." They hugged each other again and went to their rooms. The next morning, Red went to check on Chel but she had already gone to challenge the gym and the ill Pikachu had went with her. Red was a little sad that he missed her but he knew that in order to grow stronger, they had to grow apart. Knowing this, he decided to train Pika and let it out of the ball. He looked like he didn't enjoy his stay in there. "Hey, Pika. D-do you like that name?" He asked. The Pikachu nodded and looked around for the others. Red explained that they went on their own journey. "Alright Pika. We can't be left behind let's get started!" "Pika!" The two ran off to start their new journey.
End Flashback

Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:25 pm

I guess because of something a character says this is not G rated.

Chel finished her story and watched as her team talked amongst one another. Anubis and Midnight asked the questions for their teammates since they could both use Psychic to communicate. "Chel, how come we haven't seen Red or Green?" Midnight asked first. "Aren't they your friends?" Chel gave no expression. "Well we were, until we all made it to the League. Green was there first, then me and then Red..." "Who won out of the three of you?" Anubis asked. "Red. He was so strong... but he wasn't the won I lost to... It was Green who beat me." Everyone's eyes widened. "Wha-what happened? I thought you were stronger than him!" Midnight exclaimed. "Well, I was down to one pokemon, Lloyd, against Green's last pokemon, Blastoise. We were at a stalemate, until-" She was then cut off by her grandmother coming in carrying her PokeGear. "You need to get going, school's about to start." She handed the device to Chel. "And your PokeGear was ringing." "Thank you." Chel said as her grandmother left. She looked down at it and saw it was Sabrina, the Psychic gym leader of Kanto. Chel liked Sabrina; she didn't sugar coat things and told the straight truth. Although, this worried her, Sabrina only called either to challenge her to a rematch or to tell her a vision she had about Chel's future. She hoped for a battle. "Hey guys I need to make a call. I'll tell you the rest later." She sent them to their pokeballs and began to call Sabrina. "Hello." Sabrina answered. "How long has it been since I've heard from you? Let's see... seven years, right... that makes you 17, correct?" Chel laughed. "Yeah and what does that make you, an old lady?" Sabrina giggled. "You know what? I was GOING to warn you about your little boyfriend coming after you but..." "Wa-wait WHAT?!?" Chel exclaimed. "You sent Anubis your vision, didn't you?" "Yes, I did." She laughed. "I like that you completely disregarded the fact that I called Red your boyfriend." Chel face palmed herself as her face went red. "Shut up, Sabrina!" Sabrina ignored her and made her voice serious. "Now Chel, you have to fight tooth and nail against him, you need to revert back to your old self and reawaken that love you had for battling!" Chel's heart began to sink. "Sabrina... noooo, no. I-I can't" "I know Chel but you have to suck it up. We both knew this was going to happen eventually so you need to face it." "Sabrina, I'm not strong anymore... I'm not. That's why..." "You need to do this or that vision WILL come true." Sabrina snapped. "He will show no mercy!" "Sabrina...." "Listen, you know how he gets! When he's out for blood, he's out for blood." Chel sighed, her heart beating fast. "I-I'll do it..." She responded reluctantly. Sabrina sighed. "Good. Man you're stubborn." "When is he coming?" "Soon, I don't know the day or time but I know soon..." Chel frowned. "Wait but I remember you saying when we first met that you had a vision of me appearing there on that time and day..." "Oh would you look at the time~ I need to go to the gym and YOU need to go to school. Bye~ Oh and you should look at your local news, there's someone you might want to see." Sabrina then hung up before Chel could say anything more.
Chel did as Sabrina suggested and turned the TV on to the local news only to see the words "Breaking News" appear on the screen. The news anchor then appeared. "Hello everyone, we have breaking news at our local high school. It seems there will be a special guest there this month. We go to Kate on the scene." Chel got something to drink as the scene changed to the anchor. Her jaw dropped when she saw that she was standing right in front of her school. "I don’t like where this is going..." She thought. "Hello, I'm here in front of our local high school for those who wish to pursue higher education and prepare for college, instead of becoming full-time Trainers. Here they have a special visitor... and there he is now!" The live anchor said in excitement as she turned her back to look at the Trainer arriving at the front of the school. There was screaming from people who were off camera. (Mostly girls) The camera zoomed in on the Trainer who was getting off his Pidgeot. Chel was not very good at reacting to things quickly at times. Even when everyone screamed his name and the graphic stated his full name and where he was from she was completely oblivious. When she took a swig of her drink, the Trainer had turned to the cameras and waved. She looked at him and spat out her drink in shock. "GREEN?!?" There he was brown hair, green eyes, confident smirk, and all. She couldn't believe her eyes. “That’s right Green Oak grandson of Professor Oak and Viridian City’s gym leader, HERE!” The anchor exclaimed. "Nooo...." She whined. "Why me?"
After getting yelled at by her grandmother for not leaving yet and getting some of her younger pokemon from her mom, via PC transfer, so she didn't have to battle anyone at school (Since no one was interested in battling a team of "weak pokemon"), Chel finally went to school, cautiously. She looked behind her back every time she felt someone was near. When she set her stuff down in her first class, she went to see her friends. As she walked to through the hallways with her Houndour, Hades, she heard excited chatter from the other students. Everyone was talking about how cool Green is. She sighed. Hades looked up to her and moved in closer, rubbing his head on her leg to comfort her. She smiled at him. "Thanks, Hades." She said as she patted his head. Hades was caught in Chel's Johto journey and had already heard her story. The two went to the cafeteria, where most students hanged out before class. As Chel went to her friends usual table, she noticed it was louder than usual in there. When she looked to where the principal’s office was, she saw a huge mass of students with different forms of merchandise. Hats, pokeballs, there left shoe, you name it. Chel rolled her eyes knowing that Green was somewhere in the middle of it. "I know where I'm not going near..." She mumbled. Hades shook his head. "Chel!" Her friends called. Chel made her way to them and sat down at the table. "Hey, girls." She greeted. "Yo!" Her friend Monic said back. Her other friends, Ren, and Katrina, also greeted her. "Where's Liza?" She asked. Monic gave her a "can you believe this" look. "She's over there... getting something signed by Green~ " She said Green's name in a mocking way, like he wasn't a big deal. Ren snapped at her. "C'mon, you gotta admit he IS pretty cute." She then turned to Chel and pushed up her lips to make one of her dumb faces. "Isn't that right, gurl?" She asked. Monic turned to Chel too. "Oh yeeeeah, you DID go out with him did you?" Chel's face turned red and Hades snickered as he made his way into Katrina's lap, she and Hades were friendly with one another, almost like she was his Trainer. "S-shut up!" "Ooohhhh" Everyone said simultaneously. "Soooooo, Chel." Monic said poking her. "Did you kiss?" "NO!" She responded. As the conversation went on, Liza came back with signed merchandise. "Chel!" She ran and hugged her crushing her with the items. "Look it!" Liza said throwing her stuff on the table and sitting down. "Easy Christmas presents!" Monic and Ren looked at each other with wide eyes. "YO! Christmas IS coming up! That means we don't have to go to this stupid place for almost a month!" Her voice went up with excitement. "Yeah but there's also that stupid pep rally we have to go to." Ren informed. "Dang that's right! Oh but you're taking me home early that day right?" She asked Ren. "Uh no, I have to sing in it." Katrina finally looked up after petting Hades. "Sucks for you guys, I only have three classes." She gloated. "Man, I wish I had taken the three classes instead of all four." Chel whined. "Me too." The others responded. Liza began to organize her things. "Hey, Chel. Why don't you talk to him? It's been seven years." She asked. "I would but-" "What, you scared?" "No it's just that he and Red are mad at me for not talking to them for seven years." "You mean five for Green." "No seven." She looked down. "I didn't say anything to him when I went back to Kanto. All I did was nod or shake my head..." "CHEL!" Liza snapped. "I know, I know. I'm terrible!" "Uh yeeah, I mean how do you go and challenge someone and not even speak to them? He ain't psychic; you sure as heck ain't psychic. So if you don't get your tail over there before we go to class, I will tell everyone that you're the Champion of four regions." Monic said smirking. "No one's going to believe you." "Oh they aren't? You must have forgotten the fact that everyone at this school is a MORON and will believe anything." "But it's ME we're talking about. The kids who knew me from the beginning will deny it all." "Will they?" The two starred each other down. "Fine..." Chel responded. "I'll do it when the first bell rings and everyone starts to go to class." And so the wait began.
After the first bell rang, Chel's friends began to leave with the rest of the kids. "You better go over there before the next bell rings." Liza told Chel who was still sitting at the table. "I'm going..." She responded getting up slowly. She began to walk toward him in small steps. This made Monic and Ren impatient. "Man, will you just go?" Ren asked putting her hand on Chel's back. "I know right? Walkin' all slow!" Monic agreed mirroring Ren's actions. At the same time, they both pushed her in Green's direction with Hades happily following behind. Unfortunately, they pushed her hard enough to ram her into the brown haired boy. The principal was standing next to Green before he was knocked over and ran to his aid. "Owww..." Chel complained. "Erk..." Green groaned. As the principal helped the two up she looked at Chel's face. "Oh Chel, it's you! Are you alright? What happened?" She asked concerned for her. "I ran into someone." She lied. "I see... Are you okay Green?" The woman asked him but when she turned to look at him, his eyes were fixed on Chel. "Your name is Chel?" He asked. "Y-yeah..." She admitted. He narrowed his eyes and looked down to see Hades growling at him. Green looked deep into her eyes and went towards her. As he came closer and closer, her heart beat faster and faster. "What's he gonna do?" She thought. "Is he gonna hit me?... Then again, I shouldn't be against this. I deserve it... for being a bad friend." He was now right in front of her and raised his hand. Chel tensed up waiting for the impact as Hades waited for Green to give him a reason to attack. Suddenly, he closed the space between the two and hugged her. Chel's face turned red while Hades looked confused. "Wha-" She uttered. "You talked to me..." Green said happily. "Green..." Chel began to tear up. "I'm so sorry. It wasn't your fault!" She started to cry as the memory that had hurt her so bad came back. He hugged her tighter. "No... I'm the one who's sorry. I was terrible to you." The principal's eyes widened and had them come to her office. Soon, they began to remember the incident that basically ended the friendship the three Trainers used to have.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:57 pm

Flashback
Chel and her team had just finished their battle against the last Elite 4 member, Lance. "You're good, Chel." He complimented her. "And your pokemon are good too." He said referring to Chel's Vaporeon, Claire. She pretty much swept his team with Ice Beam and Surf. "Thanks, Lance. And good job Claire." She said as she returned the Vaporeon to her pokeball. Lance walked to her and put his hand on her shoulder. "Chel, I would say congratulations on becoming Champion but I'm afraid you came here a little late." Chel's face became confused. "I'm sorry, what?" She asked. Lance grabbed her hand and sighed as he walked her through a long hallway. "Just follow me." "Where are we going?" She asked. "You're going to challenge the new Champion and I'm going to hurry back to face another challenger, who, if you win, you'll have to face." He looked back at her. "Did you guys sync your watches to come here or something because you guys are the best challengers we've had in a while." Chel shrugged. The hallway finally ended at a large door. "Whoa." She said looking at the spectacular designs engraved on the door. There were the Legendary birds, Mew, a pokemon Chel had yet to see, and a Dragonite all carved beautifully in gold. "Here we are." Lance said. He noticed he still held Chel's hand and let go quickly. He looked away in embarrassment. "Sorry..." He apologized. "I have to go now. Good luck, Chel. And remember to trust your pokemon!" Lance said as he patted her back. He then bolted back to his station before Chel could thank him and wish him good luck. She wondered who the new Champion was and also, who this other challenger was. She then slapped herself in her mind as she began to push the doors open. "Of course I know who they are." She mumbled. A boy with brown hair, green eyes, and an attitude was waiting on the other side. "Green and Red." She silently said.
Green smirked cockily, as usual. "Well, well, well." He started. "Look what the Persian dragged in." "Yeah, but look what it spat up." Chel responded. "Funny." He sneered. "As you can see, I'M the Champion!" He said triumphantly. "Yes, I see that." She said rolling her eyes. "And as Champion, I will accept any challenge from those who qualify." Green paused and gave another smirk. "And I believe you qualify enough, so let's go! BATTLE!" He took out his first pokeball. "Alright, let's dance!" Chel responded as she took out her first pokball. The battle began.

The battle had taken a turn for the worst for Chel and her team. Chip, her Raichu who was the Pikachu she and Red helped, had fallen to Green's last pokemon, Blastoise. All she had left was Lloyd. "It's all you big guy!" She called out as she threw his ball out to the battlefield. Lloyd was a Charizard then and stood in front of his opponent with determination in his eyes. Both parties didn't know that Red and the Elite 4 watched the battle, as well. It was fierce, although Lloyd was at a disadvantage. "Blastoise, Hydro Pump!" Green commanded. Gallons of water were blasted from the pokemon’s two cannons on its back. "Lloyd, Fly!" Lloyd took flight and dodged the attack. When he saw the chance, he flew in to attack. He then, once he was close enough, flew down and slammed into his opponent. The attack seemed to have done a lot of damage but Blastoise grinned and bared it. Green smirked. "Skull Bash!" The water type grabbed Lloyd and slammed its head as hard as it could into him. "Lloyd, get outta there, Flamethrower." Lloyd opened his mouth wide and blasted fire in the Blastoise’s face. The plan worked and it let Lloyd go. "Good, now Slash!" Lloyd's claw glowed and became bigger and sharper. He then took his claw and slung it against Blastoise's face, a critical hit. Although it was hit hard twice, Blastoise was still standing. Chel knew that it was defensive but not like this. Green's smirk widened. "Those were some good moves there, Chel, but Blastoise was trained for this with a hardened defense." He informed her. She looked into Lloyd's eyes. He was thinking the same thing. He prepared himself to use the ultimate fire type move but both of them knew he couldn't just sit there and shoot it; he'd have to get into Blastoise face. They knew what had to be done. "Lloyd, Fly again!" She commanded. He took off once more. "Shoot it down, Blastoise, Hydro Pump." The bulky pokemon did as it was told. Lloyd instinctively dodged each blast with ease. Blastoise may be defensive and looked like it was fine, but it had low energy and looked tired. Lloyd looked weary as well as he dodged but he made it and hit Blastoise. "Don't you learn?" Green asked shaking his head. His pokemon grabbed Lloyd and pulled it in close. "Skull-" "Now, Lloyd!" Before Blastoise could do anything, Lloyd opened his mouth wide as powerful flames gathered in his mouth. His body also began to become hot and the air around the two started to steam. "Blast Burn!" Lloyd created a huge fiery explosion right in Blastiose's face.
When the smoke cleared it was barely standing, type resistance or not, it really left a mark on it. Unfortunately, since Lloyd was immobile, he was at the mercy of Blastoise. Green frowned. "So you found the old lady who teaches the ultimate moves too, huh?" Chel's eyes widened. "T-too?!?" She repeated. Green smiled. "Yep, that's right. Blastoise, show her your Hydro Cannon attack." Blastoise's back cannons were aimed towards Lloyd who was still unable to move. "NO! LLOYD!!!" Chel yelled. "C'mon! Fly out the way!" She commanded. Blastoise's cannons began to glow. After a while, it looked like the move was fully powered and Lloyd still could not move no matter how much a struggled. "Fire!" Green commanded. His pokemon did as he said and fired a huge blast of water. "Lloyd!" Chel cried out. "You can do it!" She shouted. Chel's words of encouragement motivated Lloyd to move again. He flew up to avoid the attack. "Way to go, that's it Lloyd!" She said cheerfully. "Chel!" Green yelled in panic. Everyone on the side lines was also screaming her name. She looked to Green smugly but her look changed when she saw why everyone called her. Blastoise's Hydro Cannon was coming straight towards her. Her eyes widened and she froze in place. Red started running towards her and Green told Blastoise to stop but it was too late. Chel gasped when she felt the impact but was confused to why she didn't feel the attack. Before anyone knew it, Lloyd used his body to cover her up; his back was turned to the attack.
"L-Lloyd?" She whimpered. "Rawr." He replied weakly. He backed away and looked her in the eyes. Chel looked at him in disbelief, that attack should have done a lot to him. Lloyd smiled as if to say "everything is gonna be alright." He then fell next to her. "Lloyd, no!" Chel cried. She looked at his tail and her heart almost dropped, his fire was nearly out and, to make matters worse, Lloyd's back was hit hard. Chel went to her pokemon's aid. "C'mon, man. Keep your eyes open." She begged as she stroked Lloyd's head. The Elite 4 members went to her side. "Lloyd?" She looked into his eyes, they looked like they were about to close. "No, no, no. Lloyd, please... You can't leave me, buddy. Me, the team... we need you, Lloyd." She started to cry as she rested her forehead on his. Lloyd's eyes slowly closed, he looked as if he fell asleep. "Lloyd?" Chel asked, her heart dropped when he didn't respond or move. Agatha, the eldest of the four, put her hand on Chel's shoulder. "Dear, I'm sorry..." Chel's heart sank farther. "Is he..." Lance checked Lloyd's pulse. "He's alive, but barely..." He turned to Bruno, the fighting type user. "Help me out here we need to take him to Nurse Joy, fast." Bruno nodded. Lorelei and Agatha tried to comfort the broken hearted girl as she sobbed. Red walked to Green, who had his head down. Blastoise was next to him looking at its old rival in disbelief. Green returned it to its pokeball still showing little emotion. Red then grabbed him by the collar and shook him. "Why? WHY? WHHYYY?!?" He shouted at him. Chel heard what was going on and it surprised her, Red never became this mad before and he surely never raised his voice. Green looked away without a response. That made Red angrier. He made a fist. Lance saw this and ran towards them to stop him. Red gritted his teeth. "What do you have to say, HUH?!?" He shook Green harder. Green's voice was a whisper; his mouth moved but you could barely hear him. "What?" Red asked. "What could you possibly say now? You know Green; you've been a terrible friend lately. And I'm tired of it. You used to be my best friend but you've been acting like a real jerk!" "I know..." Green admitted. "Good..." Red replied pulling his fist back. He was about to punch him until Lance grabbed him and pulled him away. Green stood there still saying nothing and his head hanging low. Bruno picked Lloyd up with the help of some of his pokemon and started to walk toward the Pokémon Center. Lance pulled Red with him as he scolded him for being so violent. Lorelei helped Chel, who was a heart broken, walk. "Don't worry, Chel. It's going to be okay." She comforted her. "..." Chel said nothing, her spirit was crushed. Agatha smacked Green with her cane. "Are you going to just stand there or are you coming to see what may happen?" "It's best I stay away." He answered sitting down on the floor. "Hmm... maybe that is best." She said turning to see the angry Red, who was arguing with Lance. "You know where we are." She said walking towards the group. When they left, Green covered his eyes with his hands. Blastoise was out once again and looked down sadly at him. "Why?" He asked. "Why do I have to always screw things up?" His pokemon lowered its head in shame. "Why?" He asked softly. Tears then streamed down his face. Blastoise then put its paw on his shoulder to show comfort. "I always mess up!" He yelled.
End Flashback

Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:05 pm

Warning: semi curse words ahead. Reference to the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aofoBrFNdg

Green sighed and scratched the back of his head nervously. "I still feel terrible about that." Chel put her hand on one of his. "Don't, it wasn't your nor Blastoise's fault." She said smiling. "It was mine... I was weak..." Her smile faded as she said that. Green frowned. "Chel..." He put his hand in hers. "I-" He was cut off by the principal, Mrs. P, who walked back in after answering a call. "Chel, I'm sorry but you need to go to class." "Yes, ma'am." She said getting up. She then looked at n concern Green. "I'm here all month." He assured her. "Go to class." She nodded and left. Green and the principal began to talk. "My, it seems you two have been through so much." She said taking a seat next to him. "Yeah, we have." "I never knew Chel was the girl who was so close to becoming the Champion in Kanto all those years ago." Green nodded. "What happened to her Charizard?" She asked. Green sighed. "Lloyd was badly injured but he was still alive, which was good. He didn't wake up though. He... he fell into a coma." Green looked at her. "He still is... to this day at the Pokémon Center in Indigo Plateau." "I see... but what happened to Red?" She asked. "Red and I made up when Chel went back. She didn't say good-bye; she hasn't even spoken to us after that. I felt really guilty but her mother told me that they both knew it wasn't my fault but... I still felt bad. Chel refusing to talk to me and Red made me feel worse. But then Red stopped talking to everyone for some reason. When he beat me and became Champion, he left and went to Mt. Silver. I guess he needed to be alone. He comes down every once in a while to hang out but he still doesn't talk." The principal began to ponder. "Perhaps he felt hurt about the fact that Chel no longer talked to you two and stopped talking himself." "I guess so..." Green responded. He looked down and then breathed heavily. "You know, Green, it's not your fault. It wasn't anyone's fault, it was a freak accident. Nothing could be done." She said sternly. Green nodded in understanding but he still frowned. Mrs. P smiled. "I know that look..." She said patting his back. "The chains of your past still bind you like an Onix. And I know that you feel like you need to be released. So when Chel comes back to see you, ask her about her feelings on this, ask her to tell the truth." Green nodded again.
Meanwhile, when Chel walked into the classroom with Hades, everyone, including the teacher, stopped and starred at her as if she had just kicked down the door and screamed at the top of her lungs. This made her nervous; no one really listened or paid attention to her in school, which made her quiet, which she hated. "What the heck are they starring at?" She thought. Hades looked up to her in confusion. A girl turned to her and spoke. "Hey, Chel. How are you?" Chel made a "what does this chick want" face. "Um, fine I guess." The girl nodded. "Good, good." Chel went to her seat as everyone watched her. "What?" She asked them. The girl answered for them. "Nothing, it's just that..." She began to talk. Chel hated that because she NEVER STOPS. Hades rolled his eyes and lied down covering his ears. "Oh my gosh! Stop. Talking. I don't care about your day, your opinions, nothing. Just. Stop! Ugh I wish I had a pokemon with String Shot. My life would be so much easier... Maybe I'll go to the Move Relearner guy and have my Butterfree relearn it." She thought. Chel's mind drifted off as the girl talked her ear off until she finally got to the point. "So anyway, I saw you and Green Oak hugging. What's up with that?" She asked finishing her little story. Chel's eye twitched, at both the constant talking and how it led to the question so quickly. Chel has met many people in her adventures; some were quiet, others not so much, but this girl was a whole new level. "I have never wanted to harm someone this much in my life... And I've fought people who wanted to destroy the world!" She screamed in her mind. "Well, I feel that that is not any of your business." She said calmly. The girl smiled. "Don't worry, we understand, sure some of us are jealous but we're happy for you two." Chel raised an eyebrow. "I'm sorry, what?" "We know that you two are... together and we want to congratulate you." She continued. Chel nearly fell out of her chair. "Although" The girl started. "I don't understand why a guy like Green, who is cool and cute, would go for a not-so-special girl like you." As soon as she said that, the kids who knew Chel from when they were younger face palmed in unison. They knew of her short fuse. "Way to go, honey." One of them said sarcastically. Chel's blood boiled as her face turned red. She never thought of Green as... that. She never thought of anyone like that except one but... Chel shook her head to snap herself out of it. She turned to the teacher. "May I leave?" She asked. The teacher nodded in approval. As she left with Hades, who was so close to toasting the chatty girl, the girl stopped her. "Chel I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't get in you and Green's love life but still I-" Chel slapped her hand on the girl's mouth. "For five minutes, could you just be quiet? For five 'effing minutes!" She yelled. Chel then walked out to the hallway with Hades as the class and teacher clapped for her.
"Sweetie, why aren't you in class?" Mrs. P asked shaking her head. Chel told her the reason and she shook it some more. "Chel..." She groaned. "It wasn't my fault! She shoulda been minding her business and left me alone. She also had the nerve to talk my ear off before asking that question." She responded. Green walked back in and smiled at Chel. "Hey, you're back so soon? Did you miss me or something?" He asked as he sat next to her. "N-no!" She said shyly turning away from him. Mrs. P made eye contact with Green and stood up. "I have a meeting I need to go to. You two can stay here for awhile." She gathered papers and started to walk out. "Green, remember what we talked about." The two were then alone, with the exception of Hades who was curled up underneath Chel's seat asleep. After a moment of awkward silence, Green finally spoke. "Umm, Chel..." She turned and tilted her head. "Hmm?" Green blushed a little and looked down. "It's about the incident... I was wondering..." Chel became nervous. She wondered what he was trying to say. "I wanted to know how you felt about it." He finally admitted. Chel took a deep breath and looked him in his eyes. "Well, when it happened I have to admit, I was angry with you and Blastoise. But then Agatha told me that it was an inevitable event. I wanted to believe her but I couldn't help but blame myself... I should have-" Her voice cracked. Green moved in and hugged her in comfort. "It's not your fault Green, it's not, it's mine!" She told him. He stroked her head and chuckled in realization. "I thought it was all these years... but I see now that it's not." He looked down to her. "And it's not your fault either..." "But-" "It's like what Agatha said it was an inevitable event that couldn't be avoided. I feel like an idiot for not realizing it sooner." Chel looked up to him and smiled. "Heh, I guess you are an idiot." She then blushed when she realized how close she was to his face. He smiled back. "Shut up!" He noticed as well and blushed too. Hades looked up to see them too close for his liking and bit Green's leg. "OW." "Hades!"
After talking with Green for a while, Chel looked at the time. Green did the same. "Chel, you need to go to class." He said. "Yeah I guess I should." Luckily, it was time for her to be in her third class and then lunch after. She had no problem with the last classes because she was more informal. She stood up and awakened Hades. "Smell ya later, Chel." Green said as she left. She turned and smiled. "Now that's the Green I know." Chel and Hades went to her third class of the day. When she walked in her teacher glared at her. The class also looked at her. "What?" She asked. "Nothing, it's just that you're late... and that scares me."Her teacher stated. She squinted at him. "I know what's wrong; you heard about this morning did you?" He scratched his head. "Maybe… Yeah. Did you finally get a boyfriend?" He responded quickly. Chel blushed. "NO! He's my friend!" "Chel, you know there is a song based off what you said and I quote: '...and you say he's just a friend, and you say he's just a friend.'" He said plainly. "Ugh! You're so-" Hades chuckled. Her teacher pointed to her desk. "Just sit down." She did as she was told and class began.
Meanwhile, Green called his grandfather, Professor Oak, to tell him the news. "Hey, Gramps. It's me." "Ah hello, Green." The Professor greeted him. "How's your visit? Are there any Trainers you're interested in joining your gym?" Green's eyes widened. "Crap!" He exclaimed. "Sorry, Gramps, I haven't battled a soul today." "That's fine but it's so unlike you to do that. I mean, unless you don't think anyone there is worthy enough to battle you." Oak said. "Oh no! That's not it at all!" Green voice became light. "Oh, then what's the problem?" "Heh, well I ran into an old friend." Green said as he rubbed his neck. "Oh, who?" "Chel!" He said cheerfully. "Oh, you did?" Oak asked smirking. "Sounds like you ran into something more than Chel." Green blushed. "I-it's not like that, Gramps!" He said. "Well, you better enjoy the time you have with her now." Oak said while laughing. "Huh?" Green asked. "Oh, that's right you left before I had the chance to tell you." Oak's voice grew stern. "I went to Mt. Silver and had a chat with Red the other day, well more like I talked to him. Anyway, I told him that it's about time we snapped Chel out of it and make her reawaken her love for battling; since it’s been about, what seven years? And now that we know what school she's in, I could send Red over there to battle her. And get this, he decided that if she loses or resists, he'll make her live with him on Mt. Silver." Oak said the last sentence cheerfully. Green nearly dropped his Pokegear. “Gramps, you can’t do this! It’s not fair to her!” Oak raised his voice in authority. “Green, you need to understand the problem. Chel has practically been avoiding the past. It’s unhealthy! Every time she goes to a new region, she changes her name and appearance; you remember her journey through Johto?” Green sighed. “Yes…” “She went as far as to dress as a boy!” Oak exclaimed. Green was at a loss for words. "Well, Green, I'll leave you alone. Red will probably be there in a couple of days depending on if he's packed so like I said enjoy her while you can. Bye. Oh, and Green, don't interfere; it's for her own good and you know it." The Professor hanged up. Green put his head in his hands and began to think. "I finally get her back just to have her taken away!” He looked up. “But Gramps is right; it is for her own good." He sighed. "I shouldn't tell her... or else she'll run away." Green heard the bell ring for lunch. "Well, I might as well do as Gramps said and enjoy her for now."

Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:51 pm

"Hey, over here, Green!" Chel yelled as Green walked out of the crowd of fans. "Guys, I need to eat." He told the crowd. Green then walked to Chel's table and sat next to her. He turned to her friends who starred at him. "Guys, this is Green." She introduced them. "Hey." He said waving. Monic snapped out of her daze and played it off. "'Sup." She responded. Everyone else followed her greeting. "So these are your friends?" He asked. "Duh." She answered smiling. "I mean with your personality..." She struck him in the arm as her friends laughed. Since there were so many kids in the school, lunch was split into three different times. This had some of Chel's friends in different lunches leaving her with Ren, Monic, and her best friend, who was late that morning, Illia. Illia elbowed Chel because she wanted to talk. She was very quiet when she spoke, more than Red, and Chel would have to lean in close to hear what she said. "Chel," She mumbled. "Hmm?" Chel asked as she moved in. "Is this your boyfriend from Kanto?" "No!" She responded. "Oh wait that's Red. Never mind." Chel face palmed. "He's not either." She mumbled. Green looked at her. "Who's not what?" He asked. "Nothing!" She said blushing. Ren and Monic noticed that Chel was flustered and wanted to tease her more. They then turned their attention to Green. "So Green," Monic started. "Chel's told us all about you. And we wanna know, since you're a busy gym leader and all-" "Do you have a girlfriend?" Ren asked cutting Monic off. The other girls glared at her. She turned to Monic. "What? You were taking too long." That's Ren; always going straight for the answers. Green smiled. "No, I don't. I've been so busy at the Gym." Chel could have sworn he looked at her when he said 'no'. When they started to eat, Chel then noticed that Green didn't have a lunch. "If you want, you can have some of my sandwich." She said offering the sandwich in her hand. "Sure." He replied. He then lowered his head and bit off the sandwich that was in her hand. Her friend's jaws dropped, then again, the entire lunchroom's jaws dropped, after seeing that. Chel was shocked. Green smiled when he noticed her blushing. "What is this Peanut Butter and Jelly?" He asked. She nodded slowly with her mouth slightly opened. "It's good." He said taking another bite. Chel looked up and noticed that nearly the whole cafeteria was watching. “Great… now they’re staring." She thought. When Green had finished, he smirked at her. "What's wrong with you?" He asked slyly. "N-nothing..." She said turning away. "Hey, where's Hades?" He asked. "Oh I put him in his ball. He kept laughing at me..." She muttered. After a while, the bell rang for them to go to the last class. Chel's friends left with the other students, except Illia who waited for her near the hallway they usually walked down together. Chel stood up. "Well," She said. "It's time for me to go." Green stood up as well and moved close to her. He then starred into her eyes. "I'll miss you." He said as his face came closer to hers. "Um... I will too." She responded blushing. She paid no mind to the students gawking at them or the rumble of anger that came from Hades in his Pokeball. They stood there for a while until Green saw the time. "Looks like you have to go." He sighed and turned his attention back to her. “Oh, thanks for lunch, it was great. We should do that again sometime.” She smiled. “No problem. Just try not to eat from my hands next time.” She laughed nervously. "Bye." He said smiling. "Bye." She said back. Before she turned to leave, Green grabbed her shoulders and kissed her on the cheek. He smirked at her and walked away. Illia grabbed her and they took off running towards their classes. As they ran, Illia squealed. "He kissed you!" She yelled. Chel smiled. "Well, kind of, but..." She felt like she could fly to class.
Chel could barely concentrate on her work. She sat next to Ren who snapped her out of her state every once and a while. When class was ending, everyone started to chat. Ren shoved Chel playfully. "I can't believe it, he kissed you!" Chel looked at her. "Well on the cheek." She admitted. "Still!" She said. "I can't believe it, so does that make you official?" Chel looked away. "Well, I don't know..." The other kids in her class asked her questions related to Green, which she didn't mind since they didn’t aggravate her about it. Class then ended and Chel and Ren walked out to the hallway towards the school gym, which was near the parking lot. They went through the cafeteria where Green was waiting. The students wanted to get out as quick as possible because of the bad traffic so they ran races, not bothering him. "Hey," Green greeted the girls. He turned to Chel. "Need a lift?" He asked. She shook her head. "No I have to stay." "What for?" "She's a part of the Pokeathon team here." Ren answered for her. "I don't know why, you're wasting your time with them!" She continued. Chel frowned. "You know I haven't been into battling like I used to." "I know..." Ren then waved. "Well, I gotta go before these kids ask me for a ride. Bye, Green. Bye, Chel~" She said as she left. Green looked at her. "Pokeathon team? Really?" He asked sarcastically. She shrugged. "It's... okay..." Green frowned. "Not the same as pokemon battles though." He then put his arm around her shoulder. "Why don't you just miss practice and hang out with me?" He asked. "I want to spend more time with you." Green smiled when he saw Chel's red face, again. "I-I'd like that too... b-but that's s-still not a good excuse!" He sighed. "So I take it you're staying, huh?" She nodded and he sighed again. "Fine, I'll stay too." She smiled and they began to walk towards the school gym in the next hallway. They walked in where other students were getting ready for their practices. Some came to Green asking for autographs, which he signed for them, and pokemon battles, which he denied because he wasn't in the mood to battle. Eventually, they stood in front of the girls' locker room. Green smirked. "Want me to help you get changed?" Chel covered her red face with her hands. "NO!" She managed. Green smiled. "Heh, you're so cute when you blush." He said putting his hand on her cheek. "But are you sure-" Chel elbowed him in the stomach. "I said no!" She answered as she walked into the locker room.
When Chel changed, she went outside with her teammates and waited for practice to start. Despite it being winter, it didn't feel too cold. Hades was out of his pokeball enjoying the nice weather as Chel wondered where Green went. When everyone was outside, the coach came out with Green walking next to him. The kids on the team began talking in excitement. They wondered why Green was here. As the coach called for their attention, Green stood next to Chel, which made Hades growl at him and inch closer to his Trainer. "Now, I know everyone is wondering why the famous Green Oak is here." The coach started. "Well, he is looking for strong Trainers to take back with him to Viridian to train under him." Chel looked at him and whispered. "Looking for Trainers? What happened to the other ones?" "That was what four years ago? It was time for them to do solo training." He whispered back. "Besides, I've been slacking in my search." He said as he looked at her. "But, I found you and I'm fine with that." He moved closer to her and Hades glared at him. "All right, ya'll. Let's go. Time for warm ups." The coach finished. Everyone answered enthusiastically and started. They tried their hardest to impress Green and some of girls on the team tried to look as cute as they could for him. "This is why I don't talk to people. They do dumb things to get noticed." She thought as she and Hades ran around the training grounds with the rest of the team. One of the younger members ran next to her with her pokemon. "Hey, Chel?" She asked. "Huh?" She responded. "I'm sorry, I know it's none of my business but I've noticed you and Green are close, did you know each other from before?" She asked. Chel looked at her. "Heh, yeah we were friends when we were kids." "So does that mean you know Red, too?" She asked. Chel frowned after remembering Sabrina's warning. "Yeah... I was friends with him too." Some time went by and warm-ups were over. Everyone then gathered around the coach to receive their work out assignment. He usually separated the kids with the stronger pokemon from the kids with the lower leveled pokemon, which Chel was usually put in. She didn't mind it since it gave her little attention but there were times when she wondered why she was even there. There were times when she didn't really care about the team and whether they won or lost but she didn't want to quit. She couldn't go home and do nothing; she wanted to continue her training but without being noticed so, here she was. Luckily for her, no one knew little to nothing of her past so she just blended in the crowd as a weak Trainer. "All right, ya'll. You have your assignments now let's get to work and remember: work hard!" The coach said giving them encouragement. Chel and Green hanged back away from the crowd near the bleachers. "Why are you in that group?" He asked referring to the weaker group. "Coach thinks I'm weak but I don't care. It keeps me from getting in the lime light." She responded. Hades grunted. He wanted his Trainer to show her strength and prove everyone wrong. He wanted to show that, even though he was fully evolved, he was powerful. Chel sighed. She hated ruining her pokemon's dreams to become the best but she could do nothing; she had no desire to battle anymore. No matter what region she went to, she couldn't reawaken her love for battles. It all left her after the incident but barely returned. Many of the Professors from other regions, after hearing her story, kindly invited her there to travel and gave her a starter pokemon. They all tried to help but she still couldn’t bring her fighting spirit back. The fire was reignited when she fought the Champions of those regions but then it was gone; never to return until her next quest. Green knew Chel was at least trying but he also knew she tried to keep the past behind her and never turned back to see it. He looked at her. “Chel, why don’t you just stop this? You’re better than they could ever know. Why didn’t you just become a gym leader like I did? Or, why didn’t you stay in one of the regions you went to and defend your title?” She became silent. “Sorry, Green. I just can’t.” They noticed that the team was slowly getting to their work outs when: "Excuse me but may I have everyone's attention, please?" A low voice called. Everyone looked around to see who was talking. They all looked up to see a Charizard landing. The boy who spoke hopped off its back and turned to the team. He wore a red jacket and had a Pikachu on his shoulder. His red cap covered his eyes and most of his black hair. Everyone gasped and Chel almost fainted; if it wasn't for Green catching her, she would’ve been on the ground. Green lowered her to the ground as Hades looked at her with concern. "Well, that's two heart attacks in one day; a new record." She mumbled. Green frowned. "I'm sorry, Chel but I didn’t want you to run away." Her heart dropped. "Y-you knew he was coming?!?" She asked. Green nodded. She shook her head in disbelief and backed away from him behind the bleachers so the boy wouldn't see her. Green tried to go after her but Hades stepped in to protect her. Green backed off when Hades growled and looked over to the visitor, who then made eye contact with him. Green walked to the boy and sighed. "Here so soon, Red? I thought you'd be here in a couple of days, since you take a while to-" "I'm not here to chat, Green." Red said cutting him off. "Where is she?"

Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:34 pm

Red glared at Green. "I asked you where is she?" He repeated. Green didn't respond and looked away. Everyone was amazed. First Green, now Red; this was a great start to a week. They crowded around them asking for challenges and autographs but Red denied them. The coach called for order again. "Hey! Leave him alone! Didn't you here him ask a question?" They shook their heads. "Well, I suggest you shut your mouths so you CAN hear." The coach scolded. Red sighed and started over again. "I’m looking for a girl who goes to this school..." The girls giggled and squealed. "I need to battle her." Some of the girls looked disappointed, while others looked excited and determined. The coach smiled. "You wanna go against one of my girls? I have to warn ya they're tough." He said referring to his stronger girls. He then walked over to one of them and put his hand on her shoulder. "Mira, here is the strongest." Red shook his head. "It's not her who I'm looking for." Everyone looked confused. "Then who are you looking for?" The coach asked. "Do any of you know a girl by the name of Chel?" Red asked as Pika hopped off his shoulder to explore. Everyone looked at each other; there was a long pause. Pika sniffed the air and walked to the bleachers. Its ears perked up when it saw Chel and Hades sitting behind the bleachers. "Pi?" Pika said inching towards her. Chel went into a panic. "Please, Pika, please. Don't." She whispered. Hades hopped in front of Pika to stop it. They then heard everyone burst into laughter. Chel sighed. "They don't have to laugh..." She mumbled. Hades turned and put his head in her lap to comfort her, Pika did the same. She petted them both and smiled. "Thanks guys."
"I'm not kidding, where is Chel? I need to battle her." Red asked again. "Are you sure you want to fight her? She's not that good of a Trainer. Her pokemon are weak." The coach said laughing. Red smirked. "Oh so that's what she makes herself out to be, huh?" He looked at Green who clenched his fist. "We'll just see about that. Pika, Thunder!" Suddenly there was a bright light behind the bleachers which turned into a huge bolt of lightning. "AHH!!!" Chel screamed. Green grabbed Red by the shoulder and turned him forcefully. "Are you trying to kill her?" He asked. "Stay out of this Green. I know what I’m doing." He responded shoving him away. He walked to the bleachers where Chel was now crawling away from. Her clothes were scorched and her hair stood up. Everyone was in shock. "Hey, leave her alone." The coach yelled pulling out his pokeball. "You stay out too." Red advised him. Chel looked in his direction and covered her face. Red stood in front of her. "Chel get up." He ordered. "It's time; you knew this was coming." "Leave me alone, Red!" She yelled. Pika ran to its Trainer and looked at Chel sadly. "If you don't get up, I'll do it again." She remained in her place. "Pika, do it." He ordered. Pika generated a lot of electric energy but before it could release it, Hades jumped in to attack. Chel noticed that it was her chance to do a counter attack. "Flamethrower!" Hades blasted fire from his mouth that nearly hit Pika. They took this moment to run but Red tailed them and grabbed Chel's arm. "Stop running away!" He said angrily. Green ran to them as Hades bit Red's leg. He let go of her but grabbed her again before she could start running. Hades tried to bite him again but Pika came in and attacked. Green pulled Red away. "This isn’t going to work, Red! You can't use force!" Red pushed him away and walked to her again. He breathed in and spoke calmly. "Chel, it’s been seven years since we last spoke to each other. I understood that you needed to be by yourself for a while but seven years?" He asked. She looked down. "And then, you come back three years later and don't tell anyone?!?" He was getting angry again. "We know you miss Lloyd, we do too, but you can't throw away the past! We were your friends, Chel; and you just shut us out. We care about you! We would have done everything in our power to help you.” "Red..." She said lowly. "I'm doing this for your own good, Chel." He said moving towards her. Hades went to attack him but was stopped by Pika again. Chel stood there with her head hanging low. “We know that the last battle you had with Green crushed your will to battle; that when you do battle, you don’t feel the joy you used to feel.” When Red was right in front of her, he put his hands on her shoulders. “And I’m gonna help you. I want this battle to reawaken that spirit you had.” He called Pika over. "You’re going to battle me. If you refuse or lose, I'm taking you with me to Mt. Silver for hard core training. But if you win... then you can do whatever you want; keep us out of your life, never speak to us again, whatever. So what's your answer?" He asked. She looked up and saw his arms crossed and Pika was on his shoulder. Both were waiting for her answer. She sighed. "I accept." Red nodded. "Good answer. If you want, you can change your pokemon at the PC." He said smiling. Chel blinked. It's been a long time since she's seen his smile, which she didn't know she missed. She then nodded. "Sure, thanks." She said as she turned towards the school. Red looked at Green. "Why don't you go with her to make sure she doesn't run for it again?" Chel put her hands on her hips. "I was not!" She shouted. Green walked with her back inside in silence as she straightened her clothes and hair out. When she finished assembling her team, he pulled her in for a hug. "Chel, I'm sorry." He said. "I just-" She hugged him back. "I know... I'll be fine. I know I've never beaten him before but it'll be okay." She looked at him. "And I feel a lot better knowing that we're friends again, right?" Green looked sad. "Yeah... friends..." He sounded disappointed. Chel was oblivious when it came to guys. She had no clue as to why Green seemed so down. "Hey, don't worry I got this!" She pointed to her pokeballs. "We got this!" He smiled and laughed. "I trust you, I trust you" He said. She backed away from him and turned toward the door. "Alright, I'm ready." She announced to him. "I'm not." He said silently. Chel turned around. "You say something, Green?" She asked. "No, let's go." He responded as he pushed open the door.
In Chel's mind, she was scared and at the same time furious. "That Sabrina, I can't believe she didn't tell me he'd be here today! But what am I going to do. I've never won a battle against Red." She and Green walked back to the group. As they came near, Red eyed them. "You ready?" He asked her. "Yeah." She answered. They stood far apart from each other, about the size of a regular battlefield. Green became the judge for the match and the team sat in the bleachers. "This battle is between Red and Chel." Green announced. "Both sides will be using six pokemon with no substitutions. When all six pokemon on one side cannot continue, the battle will be over. Red are you ready?" He asked and Red nodded. "Chel are you ready?" She nodded. "Alright! Battle, begin!" Both Trainers took out their first choice. The crowd was waiting to see what pokemon they'd use but they also wanted to see why Red wanted to battle Chel so badly. They thought that she would send out one of her unevolved pokemon but were surprised to see a Manectric on the field to oppose Red’s Pika. When he saw her pokemon, he tilted his head. "That's a Hoenn pokemon, right?" She nodded. "Yep, this is Arlene." She smiled. "Why don't you go first?" She told him. "I was gonna let you go, since ladies first and all but okay. Let's start strong. Pika, Volt Tackle." Pika ran towards Arlene as it charged up a ton of electric energy. Soon its body was engulfed with electric energy as it came closer to her. "Arlene, Charge!" Chel called. Arlene's electric energy collected to the front of her body creating, what seemed to be, an electric shield. Once Pika made full contact with the shield, the electricity around it disappeared. It tried to push through but Arlene pushed it back. It stumbled back a little but regained its footing. "Pika, Brick Break!" Red called. Pika made a fist with its paw, which glowed, and went towards Arlene. "Counter with Iron Tail!" Chel said. Arlene's tail turned metal as she hopped in the air. She twisted her body so her tail could face Pika in midair. The attacks met and they were matched. Both were knocked back by the force of impact. Red made another call. "Pika, Thunder!" Pika charged up a lot of electricity and blasted the energy to Arlene. "Charge again!" Che ordered. Arlene made another electric shield which absorbed the electricity again. "Pika Brick Break." Red commanded. Pika took the chance of Arlene blocking the Thunder attack to move in. Her Charge Shield was broken by its Brick Break, much to their surprise. Chel grinned when she noticed how close Pika was to her pokemon. "Arlene, quick, use Thunder!" Arlene grabbed Pika by its tail and gave off a huge amount of electricity. "PIKA!!!" Pika yelled in pain. Red's eyes widened in realization. When the attack was over and Pika went back to its side to regroup, Red spoke. "I get it now." He started. "That pokemon, you've been hiding its ability with Charge to make it seem like you were using the move to absorb our electric attacks." He smiled. "But in reality, it’s really using its ability, Lightningrod." As she laughed, Arlene frowned that she was figured out. "Very good, Red. You don't miss a beat. You're right, that is Arlene's ability. Not only are electric type moves drawn to her, since she too is an electric type, her Special Attack is raised. And with Charge, her Special Defense rose as well as giving her electric moves a buff." She smiled. "So, that's how you managed to do that much damage to Pika... And here I thought you wouldn't even try. Look at you pulling out the stops, I'm proud and excited." Red complimented. "But, let's see how long that lasts. Pika, Brick Break again!" "Arlene, dodge, then Iron Tail!" She said. She did just that and hit Pika while it was open from its previous attack. Upon contact, Pika's static ability activated and Arlene could barely move. "C'mon, little girl, push through it." Chel said trying to motivate her. Arlene struggled to move as Pika moved in for its next attack. "Iron Tail!" Red commanded. Pika did as he was told and struck Arlene with its metal coated tail. "Keep it up Pika!" It pulled combo after combo and Arlene still couldn't move. She was in bad shape. Chel had enough; she knew that her pokemon had given up but she also knew how to motivate her. "Arlene," She called. "Just think... what would your mother say if she saw you like this, all down and out?" Arlene's eyes widened when she said that. Her mother, Larxene, along with her father Shiranui, was on Chel's team when she became Champion of Hoenn. She wanted to surpass her mother's power so, with her parents’ approval, she trained under Chel. Now was her chance to prove her worth to Chel and to show her parents that she was just as good as them. She growled as she absorbed the electricity Static had left over. Pika was in the middle of an Iron Tail when Arlene mobile again. She grabbed Pika's tail with her mouth. "Arlene, Thunder!" Chel yelled. Arlene used as much power as she could. When she ran out of energy, she dropped Pika. "Pika are you okay?" Red asked. Pika turned over and fainted. "Aw man..." Red said as he walked on the field. As he picked up Pika to see how it was doing, Chel’s teammates gasped. They didn’t expect her to beat any of Red’s pokemon. "You okay, little buddy?" He asked. "Pika!" The yellow pokemon answered. "You did a great job, Pika. Now get some rest, okay." Red sat Pika on the sidelines. Chel smiled at her pokemon. "Wait to go, little girl." She said as she petted her. "Keep it up." Arlene was ecstatic; she had beaten Red's strongest pokemon. She smiled at Chel. When Red went back to his side, they became serious again. "Nice job." He said. "Now let's see how you do against the rest of my team." He pulled out a pokeball. "Go, Saur!" He said as he threw it and a Venusaur came out. Before, it was the Bulbasaur that ran away when Red was starting out. He found it in Cerulean City, how it made it there by itself is beyond anything. Chel frowned. [i]"An electric type against a grass type is no good... But it's a good thing I'm prepared!"[/il] She thought.

Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:30 pm

Welp, I was sick for a while and that just sucks. Then I was basically yelled at to go to the doctors when I only had a cough at the time. The doctor basically said the same thing as the nurse said, which everyone except my mom and I ignored because nurses apparently went to school for no raison. So we wasted our money on that when I could have gotten vitamins to cure me even faster than prescription medicine. *Sigh* Life sucks sometimes...

"Alright, Arlene." Chel started. "Let's take ‘em down! Get in there!" Arlene began to run towards the Venusaur. "Saur, use Sludge Bomb." Red commanded. The plant pokemon shot out poisonous sludge that headed straight for Arlene. "Dodge!" Chel yelled. Arlene followed her Trainer's ordered and moved out of the way. "Again!" Red commanded. Saur tried the same strategy over and over but missed every time; Arlene was way too fast for it. As Saur tried to hit the fast moving pokemon, Red studied her movements. Saur knew what its Trainer was doing. It continued its attack as it waited for the next command. After a short while, Red finally noticed Arlene's pattern of dodging. As soon as she landed, he took his chance. "Quick, Frenzy Plant!" Saur reacted as fast as the command was given and summoned huge tree roots from the ground. Arlene's eyes widened in surprise. She tried to remain calm as she dodged but one root got the best of her and slammed her into the others. They wrapped around her body as she struggled to break free. Chel gritted her teeth. She couldn't send Arlene back in her pokeball, since it was a no substitution battle. Arlene tried with all her might to get out. She looked at her trainer with pleading eyes. She had to pull out her trump card. “Arlene, use Flamethrower!” Arlene smirked and opened her mouth wide to spit out flames. Her attack destroyed the huge vines and allowed her to move freely. “Nice job, little girl!” Chel cheered. “Saur use-“Red stop midsentence when he saw Saur couldn’t move from the last move it used. “Arlene, get in there and use Flamethrower!” Chel yelled. Arlene ran towards Saur at full speed. When she was right in front of it, she opened her mouth for the upcoming flames. The attack was a direct hit. Saur backed away in pain. This was yet another chance. “Arlene use Thunder!” She did as her Trainer commanded and gave Saur a huge electric jolt. Saur lowered its head in pain. It then lifted its head when it was mobile again and gave Red a reassuring look. Red knew that Arlene was close to fainting but he tried to think of another way to get a hit on her. He laughed a bit to himself when he cooked up a plan. Chel put her hands on her hips and squinted. “And what’s so funny?” Red smiled. “Nothing…” “Mhm…” She knew Red had a plan and was ready to find a way to counter it. “Saur use Sludge Bomb.” The pokemon started with its previous attack. Chel was confused but told Arlene to dodge the attacks once more. It wasn’t like Red to repeat a strategy but she knew it was all a part of his plan. After a while, he created pools of sludge around Arlene to make it difficult for her to move about. Arlene landed on the nearest clean spot on the field looking for another place to hop to. Her footing and speed was a very important factor to win this battle. “Arlene, Flamethrower!” Chel said trying to buy herself some time to figure out a way to end this plan. The attack connected with the Venusar but it stood up to the attack. “Saur use Leaf Storm.” Red ordered. Saur’s bulb opened as it tilted it to face Arlene. She looked around to see if there were any other spots for her to move to. There wasn’t anywhere else for her to go to, which left her wide open. Chel knew that this was going to hit Arlene hard so she ordered her to do the best thing possible: “Use Flamethrower, Arlene!” She blasted another fire attack from her mouth as Saur released its Leaf Storm. The attacks clashed in the middle of the field. Some of the leaves from Leaf Storm were destroyed by Arlene’s flames but most of it made it past Arlene’s attack and towards Arlene. Chel reacted as fast as she could. “Quick, Charge!” She called. Arlene generated her electric shield quickly and braced herself for the attack. When it made contact she struggled to stand her ground. Eventually, her Charge Shield was broken by the powerful attack and Arlene was thrown back. She fell right into the sludge and started to slip as she tried to get up. “Now’s our chance; Saur use Frenzy Plant!” Red yelled. Saur summoned gigantic roots once more. Arlene was helplessly attacked by them as they popped up from her feet. “Arlene, no!” Chel cried out. When the last root smacked the Manetric down, she was out.
“Good job, Saur.” Red said as he petted Saur’s head. Chel ran to her pokemon’s side. Arlene’s head was hanging low in shame. “Hey” She started as she pet the Manetric’s head. “You did a good job, missy.” She smiled. “Leave the rest to me and the others okay?” Arlene lifted her head and licked her Trainer’s face. “Okay, okay. Now go over there and sit with Pika. Unless you want to-” Before she could say anything Arlene ran over to the sidelines and sat next to the Pikachu. They then sent small electric currents to one another starting their own little conversation. Chel smiled and looked at her opponent. “As usual Red you’re quite the schemer when it comes to battling.” Red smiled back with confidence. “Thanks. Just saying, Chel, I didn’t think Arlene would last that long.” He said. Chel crossed her arms. “Guess that shows you not to judge a book by its cover. Now how many times have I taught you that?” He laughed. “More than I can count.” She laughed with him. Chel’s teammates sat in the stands uncomfortably wondering what was going on between the two. Green glared at his friends; his patience was wearing thin. “Will you two stop giggling like a bunch of school girls and move on already?!?” He scolded. They both stopped and returned to their serious nature. “Right,” Chel started as she pulled out her next pokemon. “Here we go, Terra!” A large pokemon came out of the pokeball and landed on the field with a loud thud. It had a huge tree growing on the shell on its back which also had spikes on the sides. Its legs were as thick as tree trunks and its red eyes looked ruthless. “Whoa, what pokemon is that?” Red asked. Chel smiled. She knew that he liked what he saw. “This big guy is a Torterra. He’s from the Sinnoh region. The professor there had its pre-evolution, Turtwig, as one of the starters.” She looked at her pokemon. “But in my Sinnoh adventure I didn’t start with him. He’s a gift from a friend.” “Nice.” Red commented. “But I’d think you go for the type advantage.” She smilled. “I want this to be a fair fight.” Red laughed in response. “Well, I doubt your grass starter can beat my grass starter.” Chel smirked. “Let’s see about that, shall we?”

Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:30 pm

This has semi curse words and a character references to something not fordakids.

The two grass types gave each other hostile stares. “Okay” Chel thought. “First things first I need to get rid of these pools of sludge.” “This time I’ll go first!” She demanded. Red shook his head. “Girls are so…“ “Terra use Leaf Storm.” Terra’s tree started to shake. He tilted it toward Saur to get a better shot. “That’s how you wanna do it, fine. Saur you use Leaf Storm too.” Saur readied for its attack. The two pokemon shot out their attacks with so much power at the same time. They collided intensely and caused a huge dust cloud to form on the field. Chel smiled. Things were going just as she wanted. She saw Terra looking back at her as if asking ‘can I do it now?’ She nodded in approval and he gave her a smirk. Terra lifted its front legs high in the air and brought them down with great force. The ground shook beneath everyone’s feet. Red’s eyes widened. “Earthquake…” He mumbled. He saw Saur through the clouds taking the attack hard. Chel noticed that the sludge disappeared thanks to Earthquake. “Now Terra” She yelled. “Get in there and use Crunch!” Terra ran towards the injured Saur and widened its mouth. It then bit one of Saur’s front legs strongly. “Saur use Sludge Bomb!” Red said. Poisonous balls of sludge hit Terra hard enough for him to let go of his opponent. “Now, make space.” Red commanded. Saur pushed Terra back so hard, he was almost knocked on his shell. He knelled one leg to the ground and tried to regain his composure. “This isn’t good.” Chel thought. “I need to finish this and fast!” “C’mon Terra push it!” She called. Terra gathered all his strength and stood back up. “Finish it with Earthquake.” The Torterra stomped on the ground with all his might. The ground shook violently and began to crumble under Saur’s feet. The impact of the attack was hard on the Venusaur. It plopped down and couldn’t get up. “C’mon Saur you can do! Get up!” Red yelled trying to encourage his pokemon. Saur tried to pick itself up but it ended up lying down once more; it had fainted. “Great job Terra!” Chel said as she patted the pokemon’s shell. “Terrra!” It replied with a tone of happiness. She then looked around at her surroundings. “Seems like the Earthquakes didn’t do much damage to the area; that’s good. ”Red walked over to Saur and gave it a pat on its head. “You did a nice job buddy.” He said trying to bring its spirit up. “Saurrrr” It responded. It then went to the sidelines with Pika and Arlene. “Good idea using Earthquake to clear the sludge. And that pokemon of yours is not too shabby.” Red said with a smirk. “Thanks and Saur definitely put up a good fight.” Chel responded. “Thanks…” Red responded. He looked away from her with a slight blush. Green couldn’t help but tease him. “C’mon Red, stop standing there with that dumb look on your face and choose your next pokemon.” Red shot him a look which made Green laugh. “Pfft, what?” He asked. “You’re so annoying…” Red said looking away. “Hey that’s my line.” Green responded. Chel crossed her arms. “Will you two stop flirting so we can continue this battle?” She yelled. The boys gave her suspicious glares. “You know what; I’ll remember that after this battle…” Red threatened giving her a smile that made her spine tingle. Green gave the same look. “Yeah… Me too…” Their looks made Chel look away with a blush. “Me and my big mouth…”
“Alright” Red started as he pulled out his next pokemon. “Try this one out for size, go Char!” He threw out another pokeball containing a fiery orange dragon. Chel frowned at the sight of it. She remembered the past again and felt the tears swelling in her eyes. This happened every time she saw a Charizard; even the sight of its pre-evolutions brought tears to her eyes. Green gave her a concerned look. “Red can you-” He started to ask. “No, this is a part of her test. She needs to get through this.” Red responded seriously. Terra turned his head to look at his Trainer with serious eyes. She knew that he’d be very angry with her if she were to give up. Chel wiped away her tears. “Let’s continue.” She said with determination. Green smiled. “Now that’s the Chel we know and…love.” Green smiled at the last word. “Good to see you act like yourself again!” Red cheered. “Alright Char go!” Char flapped its wings and roared. Flames gathered in its mouth. “Use Fire Blast!” Char shot the flames out with full force. Chel glared at the kanji of fire that was coming near her pokemon. She knew that Terra’s dodging abilities were lackluster so she had to come up with a better plan. “Earthquake!” She commanded. The ground began to shake once more. Red gave a confused look. Char was a fire type but also a flying type which made ground type moves useless against it. His eyes widened when he saw that the attack caused the ground to form a shield of boulders in front of Terra. When Char’s attack hit the boulders, it caused an explosion powerful enough to knock Terra back. His feet dug into the ground to keep him balanced as he went backwards. Chel looked at him with concern. “You okay big guy?” She asked. Terra nodded as it starred down Char with a determined look. Chel smiled. “You want him?” She asked. He nodded again. “Then go get ‘em! Use Stone Edge!” She called. Terra lifted his head and gave out a roar. Char looked around cautiously for the attack. Suddenly, rocks jumped from underneath Char and went upward slamming into its body. “Crap!” Red responded. “Char get out of there!” His pokemon flew up high. Chel did a dramatic point to Char. “The skies aren’t safe from sneaky pebbles, honey!” She yelled out in confidence. As if on cue, Terra summoned more stones to attack the Charizard in the sky. “Dodge!” Red called. Char maneuvered itself; flying over and under each assault. When the attack was about to hit it, Red made another call. “Use Dragon Pulse!” Char’s mouth opened wide and released a bluish wave; it destroyed most of the oncoming stones. The remaining stones hit Char but it regained itself in midair. Red frowned; he knew that Char couldn’t take rock type moves very well even with the intense training it underwent with the rest of the team. He had to finish this fight and fast. “Char, grab on to Terra.” His pokemon did as it was told and grabbed its opponent. Being a former Charizard owner, Chel knew what this new scheme was. “Terra use Stone Edge, quick!” But it was too late; Char had already charged its attack. “Blast Burn.” Red commanded strongly. A fiery explosion engulfed Terra’s body. “Oh, man Terra.” Chel said as Terra plopped down on his stomach and fainted. She ran over to him. “You alright big guy?” She asked. Terra shamefully looked at her and nodded slowly. “Hey, you did your best. Besides, you managed to get Char’s health down a lot! Cheer up, okay?” She touched Terra’s head. He looked up to her and gave her a smile (or what was considered a smile since he had such a ruff face). Char landed on the ground which was nearly destroyed by the last powerful Earthquake. “Good job Char. That was excellent work.” Red said as stroked Char’s head. As Terra moved to the sidelines to sit next to his former opponent, Saur, Chel’s eyes wandered to Green who was getting off the ground. Red followed Chel’s eyes and laughed. “Heh, what happened, Green?” He asked. “All those Earthquakes…” Green mumbled as he stood up. Chel then looked at her teammates who were also on the ground due to the stands being broken. She smiled sheepishly at them. “Sorry…” She said lowly to them. The coach waved as if to say ‘We’re fine!’
“What pokemon is next on your line-up?” Red asked with excitement. Chel smiled at Red’s enthusiasm. She thought it was adorable the way his eyes lit up every time he saw a new pokemon. She did a silent chuckle. “Alright Ty, you’re up!” She said as she threw out her next pokemon. A Typhlosion appeared from the ball. When it locked eyes with Char, it smirked and then gave a huge roar as the flames on its back exploded out of its back like a volcano. “This is Ty.” Chel said presenting him. “He’s a Typhlosion, I got him as a starter in my… Johto adventure.” She looked away after remembering how that journey went. “Oh, you mean that time you cross-dressed to make a new identity for yourself.” Red answered with a smile. Chel rolled her eyes as Green laughed on the sidelines. “You shoulda seen her! She tried to pull that crap on me.” He looked at her with a smirk. “But there are some things a guy’s jacket can’t hide.” Chel couldn’t help but blush at his remark; the fact that Red, Char, and Ty nodded in agreement didn’t help her embarrassment. “I. Hate. You. All” She said as she hid her face. The boys laughed. “We love you too, Chel.” Red said with a beaming smile. Green gave the same look which made Chel lose it even more. “I gotta stay focused!” She thought. “He’s trying to trick me! He’s trying to be all cute to throw off my concentration!” She looked at Green. “And he’s helping him… This must be part of my test.” Chel patted her red face to make herself stop blushing. “Th-that’s enough y-you two.” She managed. “Let’s go, T-ty.”

Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:58 pm

*Sigh* I can't enjoy this Spring Break with all this work for school! One little thing happened that's not for kids.

“Go ahead Ty!” Chel yelled. “Use Flamethrower!” Ty’s back erupted in flames once again as if to power up its attack. Flames then shot out of the pokemon’s mouth at both high speed and power. “Char use Fire Blast.” Red responded. Char created another large, flaming kanji of fire from its mouth. The two attacks collided and caused a heated explosion. Everyone looked away to protect their eyes from the smoke and intense heat. “Ughhh…” Chel said as she tried to peek at the two pokemon on the battlefield. She caught Ty sticking his chest out to show that the explosion didn’t bother him. Meanwhile, she noticed that Char was covering itself up for protection. “Now’s our chance!” She thought. “Ty use Thunderpunch.” She said. Ty clenched its right paw into a fist as sparks jumped around it. He then bounded in the air and punched Char hard in the face. Char staggered. “Use Dragon Pulse.” Red called. Char opened its mouth for another bluish wave to come out. The attack made contact with Ty as he stood his ground and protected his head. Ty was starting to get pushed back by the attack which made Chel worried. “Ty, Eruption!” She called. Ty’s body became engulfed in flames as he roared loudly. The heat he created began to build around him more and more. Eventually, a shell of heat was created around his body that protected him from the blast. When Char could no longer attack, Ty began to roar even louder. “Go ahead buddy, let it go!” Chel commanded. Ty obeyed with a smile on his face and released the wall of heat. His body erupted like a volcano as it released the heat which was hot as molten lava. The damage the attack did on Char was outstanding. Char was barely holding on and was on its last leg. Red knew that he was out of options. Char looked back to him and gave him a sad look. “We can’t give up!” Red said trying to encourage his pokemon. “Char go all out; use Blast Burn!” Char charged its attack once more. “Ty counter with Eruption again!” Chel yelled. Ty let out a loud roar once more. When both parties finished charging, they fired their attacks at one another. The attacks collided causing more heat and dust to kick up. Chel heard their audience whimper as they tried to endure the aftermath. She looked for Ty when the dust began to clear but couldn’t find him. “Ty?” She called. Red and Char looked around as well for the volcanic pokemon. “Where’d that overgrown, flaming hedgehog go now?” She thought. All of a sudden, Ty popped out of a small cloud of dust with his fist clutched. “Whaaaa???” Everyone cried as he jumped over Char. Ty looked back at Chel to make sure she was watching. He then gave a lightning fast Thunderpunch to Char right in its face. Red had little to no time to respond to Ty’s actions since he was still in shock about his little surprise. He snapped back into reality when he realized that Char was knocked out. “Wha-what?” He said lowly. “Oh man...” Char looked at Red sadly. “You did your best and that’s all that matters.” He said encouraging it. Char gave a low remark and went to the sidelines with its teammates. Ty landed in front of his Trainer and gave her thumbs up and a wink. Chel returned with her own finger gesture and crossed her arms. “What happened? I thought we agreed that you wouldn’t do things like that!” She said scolding him. Ty patted her on the back as if to say ‘I got this.’ Chel frowned. “Do it again and you’re out!” His expression changed to a pouty look. “Okay, okay. I get it but YOU have to get it.” He nodded and made his back explode in flames. “Good boy.” Chel said as she patted his head. Red smiled. “Ty seems to be quite energetic.” He commented. “And annoying.” She added. “No, he seems cool like his Trainer.” Chel smiled at that comment. “Hehe, thanks.” She said as she slightly blushed. Green gave Chel a smile at her bashfulness which made her blush even more. Ty didn’t like the fact that Red and Green were making his Trainer blush so he gave them glares, which neither paid any attention to. Red then drew out his next pokemon. “Go Raph!” A large, blue tortoise like pokemon with a huge shell on its back popped out. On the sides of its shell, it had large cannons. Chel gulped when she saw the pokemon. When it noticed her, it gave her a shy wave. She snapped out of her trance and gave a little wave back. Chel found the Blastoise as a Squirtle when the Officer Jenny of Vermillion City asked her to take care of it for her. She decided to name it after one of her favorite cartoon characters, Raph. Chel, who had a full team already, couldn’t keep the pokemon like she wanted so she gave it to Red. She began to get nervous; although she knew it wasn’t Green or Blastoise’s fault, she was still skeptic about seeing Blastoises just as she was about Green. “C’mon Chel, that was the past! Get over it!” She thought trying to give herself a pep talk. Ty gave Raph a sharp look. He wanted to show his Trainer that being at a type disadvantage meant nothing to him. “Let’s go Ty; I know you can do this.” Ty turned and gave her another thumbs-up with his usual smirk.
Deep inside, Chel was worried for her pokemon; he was at a type disadvantage and didn’t have solid defense and special defense like Terra so they had to be careful. “Let’s start strong, Raph use Water Spout.” Red commanded. The cannons on Raph’s back began point upwards. “Ty try to counter it with Eruption!” Ty’s body began to shake again; he roared as loud as a volcanic eruption. At the same time, Raph’s cannons unleashed a tidal wave sized blast of water into the air; it then came down hard, causing the ground to shake with each crashing drop. Chel’s heart began to beat faster and faster. “C’mon Ty, you can stick this out.” She thought. Ty’s body erupted into flames again and created another shell of heat. The water drops crashed into it causing steam to form. Ty then released the heat he held within. The molten heat and the pounding water droplets collided and created even more steam. Chel smiled at Ty. “Good job! Now’s our chance.” She whispered so only he could hear. Ty looked back at her holding his right arm in pain. Her eyes widened. “Shoot he’s hit! And it looks like Water Spout did a lot of damage to him so Eruption won’t be useful anymore. We need to be more careful.” Chel thought. Ty gave her a look of determination; this was their chance to get a clear hit. She gave him a nod of approval. Ty ran into the steam towards Raph who was looking for him; at least that’s what they thought when it turned around and grabbed Ty in mid-attack. The steam cleared and revealed Red’s intense glare. “Again with the distractions, Chel? I thought you’d know better than to play the same trick on me twice.” The steam cleared more for Chel to understand what Red meant. She gasped when she saw Ty in Raph’s claws. “As the saying goes fool me once shame on you; fool me twice shame on me.” Chel clutched her fist. She needed a new strategy and fast. “Thunderpunch.” She said. Ty tried to make his move but Raph stopped the attack with its other claw. Ty winced in pain. “Ty!” Chel called out. “You’d better do something, Chel.” Red demanded with seriousness in his eyes. Chel became frustrated. “Flamethrower!” She yelled. Ty lifted his head and let out a powerful burst of flames right into Raph’s face. Raph had a confused look when the attack was over but then began to panic when it noticed its face had been torched. It let go of Ty and rubbed its face as it gave out a whimper. “Poor, Raph. But we cannot show mercy!” Chel thought. “Ty, do it!” She commanded. Ty attacked with a successful Thunderpunch. “Perfect, again!” Ty took a boxer’s pose and dished out left and right hooks of Thunderpunch to the stumbling Blastoise. “Raph!” Red called. Raph snapped out of its daze and tried to recover but Ty was too fast for it. All of a sudden, Raph stopped moving, its eyes were wide as it tried to move its body with no luck. It had been paralyzed and now was their chance to finish it off. “Yes, good Ty!” Chel cheered. Ty pulled his fist back to deal the final blow when Red’s voice cut through the air. “Hydro Cannon!” Raph regained its composure and quickly pointed its cannons at Ty. “Shoot! Ty get out of there!” Chel called but the attack was already fired. Ty tried to jump back as far as he could but the attack was catching up to him quickly “No!” She yelled. “We won’t give in! Ty, Shadow Claw!” Ty growled as a dark aura surrounded its claws and arms forming, what looked to be, large translucent claws. He then ran to face the huge blast of water head on, his front claws tearing up the ground. When he was closer to the blast, he lifted his claws in front of his body to stop the attack. Chel noticed that Ty was struggling and gritted her teeth. “C’mon Ty” She cheered. “You can do this; I know you can!” Ty’s ears perked up after hearing his Trainer say such encouraging words. He roared and began to push toward the source of the attack. He lost his balance once or twice but he still pushed through the pounding blast of water. As Ty drew closer to Raph, Red tried to think of a plan to get him away from his pokemon. Red’s expression changed when he noticed that Ty was struggling with his right arm. “Raph, that’s enough!” He called. Raph stopped its attack and gave a confused look to its Trainer; Ty did the same. “What’s the matter, Red, losing your nerve?” Chel asked with a smirk on her face. “That’s what you think, Raph use Water Spout!” Raph pointed its cannons up again and fired another blast of water upward. Chel’s mouth dropped when she saw the attack. “How the heck can Raph still move?” She asked. Her eyes widened when she saw that it was struggling to use the attack. “Raph’s really pushing it…” She thought. Chel then blinked. “Red,” She started. “You do know that Water Spout has little to no power now that Raph has taken serious damage right. “……” Red gave her a blank look which made her shiver. “I hate that look…” She thought. “But I know that’s his poker face; which means we need to stay on our toes!” Ty looked back at her and nodded as if reading her mind. He summoned the dark aura that surrounded his arms and claws before. Chel did another dramatic point. “Shadow Claw!” She cried. Ty jumped up with all of his strength and slashed at the large droplets. Like Chel predicted, they weren’t as powerful as before. When Ty slashed the last droplet, Chel saw Red smile. “And why are you smiling?” She asked as she put her hands on her hips. “I’m just happy to be here… That’s all…” Chel squinted her eyes at him and ignored his claim. “Ty use, wha…” When Chel fixed her eyes on where Raph was standing, she was surprised to see it was gone. “Where did it…” She looked around frantically. “GO!” She heard Red shout. Chel looked up in shock. Raph was using its cannons to shoot out gallons of water to boost it up to where Ty was. “Skull Bash!” Red commanded. The Blastoise pushed out enough water to catch air over Ty; its head rocketing toward him. “Counter with Thunderpunch!” Chel called. Ty’s fist began to spark as he pulled it back for the punch. When his fist came in contact with Raph’s Skull Bash, Chel saw Ty wince in pain. She remembered that his arm was hurting but this was too much for him. “Ty…” She whispered. Raph pushed Ty’s attack back and knocked him down with its own attack. The two crashed with a loud boom as dust clouds formed around them. When the dust cleared, Chel’s heart nearly broke when she saw that Ty was still trying to stand gasping for air. Raph stood in front of him also breathing hard. After a short stare down, Ty closed his eyes and fainted. Raph gave Red a sheepish smile as he patted it on the shell. “Great job, Raph, you didn’t even need me to give you an order for that attack.” Chel crouched next to Ty and began to pet his head. “You did great…” She said with a smile. He looked at her with a disappointed look. “Hey, that is NOT my Ty!” She began to scratch under his chin. He purred in delight. “Where’s my Ty?” She asked. Ty’s flames grew as he roared playfully. “There he is!” Chel responded as she hugged his neck; he blushed and hugged her back. Red smiled at the scene. “Hey, but is your arm ok?” He nodded and flexed it. Ty then went to the sidelines as Chel stood up. “It’s nice to see you can still make that creepy poker face…” She commented with a shutter. Red laughed. “Thanks but flattery will get you nowhere.”

Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:00 pm

Semi-curse warning
“Okay.” Chel thought trying to calm her nerves. “Half his team is down… but so is half mine… So far this has been a tennis match. I defeat one of his pokemon, he defeats one of mine. This just keeps going on and on. Lucky for me, my next pokemon is quite a powerhouse.” She threw out her next pokeball. “C’mon, Skipper!” Another large, blue pokemon appeared on the field with large fins on its body and massive arms. “A Swampert.” Green said as he gazed at the pokemon. “Yet another Hoenn pokemon.” Red looked at Skipper with wonder. “Wow, another Hoenn pokemon…” He said. “Maybe I should have gone on another journey like you…” Chel sighed. “You know Red, my best friend and I are going to Hoenn over winter break... would you like to-““YES!” He yelled as he grabbed her shoulders. Everyone was shocked by Red’s sudden outburst. “Um… Red how’d you get over here so quickly?” Chel asked nervously. She had a slight blush when she realized how close he was to her face. He blinked. “I have no clue,” He said in his usual low voice. “I guess I got excited.” He gave a sheepish laugh as he looked to see Green glaring at him. “You gonna back away from her face?” Red tilted his head and turned back to Chel. His face turned red when he saw how close he was. She gave him a blank stare. “Well?” She asked. He slowly let go of her and smiled. “Sorry…” He apologized. She blushed and looked down. “Um… it’s okay.”
Once Red took his place again, Chel and Skipper looked at each other. She breathed in planning her next move. “Well, Skips” She whispered so only he could hear. “We need hard hits. Can you do it?” He nodded and glared at his opponent. “Raph only has a small sliver of health left. One attack should do it.” Chel thought as she observed the Blastoise. “Alright, Skipper; Brick Break!” She commanded. The Swampert clutched its massive fist as it began to glow. It hopped in the air over Raph, arm raised high. Raph tried to attack but seemed too tired to do so. Even Red knew that it wouldn’t last long against its new opponent. He lowered his head so his hat covered his face. “I’m so sorry Raph. This’ll hurt me more than it hurts you.” Chel thought. Before Skipper struck the Blastoise down, she closed her eyes. It would’ve hurt for her to see Raph get struck down like that. When Chel opened her eyes, Raph was down. Red patted it on the shell and gave it encouraging words as he helped it back up. The pokemon then began to walk towards its other fallen teammates but then stopped to give Chel an encouraging look. “Right, I understand.” She whispered. Raph gave one last smile and left the field with new hope for its old friend.
Red sighed and looked at the sky as he pulled out his next pokemon. He frowned when he noticed it was getting dark. “It’s getting late. We better try and wrap this up quickly. Don’t want you catching a cold.” He said. “But then again, you should probably get used to this weather ‘cause Mt. Silver surely is no beach.” Chel gritted her teeth. “That’s what you think!” She shouted back. Red smiled when he saw the fire in her eyes. He knew he was getting through to her. She just needed one more push to bring her fire back completely and Red knew just the thing. He knew the kind of pokemon she couldn’t stand: stallers and tanks. Lucky for her Red’s last two pokemon came from one of the categories, tank. “Go, Lax!” He said as he threw the pokeball. Upon hearing the name, Chel’s eye twitched. The large pokemon plopped onto the field with a tough look on its face. “Well this is just grand…” Chel thought. “He just had to send out the tank. A friggin’ Snorlax!” Chel threw her face into her hands as she shook her head. Skipper then patted her on the shoulder to reassure her. “Thanks, Skips.” She said with a sigh. “Now go get ‘em! Brick Break!” “Lax, Blizzard.” The large pokemon opened its mouth and released a freezing blizzard. As Skipper attacked, the Blizzard hit his arm and soon engulfed his body. “Shoot! Keep going!” She shouted. Skipper did as his master commanded and continued to attack but when he pulled his arm back, he began to slow down. “What’s going on?” A spectator asked. “Oh no, he’s freezing!” Chel said as she clenched her fist. Half of Skipper’s body was frozen, including his feet, so he was a sitting Ducklett. “Now Lax use Shadow Ball!” Red commanded. The Snorlax opened its mouth again to let out a shadowy blob. Skipper, who was anchored down by the ice, was hit. “Again.” Red called. Lax continued to send an onslaught of Shadow Balls Skipper’s way. “Skipper use Brick Break with your free arm on the ice.” Skipper slammed the ice with his attack, which only took one hit thanks to his massive Popeye the Sailor Man arm. As soon as he was free, the Swampert ran on all fours dodging all of the attacks. Lax then ceased fire and breathed heavily trying to catch its breath. Taking this chance, Skipper made his way toward the larger pokemon as it prepped its arms for an attack. “Go for it!” His Trainer yelled. As she said that, Red and Green locked eyes with each other. They exchanged smiles as Green mouthed, ‘She’s baaack.’ Red nodded in agreement. His heart began to race when he saw the fire in his old friend’s eyes spark back to life. While Red was spacing out, his pokemon was battling hard against Chel’s. When Lax seemed to be on his last leg, Chel tiled her head in curiosity. ‘Why is Red just standing there? Is he alright?’ She wondered. Skipper roared her back to reality causing her to jump a little. “Sorry… finish things up with Aqua Tail.” The pokemon’s tail fin was surrounded by water. He then leaped in the air and threw his body around so his tail could connect with the target. Lax stood there, too tired to move after being hit with multiple super effective attacks. It tried to fight back on its own but without its master’s direction, it could only do so much. When the attack connected, a tidal wave of water came crashing down on Lax, causing it to collapse in exhaustion. When it landed on the ground, it shook the ground around it and snapped Red out of his strange trance. “Huh? Oh, Lax. She beat you too?” He asked nonchalantly. Chel face palmed. “Red, what just happened?” She asked “Why’d you fade out like that, are you okay?” She looked very concerned. Red tugged his cap to cover his blushing face. “She’s worried about me.” He mumbled. “What was that?” She asked. “Nothing!” The boy responded nearly jumping out of his skin. Chel raised an eyebrow. “You do know that you have one pokemon left, right?” She asked. “Y-yeah. Sorry about that Lax.” The Snorlax gave its usual easygoing smile and walked to the sidelines with its teammates.

Chel was breathing hard. Her heart was beating faster and faster with each passing second. ‘This feeling’ She thought. ‘It’s just like back then.’ The adrenalin was pumping through her veins. Her mind was focused on the battle. She felt like she could jump in at any moment and fight as well. Chel placed her hands on her heart and smiled. Red smiled upon seeing her do so. “Can you feel it?” He asked. “Can you feel the fire you once had beginning to rekindle?” Chel’s eyes began to swell with tears. “Yes” She said confidently. “Yes I do!” “Then take that fire and make it burn bright! Brighter than it did before!” Chel’s heart skipped a beat. She never heard Red speak so passionately unless he talked about something he really cared for, like the bond he has with his pokemon. “Red…” She said lowly. “Just because I’m down to my final pokemon doesn’t mean this is over so don’t you dare let up for a second!” He yelled. Chel clenched her heart. ‘I get it now.’ She thought as she closed her eyes. ‘Red came all this way to bring my love for battling back .He meant no harm really.‘ She turned to Green and smiled at him. ‘Although he didn’t even know I was here, Green supported me and he too wants me help me.’ She looked at her pokemon. ‘And then there were all the Professors who had invited me to their region and gave me a starter pokemon, Professor Oak especially. He had wanted the best for me and I just pushed him away with everyone else. I shouldn’t have let one incident get down. Lloyd is still alive and I know he’ll wake up one day! So until then…’ Chel smiled. “BRING IT!” She yelled. Her teammates were shocked by her sudden outburst. The coach was mostly surprised, the girl barley spoke at practice and when she did she would be very silent. Red blinked and gave her a smile. “That’s what I want!” He yelled back. Green shook his head. “Are you two gonna continue scaring everyone with your sudden loud outbursts or are you gonna finish the match?” He then looked at the sky and frowned when he noticed large clouds rolling in. Skipper gave a worried look to his Trainer. When she put two and two together, she gasped. “Is there a storm coming Skipper?” She asked. He nodded. “How long do we have?” The Swampert hit the ground one time. “One hour. Alright.” She responded. “Let’s do this quickly.” Red said. “Go all out with your attacks.” He looked up at the darkening sky. “This storm looks like it’s going to be bad so we need to hurry.” He then turned to Green. “Hey, get them out of here I don’t want anyone to get hurt.” “What are you worried about? The storm is one hour away. We have enough time.” Green responded. Chel looked at him. “But Green, I don’t want anyone to get hurt. Besides since we’re going all out now, it won’t be pretty.” The brown haired boy sighed. “Fine, but I’m coming back.” As he sent out his Alakazam, everyone began to complain. “Nooo, we wanna watch!” The coach then brought everyone to attention with a loud. “YOOO!” The complaints stopped. “This is a matter of safety. And ya’ll know I don’t mess around on that! So let’s get going!” He yelled. He walked over to Chel and gave her a serious look. “I don’t know as much about you as I thought but it’s obvious you can fend for yourself.” He then held out his fist. “Good luck.” She smiled and bumped fists with him. “Thank you, sir.” When everyone stood around Green and his pokemon, Alakazam’s eyes began to glow. It used its Psychic powers to send everyone into the school except the two Trainers.
Chel let out a sigh once they were gone. “I know I’m not gonna hear the end of this when we’re done.” She said. “What do you mean?” Red asked as he took out his last pokeball. “You forget about the world we live in. If you have what people want, be it items or qualities, then they’ll notice you and try to be ‘friends’ with you. But if you don’t have what they want, they’ll toss you aside and think you’re just a nobody.” The girl said folding her arms. She had a stern look on her face. Red knew what she was talking about. Once he became Pokemon Master, people he didn’t know began to talk to him, tried to use him. After Chel left, he decided to go to the one place no one could be, Mt. Silver. There he was alone with his pokemon to train but he couldn’t help but miss his friends. “Red …” Chel said giving him a sad look. “I don’t want to be noticed. That’s why I did the things I did. That’s why I carried around unevolved pokemon. That’s why I haven’t talked to you or Green in so long! I didn’t want those bad memories to make my image.” As she confessed, tears ran down her face. “I know it doesn’t mean much to any of you but… I’m so sorry!” Upon hearing those words, Red threw out his final pokemon. Chel looked up as she saw Red’s last pokemon. It had a very calming look on its face and gave off an aura of that nature. It was a Lapras. The pokemon’s Trainer gave the girl a smile. “It’s okay, I forgive you, now let’s finish this.” When she wiped her tears away, Chel gave Skipper a serious look. “Let’s go!”

Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:04 pm

Kind of mature things going on. PG?

Poor Chel; she was close to hyperventilating as she watched her final pokemon, Midnight, fight against Red’s Lapras, Larry. Why was the Lapras named Larry? Well, when Red asked her what he should name it, ten-year-old Chel yelled, “LARRY!” When asked why she poked it and said, “He looks like a Larry.” Meanwhile, the storm had made its way right on top of them and caused the wind to blow wildly and thunder to sound around them, which Chel was not very happy about. Her other two pokemon were taken down so quickly by Larry. Skipper was taken down by its Psychic since his body was still worn out from fighting through the Blizzard and breaking free from being frozen. Then there was her Lucario, Anubis. She thought he’d take his opponent down with ease as usual but it turns out, he was still injured from his fight against Iris’ Hydreigon. As soon as she noticed him cringing, she stopped the match and made him get out. “What is your problem?” She asked as she helped him to the sidelines. “I thought I told you not to lie to me about injuries.” “M-miss, I’m sorry but I didn’t want my vision to become a reality.” The Lucario’s eyes began to water. “I don’t want you to be taken away.” The girl sighed and gave him a hug. “Don’t worry, I will be right here.” Chel looked at the sidelines to see all of her pokemon cheering their teammate on. She took a deep breath and smiled. “Midnight, keep it up.” She said trying to encourage her Umbreon. He dodged his opponent’s attacks and returned fire with his own. Red smiled as he watched his friend get into the battle. “My work here is done.” He mumbled. “Alright Larry, use Hydro Pump!” The Lapras opened its mouth and blasted Midnight with a huge force of water. The power was so great that he was starting to be pushed back slowly. “Midnight, you know what to do.” The Umbreon looked back to his Trainer and nodded. He planted his feet and began to take in the attack. Red’s eyes widen. “Wha-?” “Psychic!” Chel called. Midnight pushed through the attack using its psychic power and ran to the source of the attack. “Body Slam!” Red called. The Lapras leaped in the air and slammed all its weight on Midnight. “Foul Play!” Chel yelled. The Umbreon held Larry up with all his strength using his back. He then threw the pokemon up in the air as much as he could and smacked it to the ground. Larry then landed with a loud thud. It tried the best it could to get back up but couldn’t find the strength to. After letting out a weak cry, it fainted. The field was silent except for the wind that was beginning to blow wildly and the athletes from the other teams hurrying inside. The two Trainers stood there in awe. Red broke the silence as he returned all of his pokemon to their pokeballs, except Pika, who also had a surprised expression. He turned his back to the girl as his partner ran to his side and on his shoulder. “Congratulations Chel, you beat me. A deal’s a deal. I’ll let you go; I’ll leave you alone.” He said returning to his usual low voice but it seemed to have a bit of disappointment in it. Chel fell to her knees and let out a sigh of relief. Midnight ran to her wagging his tail, he was limping a little bit due to taking the last attack. “H-how was that Chel?” He asked using his Psychic abilities. “G-good! Really, really good. You did a great job!” The girl said as her pokemon hopped into her arms. She cried as she stroked Midnight’s head. The rest of Chel’s team ran to her with smiles on their faces. As the team celebrated, Chel noticed Red beginning to walk away when she stopped him. “Red!” She called. The boy turned and faced her. She stood up and gave him a smile. “Thanks… you know… for believing in me…” He gave her a smile of his own. “No problem… but if it happens again there won’t be a battle, I’m taking you with me to Mt. Silver, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.” He said as he wagged his finger. She giggled. “I won’t, I promise.” “Good.” Red gave a low chuckle. They all stood out there in silence when a powerful gust of wind nearly knocked them over. “Oh yeah the storm! Let’s go hom-“ Chel frowned when she looked at her team and noticed that they all lacked of the ability to fly, meaning she’d either have to run home or try and find a way back in the school, which would be nearly impossible to do at the hour they were in.
Chel jumped when she felt a hand on her shoulder. When she turned to see who it was, she was shocked to see that Red was pulling her towards his Charizard. “I’ll take you home.” He said. Char puffed. “We’ll take you home.” She smiled accepting the ride gladly and sat on the fire-type’s back. Red sat in front and turned to her. “Hold on.” He said smiling. “Oh please, I’ve ridden on a Charizard before, I can handle thiiiiiiissssssss!” Char suddenly took off. Red and Pika laughed hysterically as Char flew easily going through heavy gusts of wind. “Hey Chel, remember when we used to race?” Red asked. He felt a grip tighten around his waist. When he didn’t hear a response, he looked back. His eyes widened when he saw that his friend had dug her face in back. Red and Pika locked eyes and nodded. Pika hopped on Chel’s shoulder and poked her until she looked up. When she did, her breath was taken away by the beautiful scenery. She saw that they had flown over the storm clouds. Although there were a few cracks of lightning seen beneath them, things seemed to be calm. Chel snapped back in reality when she noticed Red pointing at the moon. It looked huge to the two Trainers as they flew through the night giving off a pale light above the storm clouds. Chel gasped when she noticed that the stars were actually in sight giving off small lights of their own. “This is beautiful.” Chel mumbled. Red turned and gave her a smirk. “It sure is.” Pika began to nudge the girl in the arm and gave her sly smile. Chel glared at him but gave up and dug her face in Red’s back. She didn’t notice the boy slightly jump when she did so.
“This is it, land here.” Chel said pointing to her grandmother’s house. The two had already descended from the clouds when they neared their destination. It was hard to focus on finding the house and holding on for dear life on the back of a Charizard due to the heavy winds and rain beating down on them, while occasionally having to keep Pika from turning into an Emolga. Once they landed and Red returned Char to its pokeball, Chel realized that her grandpa’s car wasn’t there, which made her worried. She used her key, opened the door, and then rushed in with her friend and his partner following close behind her. She slammed the door shut and sighed in relief. “Man it’s getting bad out there.” She mumbled as she walked towards the kitchen. “Grandma?” She called but there was no response. “Hey, I found this note on your refrigerator.” Red said as he walked up to her holding a note. Chel turned a light on and read it. “Chel, we’ve gone to your grandpa’s basketball game. If we are not home by the time the storm arrives, then we are stuck at the school and won’t be home until tomorrow. Dinner’s in the microwave. Also, please try to get up on time for school.” –Love Grandma. Chel smiled. That’s one less thing she has to worry about but she did have to worry about her grandparents being stuck at a school for the night. She jumped when she felt Red touch her shoulder. When she looked at him, she noticed that he was soaked by the rain. She then noticed that she was just as soaked as he was and laughed. “I guess we should get out our clothes before we catch a cold.” She said as she was walking upstairs. Red’s eyes widened when he heard her words and began to blush. Chel turned around with a smile on her face. “You coming?” She asked. The boy nodded and followed her upstairs to her room. “Ok, so here’s the deal, my grandparents may not be here tonight but they may show up early in the morning.” She turned her back to Red so he couldn’t see her blushing face. “S-so you don’t get caught by them, y-you should probably sleep… in here.” Red flinched when she said the last words. Pika gave him a huge smile and a thumbs up, or what could be assumed to be its thumb. Ignoring his partner, he smiled at his friend and nodded his head. “I’m fine with that.” He said trying to keep his excitement under control. Chel blushed even more as she turned her back to him. She then went through her dresser and pulled out some pajamas. The room was silent as she handed Red a pair with the strong winds blowing outside and heavy rain pounding the windows. “Y-you can s-shower first.” She said still trying to conceal her face from the boy. “You can go first.” He replied noticing how flustered his friend was getting. Chel’s face became a deeper shade of red. “O-okay” She squeaked. “The remote’s over there if you want to watch TV. Just don’t sit on the bed.” She left the room before Red could respond. He chuckled when an idea popped in his head as to how to mess with Chel some more. Pika tilted his head in wonder. His Trainer then whispered his plan in his.
As Chel walked out of the bathroom, after finishing her shower and getting dressed, she put her glasses back on and looked at her PokeGear to see that she had a message from Green. “Hey, has Red kidnapped you?” He asked. Chel smiled and replied to the message. “No, I beat and kidnapped him. Don’t tell Officer Jenny.” Green messaged her back. “Haha. Don’t worry I won’t. I’m happy to know you get to stay.” She smiled again and messaged him back. “Thanks I’m happy to stay too. Btw, Red is staying here.” A quick response. “Really... Send your address. I’m coming over too.” Chel blushed. “NO! I already have to worry about the neighbor’s speculation of me bringing in one boy to spend the night; I don’t need more of that! Besides the storm is right on top of us, I don’t want you to get hurt!” Green sent a response. “*Sigh Fine, I won’t come over. But you two better behave yourselves.” Chel gave a sigh of relief as she began to walk to her room. “Thanks Green. And I promise we’ll behave ourselves. Good night.” When she sent the last message, she looked up to see Red walking towards her as he took off his shirt. “Wh-wha?” Chel’s face became heated. Red smiled at her as he gave her his shirt which deepened the red color on her face. “Here you go; shower’s this way right?” He asked as he walked in the direction she came from. Chel couldn’t speak since she had a problem picking up her jaw off the floor. Red looked back at her and smiled. She quickly closed her mouth and nodded. Her gaze shifted from his face to his body but snapped back to his face when she heard him chuckle. “Something wrong?” He asked. Chel’s face started to burn up again. “No!” She said surprisingly loud. Red shrugged and walked away with a feeling of accomplishment.

Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:22 pm

There's a close curse word and a few references to non-kiddy stuff.

When Red was gone, Chel sighed as she walked to her bed. She looked at the dresser and smiled, she and Red’s pokeballs were placed there so their pokemon could rest. Chel kissed each of them and gave a warm smile. “Good job you guys. You deserve the rest.” She then turned and sat on the bed to check her messages on her laptop. As she placed her laptop in front of her, Pika hopped into her lap. She smiled at the electric mouse and scratched his head. She then opened her laptop to see she had a few requests to video chat with some people she knew. “Oh boy...” She mumbled. As she scanned to see who she’d talk to, she noticed a gym leader’s name that made her smile. Chel patted Pika’s head. “Pika, I think this guy will like you.” She said as she clicked on the leader’s name. As soon as the video chat loaded, loud, arguing voices were heard off screen. “GET OFF OF ME MAN!” One voice yelled it wasn’t very loud but Chel could tell who it was. “HAHA NOT UNLESS YOU TELL ME WHY YOU’RE CALLING HER! ~” The other replied. That voice was very loud and obnoxious making the girl cringe. Pika tilted his head. “Pika?” Chel sighed and shook her head. After listening to them curse each other out and fight, she lost her patience. She covered Pika’s ears and took in a deep breath. “OI YOU TWO QUIT MAKING OUT WITH EACH OTHER AND GET OVER HERE!” She shouted. The noise in the background stopped and turned into the sound of fast moving footsteps. Suddenly, two men ran into the sight of the camera and greeted her. “HEY!” They yelled out of breath. Chel raised an eyebrow and smirked. “Hey guys, were you in the middle of something?” She asked holding back a snicker. The louder one, Flint, glared at her; his red afro made it hard for her to take him seriously. “Shut your mouth, brat, or I’ll burn ya!” He yelled. The girl giggled at his remark. “I guess I was right!” She said. Chel noticed that the quieter one with blond hair, Volkner, was looking at Pika with an intrigued look. “Whose Pikachu is that, it looks very strong?” He asked. “I’m doing just fine. How are you Mr. Fourth Hokage, sir?” He raised an eyebrow. “You gonna answer my question?” Chel sighed and looked down at the Pika. “This is Red’s Pikachu, Pika.” Upon hearing Red’s name, Volkner’s eyes became intense while Flint, gave Chel a big smirk. “Ohohoho…You flirty Flareon you. ~” He said giving her a wink. She shuttered. “Okay, first off, don’t you ever do that again because that was creepy. And second, what do you mean?” Chel said crossing her arms. “He’s staying over with you tonight isn’t he?” Flint asked his smile growing bigger. Chel blushed and looked away. “OHHHH SNAP! Volkner, it’s time you had ‘the talk’ with her, dude.” Volkner gave his friend a deadly glare. “Shut up and go.” He said in his usual low voice. Flint’s face turned serious and honored his friend’s rudely put request. When he was gone, the two were silent staring each other down. Chel knew he was not happy with her and prepared herself for a lecture.
Volkner crossed his arms and let out a sigh as he leaned back in his chair. “You know what I’m gonna say, right?” He asked. Chel shifted uncomfortably with Pika still in her lap. “Yeah…” She replied in a low voice. The blond leaned in close to the camera to make her look into his eyes. “Then why is he there?” Chel gulped and scratched her head. “We were caught in this storm and now it’s right on top of us so he can’t leave.” She replied. “Did your grandparents say it was ok?” She didn’t respond. “Answer me.” “Okay… no.” She admitted. “But they won’t be here until the next morning so they won’t know!” Volkner glared at the girl. “Look, you asked me to be your big brother after I lost to you in battle.” Chel shrugged. “Yeah because we were both going through tough times. We both lost our love for battling so I thought we could support each other.” “Yes so as your big brother, I have to make sure nothing happens to you.” Chel was becoming frustrated with the man. “Volkner, why do you care? I mean usually you’re calm about the things I do but now…” She was trying to keep her anger down. “I care because you’re a teenage girl and he’s a teenage boy! I know what could happen; trust me I’m a guy.” The girl glared at him. “Oh so you think I’m gonna be like those ditsy girls that come to your gym and try to beat you for a date or somethin’?” She asked her rage was slowly growing. The gym leader raised an eyebrow. “To be honest, I thought you were one of them... kinda looked forward to that date...” He mumbled. “Volkner, that’s gross. I was like 15, then.” She responded. “Man, kids these days look more like adults than me.” “Dude, did you seriously think I was-“ “ANYWAYS, you became my little sis after that, which I wasn’t expecting, meaning that you’re unpredictable, meaning that unpredictable, teenage you plus a testosterone charged teenage boy who is spending the night equals BIGGEST MISTAKE OF YOUR LIFE!” He growled. Chel’s anger was beginning to boil over. She put Pika on the other side of the bed. Volkner breathed in as he watched Chel move back into place her glasses gave off an ominous glare. He knew the girl was getting ready to tell him off but hopefully she’d do so calmly. Chel sighed. “Look brother.” She said in a harsh tone. “I have gone through five different regions and I currently am going through school, I’ve met and battled many different people, and still managed to not have a boyfriend nor done anything all this time.” She said trying to keep her voice from rising in aggression. “So how dare you point your finger at me telling me what I’m gonna do with Red tonight!” Although Chel’s voice was low but she talked fast. Volkner rubbed his head. “Look I’m sorry okay. I… just wanna protect you, that’s all.” The girl gave a frustrated huff. She then noticed Red walking in the room with the pajama bottoms she gave him on but not the shirt. He gave her a sly look as he walked by the bed. Chel tried not to stare but she couldn’t help it. She didn’t even notice Volkner talking. “Uhhh, sis?” He asked. “Uhhhhh…” She snapped back into reality and looked back at the computer screen to see the blond glaring at her his arms folded. “He’s in your room now isn’t he? He asked giving Chel a stern look. Before she could even respond, Red sat next to her on the bed. He moved closer to her so he could be within the line of sight of the camera. He gave a smile and waved to the man before his friend quickly shoved him away. When Chel looked back at the screen, Volkner’s eyes were filled with anger. He gritted his teeth. “You were saying?” He asked giving her an angry look. Chel knew the blond was done talking to her. She sighed and he did too. “Bye sis, I hope you… have a good night.” He said glancing at Red. “Goodnight big brother, tell Flint I said bye too.” She responded sadly.
As Chel turned off the video chat and shut her laptop, Red gave her a concerned look. He put a hand on her shoulder and tilted his head. “What’s wrong and… was that really your big brother?” He asked. Chel sighed as she lay back on the bed, Red did the same. The room was quiet minus the storm outside and the TV giving news reports about said storm. After laying there for a few minutes, Chel finally answered. “The man I was talking to was Volkner, leader of the Sunyshore City gym in the Sinnoh region.” She turned to face Red. “I call him big brother because of a bet we made before we did our gym battle. I felt like he understood me because he was also having trouble enjoying battling too but after we were done, he was so happy. He told me that I reawakened his love for battling.” She smiled at Red. “I don’t know how I did but I did it. But then things got all awkward. He said that he could dig dating a girl who could hold her own in battle.” She watched her friend’s expression change to a frown. “Yeah, I thought that too. I turned him down but I did ask him to be my big brother, which he was happy about too. I thought it would be cool having someone like Volkner watch my back.” Her smile faded. “But then he had to act like a huge jerk today.” Red raised an eyebrow. “What happened?” A sigh came passed the girl’s lips. “He figured out that you were staying here and got all bent out of shape. He thinks that you and I are going to… you know tonight.” She said as a blush came across her face, Red’s face did the same. “I-I’m so sorry for messing up your relationship.” He apologized sincerely. “Why are you apologizing?” She asked giving him a confused look. “Well, I was no help showing up in front of him without a shirt on.” Chel smiled at the boy. “You’re fine Red.” She giggled as her eyes wondered down to his exposed chest. ‘Very fine...’ Her mind chimed in. She started to blush and covered her face with the blankets. Red smiled and pulled the covers down revealing her red face. “So I take it you’re mad at your ‘brother’, then?” He asked. Chel crossed her arms. “Of course, he thinks that I can’t be trusted around guys!” She felt the bed shift in weight. She then looked up and saw Red moving closer to her. The smile on his face grew wider when he was a few inches away from her face. “R-Red?” She asked in a small voice. He moved even closer to her and brushed her cheek. “I don’t think Volkner doesn’t trust you.” He whispered. Chel’s face became a deep shade of red. “Really, then why did he act like that?” She asked. She flinched when she felt his lips brush hers. “He’s trying to be a good big brother to you. He wants to protect you…” His eyes locked with hers. “…from guys like me.” Chel’s eyes widened when she felt his lips on hers. She then closed her eyes and melted into the kiss. Red pulled her in closer as she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him back. So many thoughts rushed through her head. ‘Oh man, what have I gotten myself into? What do I tell Green? What’s gonna happen tonight? Is this a dream or am I in some TV show?’ Eventually, they broke away from each other and tried to catch their breath. Red turned back to face the blushing girl and kissed her on the forehead. She giggled and pecked him on the cheek. Chel then smiled and shyly looked away. “I’ve kinda always wanted you to do that…” The boy laughed. “I’ve wanted to do that since… forever!” He replied. “So Red, if you’re the kind of guy that Volkner wants to protect me from, then does that mean you want to…?” She looked away from him, her face became warm. “No, I will wait for that.” He said as he pulled her into his chest for a hug. “So don’t think you have to do anything like that to please me.” She wrapped her arms around him and hugged back. “Thanks Red.” As the newscast continued in the background, Red sat up to see what the time posted underneath the story was. “It’s 11, time for you to go to sleep.” He said as he laid back. Chel pouted. “But I don’t wanna~” She whined. “Too bad, because you are.” He replied giving her another kiss. This time it was more passionate. As Red climbed on top of her, Pika watched in horror. He was confused and thought they were fighting. He moved close to them as his cheeks began to spark. When he was close enough, he gave the pair an electric shock causing them to stop. Both of their hair was standing up and, to make matters worse, Chel passed out. With his last bit of strength, Red glared at the Pikachu. “Piii… ka. Ugh.” He then passed out right on top of the girl.
Pika tilted his head and shrugged. His ears perked up when he heard one of Chel’s pokeballs open on its own. Her Lucario, Anubis, walked next to the bed and sighed in relief. He was very happy to see that his Trainer was still around but blushed when he noticed the position they fell asleep in. When he realized that neither Trainer would wake up soon, he turned off the lamp and TV and gave out a yawn. He smiled when he saw Pika mimic his actions and returned to his pokeball to rest more. Pika also decided it was time for bed and hopped on his partner’s back. He then curled into a ball and fell asleep. The only noise that was in the house was the sound of the rain and occasional thunder outside. Everything was peaceful… until Red turned off of Chel to lie on his back. A flash of lightning went off right next to the girl. “Dang it Volkner what did I say about remodeling the gym without tellin’ me, you tryin’ to get me killed?” She mumbled in her sleep. Red once again glared at his pokemon who gave him an innocent shrug. When Chel noticed an absence of warmth she whined a little in her sleep. The rudely awakened Red gave a sleepy smile. “How cute.” He mumbled as he wrapped his arms around her. He pulled her close to him and gave her a kiss on the forehead again. Chel smiled and cuddled closer to the boy. “Lloyd…” She said dreamily. Red blinked. He felt sad knowing that she still missed her partner. He brought her in closer and held her tight. “I’m sorry…” She whispered her voice breaking.
Chel’s eyes shot open the next morning to hear her Pokegear ringing. As her eyes adjusted to the sunlight, her heart nearly jumped out of her throat. She forgot Red spent the night with her. Her face turned bright red when she realized that she was cuddled up to him. As she moved away, he began to stir in his sleep. “Just five more minutes, mom…” He mumbled. Chel giggled. “No wonder you’re always late.” She whispered. She shifted slowly out Red’s grasp and grabbed her Pokegear to see who was calling. Chel’s face dropped when she saw it was her mother calling. ‘I forgot to call her last night!’ She thought in panic. She clicked the answer button and held the device to her ear. “Hey, mom.” The girl answered nervously. “Morning sweetie, how did you sleep?” The woman on the other side of the line asked. “I slept well. Sorry I forgot to call you last night…” Chel apologized. “It’s okay… I heard about your battle against Red yesterday, did you win?” “Umm… yeah...” Chel responded. “Wait, how did you know about that? Did Professor Oak call you?” She asked confused. “No, it’s on the news…” Chel dropped her Pokegear on the bed. Her mom sighed and knew what was coming up next. Chel grabbed the remote and turned the TV on to see that her mother was right. There was video of their battle. She noticed the name of the one who recorded it and growled in anger. “What. The. Actual. FFFFFFFF-“As she loudly cursed, Red and Pika were startled out their sleep. “I SWEAR IT’S NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE WE DIDN’T DO ANYTHING!!!” The boy screamed nearly jumping out of his skin; his partner fainted next to him. Chel picked her device back up. “Love you Ma, gotta go!” She said quickly before hanging up. She plopped back into her bed and covered her face, letting out a loud groan. After Red’s heart rate went down, he laid back and turned to her. “What’s wrong?” He asked concern was in his eyes. “They got us on tape.” Chel replied plainly. “What?” “Someone recorded our battle on their phone and sent the footage to the local news! I swear when I see that kid I’m gonna” Red pulled her into a kiss. “Don’t worry about it.” He said as he pulled away with a smile. The girl blushed. “B-but…” He put a finger to her lips. “I said don’t worry. Now, get ready for school.” Chel sighed and did as she was told. “Yes master.” She said as she left the room. Red blushed and picked up a pillow. He began to slam his face with it repeatedly. “I have to be good! I have to be good!” Meanwhile, Pika still lay next to him passed out.

Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:36 pm

There's a semi-curse word again.

As Chel prepared for school, Red decided to get up and do the same. Once he was done, he started to make up the bed with Chel’s help, once she was done getting dressed. As they pulled the sheets up, they realized that there was a medium sized lump in the bed. Red pulled back his side of the sheets and laughed. Chel curiously gazed over to his side to see what was so funny; Pika was still passed out in the bed. The two shared a laugh and when they calmed down, Red put the Pikachu on the dresser that held the other pokemon. After they finished making the bed, Chel loaded her bag for school. As she slid her Pokegear in her pocket and put on her glasses, she turned to face Red who was reclaiming his pokemon. When Chel reached for hers, the boy stopped her with his arm. She tilted her head in confusion causing him to smile. “Allow me, my dear.” He said with a high-classed tone. He grabbed her pokeballs and gave them to her as he bowed. “Milady.” Chel rolled her eyes. “I’m not in a very good mood, Red. So I suggest you cut it out or my five fingers will have a nice little conversation with your face.” She said as she threw her backpack over her shoulders. She then gave him a sly look as she walked by him. When she was out of the room, Red sighed. “Jeez.” He huffed as Pika regained consciousness. Once he placed his partner on his shoulder, he turned off the TV and followed Chel downstairs.
“Stay back.” She whispered to the boy when they were nearly downstairs. She slipped down to the last stair and looked around. No grandparents. “Hello?” She called. No answer. The coast was clear but where were they? Chel sighed and motioned for Red to join her downstairs. “Man, I hope they’re okay.” She mumbled. Red put his arm around her and kissed her on the cheek. “Don’t worry; I’m sure they’re okay.” He reassured her. Pika nuzzled her cheek. “Okay, I believe you guys!” She looked at the time. “School starts in an hour so let’s get ready to leave.” Chel said as she walked over to their home PC. “But first…” She started to login. “Don’t tell me you’re switching your pokemon for weaker ones again.” Red sighed. He was surprised to see her shake her head. “No, just moving a few pokemon.” When she finished, she turned and smiled at Red. “All set!” She said as she grabbed her house keys from the kitchen table. Red tilted his head with Pika doing the same. Chel laughed. “What?” She giggled. “What about breakfast?” He asked giving a disappointed look. “Why do you think we’re leaving early?” When she unlocked the front door, Red and Pika tilted their heads again. “You two are so cute.” Chel said as she ruffled Red’s hair. He grabbed her wrist and pulled her into a hug in which she hugged him back. It wasn’t until now when she realized how tall he was compared to her. Chel wasn’t very tall but she was taller than most of the girls at school but Red, however, was tall enough to easily place his head on hers. Once they pulled apart, Chel smiled and opened the door. Red followed her outside and waited patiently as she locked the house up.
Once outside, the two looked around and saw that it was clear outside “Let’s go!” The girl shouted as she threw one of her pokeballs. Her Flygon, Zena, popped out giving a loud cry. She turned her attention to her Trainer but was surprised to see someone with her. “Fly?” She asked. “This is Red and Pika, Zena. Red is one of my good friends from when I was little. You remember the story I told you?” The Flygon nodded and gave Red and Pika a friendly smile receiving an equally friendly smile from the two. “I’m flyin’ us today.” Chel proclaimed. “Mraw?” Zena cried. “Zena’s flyin’ us today.” She corrected. “Fine by us, right buddy?” Red’s partner nodded. Chel hopped on her Flygon’s back as Red and Pika followed close behind. “Ready?” She asked as her passengers settled in. “All yours Capitan.” He responded. “Ok, let’s go Zena!” Chel cried but her pokemon didn’t move. “Zena?” The dragon looked at her as if to say, ‘You’re forgetting something!’ “Ah, I almost forgot to put it on!” She yelled as she went through her bag. She pulled out a leather jacket and put it on. She then turned to Red. “If you want me to I can get you one too. It’s gonna be cold up there, especially since it's early.” The boy shook his head. “I’ve lived on the peak of Mt. Silver for about seven years with just the clothes I have on now; I think I should be fine.” He said in a snarky tone. Chel rolled her eyes. “Fine, here we go, again!” She yelled as they took off into the sky.

“Ahhh, that was great~” Chel yelled as the two mounted back on to Zena, who had a content look on her face. “Yeah, it was.” Red responded in his usual low voice while chuckling. They had just left an old country themed restaurant that served breakfast and brunch. As soon as they sat down, they started to catch up with each other. Red admitted to Chel that he was sad about what happened to Lloyd and hated the fact that he couldn’t do anything to save him. He even told her that, after he became the Champion and she had left, he became depressed and decided to go to Mt. Silver. Chel apologized multiple times, since she felt guilty for Red’s depression but he told her it wasn’t her fault since being on the mountain made both he and his pokemon stronger. Once they started to eat, Red asked what Chel had been up to over the years. She shyly responded to his question, telling him her accomplishments of beating the Champions of four different regions. Red’s eyes widened in surprise as he congratulated her on her achievements. Chel then explained how the professors of the different regions invited her there and gave her a starter pokemon at the beginning of her journey. She continued to tell her friend that she was planning on taking a trip back to one of the regions, Hoenn, with her best friend for winter break and told him that he was welcome to come with them, which made Red elated. By the time the two finished their meal and conversation, it was time to go. Chel paid the bill, after arguing with Red for five minutes about who should pay, and they left. When Red was in his previous position, with Pika sleeping in his jacket, he wrapped his arms around his friend from behind. Chel blushed when she felt him move closer to her. As she tried to compose herself, Red moved even closer to her and kissed the back of her neck. “Ahhh, Red!” She squeaked. He only laughed as they took off once more.
“So Chel, how come you’re still in school?” Red asked as they flew towards the school. “I mean, it’s good and all that you want to get your education but you know that you could be nearly anything. You could try and defend one or all of your titles or become a gym leader or-” He was cut off from her sighing. “I didn’t really want to do that since I feel like everyone would expect that of me.” She turned her head to him. “And you know that I didn’t want any attention, especially after what happened back then.” He nodded in understanding and hugged her back. “I’m sorry…” “What are you apologizing for?” She asked. “I feel like I’m being a jerk…” He admitted as he buried his face into the back of her neck causing her to blush deeply. “N-no, no, Red you’re not a jerk.” She managed. Once Zena started to circle the school to find a landing spot, Chel’s eyes widened. “Crap…” She muttered. Red pulled away from her and followed her eyes. There was a huge group of news crews gathered in the front of the school. Chel frowned and looked to the back of the school to find salvation. “Zena over there.” She said pointing to the back. The Flygon nodded and flew to their new destination.
As Chel returned Zena into her pokeball, Red tried to open the back door with no success. He turned and shook his head at her. Chel sighed and looked in one of the large windows. She saw her old math teacher sitting by herself in her classroom grading papers. Chel gave a light tap on the window catching her attention. The teacher smiled and waved at her. When she motioned towards the back door, the teacher said, “Oh!” and scurried to it. “I’m so sorry, Chel! I didn’t think you needed help with the door!” The teacher apologized shaking her head in embarrassment. “It’s ok Miss Col.” She responded giving the flustered woman a kind smile. The teacher’s eyes went from Chel to Red and then back to Chel. “O-ohhhh!” She said in a shy manner. “Not to intrude on your business, Chel, but I watched the news this morning and I saw that battle you had against this young man.” She gestured to Red. “I didn’t know you were a great pokemon Trainer! I mean, I knew you were good with math but oh my!” Chel gave a nervous laugh. “Hehe, I just didn’t want any extra attention.” She admitted. “Well, I will keep your entrance a secret and get back to my work.” Ms. Col said with a smile. She turned and went back to her class. “Be good you two!” She called as she walked away. The duo laughed nervously and glanced at each other.
They walked down the halls quietly until Red broke the silence. “… Umm so I’ve been meaning to ask you…” Chel tilted her head. “What is it?” He blushed. “Well… I was wondering… umm…” He kept looking away from her and tilted his hat down. Chel moved closer to him and peeked under his hat. She giggled when she saw him blush. “Reeeeed! What’s wrong?” She asked as she poked him lightly. He grabbed her shoulders and pulled her in close so they could look into each other’s eyes. Red swallowed hard and spoke in a serious voice. “Chel, tell me what we are…” She blinked. “Wha… what do you mean?” He blushed. “Well… last night… you, we… I-I don’t know!” He huffed. “I guess what I’m trying to ask is…” He looked down. “C-canwebetogether?!” He asked so suddenly, he startled Pika, who was still asleep in his jacket. Chel stood in front of him with a confused expression. After a few moments went by, she realized what her friend had said. She clutched her heart and gave Red a sweet smile. “Red, that means a lot to me!” His eyes widened. “But we kinda already are!” She said as she hugged him. He hugged her back and kissed her head. “Thanks, I feel better.”
“Mrs. P, PLEASE don’t make me go to my classes!” Chel begged with her principal. “We both know what’s going to happen! I’m gonna go to class, it’ll start, after another embarrassing episode of the morning announcements, the teacher will try to teach class but will be stopped by dumb questions that have nothing to do with what she is trying to teach by that girl asking me about my personal life, then I’m gonna be mad and make a motion to punch her in the nose” The principal crossed her arms and gave Chel a glare. “Which I won’t, but I DO want to make her flinch so I can leave the room and come here again.” The principal sighed. “So we might as well cut the middleman out and just have me stay in another room. I mean, I can get my work for that class and do it elsewhere.” She continued. “Chel…” “PLEASE!” Mrs. P sighed once more. “Alright, you stay in my room, again, but you go back for second block. No ifs, ands, or buts got it?” Chel nodded in delight and stood up to leave the room. “But” The blond haired woman stated as Chel was opening the door. “You have to do something for me, considering the fact that I’ve had to bend over backwards for you for the past two days.” “Y-yes ma’am…” Once she left the room, her face went pale. Red, who waited in the office with Pika, walked up to her and gave her a concerned look. “Hey, what’s wrong?” He asked. “I am so screwed…” She replied.

Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:44 pm

There's a few not nice words in here that kids should not read.

Red and Pika rubbed Chel’s back as she banged her head on the table. “Whhhhhhhyyyyyyyy?” She cried loudly. “C’mon Chel, it’s not that bad.” Red said trying to comfort her. She gave him a glare. “The hell it is!” Her first teacher of the day sent her work by a student, the student she couldn’t stand, Tracie. As soon as she accepted her work, Tracie started to give her a whole interview worth of questions. Before Chel could make a move to punch her, Red stepped in, gave the girl his usual cold glare, and, in a deep voice, which made Chel blush like crazy, asked her to leave. As she left, she told the two that they were the talk of the school, thus causing Chel to have a nervous breakdown. Before she could deal another blow to herself, Red grabbed her shoulders. “Look at me.” He said as he moved her to look into his eyes. “You can do this! We can do this!” She opened her mouth to speak but he put a finger to her lips. “Ah, say ‘we can do this’”. He said as if forcing a child to apologize. Chel sighed. “We can do this.” She grumbled. “What?” “We can do this, jeez!” She repeated louder. “Good, now do your homework.” Red said as he leaned back in his chair. “Yes, dad.” She teased. She looked at him and gave him a sly smile. His face turned into a dark shade of red as he looked her up and down. “Oh, you’re so asking for it.” He said as he crossed his arms. “What?” She said in an innocent tone. Her expression changed when she heard him give a deep chuckle. “You’ll see…” Chel and Pika exchanged confused looks and shrugged. “Whatever, weirdo.” She mumbled as she started working.

“Chel, you’re late!” Her third block teacher yelled. “I know!” She yelled back. “WHY!?” He asked loudly. “I HAD BETTER THINGS TO DO!” She replied. “BETTER THAN CLASS?!” “YES!” “STOP YELLING!!!!” One student shouted. After a long awkward pause, the teacher spoke up. “Just take a seat. We DO have to still look like we’re actually doing something.” He grumbled. “Why?” She asked as she sat in her seat. “Don’t you remember, Chel? There’s the pep rally today.” Another classmate told her. Chel nearly fell out of her seat. “NOOOO!!!” She bellowed. Her teacher sighed. “How do you think I feel…?” He slumped into his chair and took out his phone. “Okay kiddies, today we’re going to uhhhh….” He looked around the room to think. His eyes then locked on to Chel and he smiled. “Let’s battle…” “FFFFFFFFF- YOU DI…” “Let’s go outside everyone.” He said ignoring his student’s angry protests. “Bro, it’s cold out there.” One student complained. “Bring a jacket.” The teacher responded as he stood. “But Mr. Grey!!!” The class complained. “We’re here for a full class time and I wanna go home so kill time, we’re going to have battles. They’ll keep you warm.” “You suck, man.” Chel growled. “Aren’t you a doll? Everyone, let’s head out!” The class groaned in unison again as they slowly shifted outside with their winter gear and pokeballs.
“Let’s do double battles!” One student yelled. “I call Chel!” “NEIN, VE VILL NOT DO DIE DOUBLE BATTLES!!!” “Oh great, his German is showing again.” Chel mumbled. “But why?” Another student asked. “BECAUSE DOUBLE BATTLES ARE FOR SISSIES WHO CAN’T TAKE CARE OF THEIRSELF!” He replied in his angry accent. “WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT SHOUTING?!” The girl from earlier asked. There was yet another awkward pause. “So who’s first?” He asked. “Me against Mike!” A student shouted. The two were friends and loved to mess with each other. “Very well, but know this” Mr. Grey said as he pointed to his students. “The last battle will be Chel and me, one on one battle. So BACK OFF, ya munchkins!” The air was filled with the sounds of teenagers sucking their teeth and complaining about how their teacher was such a weirdo. “Okay now, let’s start.”
After spending about an hour sitting in one place watching her classmates battle with one another, Chel became bored. She sighed as she walked away from the group and sat at nearby picnic bench. Hades, her Houndour, popped out of his ball and gave her a concerned look. “I don’t know what to do, buddy.” She said as she patted his head. Another sigh escaped her lips as she thought about what happened earlier.

Flashback
Red tilted his hat down to cover his eyes as he leaned back in his chair. He began to doze off with Pika in his lap as Chel did her classwork. “Hey, Red.” She whispered causing him to come out of his sleep. “Yeah?” He responded in a dazed state. “When will you be going back?” She asked with worry in her voice. Red sat up and looked at her. “Why do you ask?” He tilted his head. “Well” She blushed and looked away. “I just wanted to know… I mean our winter vacation is coming up…” Her face grew darker. “What is it?” He asked as he scooted closer to her. “Well, are you still coming on the trip?” “Of course…” “I mean… I just wanted to know… ‘Cause I don’t want you to leave me…” She muttered. Red’s eyes widened. “Y-you’re worried about me leaving?” Chel nodded her eyes avoided his. He gave his usual chuckle and grabbed her waist. After hearing her squeak, Red pulled her onto his lap. “Wha-what are you doing?” She asked as she blushed. He put his hand on her head and pulled her into his chest. He felt her body tense up but after a while she relaxed. “Don’t worry,” He whispered into her ear. “I’m not leaving any time soon.” Chel’s face turned a deeper shade of red as she looked up to him. It darkened even more when she felt his lips press against hers. She wrapped her arms around his neck to deepen the kiss. As the two continued to kiss, they heard the door open and a familiar voice. “What the hell is this?!” The two broke away from each other and looked towards the source of the voice, Green. His face had a mix of emotions: confusion, anger, sadness. “G-Green, I-I” “Shut up!” He yelled. Chel flinched at his raised voice and got up from Red’s lap. Green’s face became somber when he realized he what he did. “Chel, I’m sorry.” She ignored him and walked out, Pika running behind. Red stood up and glared at Green. “Why are you so terrible to her?” He asked his voice was strained with anger. Green sighed. “Red, let me tell you the truth.” He said as he sat down. Red sighed and followed his rival’s example. Green looked up to Red and sighed. “It’s just that…” His voice was shaky. “You always get everything.” Red turned to him and gave him a confused look. “What?” “Oh come on!” Green stood up and rubbed his head. “Look at you! You’re the Pokemon League Champion of Kanto, possibly even a pokemon master! Gramps thinks you’re the best thing since the invention of pokeballs! And Chel…” His voice trailed off. “Chel likes you more than me.” He turned away. “And who do I have? Not my sister, not grandfather, not even my parents!” He slammed his fist down on the table. “It’s not fair!” He cried. “I thought I had a chance but when I saw you two kissing, I” He stopped when he felt a pair of arms wrap around him from behind. He looked behind him and gasped when he saw that Chel had come back. “C-Chel!” He yelled in shock. He turned to and hugged her back. “I’m sorry, Green. I didn’t know you felt that way about me, about everything.” She heard him sigh. “It-it’s okay. I wasn’t exactly kind to you so it’s not your fault.” They pulled away from each other and gave a smile. Green turned to his rival and extended his arm to shake his hand. Red followed Green’s lead but once he grabbed his hand, he pulled him in for a hug. Pika, who was slowly following Chel, came back in the room to gain a shocked expression. “Pi?!” Chel smiled and picked him up giving him a hug and a kiss on his head. Pika cuddled into her arms. After everyone was calm, they sat down and began to catch up with one another. They laughed and told jokes to each other, shared their hopes and dreams, and then, Chel piped up and gave the boys another apology. “Guys, I know you’re tired of hearing this from me, but I’m sorry.” The two looked at her with confusion. “Why are you apologizing this time?” Green asked. “I just… I feel like it’s my fault that you guys were fighting for so long, and then what just happened a while ago…” The two looked at each other and laughed. Chel’s face went red. “And what is so funny?” She asked. “You!” They said in between their fits of laughter. When they calmed down, they moved near Chel. She was confused. ‘What are they doing?!’ She thought as they drew closer to her. She flinched when she felt their arms wrap around her. The two hugged her tightly, sandwiching her in between them. Chel’s face became warm when she felt their bodies press against hers. ‘Wha… what are they doing?’ “Feeling better now?” Green asked. Chel gulped. Green’s tone was… different, like when they ate lunch together. Then Red piped up. “How does it feel?” He asked in just about the same tone. Chel shuttered at their questions. ‘Whatever you do, don’t look up!’ She thought. Her heart was beating faster and faster as she constantly repeated, ‘Do not look up!’ in her mind. “Cheeeeeeeellll” They purred together breaking her concentration. She made the mistake of looking up to them to see their eyes full of mischief and giving suspicious smirks.
End Flashback

“CHEL!” Mr. Grey yelled snapping her back to reality. Chel and Hades looked in his direction. “What?” She called back. “Everyone is done. Now it’s you and me!” He shouted. She sighed. “I hate my life sometimes…” She grumbled. She reluctantly rejoined the group and took her place in front of her teacher. “Okay, let’s do this.” Chel groaned. “Not so fast.” Her teacher said giving her a smile. “Wha-what?” “If I win this battle, then you have to be nice to me until you graduate.” “Ooooooooo” The class teased. Chel crossed her arms. “And if I win?” The teacher shrugged. “Then you don’t have to take my exam.” She laughed. “I already don’t! At least so far…” “Exactly. If you defeat me, then I’ll be one less class you have to worry about come final exam time.” Chel and Hades exchanged determined looks “You’re on old man!”

Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]