It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Kanto: The Journey Begins (An adaptation of the popular RP) 

LINDA

Linda arrived at the crossroads to Viridian City just before dusk. Being an adventuring type of girl, she could really count her blessings with having Ollie, her Onix. The giant rocky brute was decievingly playful and gentle, that was until he was provoked. Linda stowed away the night by building a shelter out of Ollie. The rock type curled up and she cast a blanket around the top making a sort of earthy tent. With a tap to the side, Linda signaled goodnight and the both of them slumbered the night away eager to continue on thier way towards Viridian.

But the morning would not bid well for them. Linda was woken by the sudden rumbles of her Onix moving about. She gasped as sunlight peered in from the now open blanket above.

"Hey! What's the big idea you lug?" But her Ollie didn't reply. He had his eyes fixated on something. "What is it boy?" She climbed the rocky crevaces of his body until she reached his head, holding onto the spike for support. She was about 20 feet in the air looking in the same direction as her beloved Pokemon but couldn't see anything. Suddenly something glinted in the far distance and a massive angular figure shot out of the tall grass surrounding them. It rose several meters into the air before crashing back down to the earth.

"What is that?" Linda asked. For the first time, her Onix made a noise, a low grumbling noise that was meant as a warning. Whatever it was, Ollie didn't like it. Time and time again, the figure burst out of the grass only to abruptly come back crashing to the ground. Linda fumbled for her Pokedex but was having a hard time locking onto the moving target. It was also just out of range of the Pokedex's laser recognition software so the device simply stated: "No Entity Detected" in its mechanical voice. Linda twitched her own mechanical arm but not through will. She looked down at her arm and sure enough, the small elaborate pulleys that controled its fingers were twitching slightly as the thing in the distance gained altitude.

"What is that?" She asked herself again this time holding her prosthetic with her other arm. Whatever it was, it was messing with her arm. Suddenly, the thing made a bee line straight for the duo crashing down a few yards away in the tall grass. Sparks erupted from Linda's mechanical arm and the mechanisms haywired causing the thing to flail about. "HEY!" she exclaimed in surprise. Before she knew it, Ollie was already on his way to investigate.

They came upon a medium sized crater but the dust obscured what lay on the bottom. All Linda could see was that it was metalic. She jumped when a pair of unsavory red glowing eyes peered up at them. At that moment, the dust cleared revealing a strange blue object with legs. Linda had never seen anything like it.

"Is... is that a Pokemon?" taking advantage of the still moment, she aimed her Pokedex at the anomaly. This time, the device identified the target.

"Metagross: The Iron Leg Pokemon. It is comprised of four Beldum or two Metang, its previous evolutions. Due to having four functioning brains, it is quite intelligent. Its mind consists of a vast cerebral network which not only allows it to manipulate gravity and psychic energies, but compute at speeds that rival a supercomputer. It is known to use its overbearing weight to trap its victims while it eats them alive. Known to be incredibly agressive, extreme caution is advised."

Linda gulped, something she rarely ever did. However, given the circumstances, Ollie was relatively new to the battling scene and this was a seasoned fully evolved Pokemon with the intelligence of a supercomputer. Did she dare take it on? If it attacked, she would have no choice. A spark emanated from one of the creature's feet causing Linda's arm to again jolt. She winced at the pain it caused her upper arm but tried getting a closer look. There was some sort of half broken electrical collar on the Pokemon's feet. The strange black device was currently sending shocks to its wearer it seemed. This infuriated Linda. If there was one thing she hated was the abuse of Pokemon.

"Ollie use Rock Throw at the collar!" The Rock Snake Pokemon gave her a warning glare but Linda glared back. The rock beast sighed before expertly lifting a rock and chucking it at high speed towards the collar. It smashed the collar directly and the device snapped off. Now things could go two ways Linda deduced. The Metagross could flee or it would fight. She figured since the attack wasn't geared directly at the Steel Type and the fact that it was an ineffective attack due to its typing that the Metagross would flee. However, she was gravely wrong.

The Metagross opened its gaping maw and began charging a ball of energy. It seemed hostile to anything around it. Linda quickly shot out her Pokedex and it rung out. "Hyper Beam. One of the most powerful attacks Pokemon can know. It consists of a concentrated beam of raw destructive and explosive energy, possibly antimatter." Linda gulped once again but a rustling in the grass interupted the fight. The Metagross, thinking it was out numbered uncharged and gave Linda a warning glance. She put her hands up defensively. Upon taking notice of her arm, it floated upwards, tucking its legs in. It flew quickly, stopping to hover inches away from the girl's face before zinging her metalic arm. Linda deduced it must have been some sort of thank you since the beast casually floated away into the sun shortly after.

She sighed, catching her breath from the ordeal and patted Ollie on the side who le her down. "Not bad for our first encounter eh boy?" Ollie smiled but was aware of its trainer's jarred state and nudged her from behind. "Haha alright Ollie." But both of them had forgotten about the shaking grass until it was right in front of them. Linda didn't know what to expect and readied herself as her Rock type did the same. A casual looking male with crazy black hair stepped out of the grass looking upwards.

"I wonder what that was?" He said to himself. "Ah well, it's gone know right Bagon?" A small blue reptilian creature waddled out of the grass raising one of its stubby arms to concur. "Hey Manta! Hurry up already!"

In the background. "Oh sorry, umm.. OUCH!! AH!! Okay, I'm here." Another very boyish looking guy came out of the tall grass. He was followed by a loudly squaking bird which mimicked him hilariously. "Chatot!! OUCH AH!!" It landed on his shoulder with a whistle. It eagerly began pulling the sticky thorns out of the lad's jacket. "Kaiser? Can we go a simpler route, you know, one without the thorns?"

Kaiser, the first boy, scoffed rubbing his nose. "You can't become the best without hardship. Taking the high road, that's what I do." Manta smiled weakly and became the first to notice Linda and her Onix standing akwardly in the background. "AH A MONSTER!!" Kaiser turned.

"Hm? Not a monster, its an Onix." Linda blinked. "My name's Linda and this is Onix."

"Nice to meetcha Linda," he chuckled at the rhyme, "I'm Kaiser, like the dragon and this is Manta like the... Manta? Anyways this is my partner Bagon and the mouthy Chatot over there is Manta's" The bird cocked its head in Kaiser's direction.

"Rawk, Kaiser.... I'm Kaiser... mouthy."

"Grr, quiet bird." Linda gave a chuckly. These two were...strange. Kaiser's Bagon approached and Linda took the opportunity to use her Dex again.

"Bagon: The Rock Head Pokemon. Contrary to its namesake, this Pokemon is a pure Dragon type. However, thier heads are hard as steel which makes thier method of greeting a painful one." At that moment Onix roared. Apparently the Bagon head ramed it as a greeting but Ollie didn't much care for that. He swatted at the little dragon before retreating behind Linda earning a glare from Kaiser. Linda rolled her eyes as she investigated Chatot.

"Chatot: The Music Note Pokemon. Defensive in nature, it mimics the cries of stronger Pokemon in order to drive threats away. It is capable of using human speech with a devasting effect. It is the only Pokemon known to use the move Chatter."

"Interesting." Linda noted. "A defensive and offensive Pokemon traveling together. Suddenly Ollie nudged her. "What is it boy?" He led the group to a nearby patch of grass. Linda gasped. There seemed to be a plethora of eggs, at least three of them. The rest were smashed by the rampaging Metagross from earlier. No doubt the mothers were driven away. It seemed as if all three eggs were of complete different species. Linda fell to the floor.

"What a day."

ImageImageImage

Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:53 am

*clapclap*!!
Yay :D Kaisers and Mantas debut! <3

Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:57 pm
Profile WWW

smiley face! :yay:

Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:51 am
Profile WWW

I finally did it...so here he is...

Husk!

Follow Me on Tumblr

Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:21 pm

meh... i like mine =3

Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:18 am
Profile WWW

Ladies Ladies you're both pretty lol.

Image[/size][/center]

J

A new trainer in the midst of a perilous journey, one could say J was somewhat "less than exstatic," as his brother would put it, to start his journey. However, the easy to anger J fell once again for one of his brother's bets. As such, he is now very well under way to Viridian City with his newly acquired Piplup. The spry little thing seemed to march while it walked alongside its new trainer no doubt eager for the world that lay before them. J sighed.

"Why did I ever agree to do this?" he muttered under his breath. His Piplup pecked him on the leg for the remark. "OUCH! Watch it." He rubbed the sore spot and kept walking. Well, it's not like I have much of a choice now, he thought to himself. Just as he began to relax looking at the full moon, he was violently pushed aside. "WATCH YOUR SPACE YOU MORON," said someone to him in the darkness. Without much thought, the easily angered J let loose a command. "PIPLUP BUBBLE!"

The tiny penguin obeyed eagerly shooting at the shadow nearby. The bubbles made immediate impact flashing a bright white when they popped. The figure stopped as something else disappeared into the grass. The figure slowly turned and walked towards J and his Piplup as J readied himself for an attack. Without warning a fist flew at blinding speed making contact with the trainer's face. Judging by the weakened power and poor square up, it wasn't the work of a fighting Pokemon. Nevertheless, it hurt. A bright light emanated which J recognized as the release light from a Pokeball. It allowed him to quickly get a look at his attacker. A tall pale figure in a butttoned white shirt and thin black pants showed up sporting a long head of jet black hair. What was most recognizable was his almost crimson eyes. The figure leaned in and whisper.

"That was for making me loose that Gabite. If you value your life, I would recommend you not get in my way again...ever." The boy's voice was ice cold, the type of voice that was carried around with a born killer. A shiver went down J's spine but he stood up and squared off to the guy anyway. "Not my fault you weren't looking freak." The opposing boy went for another punch but J's Piplup stopped the attack jumping in the way. The little penguin flew backwards at an unnatural angle but J caught him just in time gasping. A larger figure moved towards J and this time he could tell it was a Pokemon. Just before the thing charged, a fireball erupted between the both of them lighting up the surroundings. A red monkey teetered out of the grass visibly upset.

"Caefawn good job. Guys please calm down." This time a cutesey looking girl followed the red monkey that J identified as a Pansear.

ImageImageImage

Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:57 pm

Oooh…neat. So there J is. But who is this crimson eyed man?

Pokestuck

Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:34 pm

joshsauce wrote:
Oooh…neat. So there J is. But who is this crimson eyed man?

Yami since Sammie was with him. I think it should be, idk...

*STRETCHES OUT POLIWAG LEG FOR MILES*

"I don't know what you're talking about."

Sporadically active. If I post, it means I was asked to see something.

Sometimes, I sell natured Pokémon. Black market's good this time of year.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:36 pm

Kismet/Daniel

The strange trio sat near a campfire that Bruno had set up for the night. Not expecting to have any guests, he apologized (or what he sufficed was an apology) about not having any spare tents. Daniel couldn't complain as he slept on the floor at his home most of the time anyway noting that his bed wasn't the most comfortable. It was Kismet who was finding it hard to relax on the hard floor. What's more, the heightened elevation coupled with the fall of night also brought the fall of temperature.

"Brrr, I wish I had a Fire-Type Pokemon." Daniel was poking the fire with a stick not paying any mind to Bruno's snoring. He glanced up, the firelight dancing in his eyes looking at Kismet. She slightly blushed but the darkness covered it from view. "You might want to get back from the fire." he said to her softly. She abliged and scooted away but after a few minutes, she got up taking a seat next to Daniel.

"You cold?" he asked. She merely glanced at him which caused him to smile realizing the obvious. "Of course you are." Daniel turned his gaze back to the fire. Everything inside of him screamed to place his arm around her shoulder but he didn't. A ghostly figure floated from the nearby darkness of the surrounding trees and a Shedinja made its prescense known. "Oh hey Husk." Daniel said taking in a deep breath. The little ghost type was rather peculiar, constantly wandering off only to return an hour or so later and then wander off again. It seemed though that by now the little thing was tired and it placed itself into its own Pokeball. Daniel glanced at it for a minute before laying down. It wasn't long until Kismet joined him.

"Umm what are you doing?" he asked caught off guard.

"Oh don't get the wrong idea. I'm just cold and your are the closest warm object." Kismet mused not looking at the boy.

"Why don't you use your Electrike?"

"Who Ventus? Nah, he is too small to really help."

"Ventus?"

"Yeah, named him a little after you named Husk. Thought it was appropriate." she smiled as she cuddled next to him. The fire crackled softly in the night and the sounds of Kricketune could be heard. The duo stayed quiet and shortly, they fell asleep together.

Daniel woke up to a hard rap to the head.

"HEY!" he yelled.

"Rise and shine," said a gruff voice. The boy opened his eyes and came upon the sites of Bruno packing his things. "I gotta get you two around the mountain. Point cha in the right direction ya know?" Daniel stetched and rose from his sleep. Kismet he noticed was already gone.

"You lookin for the girl? She went off to explore a bit. Don't worry, your girlfriend will be alright."

Daniel blinked. "Girlfriend?"

"Yea? Weren't you two sleeping together?"

Daneil immediately blushed a bright red. "No no no, she isn't ummm... well you see..."

"Calm down kid, I'm just messin. But if you ask me, I would make your move soon before she finds someone else." Daniel didn't respond this time. He thought internally for a second and brushed it off. Thoth and Husk let themselves out apparently just waking up themselves. Suddenly, a scream shot out from the distance.

"KISMET!!"

I am starting to get a little dry with my writing. If anyone wants to help cowrite, just message me. I figure two or three heads are better than one.

ImageImageImage

Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:13 pm

I can help co-write but there are some portions I'm unfamiliar with(i.e how Husk was killed and the appearence of some characters).

*STRETCHES OUT POLIWAG LEG FOR MILES*

"I don't know what you're talking about."

Sporadically active. If I post, it means I was asked to see something.

Sometimes, I sell natured Pokémon. Black market's good this time of year.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:18 am

I sort of feel the same way as dracoon...I'd love to help and my writing has certainly improved since Kanto died, but I'm unclear about how certain things happened exactly...but I'm willing to look back and find the old forum and go through and stuff, if I need to...

Follow Me on Tumblr

Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:09 pm

So uhmmm...it's been like a year and I know this is probably dead with no hope of ever returning but I figured...eh, I'll go back and read it again because I'm bored. It really is good, Jaime. I know you're really busy with work and all, but if you ever decided to continue it again, you'd have my full support. Besides, you made it clear to Kismet RE: Ventus' journals that you have things planned out even way after when it ended. I would be incredibly interested in seeing that all still~

Also...I think I found a little secret of yours. Hidden gem almost. I don't want to double post, but I'm telling everyone over at Heresy OOC asap~~ Heeeheeeeheee~ *Mischievious giggles*

Follow Me on Tumblr

Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2