It is currently Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
The Emerald Road: Hoenn Journeys 

The Emerald Road: Hoenn Journeys

Those who see me rp will find bits and pieces from my previous rp characters in this story^^
Mostly, I will try to make a team here from all of my teams from past rps =3

Feel free to post

Holder of places for awesome fan art and stuff =3

Last edited by mizumanta on Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:39 am, edited 4 times in total.

Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:37 pm
Profile WWW

Kenta Gregor
"Trust me! We can do it."
Spoiler: show
Nicknamed by his two best friends as "Ken", Kenta is looking to become a pokemon trainer. He grew up in Petalburg City with his large family. Becuase he had so little in common with them, he often stayed away from them. His first friend was Sam, who often saw him as weak or in need of protection. Despite his protests, Sam insisted in following him around and defending him. Sam and Ken developed a close friendship which later included their new friend, Shin.

Ken is both hopeful and pessimistic of the future. He is known, not for his strength, but for his ability to strategize. Once he gets a plan in his head or visualizes a situation, he sets his mood on the outcome, which can be either positive or negative. He has a habit of thinking too many steps ahead in a plan, often forgetting the first few steps and messing up. This has given him the second nickname from his friends as the "forgetful tactician."

He wears a blue t-shirt with a sleeveless black vest. He wears pants that separate just under the knee with a zipper, that allow for the pants to be made into shorts. He likes the shorts the best, but if he sees a mosquito, he will not hesitate to switch them back.

Party:
ImageImageImage
Quote:
Kenta's first pokemon. Ralts is very calm and observant, often solving problems on her own without her trainer's influence. Ralts and Kenta have a lot of bonding to do.

Samantha Brown
"You sure you wanna take me on?"
The tough one in the group. Samantha used to take on anyone who bullied her friends. She often shouts and gets angry easily, leading others to see her as scary. For a long time, only Ken and Shin were accepting of her qualities, both good and bad. She has a hard time finding pokemon, since she can never walk quietly, but her tenacity more than makes up for it. Kenta nicknamed her "Sam" since he thought she was a boy when they first met. Sam didn't see much of a problem with it, but does get a little violent when others try to give her "girl advice".

Sam wears a red shirt purple t-shirt with a then red sweater tight around her waist. She alternates between ripped baggy jeans and skinny jeans. Her longbrown hair is never in need of grooming.

Party:
ImageImageImage
Quote:
Sam's first pokemon, given to her by the professor's assistant. Torchic is wild and full of energy. Torchic has a habit of running too fast and tripping. Both Sam and Torchic immediately got along.

Shintaro Kudo
"Alright..."
Shintaro came to Petalburg City when he was young. He didn't speak much, so people assumed that he could not speak english. It took some time for him to make friends, but after a bit, he met Kenta and Samantha. The three instantly hit it off and Shin became a member of the group, given the nickname, "Shin." Because of his ability to sneak up on anyone and his tendency to leave without others noticing, Ken and Sam give him another nickname, "Ninja."

He is very often reserved, keeping his thoughts to himself while quietly observing. He rarely speaks to anyone other than his close friends, but when he does, what is said is usually very intelligent and helpful. Along with this quality, he has a tendency to find hidden things without really trying. He may disappear and come back with a sack of things for the group to play with. He wears a dark green cotton sweater with a hood hanging off the back. Two strings hang underneath that close it. He has a habit of closing the hood over his face when he is embarrassed to hide his blushing, though his actual facial expressions rarely change. Hi has a thing for sandals, claiming to feel closer to nature.

Party:
ImageImageImage
Quote:
Shin's first pokemon received from the professor's assistant. Treecko is increadibly fast, especially in tall grass or in the forest. Treecko is very serious and very rarely lets go and has fun.

Items

Last edited by mizumanta on Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:18 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:37 pm
Profile WWW

So...I am not the best artist of human characters, so if anyone wants to draw and pictures or make any sprites (to be used here) please feel free to post em^^

I shall display them here (with recognition):

Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:48 pm
Profile WWW

New Beginnings

"Late! I'm late!" Kenta shouted as he ran down the stairs. He had half of his shirt on. Not only was it covering his eyes, but he had an arm sticking out. His mom casually put a peice of toast into the open hand, she had seen this too many times. "Thanks mom." Kenta rustled through his clothing to get his head through and finally, his other arm. "Sorry, I can't talk mom!" Kenta said, taking a bite of the toast. "Sam will kill me if I get there last. I'll call you later!" With that, he grabbed his prepacked pack and rushed out the door. His mom watched as her son bolted behind another house, using one of his "shortcuts". She chuckled to herself and went back to eating.

"No! No!" Kenta was on his way to get his first pokemon, and he didn't want to keep his two friends waiting. Kenta had gone through a hole in the fence of one yard, and had his way to climbing over another fence. This was one of his "shortcuts" to new places. He knew that in Petalburg city, there were a lot of twists and turns that would normally slow him down. Alleyways would be his second choice, but pokemon sometimes hid there. This way would be much quicker! Normally he would be this reckless, but the thought of his friend Sam, angerly tapping her foot against the concrete brought scary chills down his back. That's it....gotta take the alley ways. " Kenta made another dash to a nearby alley, one that he was determined before to avoid. As he ran, peering eyes of pokemon leered at him. Some were recognizable, even in the darkness. A sableye, a purrloin, even a houndour in the trashcan that he passed. If any of them tried to attack, he wouldn't be able to protect himself. This only fueled his sprint.

Finally out of one alley, Kenta found himself on the main road. Here, many shops and vendors made their mark. Normally, they would try to goed him into purchasing their wares, but the fact that he was running through combined with his low age, he was mostly ignored. "Just a bit more." Kenta didn't dare look at his watch. He feared that seeing the seconds pass would slow him down. Kenta closed his eyes as he ran, giving it one last push. He wasn't really the most physically fit boy and lost his breath quickly, causing him to open his eyes. As the light periced his vision, he saw a small green pokemon crossing in front of him. It didn't even reach up to his knee. He was going too fast now and couldn't stop himself. He also couldn't turn, not physically unable, but the stands were in the way. In a panic, Kenta tripped over his feet, sending him into the air, just missing the pokemon. He slid into a nearby stand, a cloud of dust covered him. "Oh man... not now" He said as he coughed and waved the dust around. He looked around to see the pokemon from before completely unfazed. It simply walked over to the boy. "I'm sorry for that. " He said. "I'm in a hurry, I'm sure your trainer's around." He looked around a bit. Besides the people who didn't seem to have notticed his fall, there wasn't anyone around who appeared to be looking for a pokemon. "Umm..." Kenta was getting nervous. every second here is another second behind. but he couldn't leave the pokemon alone. "umm... Okay, come with me for now, if you don't have a trainer." Kenta picked up the pokemon, who didn't seem to have any reservations about this, and continued on. With a pokemon in his hands, he couldn't pump his arms for momentum so he was a bit slower. He decided that this was fine anyway because he didn't want to fall again and hurt the poor thing. Luckily for him, the meeting spot was just around the corner.

"Finally!" A booming voice shouted. "Where the hell were you!?" A girl a little taller than Kenta glared at him with intense eyes. "You're ten minutes late, which means that's ten more minutes that I have to wait for my pokemon!" As the girl was ranting, another figure, this one noticably taller, raised a hand in a lackluster wave.
"Hey." was all he said.
"Oh, hey Shin! Sorry, i'm late." The voice from before boomed even louder.
"DON'T IGNORE ME!!!"
"Oh...sorry Sam. I just woke up a bit late and then this..." Kenta looked down at teh pokemon in his arms. Before he could continue, he was interupted by a an odd man in a dirty labcoat. He seemed to be in more of a hurry than Kenta was earlier.
"It's nice of you to show up. Now we can continue." He pulled out a case from behind himself and promptly opened it. "In here are three pokeballs. Since you thre did not visit the professor's lab directly, I can only offer these standard pokemon for your journey. " He called each pokemon out, throwing the orbs into the air and releasing what was inside. In a flash of light, three pokemon stood before the three kids. There was a bird like pokemon with three flaming red feathers atop its head, another with a single blue fin shooting up, and a third with a thick green tail. Kenta made a habit of noticing the immediate traits of a pokemon to remember it later. "Here we have torchic, mudkip, and treecko. One of these pokemon will be the partner for your journey."

"torchic is mine!" Sam rushed over to hug the small chick pokemon. "We already looked up which pokemon we wanted. We're ready." She spoke up.

"Treecko is my choice." Shin grabbed the pokeball and allowed treecko to climb on his shoulder.

"Well then I'll take-" Kenta was cut off. The mudkip was taken into its pokeball and put back in the case.

"Since you already have a pokemon with you, I cannot permit another to be given away." The man packed up his stuff, leaving three pokedexes and small kits in his place.

"B-but.." was all Kenta could say before the man began to run off. He was mumbling about numbers and missing his train. Kenta sulked as the man left. "Great. No pokemon for me."

"Don't worry" Sam put a fist into the air. "I'll freakin' track him down!" She already began a running start.
"What about that?" Shin pointed at the pokemon within his arms.

"This is...I'm not entirely sure. I found it in Main Street. It doesn't have a trainer, but..."

"Problem solved..." Shin exhaled. "That is your pokemon..." Kenta looked down.

"I guess so but... I don't even know anything about it." He loked down at the pokedexes left behind. "I guess I can use that..." He walked over and oped the nearest one. He put the pokemon down and scanned it with the pokedex. The little machine beeped a few times before an image showed. Kenta was surprised when it started to speak.

"Ralts, the Feeling Pokémon. It can use the horns on its head to read human emotions. Ralts rarely shows itself to humans, but may occasionally approach when it senses positive or happy feelings."

"Ralts?" Kenta took some time to examine the pokemon. It had a green dome over its head, hiding its eyes, but it didn't seem timid. "Ralts? would you like to join me on my journey?" Ralts looked up and shook its head. "Alright!" Kenta loked around. "I...need a pokeball..." He began to sulk again. As his head fell, Shin put a ball in front of him. It was black and blue with a crescent moon on the top.

"I found this on my way here. use this..." Kenta hesitated to take it, but remembered that his friend frequently found items like that.

"Thank you" Kenta had tears in his eyes. He was being dramatic, but was very thankful. He turned to ralts, gently placing the ball's button on ralts' forehead. The pokemon was quickly consumed by a red light, and a clicking sound was heard. "Alright! I got a ralts!" Kenta shouted.

Thinking about it further, since the ball worked, it couldn't have been another trainer's pokemon, which calmed Kenta's thoughts. "Thank's guys. Now we all have a pokemon. Our journey starts today!"

Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:57 pm
Profile WWW

The three trainers were walking along route 102. The entire place was a bid meadow with a few large hills. On either side, just within sight, were the edges of the forests that surrounded the route. "This entire trip is a bit counter productive." Kenta whined. " We should be going the other way to train."

"We're here to bond." Shin mumbled. Treecko had a set position on shin's shoulder. He seemed to be constantly checking the surroundings. Kenta looked into his arms. He was still carrying ralts, whose abilities were still foggy to him. According the the pokedex, Ralts had a few moves already known. They were Confusion, growl, and misty terrain. kenta hadn't seen any of these moves in action and was unsure on how they would work.

"After each of us catches at least one more pokemon, we should have a battle!" Kenta cheered. He really wanted a chance to show off his pokemon. "I came prepared if we really needed any help finding pokemon." Kenta's eyes widened. "I have a fishing rod, and some honey for attracting pokemon. I even got a bunch of pokeballs." Kenta fidgeted a bit. "They said that they couldn't sell me the more expensive pokeballs until I got some badges..."

"Won't need it. Torchic and I will smoke out any pokemon. Besides, we can beat the two of you guys, hands down." Sam smiled condescendingly. "You two got no chance." Shin stayed silent. It wasn't unlike him to allow Sam to talk this way. He often proved himself with action later.

"I don't know about you, but I feel that ralts may need another pokemon friend. I don't know what to catch though. I read up on the pokemon found in this region but... there are so many. I can only really remember small specific things about them." Kenta really liked having information beforehand on things like this, but he was a bit unprepared for the large array of pokemon to research. "How about we split up and meet back here in a few hours? I bet we could catch at least one pokemon by then."

"Sounds good..." Shin mumbled. As Kenta turned around to see his friend agree with him, Shin had already disappeared.

"I'm not ever not going to be creeped out by that" Sam shuddered. "And I bet I can catch dozens more pokemon than you, Ken. Just watch. " Sam ran into the bushes, clawing her way through the shrubbery. A sound of her whistling for other pokemon and torchic's clumsy following died down as the two left.

"Looks like it's just the two of us, ralts." Kenta looked into the distance for a while. "Y'know, I haven't given you a nickname?" Ralts looked back up, a bit confused. "Well...if one of us thinks of one, we can go with that. If not, you can always go by ralts.”
The two continued walking down the beaten path. Since Sam had gone left and he could only imagine that Shin went right, the place for him to go was forward. Kenta stood ralts down on the ground. He didn’t feel as though he should carry her so much. “Would you mind showing some of your moves with me?” Ralts nodded with a smile. From where he was standing, ralts’ eyes were blocked off by the green formation on its head. “Allright…Confusion?” Ralts eyes glowed. It was difficult to see, but to sources of light glowed under the green part of its body. It held up its hands, and seemed to transfer energy to a nearby object, a nearby boulder. The boulder became encased in a blue energy and slowly rose from the ground, allowing small particles of dirt to fall off of the bottom. Kenta was surprised that such a small pokemon could pick up something that weighed about as much as he did. Ralts lowered the boulder slowly, as to not reveal their location to other pokemon. Kenta smiled wide, thankful to have such a skilled pokemon. “Umm…mist terrain?” He looked into his pokedex for the specifics. “Apparently…It prevents status conditions.” He looked at ralts, who had been patiently waiting. Ralts took the glance as an okay to start. She allowed her whole body to glow. An odd pink mist covered the area around her. It appeared to be an illusion, but Kenta himself became drawn to it. There was a sweet smell in the air and everything was dyed a calming pink color. Kenta was once again impressed. This move was really beautiful and it certainly improved his mood. The third move, growl, was relatively common to him and he didn’t need to see it. He was a bit curious as to how loud his shy ralts could be though.

Walking on the path for a bit, Kenta heard a bit of rustling in the trees. A few unripe fruits dropped which led to the two looking up. Just out of Kenta’s reach, an aipom was playfully handling a tough oran berry. “Our first pokemon. We can do this.”

Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:31 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]