It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Poetry isn't Poe. Gifted isn't Genepe. 

Also, you mentioned something about not being able to give people a sort of mental TV with your writing, but actually, you do.
Now, not to bring you down, but I have this all the time. My fantasy, imagination and brainpower are just unparalleled, I guess ^^;
Even so, I think you get pretty close to doing what you want to...

Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:48 pm
Profile WWW

Spoiler: show
Finally, finally she stopped! I picked myself up, dazed and disoriented. There was a door in front of us, which suggested that this was where Kana planned to get out from. The problem was that the door was sealed like every other door, and as much as she tried, she couldn't get the door to work.

"Tsk, Mag must've zapped the door systems too...
Time for Plan B!"
she shouted to no one in particular, grabbed my hand, and dashed to another direction. I kinda wished I wa unconscious then, but i felt more awake than before, feeling all the misery from being half-dragged to run.
After a few flights of stairs down and more running, we came across a rusting steel door. It had the words 'Emergency Exit' on it, and a doorknob . How old is this thing? Kana twisted the doorknob and pushed it, but it wouldn't budge. Was it so ancient that it got stuck? Were they ever going to get away?

"...?
...oh, I forgot; you have to push it forward, not to the side."
she commented, pushing the door the right way. It gave off a loud creak as it opened. I was astonished; pushing it forward? then how would you know that there wasn't anyone on the other side, waiting to crash into the door when you open it?
In any case, I wasn't sure what I was expecting, but this wasn't it; on the other side of the door was a scene from a history book or something. The wall and the floor was brownish-grey and uneven. Upon closer inspection, I realized they were real rock walls, and the floor was hard dirt and gravel. I never thought I'd see these in my lifetime; we paved cement and plating on our streets and roads. The only sign that I wasn't in the past was the electric lights fitted on the ceiling, much like the ones in the lab. They illuminated this rocky place, showing that to my right the room stretched on beyond my vision; a tunnel, perhaps?
Kana led the way through the tunnel, walking quite quickly; at least she wasn't dragging me. Where were we going? I wanted to ask, but I saw that her face looked stressed than normal, which made me just follow her for now. The only sound I could hear was our footsteps. The scenery was the same rocky walls as we progressed, but I realized the numbers of lights were thinning gradually until there were no more ceiling lights. The last of the light finally died away in the distance, and it was getting hard to see; at least the floor was quite level and the way was straight. Kana's white lab coat helped greatly, but without light, it was no use.

"...Kana? I can't see you anymore." I spoke up softly. The sound of her footsteps stopped; I could hear her shuffling a little, then something illuminated from where she was standing. It looked like a floating yellow ball of light with a propeller on the bottom; a Fly Lamp! Lamps which lasts a long time and conveniently hands-free. They move if you get close thanks to the sensors. With that, she continued walking, but not as quickly as before.

"Are we nearly there? Where are we going anyway?"

"Not yet; this tunnel leads to the outskirts of the city. Hopefully we'll be able to find help to stop this mass murder." Mass murder. She said that before too. Now, though, I was beginning to understand. Those two... Pokemon were more than enough to trash the lab. Imagine if there were more... Thinking of the incident up there, however, brought me to my questions. This was the right time to ask.

"So you had a Pokemon all along. And from what that guy had said... did you steal the one you sent me? and why did he change like that when he realized who my parents were? ...What happened to them?"

"Yeah, all researchers who're eligible gets a Pokemon, ones named Magnemite to be exact, for safety measures and security." she started, still walking.

"The one I had is named Magneton; once certain Pokemons gets to a specific point in their life, they 'evolve' into a better Pokemon. In any case, Magnemite lines are mechanical, which meant that the higher-ups can install cameras and other nifty devices in those so that no one tries anything funny. Not everyone in the lab knows about this added features, but I've been working there for so long that I know how to get past their little tricks~" She let out a small satisfied chuckle. "Well, I'll start from the beginning. Our job was to research about these Pokemon; their living conditions and such to see if they can co-exist with us. What we found in our experiments was loyal and loving creatures, but at the same time, deadly. Soon, the project focused more on their capabilities as a possible military weapon than commercial use which was what the research was about at the start. Like I said before, this was a huge success.

Some of the researchers were opposed to this idea; after all, the Pokemon were living, breathing being just like us, and these experiments and research often made disastrous effects on the Pokemons. They formed a secret rebellion to stop this from continuing; your parents and I were also involved in it, Vee."
My parents, huh... Fey and Van Pnevma. I heard that they were Kana's senior since school.

The rebellion took a lot of time and patience for everything to get ready. Sometime in between the preparation, though, you were born; but at that time, Fey and Van were deeply involved and couldn't back out. I offered to take care of you for them then. Everything was planned perfectly... but something had gone wrong. I'm not sure what, since I played a minor role so that no matter what happens, I would be able to go back and care for you. Whatever happened, the rebellion failed, and we never saw more than half the members of the rebels. Those few of use who’re still alive and around believe they've been wiped out and disposed of. That could be true, but there were no bodies to prove that, no any records or anything.

Aaron is a weird guy. He appeared a few days after the rebellion as the head of security. During the first few weeks, he was all grumpy and ordered everyone about, definitely screwing his first impression up. He was more composed as time went, but he still was quite bothersome. Other than that, all I know is that he has a Metang, which is quite unique. I have no idea what made him target you or your family.

Now, as for that Pokemon I sent you,"
her voice seemed to have gone a bit lighter; perhaps because she was done talking about my parents. Maybe she thought it'll affect me somehow if she talked about them. I barely remember about them enough to affect me, so it didn't matter much.

Some weeks ago, there were reports of Pokemon species which were never recorded in the database. They were seen to have unique traits. This made the authorities even more intrigued, ordering immediate capture of them upon discovery. Many of them were harder to control than we had thought, but we were pushed to make drastic measure to catch them. It wasn't a pleasant sight to see them being attacked until they collapsed. Not many survived or recovered fully, and were... disposed of. In fact, the one you have there was the best catch. I managed to steal it, but there was nowhere to hide it; that's when I thought of you, so I sent it to you. I'm so smart, aren't I? She said it with pride. I half-nodded, not that she'd care.

Well, that just about answers the questions... though, this tunnel was ridiculously long. We've been walking the whole time! I looked back at the way we ca-

"Kana, look, behind us; light." I pointed at the tiny speck of light; it was noticeably growing, indicating that it was coming towards them.

"What, we're already found? That’s just fantastic." With that, she started running again, with me following close behind.

"how much longer do we have to go?!"

"A bit more! Damn this giant population and its faraway outskirt entrances!" She shouted frantically as we ran, dropping curses here and there. I dared to look back to see how close they were, and nearly fell over; the light was closer than before, meaning that whoever or whatever they were, they were much, much faster. We can't run forever, and even if we do make it, they'll just keep following us! what can we d- that was when I lost my balance; there were no loose pebbles or ditches or anything. In fact, the ground was moving... no, shaking. I could feel the tremors from the ground, shaking me senseless. My vision was shaking too, but I was able to see that Kana was on the floor not that far away, much like me.

”W-what's happening?! I shouted, but my voice was muffled by the noise all around us.

Here's the next part. This one seems to have more dialogue than... well, anything, really.

as always, if you find any errors, please notify me~

@MDFang: thank you for your words~ I do hope I'm portraying what I want to portray with words to everyone =3=

@callais: XD thank you~ though I'm not having much inspiration these days, so I'm scrapping a bin full of unfinished poetry atm ;3;

Next Part

Last edited by GenepeOrgel on Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:12 am
Profile WWW

Is it EQ time? :0

Also, I've spotted quite a few spelling and grammar errors along the track, but I've been too lazy to point them out.
When test weke is over, and I got a bit of time on my hands, I might go through everything, and PM the corrections to you ;D

Keep up the great work!

Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:22 am
Profile WWW

yeah, I don't run it through a spell checker, interestingly enough /too lazy and apparently am a hypocrite since I hate reading people's fanfic if they're not properly spell-checked/

in any case, hope you the best on your tests and I'll wait for your PM patiently~

Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:02 pm
Profile WWW

What do you type your work in, then? I always tend to type it all out in word, or notepad for that matter, with spell-check turned on. This way I can quickly see what may be wrong, and correct that what is.
If you can, you should also run it through one or two human spell checkers. If you know any people who speak English natively, that is ;D

But yeah, if a work is completely riddles with lame spelling mistakes and stuff it may get irritating, if not hard to read. Yours isn't exactly filled with them, so I'll live ;D

Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:05 am
Profile WWW

Finally the noise died down along with the shaking. The air was filled with dust, and opening my eyes, I realised it was dark again. The lamp must've gone out from that tremor or whatever it was. Coughing, I got up; I only had a couple of minor scratches, and luckily everything seemed to work okay.

"Kana?" I coughed, looking around uselessly in the dark. There was a small groan nearby, fuelling my fears; was she injured badly? I found myself on my hands and knees again, feeling my way blindly; the ground was strewn with debris and various sizes of rocks and boulders. The walls must've broken off in places. Calling out Kana's name over and over, I was beginning to panic until I felt something soft; her hand. I found her, and she was still breathing... but barely.

"V... Vee," Kana's voice whispered weakly.
"I'm here, I got you, it'll be ok," I replied, relieved that I wasn't facing a dead researcher. She coughed, gasping softly; her voice had a tone of amusement when she spoke again.
"I can't feel half my body, and the rest isn’t any better. I am very well aware of my situation." Her soft panting was the only sound in the silence. It was hopeless... who knew how long it was until whoever's chasing us finds us now? Maybe that'll be a better option; maybe they'll be able to assure Kana's life, if I pleaded and promise to keep everything silent, and give back the ball. Kana grunted a little then, and her hand gripped onto mine.
"Give me the Pokeball." Her words came out slow, panting in between each word; I obeyed without question, placing the red and white ball onto her hand. Her hand slid on the dusty floor, into the darkness.

Silence again.

This time, though, Kana's pants were shallower and less audible; was she slipping away? ...and did it just got brighter in here? They must be closing in.
"K-kana..." I began.
"Heh... I can't go on now... but you... I'm certain you... will be able to..." she murmured softly.
A soft glow suddenly appeared where Kana was. It spread, seemingly irregularly. Gasping a little, I realized that the glow was surrounding all over her, illuminating her bloody, maimed state. Her eyes were closed, while she held the ball tightly to her chest; that was where the glow came from. It seemed as if the ball had opened a crack, though it could've been my eyes playing tricks.
Then, as suddenly as it had begun, the glow receded, flowing into the ball. Geeted by darkness again, I just gaped; there was a sound of something rolling, and I felt something bump against my knee.

I couldn't hear the sound of Kana breathing at all anymore.
...wait, notepad has spellcheck? o.o
I use notepad to type it up, but I didn't know it had spellcheck; how do i turn it on?

Next Part

Last edited by GenepeOrgel on Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:35 pm
Profile WWW

Did she just go into a pokeball with a pokemon in it? :0
Oh the mysteries~

Also, I'm on a mac, so I don't know where to go for notepad (for windows), but I think you oughta look around in the preferences/options ;D
If all else fails, google might be able to aid?

Keep up the great work!

Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:49 am
Profile WWW

Pride

It makes you, it breaks you.
For those who are weak and for those who excell
Their common factor comes from things their hearts swell;
Having a lone skill which shows that they're a star
Envious eyes, they want, from those afar.

Anger

Loathe is not a form of salvation.
In this world, people are blind to others' mind
Vainly, they try; holding back their cry
Even if their wrath... accumulate their path.
Soon... there's no turning back.

Insolence

Die. Suffer. Fear.
Of the countless tales of tragedy
Not one tells of a forgiving melody
Oppressing by the name of power;
This is the path we walk this hour

Nevermore

May you find your truth
And at last, when their voices cease
The wrath, the sorrow and all does not matter.
Their souls, at this miraculous release
Envelops the poor and oppressed who comes latter.
Rest In Peace.

I do not know what or how you'd interpret this... but meh.
I always prided myself to be an excellent student. I do not mean that as a 'top-mark student in the class' but rather, a student who is able to progress and learn. I love learning new things and being able to express myself with the things I've learnt.
But lately, this wasn't so.

I am very poor at giving up things if I haven't made my mind up for it. Like, I found it difficult to accept that I was, in fact, failing to learn this couple of weeks. It made me angry; this was the one thing, the only thing in which I held onto so dearly. I can't lose it. If I lose that... I won't have anything that I can definitely say as 'mine'.

I blamed it on myself, I guess. Blame and maim. Mentally more than physically, since my parents would be able to find out if I physically maim myself. Trying to escape reality, escape the problem.

And now that I'm over my depressive mood, I'm fine; In fact, I'm left with that up there which I wrote, along with the revolution that being able to learn is a wonderful thing, but it's time to prepare myself to accept that it isn't something I have permanently.

That was what I had wondered, and that was what I wrote down.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:11 am
Profile WWW

I quickly noticed "WHEN LIVES DO NOT MATTER", but it took my a while to see the "PAIN" behind it all.

Well, glad to hear you're out of your depression. :3 Depressions are never nice. They make you... depressed.

Great poem, once again. I'm honestly starting to love your work, even though I'm not such a poetry fan normally. :3

(also, for the spell check, expect it MAYBE during the weekend, but most likely sometime afterwards. Kind of busy D: )

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:17 am
Profile WWW

------

there they are, Aaron snickered. It was clever of them to use Magneton like that, but from rendering the doors inactive, they had ultimately trapped themselves, as only one exit was available to them; the manual emergency exit. And sure enough, upon peering into the other side of the rusted door, there was a faint light in the darkness far away. He released his Metang once more, hopping onto it; while it had suffered damage from that Magneton, it should have more than enough energy left for dealing with two defenceless humans. It was a good thing workers were only given one Pokemon each; it made things much easier.

It was unnecessary to light a Fly lamp himself, but it wouldn't matter; Aaron wasn't used to being in the dark, and the lights were getting less frequent as he pursued. Besides, even if they did notice, Metang's speed is much greater than them. They wouldn't be able to escape.

They've travelled quite far on foot. He had come unnoticed this far, and now was able to make out the silhouette of the two figures illuminated by their lamp. That was when one of them turned and pointed. Tsk, they noticed. They started running away from him, which irritated him; the longer it takes to deal with them, the longer he had to stay in this gloomy, dark enclosed space. How about just ending this mouse chase quicker? Less distance to go back. That was an appealing thought.

"Metang, Earthquake." he said. The Metang, who had been progressing forward silently, made a soft grinding sound and floated above its normal levitating height with its arms up in the air, as if jumping. The arms came crashing down to the ground, pounding through the ground as if it was water. The shockwave from the sudden impact spread across the floor, to the walls and the ceiling, making huge ugly cracks, breaking the surface, rocks and debris spewing down as the shockwave progressed towards the two running figures in the distance. The quaking stopped only after a minute or so, but its job was well done. The once flat path-like tunnel was now strewn with rocks and holes everywhere. Even the walls and the roof had bits and pieces falling off. Satisfied, he commanded his Metang to find the two, as the only light now illuminating was the one he had; the Pokemon's eyes would be more adapted to this sort of environment anyways.

As expected, it wasn't long until it found them; or, to be more precise, one of them. A body lay between the rubble, but the other one was nowhere to be found. Coming down from his Pokemon, Aaron inspected the body, until he realized something important; this was the researcher, but she was missing her lab coat. The lab coat was like an identification of sort; embedded to it is all the access codes and other passes which a researcher has earned, along with various devices and instruments fitted for convenience. The girl must've decided to run, then, along with whatever she could scavenge from the body. He gritted his teeth.

Why does every Pnevma I meet make my life harder than it needs to be?

------
XD Thank you~
Take your time for that spell check thing; it's not as important as real life, and it's not like as if i'm paying you or anything XP
I'm glad that you like my writing~ hopefully I'll be able to catch up on my typing as much as I have on my book :Sob:

/ponders whether to make a Character profile for this nameless fanfic [dilemma coz it might contain spoilers ._.a

Next Part

Last edited by GenepeOrgel on Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:25 am
Profile WWW

Quite a bit of confusing chapter, there.
Perspective switch, I see?

As for the characters bios, it honestly depends on how well you think people understand your writing.
Imo bios make a fic seem a tad bit unprofessional, as if the writer can't merge the bios into the fic by writing descriptive.
That's just my opinion on the matter though. If you want to go through with it, be my guest, I won't judge you ;D (also, if you could draw some character art that'd be pretty cool~)

Oh and for the possibility of spoilers in the bios, you can update them along with the fic? Or give a major spoilr alert around the spoiling parts..

Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:41 am
Profile WWW

@Genepe Orgel..is your a avatar a chibi of the girl in to love ru trouble?

and your writing is great as ever!

▫▪□▪▫“To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world.”▫▪□▪▫

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:15 pm
Profile WWW

@Soul: I'm sorry, I have a few images on rotation [i.e. avatar images change every time you refresh the page] so I'm not quite sure which one you're talking about.

Also, due to Real life stuff, I won't be able to post anything until at least the end of December. thanks for everyone's support and such~

Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:12 pm
Profile WWW

*pants* Just finished reading all the new stuff I missed. C: Looks great. I must say the story behind her parents and the researcher is a very nice touch. And also you have everything color-coded but for long paragraphs of dialogue you're supposed to put another quotation mark at the beginning of each new paragraph.

Sorry to hear about that. I hope to see more ofyour work later, Gen.

Image Image ImageImage

Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:34 pm

this is what I saw

▫▪□▪▫“To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world.”▫▪□▪▫

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:20 am
Profile WWW

GenepeOrgel wrote:
Also, due to Real life stuff, I won't be able to post anything until at least the end of December. thanks for everyone's support and such~

But you know I have no patience... D: How could you possibly do that to me? D':

Welp, good luck with your real life stuff anyway. Hang in there, you'll be alright! ;D

Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:22 pm
Profile WWW

okays, so, er, I did manage to find an internet source; the only problem is that it's like an hour of walking from where I'm staying currently [I'm in a different country for the holidays XP]... so yeah.

I did type out a bit more during my absense of internet for who knows why; so here you go~
I'll edit this post's format and such whenever I feel like it i guess.

oh and Pho, thank you; I can never get the speech/quotation marks correct "OTL...
SoulMonz, I believe you are correct about that avatar XD

I ran; ran without thinking; ran, tripping over holes and rocks in the darkness, away from the light. I was scared. There was no one in the world that cares for me now... and the only one who really knows of my existence loathes me, and is trying to hunt me down. I'm not sure what came over me to take her coat. Maybe a part of me wanted to have something which will make me remember her. Maybe a part of me wanted to take every chance I had to survive, and seeing all the various devices the coat held, I took it unconsciously. One good thing was that whatever material it was made out of, it was made out of something durable to rocks; the long coat, coming down to my knees and covering my arms, protected me from any major injury every time I fell. That didn't mean it prevented pain from landing on sharp ends of rocks and such, but it didn't tear, which I was grateful of. I ran and ran... until I hit a wall. Did I arrive at the exit, finally?

No.

The roof had collapsed entirely, blocking the road. I felt around, but the roof had collapsed completely; there were no holes big enough to crawl through. I tried climbing, but it wasn't long before I reached the top; the tunnel was perfectly sealed; A complete dead end. No choice but to face that man... all alone.
Coming down to the ground, I faced the light. It was so close now. I could make out a man on a floating platform-like object; Aaron and his Pokemon, no doubt.
Calming my breathing down, I rummaged the coat's pockets. Was there anything which can be used here? The light was close enough for me to see the things I pulled out... but none of them looked fit for combat. Giving up, I searched around the last of the coat's pockets. It was surprising how many places this coat had.
huh, wha- I felt something cool and round against my hand... Pokeballs; a few of them in one of the smaller inner pockets. Did they hold any Pokemon? I took out a ball, pressing the button to expand it to its full size, feeling a faint glimmer of hope. Perhaps...
Then I realised the crucial thing; I didn't know how to call them out. Aaron had called the name of the Pokemons, and Kana had thrown it. I didn't know any names except for Magneton and Metang...

"Magneton!" I cried. Silence followed. Blushing, I tried again.
"E-er... Metang...?" The same result. Embarrassed at the awkwardness, I threw the ball onto the ground. Nothing happened. No red glow or anything. Sighing, I placed it back into the pocket, trying another... and another. They all gave the same empty response. Putting the last of the balls back into their place, I took out the ball from my own clothes' pocket. This was the one that started it all. I hadn't tried anything with this ball because I realised what Aaron had meant earlier in the lab. The Pokemon were able to be exhausted, just like us. This one must've been oppressed until it wasn't able to fight. But what did Kana say? ... Feeds on life force. If that glow I saw was giving her 'life force'...
Raising the ball slightly, I thought through. Yes, it made sense; in her weak state, she must've thought it was more worth to give up her own life to revive a Pokemon. A Pokemon residing in this ball... but would it really work? Maybe the life force it got from Kana wasn't enough to revive it completely. Maybe I got everything wrong. Mayb-

"Pnevma. At last."

I nearly dropped the ball in fright at the sudden voice; he had finally arrived. I was too preoccupied with my thoughts to notice his approach. He got off of his Metang without a sound; he was tall enough to tower over me even if he was off of his ride. His eyes studied my appearance thoughtfully.

"...His night-black hair and her alluring blue eyes... I can't believe I didn't notice it from the start." he mumbled out loud. He must be talking about how I resembled my parents, as Kana had always talked about how I resembled the two that way.
"What do you know about my parents anyways?!" I snapped at him, but he didn't answer. Instead, I realised that his eyes were on my hands where the Pokeball was visibly grasped. With a grim expression, he spoke with a commanding voice.
"You have nowhere to go now, and no one to save you. Just hand over the Pokeball and get this over and done with." and with that, he stretched his palm open towards me. It was tempting to believe that everything will go back to normal once I hand over the ball... but that wouldn't happen. Kana was dead, and chances are, I was next in line. Whatever was in this Pokeball must be very precious, for Aaron hadn't attempted to kill me off when he realised I had it; in that case...
Slumping my head down as if in defeat, I slowly moved my grasped hand towards his outstretched hand. I couldn't see his face, but surely there would've been a hint of triumph... but not for long; as soon as the tip of the ball was only a hair's width away from his palm, as his fingers curled around the ball, I pulled it back out of his reach as quick as I can, back to my chest. Ducking down, I sprinted past the startled man, sliding under the floating Metang as it closed in. Getting up as soon as I passed the two obstacles, I ran with all my might back the way I came; I didn't have a plan, but I just wanted... no, needed to get away from him. I heard an angry shout echoing in the tunnel walls and into my ears as I ran back the way I came from, into the darkness. Fuelled by fear, I ran blindly once more, the ball clasped tightly in my hand, never daring to look back to see if I was followed. I would be able to see the light reaching me if he was closing in anyways.
In the next instant, something slammed into me from behind, driving me down to the ground as I screamed. Arms and knees skidded on the uneven ground, the ball rolling off of my grasp into the darkness as I fell. Turning around, a big, menacing red eye filled my vision. Metang. It floated out of my vision to let me see one angry looking Aaron approaching, his teeth bared and fists clenched. With a shout, his fist connected to my slumped figure, knocking the wind out of my lungs. A few more punches and kicks followed soon after, leaving me into a coughing, spluttering mess.
"Give me the Pokeball. And don't think about running away again; this time, no holding back." his cold, blunt voice sent a shiver down my spine; I didn't doubt his words. In any case, that meant that he still thought I had the ball. I sat up rather shakily, my hands behind me as if to support myself, when in actuality was looking for the ball. He just watched me, as if to give me one last chance. It wasn't long until my hand grasped around the ball once more. Now the question was do I recklessly attempt to run again, or give up?

There was no place on my body which wasn't screaming in pain. My parent figure was now dead, real parents' whereabouts or even status unknown and the future seem to be cut off for me. I've really fallen from a normal everyday person to someone worth no more than a dust in a day, huh... well, seeing as how I've nothing to lose now...
Getting up as quick as I can once more, I kicked the loose dirt on the ground for even a little time, ignoring my body screaming in pain at the sudden movement. Without waiting, I ran, the only thing I could do. Aaron, as if expected something of sort, shouted out a command as the dirt sprayed and dusted his view. A deafening metallic noise filled the tunnel, echoing in the tunnel over and over; it was enough to make me cringe and fall to my knees. I felt a sudden gush of wind on my hair as I crouched, clasping my ears at the sound; the next instant, the ground in front of me exploded into million bits of rock and debris, the room filled with the enormous bang of the impact and my screams. From the debris, a pair of red eyed figure rose; Metang. It gathered its arms to its side, and with another metallic cry, accelerated towards me. Screaming still, I rolled to the side, narrowly missing the Pokemon's second attempt; gasping and coughing as I got showered by dust and rocks, I tried feebly to get up, supporting myself against the wall. My ears were ringing and voice hoarse from all the screaming, but I was able to hear the vicious command given in the distance.

"Metang, use Take Down with more force; she won't be able to escape this time!" The loud metallic cry shook the tunnel once more as it rose to mid-air again, pulling its arms to its sides like before. I tried to dodge it again, rolling to the side. The Metang's body crashed into the spot I was in only moments before. This time, I wasn't so lucky; I didn't move away far enough, and was sucked into its massive impact as it tore through the rocky walls as if it was non-existant. The noise was deafening to say the least, so much weight and force pressing and driving me down onto the breaking wall. Was this how I end, I wondered; to be impaled in the dark where no one could find me, never to see the sunlight again?
As I lost conscious, the pressure on my body seemed to disappear - it felt as if I was surrounded by something cold, and the noise around me suddenly dissolved into nothing.

fff, i didn't proof read this and my laptop's about to die... aaand I forgot to bring my charger.
just list any errors here I guess XP

Next Part

Last edited by GenepeOrgel on Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:58 pm
Profile WWW

Water...
The first thing I heard was the sound of running water splashing gently as it flowed. After a few moments, as my senses returned, i could feel something like a blanket covering me. What had happened again? I couldn't remember straight away.
Opening my eyes carefully to see where I am gave a disappointing result; there was no light anywhere, making me a little nervous. Just how long was I knocked out in the darkness, and where am I...
I remembered that Aaron and his Metang were chasing me... had someone saved me? did that person brought me here, perhaps?
In any case, just lying here thinking about it in the darkness wasn't much help, though remembering about Aaron brought both comfort and urgency; the fact that I was here meant that I escaped certain death... but what if that man was still chasing me?
With that in mind, I tried to get up; that was when the intense pain overwhelmed my whole body. My mind went white, the pain spreading rapidly. It almost felt like my body was on fire. That was when I felt someone - or something - pressing down on me. there were voices around me, but I couldn't hear what they were saying; they seemed to be muffled, but there was some urgency in it. Sobbing, and maybe I was shouting out loud at the pain or something, but I wasn't sure, as I felt myself losing consciousness once again.
------

"...fine now. All we need to do is wait." A woman's voice. Did her talking woke me up? and what was she waiting for?

"But it's been three days already since She last woke, and that wasn't pretty. Are you sure she's ok?" came the response, a younger girl's voice this time. Okay, looks like whoever these people were, they've been around since that time. Then It's been three days already?

"Yes, I promise you, so go rest a bit. You haven't slept properly since then."

"...Fine, fine. It's just, I've never seen anyone beaten up that badly before. And from the looks of it, she's a very high-ranked gal; what if they find us while looking for her?" What was that girl talking about? me, a high-ranked gal? A soft laugh came from the woman in response.

"Don't worry about that; I'm sure she's in a similar situation as Rai and me. Now go sleep, we have things to do tomorrow." The woman's voice had a stern tone in it this time. The girl let out a sigh.

"A'ight then, miss bossy-ness. Wake me up if that gal over there regains conscious though. Promise me?"

"Will do, so don't you worry a bit." The girl gave no reply; instead, I could hear some movement. I guessed it was the girl, but I wouldn't know since I was still supposed to be unconscious. Then silence again, save for the sound of running water in the background. To be honest, I didn't hear that until now, too focused on the two stranger's conversation. So, I was still at that place... for three days. As I was thinking through these things, I heard some shifting noises again, and then felt something sliding the blanket on top of me; possibly that woman's hand. Trying not to give away that I was awake, I felt her pulling at the outer layer of clothing that was on me. Kana's Labcoat; I had forgotten that I took it with me. What was this woman doing, anyways?
There was a small beeping sound which was muffled by the sound of running water. I heard it nonetheless, as the beep sounded very close to me.

"...Dr Kanako Hazama, 'Natural resources and mutation division'." Her voice was small, but it was more than enough for me to catch every single word. How did she... was that on the labcoat? It was dark and I was desperate when I took it, so I didn't get to look at the inside of the coat. That was the only possible explanation, in any case. The grip around the labcoat loosened, and I felt the blanket being pulled over me again.

"...I wonder how that crazy girl's doing." the woman mumbled, then let out an empty laugh. "Well, the fact that this strange child is wearing her coat is enough proof that she didn't make it to the end either... speaking of which, you can get up now; I know you're awake. I've some questions to ask as well while Chianti's asleep." Damn, so she realized, huh. I opened my eyes and looked around. Unlike last time, there was light; a small glowing box illuminated the rocky surroundings, though its light wasn't strong enough to chase away the darkness completely. It was, however, bright enough for me to make out a figure under grey and tattered blanket and next to it a woman who looked to be around her thirties, a bit older than Kana, maybe. She had a long pinkish hair, a colour I've never thought to suit anyone; well, I'm definitely wrong, as this woman looked natural in pink. She was wearing clothes I've never seen though; some sort of blue clothes which looked quite easy to move in.

"Well, you caught me," I started, my voice as emotionless as I can muster. "how do you know Kana? Are you with the Lab or something?"[/color] The only people who'd know Kana was the Lab members... which meant Aaron's henchmen, so to speak. Was she after the pokeball Kana had gived her life for? While I questioned her, I tried to move my arms; well, they seemed to be okay to move, so then that painful experience was not likely to happen. Who knows, I might have to start running again...

"The Lab, you say? I'm not one of those power-hungry hypocrites. In fact, I've never set a foot above ground for a little over fifteen years now. It's not like those lazy asses would dirty their hands to come their merry way down here anyways. You're quite safe here, dear." Part of me knew that she was trying to comfort me; well, for good or ill intentions, I didn't know... but if what she's saying is true, then was she free from Aaron...?
It only took me a moment to think to realize she was wrong; I bet he's the kind who'd chase me to the end of the world, especially in the current situation.

"I don't know who you are or in what situation, but Aaron wouldn't stop that easily." I said quietly, then saw that a frown appeared on that woman's face.

"Aaron? That psycho is still around? Tsk, he makes things so difficult all the time." Something more than just annoyance crossed her face, her loathing terrifyingly visible, though she was back to her calm state in matter of seconds... that was certainly a superb control of temper. It probably isn't a good idea to get on her bad side, for now.

"In any case, you seem to know him well, so I assume you'd also know what he's like?"

"..." she sighed. "I suppose you're right, though it'll take him long enough to come.He's a wimp, so he'll take extra measures which will take forever. Speaking of which, is Aaron responsible for Kanako's...?" her voice trailed off, most likely to stop herself from saying that depressing word. Feeling that there's no point in lying, I nodded slightly. It was because of his Metang and bad luck, but it's not really a lie to say that he's responsible for it. The confirmation must've been tough for her even if she already guessed. Silence followed, save for the sound of running water. It was me who broke the silence, just because I wasn't sure what her intentions were, and if I had to run, it'd be better when that girl was still asleep.

"What are you going to do with me, now that I'm awake?" she looked at me with blank eyes for a second, which focused again on me. She smiled.

"That's right; you should be hungry, since all you had for the past three days was little water dripped into your mouth. Oh! where are my manners. My name is Celia, and the sleeping girl over there's Chianti." Celia said as she rummaged inside a bag of somesort beside her. Bringing out a small box-like object, she handed one to me. "And you?"

"...Verity, but call me Vee, I guess." I replied, recieving the box with curiosity. Well, now that Celia mention it, I was a bit hungry... but what was this?
Oh hey, new update. I gotta fix the layout of the other ones too, sob.

Hopefully I'll start off this fanfic again~

Last edited by GenepeOrgel on Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:07 pm
Profile WWW

"Eat up!" Celia said merrily, bringing out a box that looked the same as the one she just gave me. She fumbled with it until the top came off. I mimicked her and sure enough, the lid came off, revealing the contents; a fork and some kind of food I've never seen before. Stabbing a piece of the weird-looking food, I glanced at Celia; she was certainly enjoying it, popping a piece after piece into her mouth. Cautiously, I nibbled at the piece on my fork. Unlike my expectations, a familiar taste of fish spread in my mouth, abeit a bit drier than what I was used to. Nonetheless, the dried fish was pretty good and along with it were dried vegetables which seemed to suit the fish well. It was a silent meal between the two, both of us focusing on eating on purpose.

Celia finished first, but didn't speak until I finished too; rather, she looked at me intensely, which pressured me to eat faster than I would've liked.

"Now that you've eaten, let's talk a bit more before I wake Chianti" She started, her gaze fixed straight at me still. "Why is Aaron after you?"

"...I don't know," I said; it wasn't a total lie, since I had no idea why he was so aggravated with me and my parents... of course, he did say something about my parents ruining his work or something, but for the time being, that seemed the best answer. Celia's face didn't change at my answer; instead, she just continued questioning as if my answers didn't matter to her.

"Have you worked in the Labs?"

"No."

"How did you meet Kana?"

"... Parents' friend."

"What do you know about Pokemon?" Pokemon. So she knew about them as well? well, it shouldn't have been a surprise since she knew about Aaron and Kana... but... Pokemon, huh? That was the start of everything, that Pokeball from Kana... Subconsciously, my hand went down to my clothes' pocket where I stored the ball which Kana had risked her life for. It was still there, tucked in nice and safe.

"Not much; I only know what Kana told me, about how they popped up suddenly and about Pokeballs.. I've only seen two so far, a Metang and a Magneton." I replied. For some reason, I didn't wanted to tell this woman about the Pokeball in my clothes pocket, so I just said the most basic stuff. Maybe it was because she seemed to be hiding more than she's telling me or something, I don't know. In any case, she was silent at my response, looking at me as if she was deciding whether I was telling the truth or not. After a few moments, she smiled at me.

"Then let's start there." She reached into her bag, taking out a minimized Pokeball. She had Pokemons of her own?

"I took a few these from your labcoat," she answered to my questioning gaze. "Hope you don't mind; I needed a few, but these aren't easy to find around here. Picking one up, she tossed it casually up in the air. A familiar red glow appeared, reforming into a Pokemon which I've never seen before. It was humanoid, standing in two legs. A beige body with blackish hair... wait, the hair looks a little off...? As the Pokemon moved towards Celia, I saw why it looked weird; the 'hair' was in fact a huge jaw with sharp rows of teeth. It was a hideous and intimidating sight; I mean, a giant jaw as hair? Time for a haircut, maybe?

"This is a Mawile," Celia told me, noticing my surprise (well, intimidated fits better I think...) "It's alright, he won't bite." She chuckled. My eyes were still fixed on the Pokemon's hair which was bouncing as he hugged Celia with a smile. Looks like those two are pretty close... wait.

"You just said that was a Pokeball from the labcoat; does that mean there were Pokemons in them all along?"

"No, I met this Mawile here in the underground. I just needed the Pokeball to officially invite him to my team." Her eyes were on the Mawile, stroking his head as she spoke again. "My Pokemons were taken away by the Lab when they banished us here, along with any materials that were deemed 'Lab property'. We survived the harsh condition with the help of wild Pokemons who resides in this natural caves around here and there." Wild Pokemons? Us? this just keeps getting better and better. I mean, I've never seen anything like them in my whole life, and now I'm told they're common? and was she saying that there were more people like her here? Well, that is most likely, since they seemed to be living in this sunless place...

"Speaking of which, we should get moving to the colony now that you're awake." With that, she leaned towards to where Chianti was curled up. As her hand gently shook the girl awake, She said casually.

"Oh, I almost forgot; once we reach the colony, it's best not to leave my side. Not everyone in the colony is... friendly with the people from the Lab, and you're certainly dressed like one." I was curious; was that because of the banishment?

"What happened to you all to be ban-" A girl's face covered my vision almost as soon as I started speaking, which was more than enough to cut my sentence short out of fright. Backing away on instinct, I realised what had happened; that girl, Chianti, sprang up as soon as she heard an unfamiliar voice - mine.

"YOU'REAWAKEYOU'REAWAKE FINALLLY!!!!" the girl was literally jumping in excitement, her greeny-blue eyes shining with a certain light at the sight of, well, probably me.

"E-err... Hi?" I found myself giving a sheepish smile, then gave a confused look towards Celia. Before she could intervene, however, Chianti was bombarding me with questions upon questions. That was when I realized it was possible for someone to talk faster than I can hear.

"I'm sorry about earlier," We were now walking through a tunnel to this colony the two were a part of. Celia lead the small group with that illuminating box from the campsite before while Chianti was walking next to me, babbling on and on.

"But really, I was surprised when you floated down the river! Who knows where you would've ended up if I wasn't around, fishing! Then again, it was Celia and Mawile who did all the work, but I spotted you in the first place! Oh oh, and all those brusies and injuries. It's a miracle you're back to your feet so quickly, or so Celia says." Celia agreed at Chianti's words. Apparently I was able to keep my life thanks to the durable Labcoat: otherwise I wouldn't have lived through the river journey at all. I had to admit Celia was right about it; I mean, it was most likely that Aaron's Metang literally smashed me into the wall when it accidentally threw me down the hidden river on the other side.

"You two, we're nearly at the colony now. He should be comin- ah, here he is!" There was a loud noise coming from the way we were heading as Celia announced. Soon, the source of the noise appeared in range of the small circle of light we had. It was yet another Pokemon; a blue, winged one this time. It screeched, revealing its huge mouth, then flew straight towards me! Panicking, I backed away while Chianti, with a happy laugh, stepped towards the incoming Pokemon with outstretched arms.

"Batty~! I missed you! did you miss meeee~?" She called, smothering the blue Pokemon in her embrace.

"That one's called Golbat. They're usually neutral towards us, but Chianti managed to befriend one." Celia explained, seeing my baffled expression. "Well, shall we keep going then?

As if in reply, Chianti let go of Golbat and started walking again. I followed, glancing at the Golbat as he happily followed us. When I looked at the way we're going, though, I noticed that the tunnel was ending; there was light coming from the direction we were walking towards to. Were we reaching the end of this dark place? It felt like it's been years since I saw the sky; even the gloomy grey clouds that hung up forever in the sky seemed like it would be better than this... this giant rocky roof over my head.

I've finally decided the name for this fanfic, so here's a question for you lurkers:

Shall I make a new thread in the Writing Corner with this fanfic, or shall I continue writing it on this thread with all the bits and pieces of poetry and writing? XD

Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:16 am
Profile WWW

Light greeted us as we stepped out of the tunnel. The tunnel led us to a wide-open space; it was still under ground, to my disappointment. The layout, however, was amazing; there were rocky platforms around the walls, much like different storeys on a building. I could see black tunnel entrances here and there, similar to the one which we came in, which seemed to lead to different areas of this one big place. The wall seemed to go up endlessly, platforms and tunnels all around it. Finally, a ball of light, bright enough to reveal the whole area, was located on the center of the roof, much like the real sun.

"Welcome to the Colony!" Chianti appeared in front of me with her arms outstretched, a lively grin on her face. "Do you like it, do you like it?! This place is full of undiscovered tunnels to explore, and we have plenty of rooms to fit everyone in the world!" ^^;;; She sure was enthusiastic. Nodding so that she doesn't get discouraged, I turned to see Celia fumbling with the box in her hand; the box which gave off light during our way here. The light went off as she took out a peculiar stone... wait, it was more like a clear gem with a streak of glowing yellow trapped inside.

"What's that?" I asked, and Celia looked up. She revealed the clear stone to me as she spoke.

"This? We call it a Shiny Stone for obvious reasons. It's a stone which holds light inside it, and with this device," She held up the box to show what she meant by 'device'. "We can amplify it to use as a lantern during travels in the caves. They don't last forever though." Shiny Stone, huh?

"Yeah, yeah, shining stone is veeerrrry interesting." Chianti mumbled nearby, then pulled me to the center of the room. Surprised by the sudden pull, she led me very easily.

"I'll show you what's more interesting," She began, then yelled "HEY!!!!!!" as loudly as she can towards the wall and the room. By the time I realized what's going on, there was a group of people around us, a mix of men, women and curious kids who gathered from wherever they were, from tunnels or the platforms or wherever, hearing Chianti's yell.

"People, people! This is Vee, and she's our new resident!" Chianti announced dramatically. Awkward silence followed from the adults. The kids' eyes sparkled, looking at me like some sort of a new Pokemon or something, but they also kept their distance. Is it just me, or is there a weird atmosphere here?

"What's the meaning of this?" A buff man's voice. He sounded somewhat angry and hostile for some reason. "Have they finally come for us?"

"She's just a kid," Another voice from the crowd, this time a woman's. "but I recognize that clothing. She's a researcher!"

That sentence triggered the crowd to erupte into a panicked chatter. A couple of them glared at me, while pulling the kids away from me as if I was a dangerous person.

"Wait wait, people, you got it all wrong, Vee's harmless. She came floating down the river unconscious!" Chianti rebutted.
...How does that prove anything in this situation? Look at them, they're still glaring at me! Hopefully Celia can get me out of th... where did she go? she was here only moments ago...

"We don't need a government worker in our midst! They're all the same in the inside; she might seem harmless for now, but who knows what she might be plotting? She can't be trusted!" It was that buff man's voice again. The crowd nodded in agreement; I even heard someone in the crowd say some... grotesque things about what they'd do with 'government craven curs'. I sighed; being chased was bad enough, now I'm being treated like this? Maybe I shouldn't have taken Kana's stuff... but then I'm not sure if I would've withstood a Metang's attack without it...

"Alright, I'm not welcome here, so I'll just leave quietly." I said to the crowd, then turned to Chianti. "Thanks for taking care of me 'til now. Say hi to Celia for me since she seem to have disappeared somewhere."

"No, you're not going anywhere; you've found us and we can't risk having anyone know that we're here," Came the reply. That awfully sounded like-
Someone pulled me roughly out of the crowd, making me shout in pain as he literally dragged me before Chianti or I could protest. Yep, that awfully sounded like he wanted to 'silence' me. Most likely trying to kill me where no one would see.

"NO, where are you taking her?! Let me go!" Looks like Chianti tried to come after me and got held back. Me? what could a helpless seventeen year old do when a muscly forty-or-so man drags you with an iron grip, other than struggle and wince at the pain? The crowd watched in silence and Chianti was frantically shouting and screaming at the guys who held her back. They were getting smaller and smaller as I was dragged... when the sound of someone running came from somewhere.

"Brenner, stop!" A loud voice echoed; a man's voice, slightly younger than the buff male voice from the crowd, but I could hear a certain confidence in it. The man who was dragging me paused. There were two people near to the walls; a man of around his early thirties stood there with an out of breath Celia. So that's where she went. The man had a certain authority about him; maybe it was because of his sharp, intimidating features, or that he was dressed in white; only his hair and eyes were dark, a very deep black.

"Rai," he growled. Surprise, surprise, this Brenner person was the owner of the buff man's voice. "What do you mean, stop? this girl here works for the government craven curs! can't you tell the uniform she's wearing? she's a friggin' researcher, the worst kind!"

"Listen to me Brenner, she's not one of them! Celia told me the details, she's being hunted by the government herself!" More chatter from the crowd followed Rai's words. "Let the girl go; we can keep an eye on her, but for now she's no threat to us or the colony, and has nowhere to run off to." The man, Brenner, glared at Rai for a few seconds before letting me go. Chianti broke free when the guys holding her wasn't sure what to do, and ran to me, hugging me tightly as if to protect me.

"I'll take your word for it; if something happens, though, you'll have to pay." Brenner grunted.

"Naturally." Rai replied with a smile, but Brenner was already on his way back to wherever he came from.

"I'm terribly sorry, Vee," Celia started as the duo made their way towards me. Chianti let go of me, apologizing also. I tried to shrug it off with a slight smile, but I knew how fail my smile would be. I turned to the man named Rai to cover it up.

"Thank you for saving me," I started. "If it's this hostile with me around, I can lea-"

"That won't be necessary," Rai cut me off. "Nice to meet you, Verity. My name is Rai Phantas. Celia told me that you know Dr Hazama?"

"Er... yes," I said, glancing at Celia. Rai seemed to be satisfied with just the confirmation, though.

"Excellent. Well, I presume you are tired from all the ruckus and the journey, so first things first," Rai spoke, then turned to face Chianti. "Miss Juleps, is there a spare room next to yours?"

"Yes yes!" She said eagerly. "Oh, though, I'll need to clean it out a little, but it's fine~ I know, I'll get Torrone to do it!" She added, running off to a direction, shouting "Torrone!" across the room.

"Lively as always," Celia chuckled as Chianti faded from view to find her 'cleaner'.

Next part.

Last edited by GenepeOrgel on Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:44 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next