It is currently Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
The Victorious Writes 

This will be my little writing nook. This'll be where I put my works of writing like stories, poems, songs and etc.

RULES
◄▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪►
① Please rate, I want to see how far I am

SERIES
① Of Fire and Ice
    Prologue

Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:14 am

It was but a bright and sunny morning, birds are chirping, the cool morning breeze blowing into the window. It was like every single day, but.....

CRASH

All of a sudden in the mere blink of an eye, the whole scenery changed. From my calm and tiny room in the suburbs to a ruined downtown city, littered with bodies. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. This had to be a dream. I tried to stand up, and started walking around. It was silent. Every footstep I make, creates an sound echoing all over the city.

After a couple of minutes wandering the city, I finally stopped in my tracks. In front of me was where a school was supposed to be. Instead, was a giant crater about 5 meters deep, with trees decimated into ashes. I fell down to my knees and screamed into the skies for some reason.

I awoken, laying on my bed. It was a dream, but something tells me that it isn't. I glanced at my clock and it was still 4 in the morning. I went back to sleep and kept hoping that dream doesn't turn into reality.

Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:15 am

I was having such a nice dream. Me and my Prince Charming were on his horse, galloping past the calm and peaceful meadow. But then the dream shattered into my bedroom as my bedside alarm clock rang. I lazily reached to it, only for it to be stopped by my mom.

"You have school today! Wake Up!", she shouted. I tried to ignore her by clogging my ears with my pillow. She certainly was passed off. She grabbed the blanket underneath me and yanked it.

CRASH

Like magic, I ended up on the floor under my very angry mother. "You get dressed and ready for school. Now!" Her voice pierced my eardrums like a blade. I lazily stood up and slowly walked over to the shower.

Elizabeth Walker-Jones, 38. Ex-military sergeant. She married my dad in '95, then soon retired. Two words to describe her: Evil and Strict. She might be like that to discipline us or she just loves to be on top. Whenever I have sleep overs the scariest story I tell my friends was the time she caught me home after curfew. Beer. I still have goose bumps whenever I remember. One tip when conversing with her: Do not get on her bad side.

Wow. By the time I was finished with that explanation, I was already downstairs. I headed towards the oak wood table supported by a couple of steel beams and then sat on the cold matching chair. On the other side of the table was him.

"What are you looking at geek?", he said. I could've killed him right now if sergeant mother wasn't looking over my shoulder. I stared down at my breakfast. As usual it was some store-bought stuff, this time it was from the 7/11 store just a couple of blocks away.

I quickly glanced at his food. It was, as usual, better than mine. He got home-made scrambled eggs, toast and orange juice. I was drooling.

He and mother knew I was drooling and in unison they said "If you wanted home-made food, you should've got an A on your last geography test" When they talk in unison I always thought they were scheming against me.

By the way he is Andreas Phyllis Jones. 17. My twin brother. Eventhough we were twins, we have nothing alike. His dark shade of brown, messy hair, contrasts to my long and wavy blonde hair that reaches my elbow tied into two braids. His blue aquamarine eyes totally overshadows my regular brown eyes. We also have different fashion styles. He wears a black sleeveless undershirt topped with my dad's college football jacket and shorts. While I wear a green blouse and a red knee-length skirt. Even our grades are different. He's a straight A student, while I am C+ student.

Again, that introduction took longer than expected, the next thing I knew we were in the car. After a couple of minutes of driving, we finally reached our destination "West Brown High". It was our first days of high school.

West Brown High, just located a couple of yards from our house. It is one of the most esteemed high schools in the US. Over sixty percent of the graduating classes are now all over the world, working for companies like Microsoft, Samsung, and Apple. Yet there's one thing that bothers me. How could I get in? It's no surprise Andreas was accepted, but me? I haven't even heard of this school until the time my mom announced that both of us were accepted in it. What is this all about?

Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:30 am

I walked past the front gates, they seem familiar. The ark with WH fit into a concrete circle. The hallway also seemed familiar the walls were covered by a series of lockers, equal in length and width.

"Hey!", someone shouted making both Andreas and I to stop in our tracks. The voice was coming from a red haired girl, just a couple of centimeters taller than me. "New Students. Right?" We both nodded. "New Students should go to the gym! Follow me!" Her happy and peppy demeanor lowered my nervousness.

We followed her to a large double door just at the end of the hall, She opened the large doors and we all came in. Inside the gym was around 20-30 students. My nervousness escalated.

"Is that everyone?", a dark hooded man asked.
"Yup! The last two just arrived!", the red head said.
"Good" he then looked towards the new students and said "Welcome to West Brown High students. I am Theodore Prowler, principal of West Brown, call me Sir Prowler. As long as you are students of this establishment everything you do will affect your lives here and now say hello to our Vice Principal...."

I suddenly felt an odd yet, familiar aura. Something tells me this is why I was chosen here. I looked to Andreas, and he was stuttering. We were prepared for the worst. A tall woman with her hair tied into a bun was revealed past the curtains. "..... Ms. Elizabeth Walker-Jones!", the principal announced.

"MOM?!", we both shouted. The other 20-30 students looked our way. "Yes?", she said calmly. The principal looked our way and then to her.
"Ah so these are your kids? I look forward to seeing them in action" he said to her. "Now. Your classes are posted just outside. Now get ready for the adventure of your life"

After the announcement we all went out and went towards the bulletin board. I searched for Andreas' name first, just hoping we aren't in the same class.

While I was looking for his name I thought the names out loud in my head "Allison Gerard, Alyssa Garfield, ........... Alexander the Great, Alvida Delores." I stopped for a while, and reread the names just in case I wasn't wrong. "Allison Gerard, Alyssa Garfield, ............. Alexander the Great" I wasn't wrong. There really is someone called Alexander the Great. I wonder what he looked like. The image that suddenly popped up was Leonidas from 300.

I ignored what that was and just continued to find Andreas' name "Alvida Delores,............. Andreas Phyllis Jones. 2C" I found Andreas' name and now continued to search for mine. I thoroughly searched the list, but.......... nothing. My name wasn't there. I thought she said I was accepted. I ran to my mother's office.

"I thought you said I was accepted" , I said. "You are accepted", she answered. "Theny why was my name not in the new student's list?" , I asked back. She took the list of new students and stopped "I could've sworn your name was there. Anyway, you'll be in Class 2B, in the second floor, pass the hallway, its in your left."

I ran towards the stairs to the second floor, it took me quite some time to find them. "Pass the hallway, in your left-" There it was Class 2B, the room I'll be in for the school year. I sucked up confidence and opened the door.

Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]