It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
The Mevia Saga (Pokemon Fan-Fic) 

This is a fan-fiction about a region called Mevia that I have created. The story entails a boy about 14, who wishes to become a pokemon master. Along the way he will meet new friends and pokemon, but he will also cross paths with the evil Team Cipher, who wishes to awaken the legendary pokemon of the Mevia region, who is said to have the power to conquer the world! Who is this mysterious pokemon that holds this power?

Table of Contents:

Last edited by Clefairies on Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:24 am, edited 15 times in total.

Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:05 pm

Mevia Region:
Spoiler: show
1. Twigrook Town (Bottom left town)
Twigrook Town is the beginning town for most trainers, and it is where professor Cyprus lives and conducts research. Professor Cyprus has a large lab filled with all kinds of pokemon, and is willing to give any of them away to new trainers as a starter.
It holds a beautiful, lush meadow full of grass and dandelions, and is surrounded by many tall trees.

2. Cobronze town (Above Twigrook)
The second town you will encounter, it is a small spiritual town where most things are bronze. There is a Pokemart and Pokecenter here. You can encounter a lot of Bronzor in this quaint little village.

3. Biyeco City (Northeast of Cobronze)
Biyeco City is a lush green paradise... and a desert.... and a tundra....
land a swamp... You guessed it! This whole city is located in a giant Biosphere! There is a Pokemart and Pokecenter here.
Leader: Rootie
Rootie is an old hippie who loves nature. Don't underestimate him, however.
Pokemon: Deerling and Nuzleaf or Beedrill (Depending on who challenges)

4. Mapleaf Village (Southeast of Biyeco)
Mapleaf Village is a beautiful village filled with many log capins, and fall-colored trees. It is always autumn in this quaint village full of dark types!
There is a Pokemart and Pokecenter here. It is possible to find the elusive Zorua somewhere in this town, but it poses as a person.
Leader: Daria
A pessimistic and always-irritated woman with a preference for dark-types.
Pokemon: Poochyena, Houndour and Zorua

5. Simmasun Town (East of Mapleaf)
Inside of a harsh desert lays a wondrous resort! Although it is blisteringly hot, the people here shrug it off and head to the beach. There are a lot of ground types and fire type pokemon here.
There is a Pokemart and Pokecenter heree.
Leader: Sasha
Sasha is a spicy Latin woman with a love for fire-types.
Pokemon: Numel, Heatmor, and Darmanitan

6. Ashfall Forest (Northeast of Simmasun)
Ashfall forest is a spooky forest filled with many ghost/dark type pokemon. There are incredibly strong pokemon in this forest and it is advised not to go through.
There is, however, a Pokemart and Pokecenter here. It takes two days to travel through this forest and three days to go around it

7. Nalvera Town (Above Ashfall)
Nalvera town is a beautiful sophisticated town located in the perfect climate-area. There is a large lake in the middle of this town, where a dragon is said to live within. Most of the people who live here practice Tai Chi to stay healthy.
There is a Pokemart and Pokecenter here.
Leader: Roxie
A passionate and strong woman who relies on her dragons.
Pokemon: Dragonair and Druddigon

8. Oakia City (Top-right dot)
Oakia city is outside of a gorgeous mountain range peaking over the whole region. You can find the gym on top of the highest mountain.
There is a Pokemart and Pokecenter here. You can not reach the gym until you find a mountain guide.
Leader: Gordon
Gordon is a mountain climber extraordinaire who loves ground-types.
Pokemon: Marowak, Stunfisk, and Gliscor

9. Thunder Dunes (West of Nalvera)
The thunder dunes are part of a small desert filled with electric type pokemon. There is a strong magnetic charge here that attracts them.
It takes a few days to make it through.

10. Costa Coast (Northwest of Thunder Dunes)
Costa Coast is a tropical beach located up north, yet it is still warm. The salty air is like a rough embrace.
There is a Pokemart and Pokecenter here. You should visit the beach early, otherwise it will be too stormy for a swim.
Leader: Mazy
A huge fan of Misty who mimics her preference in water types.
Pokemon: Gyarados, Dewgong, Seadra, and Mantine

11. New Violet City (Southwest of Costa Coast)
New Violet City was named after the city in Johto, it was founded by Falkner's son, Avery is the mayor of this city.
There is a Pokemart and Pokecenter here.
Leader: Avery
A busy mayor who can't balance pokemon and business. He loves flying types.
Pokemon: Skarmory, Noctowl, Braviary, Mandibuzz

12. Oran Island (Largest island)
This lush, tropical island is easy to be mistaken for paradise. This island is filled with psychic types and ghosts.
There is a Poke Center and Pokemart here.
Leader: Ashley
A strange little girl with odd powers and a preference for ghosts...
Pokemon: Spiritomb, Gengar, Zoroark, Drifblim, and Golurk

13. Pokemon League (Smaller island)
The pokemon league here doesn't have a 'victory road' like most others, but instead it has a long sea journey filled with caves, whirlpools, currents, and trainers to get through!

Legendary Fakemon
???
Dragon/Normal
Nature Pokemon
"Despite this pokemon's benign appearance, it holds devastating power and a nasty temper. It can control natural forces at will."
7'03
536 lbs
Ability: Natural Selection (Like forecast but doesn't change forms, just type)
Attacks: Weather Ball, Hail, Rain Dance, Sandstorm, Sunny Day, Nature Power, Secret Power, Dragon Rage, Outrage, Twister, Hurricane, Thunder, Blizzard, etc
-Castform's/Other Dragon's TM's
-Strength, Cut, Fly, Defog, Rock Smash, Surf, Whirlpool

Fakemon:
Snufflet
Type: Normal
PokeDex: Snout Pokemon
Height: 1'10
Weight: 36 lbs
Ability: Pickup
Attacks: Odor Sleuth, Growl, Tail Whip, Charm, Pound, Slam, Tackle, Attract, Take Down, Power Whip, Covet, etc.
-Many elemental TMs
-Surf, Strength, Rock Smash, Whirpool, Flash

Volstag
Type: Electric
PokeDex: Jackalope Pokemon
"Using the two purple horns on its head, it can fire out the electricity stored in its tail."
Height: 2'2
Weight: 24 lbs
Ability: Static
Attacks: Thundershock, Growl, Tail Whip, Electroball, Pound, Horn Attack, Thunder Wave, Double Team, Discharge, Jump Kick, etc.
-Pikachu's TM's
-Cut, Rock Smash

Blockle
Type: Bug/Rock
PokeDex: Mold Pokemon
"The helmet it wears is used to close up its shell to avoid predators"
Height: 8"
Weight: 14 lbs
Ability: Sturdy
Evolves into Shuckle with Happiness, can only be bred with a "Moldy Incense"
Attacks: Encore, Charm, Acid Spray, Struggle Bug, Copycat, Bug Bite.
-Shuckle's TM's minus stronger ones
-No HM's

Myarn (Mee-arn)
Type: Normal
PokeDex: Yarn Pokemon
"The thick, tangled, fur on its body is extremely tough and is used for protection and insulation."
Height: 1'08
Weight: 45 lbs
Ability: Sturdy or Static
Attacks: Scratch, Leer, Rollout, Slash, Nigh Slash, Assist, Covet, Body Slam, etc
-Delcatty/Purugly's TM's
-Strength, Cut

Characters:
Seth Woodrow
Quote:
Seth Woodrow:
Height: 5'2
Weight: 109 lbs
Eyes: Hazel
Hair: Sandy brown, tousled & shortish.
Top: White T-shirt with a red long-sleeved flannel over it, unbuttoned with sleeves roleld up.
Bottom: light jeans, not tight but not baggy.
Voice: Cracks often, seems very unsure of himself.
Skin: Tan

Bag: Potion x2, Notebook, Pokeball x3, Fresh Water x2
Money: $250

Pokemon:
Jacob,
Headbutt, Bite, Leer

Lacey Mauvier
Quote:
Lacey Mauvier:
Height: 4'11
Weight: 129 lbs
Eyes: Brown, framed with red glasses
Hair: Light Brown bob-ish hair.
Top: White A-line dress with lavender floral swirls adorning it. Indigo belt around waist.
Voice: High pitched and excitable.
Skin: Light-skinned.

Bag: Potion x3, Full Heal x2, Pokeball x5, Pink Scarf, Soda Pop x3, Nugget
Money: $2000

Pokemon:
Truffles,
Pound, Odor Sleuth, Charm

Last edited by Clefairies on Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:08 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:05 pm

Chapter One: The Start of an Adventure!

Drip. The sound broke through the perfect silence of the boy's room. It began to pick up speed, and gained a constant patter. Drip Drip Drip. Thud. Along the drips came a thud that smacked against the condensation-covered window. The rain became constant, and eventually became annoying enough to wake the boy up. He savored the warmth of his bed before removing his blanket and letting the cool air hit his half-naked body. He pulled on a shirt and some jeans before heading downstairs to grab some breakfast. Today was going to be a big day.

Seth was a young boy, about fourteen, and had lived in a wondrous world full of pokemon. Normally at age ten, you are allowed to receive a pokemon and travel the world with your new partner, but in the region of Mevia it was different. You had to wait until you were fourteen to become an official trainer, and Seth had been fourteen for six hours and thirty-two minutes now. The sandy-haired youth chowed down on the stack of pancakes his mother had made him before either of them said a word.
"Today's the day..." His mother said, sounding tired and worried.
"Shyur uhss muphm" The boy said before downing a glass of Oran juice to help swallow the big bite of pancakes.
"Sure is mom," he corrected himself, "I finally get to go out and become a trainer!" He was very excited, and there was a fire in his eyes. His mother sighed and pushed some of her graying brown hair behind her ear.
"Well after you get your pokemon, come back home for a bit... kay?" She asked, trying to reassure herself that he will come back to say bye.
"I will mom, don't worry." He smiled an assuring smile and ran to go put his shoes on. Upon opening the door, a cool breeze and some rain flew into the open doorway.
"Take an umbrella..." His mom pointed towards a hat rack where one hung. Seth grabbed onto it and opened it. He almost made it out of the doorway before another interruption.
"Love you." She said to him.
"I love you too, mom." He told her, leaving for real this time and closing the door behind him.

-------

Twigrook town was truly a beautiful little town that was located in a cloudy meadow. They got cool rain almost every day, and there were always people and pokemon out and about. There were few paths in the town, so you could usually tell whether someone is from there by their shoes. Always muddy.
"Come on Truffles!" The girl excitably shouted, almost skipping while she hurried ahead of her Snufflet. The plump little pink pokemon squealed with delight, almost as happy as Lacey was. Lacey was a bit plump, and she was always rosy and full of energy.
"Snuffluffluff!" Truffles snorted while she followed along with her stubby legs.

Lacey had received her pokemon not more than five minutes ago, and was now on her way home to show her parents the pokemon Professor Cyprus gave her. She was sure they would love Truffles! Someone seemed to be dashing even faster than Lacey, and splashed mud all over her legs.
"Hey!" She shouted, turning around to see a boy with an umbrella running toward the lab.
"That darn kid is always in a hurry. Not like us, huh Truffles?" She asked while she (ironically) kept hurrying along.

Before they entered the home, Lacey stopped when she noticed she couldn't hear her Snufflet behind her.
"Truffles?" She asked, turning around to see her little pokemon rolling in the mud and using her trunk to dig around.
"Ew what are you doing?!" She exclaimed, running towards the pokemon to scoop her out and clean her off. Upon lifting her, a shiny object was in her trunk's grasp. A gold nugget. Lacey could not believe her eyes.

-------

"PROFESSOR!" A shout echoed throughout the lab while the squeaking of wet sneakers came along. Seth had burst into the cold laboratory and ran down the front hall to the back room, where the Professor usually is.
"Prof-" Seth began to shout.
"What?!" An older man yelled, a bit ticked off. He stood up, and revealed himself to be the Professor himself. He was a towering figure, and looked almost to much like a mountain man to be a scientist.
"S-sorry sir I-I came here to ge-get a pokemon?" Seth became timid after seeing the irritated expression on Cyprus's face, but he soon saw Cyprus was just kidding and broke into a laugh.
"What's your name, boy?" He asked in a booming voice, patting Seth on the back while chuckling.
"Seth. Seth Woodrow. I am going to become the champion of the Mevia region!" He shouted and looked off into the ceiling, as if talking to a giant. The Professor laughed.
"You've got big dreams kid. And I've got a pokemon with big dreams fer ya'!" He patted Seth again and went into a room on the other side of the hall.

Last edited by Clefairies on Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:56 pm

I like this idea so far...very elaborate what with all the description and information about the region you included. I am also very interested in the Fakemon aspect of this new region and was wondering if you would accept ideas/suggestions/a Fakemon from others (I absolutely loooovveee Snufflet btw~)....

Follow Me on Tumblr

Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:17 pm

Yes I will accept suggestions/help. I am looking to sprite all of the fakemon via splicing/scratch.
PM me instead of posting here.

youtube
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:20 pm

Chapter Two: Big Dreams

"What an adorable little thing!" Lacey's mother cooed.
"An adorable pokemon for my adorable little girl!" Her father chimed in. Her parents continued to compliment her and her pokemon, but she was distracted by the heavy round ball of gold in her bag. How did Truffles find this? Should she tell someone? No. This would be her secret. Her smile widened as she fumbled around with the ball in her bag, but she soon snapped out of her trance when Truffles nudged her pudgy ankle.
"Snuf?" She asked, as she could smell the nugget in her bag. Lacey motioned with her finger to shush the small pokemon before her parents came back into the room with some trainer's supplies. She was given a new pair of running shoes, some medicine, a few pokeballs, some snacks, and a rather large sum of money. After thank you's and goodbye's she finally left her house and began to walk. She didn't really even head out of the town, she just walked around with her pokemon.

She knew where to head form here- to Cobronze town and then to Biyeco, where she would challenge the gym, but she wasn't so sure of herself now. She didn't know much about battling or pokemon for that matter. She knew what she needed was a pokedex, but she didn't have enough money for one. If she could get her hands on one of those she would be one step closer to being an actual trainer!

-------

"Big dreams?" Seth asked himself before the Professor left the room. He was gone a rather long time, or at least it felt that way, so Seth sat down on a comfortable chair and just stared at the wall. He thought about himself as the champion of the region, with a powerful pokemon at his side.
"Charizard? Hydreigon? Machamp?" He wondered. He had hoped for a strong pokemon like that.
"Here ya' go." His dreams were pushed away as reality came back in and a pokeball bonked his head and landed in his lap.
"Ouch.." He said, rubbing his head.
"Sorry Chet- er.. Seth" The man corrected himself and patted the boy.
"Go ahead... Send it out!" Cyprus was very excited to see Seth's reaction.
"Well here goes nothing!" Seth stood up and pressed the button in the middle of the ball, enlarging it, and throwing it to an empty corner of the room. He shielded his eyes from the explosion of white light that ensued.

"BAAAAGON!" The little blue dinosaur pokemon roared as he was released. Seth rubbed his eyes to make sure he was seeing things right. This thing was a joke. Big head. No tail. No wings.
"Thanks..." Seth said dryly, all of his enthusiasm lost. Big dreams? Of course this thing dreams big! It sucks!
"Bagon, like you Seth, is a dreamer," The professor noticed Seth's unsatisfied look, "You want to defy all odds and become champion? Well Bagon wants to defy all odds and fly!" He held his arms out wide like wings. Bagon mimicked him and jumped up, falling on his hard head.
"Cool." Seth replied, leaving the lab. Bagon excitedly followed along behind and marveled at his new trainer. He was a bit irritated that this ugly duckling was following him, so he turned around quickly and pressed the button on the pokeball.
"BAA-" The Bagon was interrupted and absorbed into the ball. Seth stormed inside of his home, tossing the wet umbrella to the floor and tracking mud up to his room. He faceplanted back into his bed.
"Seth?! Honey what's wrong?" His mother asked, sitting beside his face-down body.
"I... MMPH... LE..." He mumbled into the pillow, then lifting his head to repeat himself in an intelligible sentence, "I'm never going to become champion of Mevia with... THIS!" He rolled the ball across the floor rather hard, and Bagon busted out.
"BAG!" The pokemon shouted, dancing around.
"Oh dear!" His mother shouted, jumping a bit, but then realized it wasn't scary or weak looking, "What exactly, is wrong with this pokemon?" She asked kind of upset with Seth.
"Apparently since I have big dreams, I get an ugly pokemon that spends all day jumping off of cliffs!" His mom looked puzzled.
"It thinks it can fly." He elaborated and she nodded. His mom stood up, about to leave the room before saying something.
"You know, maybe it was expecting someone who would teach him how to fly, just like you were expecting it to make you champion. Maybe it was disappointed at first, but at least it looks willing to give you a chance." And with that, she left downstairs to clean up the footprints.

Seth sat up after that and looked to Bagon. It seemed pretty excited to have him as a trainer, so maybe he should be excited to have Bagon?
"Sorry about earlier Bagon..." He started, crouching down, "I'm Seth. I want to become champion of the Mevia region!" He grinned.
"Bag bag!" Bagon said, flapping his arms and jumping. "And I wish to fly!" The Bagon said to him. Seth stood up and put his shoes back on, he walked to his desk and shoveled supplies into his bag before slinging it over his shoulder.
"Come on Bagon, we're going to start an adventure. You and me!" The sandy-haired boy said, standing tall. Bagon pursued him as fast as he could as Seth rushed down the stairs to his mother.
"Mom! We're going to go now! Love you! See you soon! I will call when I get to Cobronze!" He shouted on the way out.
'Seth-" His mom began, but couldn't finish since the door had closed. In her hands she clutched a badge case, which had belonged to her late husband, Seth's father. She wanted to let him have the badges for good luck.

youtube
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Last edited by Clefairies on Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:54 am

Oooh, loving the story so far! I guess Truffles must have the Pickup ability, which sort of makes it like the Phanphy of your region, huh? And I love how you incorporated Seth's desire to be champion and his wish of owning a flying Pokemon by giving him Bagon, which will give him both, if he learns to be patient enough and raise his Bagon to be really strong.

Now it's time for my speculation: Is Chet- Seth's father? The professor started to call Seth that and since you hadn't mentioned his father yet I assumed that must have been him and then his mother and badge case scene seemed to confirm my suspicions a bit more...

Follow Me on Tumblr

Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:43 pm

You are correct. There will be flashbacks including his father later in the story.
Chet and Seth are somewhat anagrams for each other in terms of pronunciation, as Chet mixed up spells Ceth

youtube
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:06 am

Chapter Three: Jacob

It didn't take long to get out of Twigrook town and into the first route leading out of there. It was a very pleasant walk as well, which Seth should cherish as he won't get many more walks that short and calm. The beautiful meadow scenery changed into a series of hills and trees with a path diverging around and over a small stream. Bagon had never been out of the lab before, so this was all very exciting for him.
"Bag?" The pokemon asked, prodding his head into Seth's thigh.
"What is it... er... I just realized I haven't named you yet!" He changed the subject accidentally. Bagon didn't seem to notice as he wasn't the smartest pokemon around.
"Gongon~" The pokemon grew excited and jumped up and down. He was excited to receive a nickname, but that was no different from the excitement he got from almost everything.
"Well, how about-" The boy was cut off by a horrible screech, and he cringed, covering his ears. He looked around for the cause of the noise. Ahead he saw a girl who looked rather frantic, so he rushed over to her.
"What's wrong!?" He asked, extremely concerned for the girl, as the scream she emitted was almost inhuman. The girl was startled by his sudden question, as she thought she was alone.
"What do you mean!?" She asked in a startled manner then turned around to face her Snufflet and the pokemon she had encountered. The Larvitar was gone.
"Look what you did!" She shouted, stepping closer to him, "You let that Larvitar get away! I was going to catch it!" And with that Seth realized the screech probably came from the Larvitar during the battle, but why was she being so rude? He didn't know she was even battling.
"Well sor-ry!" Is all he could think of. He didn't even know if he should be sorry since he had only wanted to help.
"Sorry doesn't get that pokemon back! I was so close too!" She shouted and began to turn away to pout.
"Don't be such a baby!" Seth shouted back to her in retaliation, "I apologized! What else do you want me to do?"
"I don't want anything from you!" She started, but then realized she was being foolish, "Look. I'm sorry for overreacting... It's no big deal I'm just having a bad day."
Seth noticed the instant change of tone in her voice, and then assumed she wanted him to ask her what was wrong. That is usually how girls worked in his experience.
"Um. What's the matter?" he asked, but didn't care much. He wished he never asked that, because she went on forever.
"So like I got my first pokemon today and I should be like totally excited right? But I don't feel excited..." She kept going, and Seth tuned in and out, "I'm so unsure of myself as a trainer now and like..." She went on for a few minutes until something caught Seth's ear, "I don't even know how to battle-" Seth decided to stop her there.
"Never battled? Me neither!" he said, "How about we battle each other as practice?" He suggested. She looked a bit unsure, but then nodded and followed Seth to a clearing.
"I'm Lacey, and this is Truffles my Snufflet" She said, and her pokemon snorted happily.
"I'm Seth and this is... my Bagon" He replied, remembering he needed to name his pokemon.

Once the two reached an ideal spot for battling, they stood about 15 feet apart from each other and readied themselves. Bagon and Seth looked very determined, while Lacey and Truffles looked almost confused.
"Okay, you can go first!" Seth called out to Lacey, and she nodded.
"Truffles! Can you try a pound attack?" She asked, rather than commanded. Her pokemon nodded and trotted towards the Bagon with her trunk coiled. With a quick lashing of her head, her trunk uncoiled to be almost as long as her body and pounded Bagon square in the face, knocking him into the dirt. Seth looked surprised.
"Okay my turn! Bagon use-" He stopepd himself, remembering he had no idea what his Bagon could do. He had a big hard head, so maybe he could headbutt.
"Headbutt!" He finished. Bagon growled his name ferociously and charged at Truffles with his head placed forward. Lacey closed her eyes and shouted "Pound! Pound! Pound!" in a panic. Truffles obeyed her trainer and began to hop backwards and bat away the Bagon every time he drew near, but it didn't last long, as Bagon managed to ram her and she tumbled back.
"Snuff!" She whined and stood up. Without orders, she began to bat her eyelashes and her eyes glowed pink. She was using charm to try and lower the Bagon's effort to harm her. It worked on the dimwitted blue dragon.
"Bagon try a bite!" Seth commanded, but Bagon ignored him while in his charmed state.
"Finish it with another pound!" Lacey shouted, sounding more confident than ever. Her Snufflet let out a battle cry before delivering a direct blow to Bagon's stomach, knocking him backwards and causing him to roll a few times. Bagon could barely stand. This battle kind of crushed Seth's hopes for his Bagon, but at least he had helped this girl.
"Sorry for the overkill." She said while approaching the Bagon. She tossed Seth a potion before spraying her Snufflet with one. Seth copied her and sprayed his own pokemon.
"Bagbag!" Bagon was good as new and back to his usual self. Seth chuckled a bit before deciding something.
"I think I will call you Jacob." Seth didn't know why he had decided that, but Jacob looked like a Jacob to him.

Seth and Lacey had some unspoken mutual agreement that they would walk to Cobronze together, or at least Seth thought so because they had started walking north on the route and haven't diverged from each other.
"So what's your dream Seth?" Lacey asked, breaking the silence.
"To become the champion of Mevia! Oh and teach Jacob how to fly." Lacey gave him a weird look at the second part, "when he evolves into Salemence I mean!" He corrected himself and chuckled.
"Well I hope you succeed at both of your goals." Lacey smiled.
"What is your dream?" Seth asked her.
"I don't know yet. I was waiting for life to take me where I need to go, but today I learned that destiny won't do all of the work for you." Lacey told him, but Seth didn't know exactly what she meant by all of that. He wondered if meeting her was destined, but more in a platonic kind of way, as travelling companions to train together. He wasn't romantically interested in her, which was surprising since the hormonal boy tried to impress every girl he met, but Lacey was different.

youtube
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:48 pm

Yay for update!

First battle, that's exciting and very well done. And I'm glad Seth's Bagon finally has a name and that Lacey and Seth will be travelling together. Also, oooh "He wasn't romantically interested in her, which was surprising since the hormonal boy tried to impress every girl he met, but Lacey was different" ....I just about died at that line.

Also, I have mixed feelings about Jacob learning to fly now. I wanted him to and I really thought it would be funny because Seth seemed so oblivious and hadn't yet voiced his realization that Bagon evolves into Salamence (because he seemed so surprised that Bagon wanted to fly and all) but now that he knows, it makes me sad, because I was hoping he wouldn't realize until Jacob finally did evolve into a Salamence and then he would have a total jawdroptotaldisbeliefnowaywhattheheck moment...but oh well...I guess he's not really that oblivious...

I also saw that you updated the Legendary Fakemon section with a new, yet to be named Fakemon. YAY! Kinda cute but with a special mysticism and unique design. I could definitely see Lacey wanting this Pokemon...

So yeah...keep up the good work!

Follow Me on Tumblr

Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:00 am

Thanks. There is a lot of things that go on outside of the story, such as Seth knowing so much about Bagon after being told almost nothing.
I like to keep it third person but not completely omniscient so there can be things they know that even I (the narrator) am not aware of.

youtube
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:50 am

Chapter 4 is coming, sorry it slowed down, I don't like to set dates or else it becomes work.
Keep checking this post for chapter 4.

youtube
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:10 am

Yay for update soon!

Follow Me on Tumblr

Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:20 am

Just wanted to say I'm interested in the progress of this fanfic as well. Necroposting [sorta] in hopes to see a new update soon, but that doesn't mean you should rush, Clefairies!! Go at your own pace, but yeah I shall also check from time to time~

Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:51 am
Profile WWW

Chapter Four: Gold Rush

The two had reached Cobronze town a few hours after initially beginning their walk. They had chatted quite a lot about their lives and told each other secrets. They were becoming rather fast friends! Jacob and Truffles were a bit different, as the dim and hard-headed dragon had a hard time keeping up with the intelligent Snufflet. She would often play chase with him, but her superior mind always allowed her to outsmart him. The town was a very hilly and green place that seemed to have a few houses on each grassy hill. Far away was a huge bell tower that chimed loudly.

"Let's head to the pokemon center, I'm beat!" Seth said, jogging forward towards a large red sign. Lacey followed along and took this as an invitation to travel with him for a while. When they entered the nurse showed them to their own rooms to stay in. She explained new trainers always got a freebie. They showered and then came out to eat dinner, but both agreed a rest is what they needed. The starry sky soon fell down beneath the horizon and the sun pushed its way up to greet them. Seth had met Lacey at breakfast and they both decided to explore the town.

While walking, they entered a more urbanized area, where hills were crushed flat and the street was lined with shops. There were all kinds of advertisements everywhere, and that's when they came across the Pokemart. They entered looking for trainer supplies, but were unsure what to buy.
"New trainers, eh?" A rather chubby man with a balding head asked. He was the shopkeeper.
"What? Yeah." Seth asked/answered defensively. Lacey also chimed in with a 'Yes~".
"Well then you might need some pokeballs. Those are used to-"
"I know what pokeballs are for." Seth snapped, "I'm not dumb, I'm just new."
"Well you can't call yourself a trainer without a pokedex... Please tell me you have one?" The shopkeeper chuckled.
Seth frowned, "Well I don't but-" He was interrupted.
"Well then here's your chance! For just $3000 you can be the owner of a brand new pokedex!" The man smiled wide and pointed to a poster showing the latest model. Seth frowned and so did Lacey, and after whispering to each other, she spoke.
"Sorry sir, we don't have that kind of money." Lacey said, "Seth only has 250 and I have two-thou... I mean 200." She corrected herself. She was afraid of getting conned into losing her hard-earned 2000 dollars. SHe heard most marts were full of con men. With that the Shopkeeper ushered them out saying he had no time for lookie-loos.

"I'm so bummed that Pokedex's are so expensive." Seth said, "We'll never get one at that price..."
"We?" Lacey asked.
"Well... Yeah... I thought we could travel together and... you know... Share one?" He seemed nervous, as he assumed she had the same game plan.
"Of course we can travel together!" Lacey hugged him sightly but then remembered the pokedex, "It sure is a shame that they are so expensive, if only we hit some kind of gold rush we'd be rich enough to afford that!" She laughed.
Seth laughed too, and they both talked about how they'd be able to buy a million pokedexes. That's when Lacey remembered the nugget Truffles had found.
"Wait! I know what we can do!" Lacey shouted, startling the pedestrians nearby, but soon lowered her voice, "I have this..." She said, holding out the ball of solid gold from her bag.
"That's amazing! Where did you get it!?" Seth asked in amazement, and when Lacey told him Truffles had found it he had a plan.
"Before we sell it, we should go see if she can find more!" Seth suggested. Lacey grew just as excited and they both ran out of the urban area and towards a grassy area where no houses were yet built. Little did they know a shady man had caught sight of the nugget. He slowly followed them, being as inconspicuous as possible. The Cipher member smiled devilishly.

Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:07 pm

Short. Suspenseful. To the point. Awwwwe~ They're sharing one Pokedex? Soooo cute~ Though...odd that they don't get one from the Professor...hmm, I do hope they catch something soon~

Follow Me on Tumblr

Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:17 pm

Well the reason most people get a pokedex in canon is because the professor wants them to fill the pages, but we can assume the pages are already filled so the Professor doesn't just hand them out since they are expensive pieces of equipment.
Trust me, they are going to catch something soon.

youtube
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:51 am

Chapter Five: Shadows

The two friends had reached a rather nice, flat clearing in the city of hills and trees. The autumn's array of oranges and yellows coated the ground and the trees. The grounds covering made it harder to sniff out items, but Truffles did her job well. She had found many useless things like broken toys and used potions, but that wasn't the point- They now knew that they could possibly become even richer if Truffles can find more gold!

The man who had followed them now knew it was okay to reveal himself. Nobody would see them over the hills or hear them over the loud rustling leaves that seemed to drown out all of the town's noise. He wore all black, his tight black pants tucked into black boots, and a black long-sleeved shirt tucked into his pants. He had a purple belt on and a jean-jacket that seemed to make him look less sinister. He removed a pokeball from his belt and allowed his Kecleon to walk beside him. The pokemon was strange. Its body had a strange aura, and it was modified genetically to not have the red stripe his species is known for.

"Hey kiddos." The man said in a rusty voice. The two almost jumped out of their skin because he surprised them, but they soon realized he was just another trainer. Snufflet and Bagon both stood by their trainers.
"Whatcha got there?" The man asked Lacey, who clutched the nugget in her hand. She grew nervous and put it in her bag.
"Oh nothing it was just an old-" He cut her off and was notably angry.
"I know what it is. Hand it over and I won't hurt you." He snickered.
"O-okay..." Lacey said, absolutely terrified. She almost approached the man, but Seth stood between them.
"No!" The boy shouted, "Back off it's ours!" He tried to tell the man off, but only made him angry.
"Kecleon," He said, "Shadow sneak." he ordered. The Kecleon vanished and soon struck Seth square in the chest, knocking him backwards. He couldn't see the pokemon that was attacking him! Bagon instantly got defensive and charged at the man who called the shots, but he was struck by the Kecleon and knocked back as well.

Soon, Lacey realized it was up to her to defend herself while her friends recovered from the surprise attacks. She didn't really know what to do.
"Ummm" She started, but when she heard quick footsteps she closed her eyes tight and yelled a command.
"Odor Sleuth!" She shouted, and the Snufflet instantly locked onto Kecleon's scent and was able to dodge the upcoming attack! Truffles was too slow to hit sucha pokemon, so she got an idea.
"Seth!" She caleld.
"Yeah?" He asked, standing up alongside his bagon.
"Truffles can tell you're Bagon where the Kecleon is, but Jacob has to attack since he is faster!" She said. Seth smiled that she was so smart, and soon he called the shots.
"Truffles, stick to Jacob!" He told her, and she listened to him.

When the Kecleon came in for another attack, The Snufflet pointed with her snout and squealed, causing the Bagon to run in that direction with a Headbutt. The attack took the Kecleon by surprise and knocked the wind right out of it. As it lay trying to catch its breath, it reverted back to normal coloring.
"You worthless little-" He said to the Kecleon before moving towards the kids ready to beat them himself.
"SNUFFLET!" The small pokemon shrieked as he closed in on Lacey, and she lashed at the back of his ankle with her long trunk, causing him great pain and to fall over. Jacob then decided a headbutt would knock him out like his Kecleon, so he slammed his head against the man who struggled to get up.

---

Later on the two had hurried to the pokemon center, terrified of their experience. The police said they couldn't find the man, but they saw footprints of other who must have taken him to safety. They were afraid that the Kecleon man was now probably looking for them. Lacey worked to calm Seth, who seemed to be more afraid than she was.

They had ended up selling the Nugget to a collector, and they returned to the mart. They argued over what color pokedex to buy, but since Lacey was the one with the money, Seth ultimately agreed to settle for a purple-ish, since it was kind of pink like she wanted and it was kind of blue like he wanted. The man was shocked they came up with the money, but he didn't bother asking questions and just handed over the pokedex. The two decided now that there was a pokedex between them, they could be real trainers.

---

They set off once again to the last spot they were at when they were confronted. They had convinced themselves that he wouldn't expect them to come back since they were so scared. Seth lead the way further into the forested area so they could look for some new pokemon. Lacey said he could go first with the pokedex to find a pokemon he wanted since he was the one who saved them from Kecleon-man. He began to point it in every direction to see if he could find a pokemon.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:16 am

appearance of the evil gangs in Mevia?! [maybe]

Also, purple pokedex is the best colour ever~ :dowant:

Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:33 am
Profile WWW

Purple is the bestest color, Genepe. Definitely. And I love how they worked together to defeat the man and his Keckleon. Very impressive though....ouch, why did Seth have to headbutt the guy too? Double ouch...

Very excited to see more soon~

Follow Me on Tumblr

Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]