It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
[max]Revive 

2012-10-05, 15:07:02pm, Dossier 552-363-222

Is this thing on?

Right.

My name is Beomgyun. I'm not technically 'alive' at the moment, rather, I'm recording my voice into this video-recording device. As you may have noticed...I'm not human anymore. I'm a Growlithe with red stripes, compared to the other Growlithes out there with black ones. Don't tell my parents. This isn't my real body. It's like an 'avatar' that these scientists grew out of my DNA. Somehow it became a Growlithe with the extra stuff they put in so I have to live with it. This whole thing is just a trial, and I think it works real fine. My limbs are receptive and I can bark like all the other Growlithes. Except that I'm a Growlithe with a human consciousness. The actual me- all nerdy and stuff, is inside one of the special 'transference' room where they transfer your consciousness into these bodies.

Just hours ago, I was staring at this body bobbing in a glass tank. When I tapped the glass it squirmed slightly, the eyes still closed. The scientists briefed me and a few others who had volunteered for the project that we were almost ready. All we wanted to do was to act like Pokemon, so that we could get up close to rare Pokemon and communicate with them. One day we would be able to understand the Pokemon world much better and benefit them all. Hyojong, my best friend who I always hung out with, came over and squeezed my shoulder. He pointed at his form- a giant Ursaring with red and white markings. "Ain't it cool," he said aloud, his eyes dreamy, "Yours is pretty cool too." I nodded forcefully. Growlithe were a fiercely loyal species and they made excellent watchmen. I could hardly wait to become that form.

Hyojong and I were split up, paired with two others willing to participate. I stared meekly at the loud stranger I was paired with, and he introduced himself as Wonhyo. I let out a sharp nod, extending my gloved hand to shake. Wonhyo was in a long, blue jumpsuit, and I noticed that he appeared to be barefoot. On close scrutiny, I realised they were prosthetic legs. I rubbed my metallic wrist, feeling his pain. I was self-conscious about it, even wearing long sleeves to hide them. Wonhyo seemed at ease about them though. We laid down and entered the transference room. Fireworks erupted at the back of my head, and I could feel as if someone was suctioning all the life out of me. Darkness ensued for a while, until I woke up...in a completely different room from before.

I tried to sit up, but instead found myself on my haunches. My ankles and wrists had tufts of fur sticking out, and I spent a moment staring at my new paws. After noticing the puffy ball of fur I had for a tail, I was overcome by a sudden urge to chase it. After wrestling with myself, I fell off the bed. I came face-to-face with a skeptical-looking Patrat, watching me calmly. Flipping myself over, I growled at it. Then, I noticed its colouration- it had a blue stomach and blue-tipped tail. "Wonhyo...?" The Patrat folded his arms and glared, his big eyes making it look more psychedelic than threatening. "Ya think, punk?" he snapped, before climbing nimbly to the doorknob and opening the door for me. Wonhyo hitched a ride on my back as we explored the corridors of the lab, suddenly much smaller than before. Even though I didn't really know Wonhyo yet, he was quite endearing. Though he was still loud and annoying, he was just as curious as I was.

*STRETCHES OUT POLIWAG LEG FOR MILES*

"I don't know what you're talking about."

Sporadically active. If I post, it means I was asked to see something.

Sometimes, I sell natured Pokémon. Black market's good this time of year.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:11 am

I didn't see a DO NOT POST PLZ notice so yeah...

Interested in seeing how this will continue [assuming it's not a one-shot and ends here :c]; I couldn't help but imagine something bad was going to happen after each sentence solely because pokemon + human experimental stories = tragedy for the most writings I've seen XD

I kept reading 'Beomgyun' as 'Beong-gyun'... sob.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:27 am
Profile WWW

[It isn't a one-shot. I've been entertaining this thought in my head for a while and wanted it to be a story over a role-play. And hopefully it isn't a tragedy! I can't have that!]

I slowly padded to one of the doors, hearing a commotion inside. Wonhyo depressed the doorknob, releasing a frightened green Ducklett that immediately flew out. Behind him lumbered an enormous but clumsy Ursaring, trying in vain to will his body to chase the Ducklett. "Hyojong!" I explained, in a deep growling voice that my usually-squeaky voice could never muster. Hyojong turned and I noticed his red-and-white markings. He panted, complaining that this body was far too bulky for his convenience. He then pointed a condemning claw at the neon-green Ducklett, stating that he had been insulted and was taking revenge.

The Ducklett waddled over ostentatiously, and with a pompous wave of his wing denied all these charges. He also introduced himself as Kyeonghwan, and I quickly tripped Hyojong with my body before he charged at the Ducklett again from anger. Kyeonghwan did not seem to understand the implications of his words, hopping away from us. He waddled onto the fire hosereel, staring us down. Having to work together was a big problem by itself. I scampered over to a disgruntled Wonhyo's side, innerly feeling relieved that we did not get off to such a rocky start. Hyojong and Kyeonghwan continued to squabble, until a Liepard suddenly appeared in front of us.

The Liepard was obviously much more experienced in this second body, easily dodging the blows Hyojong and Kyeonghwan exchanged. He landed in front of us, and we noticed his sky-blue hide and piercing electric eyes. I did not anticipate his next move of using Night Slash to create a massive gash into the floor, separating them. Kyeonghwan squawked in surprise, staying on his side while Hyojong panted, glaring watchfully. The Liepard hissed at us for not being able to cooperate in our pairs, let alone moving off to interact with actual Pokémon. Squabbling between species would be a dead human giveaway, he warned, and had to be avoided.

After averting the quarrel, the Liepard informed us that he was our leader of this expedition. We still had to pick up another pair at the far end, and Wonhyo continued to ride on my back. Kyeonghwan hopped slowly beside me, claiming he needed 'as much protection as he needed' from Hyojong. I felt he deserved Hyojong's hostility(Hyojong was usually calm so I would never know what caused so much offense) but kept quiet, continuing to walk behind Junho.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:51 am

MORE MORE MORE
keep going
this is really good :awesome:

Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:59 pm

We went to the last room, where a Dewott sat on a Skamory's lap. The Dewott seemed to be calming the large steel bird, and I noticed that its lower body markings were a nice peach colour. The Skamory had chocolate-coloured markings, and seemed a bit paranoid. Junho introduced us to Seongjo, the Skamory and Daeseong, the Dewott. It seemed they would be the last two members of our team. We got ourselves acquainted, and Seongjo explained with a massive stutter that he wanted to overcome his irrational fear of Pokémon and hence joined the project. Daeseong stated humbly that he was but chosen by his professors and I recalled seeing him on the honour roll of a nearby university. He studied a rather obscure course though, and it was surprising that he even made it.

After walking around, we were led into a nature reserve to get ourselves familiarised with a 'wild' setting. I noticed a lone Graveler sitting in a fluffy patch of grass, playing with a large black rock. The rock glittered in the sun, and the Graveler seemed happy with it. I was curious though- why was the Graveler alone and not with his pack? The second question was far more pressing, since Gravelers usually stayed on mountain cliffs or rocky, arid places. This Graveler was sitting in grass and seemed perfectly fine with it. Ignoring the large sign saying 'Do Not Enter The Pen', I boldly leapt across the low fence. I had intended to ask the Graveler about his strange habits, but I noticed that he put the stone beside him upon seeing me.

I mustered up my courage, seeing as he was entirely focused. When I went up to him, the Graveler reached out his arms and suddenly hugged me tightly. "Fluffy!" he cried happily, as I pawed feebly against his large rocky body. Now I was certain that there was something wrong with the Graveler. I heard this sudden loud noise and saw Wonhyo coming up, charging up a Double-Edge. The Graveler extended one of his long stone arms, effectively stopping Wonhyo by holding his head. "My fluffy," he whimpered, stroking me rigidly. Gee. I guess the Graveler was really lonely. A shout interrupted this, and I saw a man in a ranger's uniform appear.

He managed to get the Graveler to let me go with a few words, before letting the Graveler play with his enormous glittering rock again. "Are you injured?" he asked, scooping me in his arms and leading me outside the pen, "Charles can get lonely in that pen, and he likes to hug small Pokémon like you. I feel bad...but we as Rangers can't do much." I opened my mouth to speak, but found it unwise to reveal my identity. Instead I licked his face(eww) as thanks before wagging my tail to signal I was fine. Wonhyo hastily ran over, jumping around the man's legs and yipping loudly. I could hear what he was saying but the man seemed to dismiss it as squeaking noises.

Wonhyo pointed to Charles, who had rolled over. I finally noticed why he was unable to leave- both his legs were crushed. Charles whined, extending his arms to signal he wanted something to hug. The ranger put me down and went over, admonishing Charles gently before letting him leave. "Poor thing. After he suffered brain damage from that landslide he was never the same again," said the ranger, before he disappeared to the large ranger lookout. Wonhyo and I exchanged looks- brain damage? This could be a breakthrough! I returned to the pen, seeing Charles attempt to grab me again with his stubbly front arms. He still wanted a hug. I tried again, snuggling against the cool skin of the large rocky golem and waiting for his reaction.

If we were already in this much trouble, I didn't want to know how the rest were doing.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:30 am

To my surprise, Charles did not grab me as he did just now. He simply purred, closing his eyes and enjoying my nuzzling. Wonhyo gestured at me wildly to get away, before he suddenly left. Charles merely stared at me when it was over, but he seemed somewhat happier than just now. "Will you come back?" he pleaded as I began to pad away from him. Wonhyo suddenly returned, clearing the fence with what looked like a Pokédex.

"Let's see what we can get," he continued, scanning Charles with it. The Pokédex whirred, before intoning a few lines about Graveler's natural habits and temperament.

'It rolls on mountain paths to move. Once it builds momentum, no Pokémon can stop it without difficulty. They are so brutal, they smash aside obstructing trees and massive boulders with thunderous tackles.'

Wonhyo put down the Pokédex, conveniently out of reach of Charles. "This guy's as gentle as a Mareep. The Pokédex's shot." he complained, "Either that or he's shot. I'm going with the latter." We quickly got out of the pen before we got caught again, wondering what we could do. After all, we wanted to understand them- even though they try to crush us. A loud scream interrupted us and we saw Seongjo running with his legs all over past us. I could see an obviously-upset Sandile chewing on his rear, and Daeseong followed, watching. "Don't look at me like that. It wouldn't let go," the Dewott responded nonchalantly before we could say anything.

Since we didn't have much else to go off onto, we decided to look for Hyojong and Kyeonghwan. Wonhyo insisted it was to 'satisfy his curiosity' but we all knew that it was just to see if Hyojong had killed Kyeonghwan before this. As we paced to the towering cages of the more dangerous Pokémon, something streaked across the sky. I gazed up to see an amazing sight- a large flock of Swanna. My ears picked up what they were saying- their elusive annual migratory path to Kanto and the many spots they would make. I even caught a hint of who would be standing guard for those days.
---------
After we bunked for the night in the ranger lookout, we returned to our bodies. Wonhyo sat up, complaining of a migraine. I couldn't wait to see how the rest looked like, though. Especially Kyeonghwan- I wondered why he was this cocky. We went out, seeing Hyojong emerge from the room. We hugged, feeling great. It was good to be back in this home body. There was a loud thump inside and Hyojong flinched. "Looks like someone needs help," he responded snarkily, and our eyes followed as he reentered the room. There was a brief quarrel, and I recognised both voices easily. At last, I heard this very jarring squeak of wheels. Wonhyo seemed to know something, a trollish grin apparent on his face.

"We'd better leave before Mr. Ego sees us. He's in a wheelchair, judging from the noises in there," he breathed to me, before we tactfully skittered some distance away. At last, I could see Kyeonghwan as a human- and he was small. Wonhyo grabbed me by the arm and dragged me away before I could stare. "Are you stupid?!" he exclaimed at me once we were out of earshot, "Just pretend that we don't know about it!" He was right. If we were going to mediate we had to pretend we didn't know about stuff. I quickly changed the subject to seeing Seongjo and Daeseong, and Wonhyo agreed.

Inside, I tried to recall the migration route of Swannas, but I saw Charles's sad face. I couldn't shake that feeling off.

Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:21 am

I went to the nearest shop and bought a Growlithe Doll. I guess it was the closest I could find to something of my avatar's size. After that I cycled to the reserve, putting it in front of Charles's pen where he could reach. Charles rolled over, picking up the doll with interest. "Graah," he mumbled, surprised at the gift. "Go on, it's yours," I reassured, pushing the toy closer to him. The Graveler stared at me for a few moments, seemingly confused as to why a human was giving him a toy. He then pulled it tight, appeased. I watched as he rolled over to his glittering rock, roleplaying with it. I felt good, seeing that Charles was happy. I turned to leave, before bumping into Wonhyo. "I knew you'd turn back for that chunk of derp there," he began with a chuckle, "Come on, we're running late for the jeep ride to Nuvema Town. Lots of questions...don't ask." I tottered behind, wondering why Wonhyo was this excited in the first place.

Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:38 am

We went to Nuvema in a jeep, everyone squeezed together in their avatar forms. The driver stopped at Route 1, letting us get off before speeding into the distance. This was official. We were supposed to mingle with actual wild Pokémon and understand their habits. As I padded into the forest, I noticed some Patrats crowding around Wonhyo. After all, he seemed right at home. They jabbered something that was too scrambled to understand, before suddenly dangling Wonhyo by the foot and chanting something. "Shiny! Shiny! Shiny! King! King! King!" they chanted loudly as dragging Wonhyo into their hole. I could hear Wonhyo screaming for help from underneath, before suddenly stating that "it ain't half-bad, you know." I heaved a sigh of relief, hearing that Wonhyo was safe. Suddenly, I noticed a Lillpup staring at me.

Its comically flat face seemed to concentrate on me, but it recoiled when I moved closer. "My mamma said that I shouldn't talk to strangers," it began, before suddenly realising it had spoken. I chuckled, wagging my tail to appear friendly. "I'm a tourist here. Just waiting for the Patrats to leave my friend alone," I replied with another chuckle. The Lillipup looked mildly surprised, before suddenly bounding forward and touching noses with me. It seemed to trust my words, and began leading me elsewhere. I could hear a commotion ahead, a flock of Pidove fluttering away from the trees as a shadow loomed. The Lillipup yelped and dived behind a tree, just as the Ursaring loomed over me. Hyojong scooped me up, stating that we had to leave before I saw that the Lillipup headbutting Hyojong's leg, telling him to get away from me. A Ducklett swooped down, suddenly using Tailwind and making us move away from the route quickly. Kyeonghwan let out a triumphant quack before flying back to the jeep.

As we neared the lab, there was a sudden explosion. Junho turned to us with an urgent look on his furry face. "Get to your bodies. If your bodies die your consciousness will be trapped in this body. Go, now!" he urged, before we ran to the transportation rooms. Wonhyo and I grabbed our unconscious bodies, just as another explosion rocked the lab. My vision blurred, before I lapsed into this state of limbo.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:50 am

wow this is interesting
this is really interesting
add more information
NOW

Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:50 pm

When I finally swam back to consciousness, I found myself lying in the ruins of the transportation room. I clutched my throbbing head, sliding off the ruins. Something slapped against my back, and I turned to see...a tail. My horror mounted when I raised my supposedly-metallic arms to see paws. This can't be happening. I dug through the debris, seeing Wonhyo pop out drowsily. His eyes were dotted with the unmistakeable markings of his Patrat form, and I noticed the long claws he had grown. When he got up, I couldn't help but notice the paw beside his prosthetic leg. We stared at each other for a few moments, before the realisation sank in and we began screaming. Somehow, some way, we had fused together with our avatar forms when the explosion occurred. Wonhyo got flustered, his face turning red as he thought of a solution. Suddenly he turned to me.

"Go check on the others. If we're like this--" he cried, pointing to himself in utter dejection, "I don't want to know what happened to the others." I nodded, searching the caved-in door for an escape. At last, I recalled I was now half-Growlithe. With a sense of finality, I used Dig. Tunnelling through the debris, I managed to make an opening big enough for us to escape from. Wonhyo and I climbed out, what entering our vision was a sight of utter destruction. All the doors had collapsed inwards, trapping whoever was inside. I pawed at the door with Hyojong inside, trying to rake away the debris. It was far too thick, and soon I felt my hands...paws bleeding from the strength I used. "Hyojong...no..." I moaned, pounding the shut door with every ounce of strength I had. This couldn't end. Not now.

Wed May 01, 2013 8:56 am

More please!!

Mon May 06, 2013 10:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]