It is currently Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 877 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
BERRY ❦ HAPPY ~ A New Beginning 

Haha, well. I wouldn't call it being popular.. I simply still adore this fandom a lot because it holds so much memories!
And a bunch of people are still active, fortunately! Not as much as there used to be but it's better than nothing ;)

But hey! Even if things go slower these days, you should definitely look for a few active threads and just... try to jump into the conversation?
Would be cool to have another active member here \o/ Only if you're comfortable with that, of course!

If more people would come by once or twice a week, the forum would be so much more lively than it is now ; v ;)
I understand that a lot of people, especially older users, simply lost interest at some point or just don't have the time to be active because of school/college/work, though.

WISHLIST SHOP AUCTION BUYING

Hi there! If you want to stay in touch, feel free to add me or drop me a line! :)
              ––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
              tumblr: narubabe.tumblr.com
              twitter: @seikothings
              email & facebook: pm me!

Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:16 am
Profile ICQ

There are many glorious memories that have been and have yet to be made!
    Yes there are some very good people wandering around here, which I'm very glad and grateful for.
    I just hope everyone is having fun and is doing well in their lives at least.

I would be more that willing to give it a shot, I just don't see many active threads or conversations that I can easily barge into respectfully. That or I just don't have anything to contribute to the current theme or conversation. I don't have any shinnies or retros to talk about in their respective clubs. Literally no RPs going on. Pretty much lost, I always have been on most site forums.
    Berry Happy was pretty much my first home till I got sick and fell off the system.
    But hey, I like seeing everyone else still have fun too. That's the most important part, seeing everything have a bit of life.

With the number of users there are registered, that would give VDex an entire revamp and life.
    Once you have the major goals done, it's really finding your own path on what you want to do on here. Which is tough.
    And like you said, finding the time to click repetitively for some time or check all your posts with the daily life being so much more important is extremely difficult to manage.
    Perhaps everyone will come back on day though, if VDex survives long enough.

-----------------------------------
Steam: Yugi Schiffer Journal Tumblr
ᕙ( * •̀ ᗜ •́ * )ᕗ
3DS Friend Code: 4957-7165-9661

Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:38 pm

Agreed! I'm always happy to see old users checking the forums again after being inactive.
I understand why they don't have time to come online anymore, or why they simply lost interest. I'm not playing the game like I used to but sometimes it happens that I'm really excited for new eventmon hehe.
It's simply great to have the possibility to get back to it whenever I feel like it. And I'm happy that some others do the same after all these years \o/

Oh, people usually have no problem if you just start talking! :) For example, the Pinkan club is the most lively these days and if you just want to start a conversation, then maybe you could just say what Pinkan you really like?
Just giving you some input here, I understand that it can feel weird at the beginning but everybody is so nice and literally nobody ever got mad because someone new started filling a thread with life!

I really do hope that VDex will exist as long as possible. It has been such an important place for me, my first virtual "home" so to speak. And I got to know two of my pen pals here, and tons of great people that I still like to talk to.
It'd be so weird to cut VDex out of my daily routine. It's always the first website I check when I use my computer because... it has been like this for almost five years now!

I wish Shiro wouldn't have so many problems because of VDex... I understand that she's in a difficult situation and her life is so much more important than a website, however, it'd be so hard to see her truly deleting it because of personal reasons.
Understandable but so sad. That's why I keep posting in the forums so things won't stop just like that!

Hi there! If you want to stay in touch, feel free to add me or drop me a line! :)

Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:19 am
Profile ICQ

Welcome back, Yugi Schiffer! c:

I once quit VDex because I was getting too distracted in my studies, so I can definitely see why you might leave and come back later. x3

I also can relate to Shiro keeping the site up. Honestly, it's incredible. There's nothing quite so depressing as seeing your site go downhill and having ideas of how to fix it- but no time, inspiration or motivation to really get back into it. I have profound respect for her managing to keep going (and still doing smaller updates and events despite it all).

I usually don't have time to refresh for things, so I'm pretty happy that there are ways to make money otherwise. What with Trials, making items out of berries, breeding, dungeons, and the little bonuses for logging on, I have enough incentive to pop one once or twice each day. Then, when I have a span of time to spend on the site, I get to go through people's shops and buy cute things. I try to avoid giving myself collection goals, and instead just look for fun things. Otherwise I stay on way too much trying to refresh for things and using time I should be using on other stuff.

Image Image Image Image

Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:58 pm

Greetings Azuvala! It's nice to meet you~
    Thank you for the welcome.
    Ah yeah, that's not good. But that's admirable how you could quite like that.
    Yes, I just hope Shiro understands how many people will support whatever she does decide to do with the site.
    There always being something to do is one of the best things of VDex. You can always find something!
    (Also that Miss Fortune picture is amazing~)

Yeah there seems to be different stages to a game system like this.
    But each stage is really interesting, though it can be a bit grindy later on.
    Like shiny/retro hunting or breeding.
    Then with a majority of the users leaving, shops fall quite so that cuts some user's major interests.
    Such a sad cycle.

Oh yes, VDex is just so smooth that you can really jump back into the swing of things really easily.
    So coming back after half of a year isn't terrible. Everyone and everything will still be here waiting.

Yes I've seen quite a bit of activity there. Which is really nice to see and have a new popular club!
    Everyone is soooo nice here. I've been on so many hostile forums that I thought I got lucky when my first encounters were super nice people. It's just, I don't know, the commitment of talking every day? Then I feel really bad when I can't get on at all, and the conversation if already 2 pages ahead of me that it feels weird to bring it up again. Ugh! I'm the worst.

Pretty much everyone agrees. VDex is one of a kind, I don't know where the users will go if it ever does truly shut down.
    Cheers to Shiro for trying her best to have this site still functioning as well as it is.
    If I had the money or time I would try and help out anyway I could. She deserves so much for putting so much time and strength in, even when things were't going great in the real world.
    But every little thing that the still active users do, help out in some way I'm sure!

ᕙ( * •̀ ᗜ •́ * )ᕗ

Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:28 pm

Hello there, guys o/
My last post in embarrassingly long ago. orz Uni is hell and this weekend will be packed with preparations for my first presentation on Monday.
And I have to write my first position paper as well... Ugh, I feel like everything I do is incorrect. I hate that we don't get more possibilities to ask experienced students for help or advice.

Other than that, I've been doing fine. I hope you're all doing well, too? :D

Yugi, I fully understand what you mean about the "commitment" part of forums. This is the downside of posting in forums that are actually active. You'll miss a lot due to different time zones.
Sometimes I filled a handful of pages with VDex friends because we happened to be online at the same time – it kinda turned into a chat somehow. That can be a lot of fun but it can actually make you feel like an outsider if you aren't able to come online and check out what's currently going on.
There are pros and cons to every form of internet communication, though. I used to be a hardcore chat room person but now I hate not being able to choose when to write because if someone happens to be online, it's rude not to reply. Ugh. Nope.

In forums or on blogs, it's more acceptable haha *hides under her blanket*

Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:14 am
Profile ICQ

Username: BeachBanana
Nickname: Banana, Beach, Jade, w/e you wanna call me I guess.
Title: Optional BeachBanana The Nanab Queen. I'm not sure what you meant by Title…so… w/e
Color Code: #dba7a7 This color! :yay:
How many different kinds of berries do you have?: I had about 5 different berries. I'm a newbie so yeah, but I fed them to my 'mons already. Edit - I have 7 different berries as of now!
Do you have a Yoll Berry?: Nope.
What's your favorite berry?: Haban or Roseli just on the way they look. But also Nanab berries.

Today's team!

My shop

Last edited by BeachBanana on Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:29 am

I've had to leave the internet for weeks at a time so many times that now I do it shamelessly. There have been too many times where I've gotten really wrapped up in a game or forum and then started letting my grades slip. Explaining something like that in real life is even more embarrassing than telling someone over the internet, so I really don't mind falling behind on the internet anymore...>>;
It can be tricky to decide where to post and jump back to the conversation or to just jump in to the present conversation though...

I also definitely agree that the people here are lovely. <3 I've never encountered such a magnificent group online. (Very different from League of Legends, for one. o.o;)

Definitely good luck with that paper, Seiko. I wish I could offer some useful advice but I'm much more help with math. Unfortunately, my little experience with position papers is completely secondhand. One of my Global Affairs friends told me she always tried to pick the position that had the most points to talk about when she could choose one. Also, my boyfriend in Economics once told me that his teacher was complaining that many people lost a lot of points in their papers for not actually taking a position. :P

Also thank you, Yugi! I have it as my picture because I love it and now I can enjoy seeing it without actually buying the skin ^0^;;

Welcome to the club, BeachBannana! What a fun name. c:

But...you already ate your berries?! :O
*shudder*
The thought of eating a berry that isn't an extra is horrifying to me.

Image Image Image Image

Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:00 am

Pfft, yeah I used em to get PP and exp for my pokes. I've been saving my berries though now. I'm also saving up for a planter.

Today's team!

My shop

Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:42 pm

*Adele voice* Hellooo~ it's me~

Welcome to the club, Banana! :D
I have a packed week but if you want, I can give you some berries that you still miss if I've got some more time on my hands?
It's always good to have a full set at hand in case you plan to breed Pokemon and whatnot~

Azuvala, good god, let's not even start with LOL!
I've got to know a cool girl playing LOL and the things she has shown me were already enough for me to never even think about it. |D

And duh, I have posted this months ago XD
The new semester has already fully started and I already had to hand in two papers, hold a presentation, write an "exercise exam"...
Lots of things have happened – I never thought I'd have to work so much in university but here I am, suffering like a pathetic walnut *sobs*

I do agree that real life is so much more important. No forum, no game is worth letting your grades slip.
That is why I've been inactive on here and on tumblr. Sometimes not coming online for days. And unfortunately letting everybody wait for replies for... weeks. "orz

Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:26 pm
Profile ICQ

Berries are one of my favorite parts of all Pokemon games, so when I seen this I knew I should join!
Hopefully I'll be able to obtain all of them including pinkan and yoll :')

Username: ZetaFunction
Nickname: Zeta
Title: Berry Farmer
Color Code: #0080FF
How many different kinds of berries do you have?: 21
Do you have a Yoll Berry?: No
What's your favorite berry?: Tamato

ImageImage

Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:09 pm

Welcome to the cluuuub–! ♡ ;)
Same thing I told Banana: I'm happy to give you guys a few berries that you still need so you can grow them yourself~
It's just that I have a pretty stressful week – it should be a bit better tomorrow so I might send you guys a few trades o/

Banana & Zeta, could you guys post a list of the berries you already own?

Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:30 pm
Profile ICQ

Seiko wrote:
Welcome to the cluuuub–! ♡ ;)
Same thing I told Banana: I'm happy to give you guys a few berries that you still need so you can grow them yourself~
It's just that I have a pretty stressful week – it should be a bit better tomorrow so I might send you guys a few trades o/

Banana & Zeta, could you guys post a list of the berries you already own?

Thank you! :)

The berries I have are:
Cheri, Chesto, Pecha, Rawst, Aspear, Leppa, Oran, Persim, Lum, Sitrus, Wiki, Iapapa, Grepa, Tamato, Cornn, Rindo, Kasib, Babiri, Starf; Watmel, Magost
The last two aren't in my bag but are currently growing in the berry pots.

If there are any berries I have that any of you need, I'd be more than happy to do a berry-for-berry trade for ones I don't own!

ImageImage

Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:19 pm

-breaks down rusty door-
Sup bit-no wait, no cursing here. Sorry everyone.
Hello new members, welcome to the club. Hope you enjoy your stay and all of it's bountiful berry goodness.
It's been a minute, more like 5 freaking months since I've even been on let alone lurking, but I digress.

Just hope everything is going nice and smooth for everyone.

ᕙ( * •̀ ᗜ •́ * )ᕗ

Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:33 pm

Zeta Naaaah, that's fine!
I'm an oldie on VDex so I have tons of spare berries in my bag ;D
No need to give anything in return.
& as you're a newbie, feel free to keep your berries.
We all know that the beginning is the hardest ♡

Yugi Heeellooo~ I'm happy you're alive and well! \o/
And WOAH it has been so long? Time flies by so fast, it's horrific ;o;
Soon, I'll be an old lady with lots of wrinkles *sobs* noooo
How have you been doing? How's real life?

//Edit: Zeta, you don't have to trade back the foddermon I sent you ;)

Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:24 am
Profile ICQ

Seiko wrote:
Zeta Naaaah, that's fine!
I'm an oldie on VDex so I have tons of spare berries in my bag ;D
No need to give anything in return.
& as you're a newbie, feel free to keep your berries.
We all know that the beginning is the hardest ♡

//Edit: Zeta, you don't have to trade back the foddermon I sent you ;)

Thank you again for all of the berries! I really appreciate it! :'D

ImageImage

Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:57 am

Zeta You're very welcome ;-)
I can give you the other berries you're still missing as well – I actually thought I'd keep my party free to trade berries with Banana, however, it's seems that they haven't seen my offer yet xD

But don't worry, you can grow the berries you have now and if Banana won't respond soon-ish, I'll send you some trades again~

Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:16 am
Profile ICQ

Oi- thanks Seiko! That would be helpful! :awesome:

Now I've got a lot more berries. I'll list em if you want. Sorry i didn't see this sooner.

Today's team!

My shop

Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:29 am

Yup, go ahead and list the ones you have so I can send you a few of my extras~

Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:56 am
Profile ICQ

Alrighty, here goes.

1 - Charti, Pecha, Leppa, Lum, Figy, Magost, and Chople.

2 - Aspear.

3 - Charti and Liechi

I appreciate your help, thanks! :yay:

Today's team!

My shop

Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 877 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next