It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 7090 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 349, 350, 351, 352, 353, 354, 355  Next
[UMC] Ultimate Monotype Club! 

So, I don't have Y yet, but I think I have a good plan for what to do for a team. All 3 new fighting types are pretty cool. No more Fire/Fighting starters... but Chesnaught gives me a starter option right off the bat, so that's awesome. Blaziken's back for a second run too because Torchic's back again! Redemption for Emerald not being available for a while, I guess! [s]fire/fighting always comes through, get at me anyone who complained about not wanting it back[/s] Pangoro will probably be a lifesaver like Scrafty was with its typing for Psychic types, though their stats are pretty different. I think it's cool though. And Hawlucha is awesome! Its stats aren't the greatest but it's a new type combination that I've been hoping to see for a while. It might be one of my favorites already I have like 20 of them in X. FLYING PRESS IS SO COOL

My only real concern is that fairies bring a new weakness, especially for Pangoro... but Lucario from Korrina comes before they're really common, and its steel typing will be even better for me now! Not sure what to do with my 6th teamslot yet, I don't know all the other fighting types available. Maybe I'll just check as I go.

Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:23 pm

You can get Croagunk before the second gym (way before you get Lucario), and its Poison Typing will help you with Fairies nicely.

My 3DS FC is 0044-4243-1137. Send a PM if you add me!

Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:43 am

Grant and his gym are causing my team a lot more trouble than I expected. The only Pokemon of mine that can do anything useful in there are Charmeleon and Combusken.

Edit: Pansear is the most useless thing ever, so I just replaced it with an Eevee that I'm going to evolve to Flareon in a little bit.

Son of edit: Okay, who stays on my team until I catch a Litwick? Jalapeno the Flareon, or Morticia the Houndour?

Tumblr

Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:11 pm
Profile WWW

Finally!! I got my game of Pokemon Y yesterday and I played it. I will update my journal soon with my progression for my monotype challenge, but I'm so thrilled with it and I really LOVE the Pokemon-Amie feature.

Go check my giveaway. Lots of good stuff.
Great thread from Ardonye to keep in touch with everyone. Go on and post your contact info there.

Fold a crane for me please
ImageImage

Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:58 pm

Harmonious wrote:
Son of edit: Okay, who stays on my team until I catch a Litwick? Jalapeno the Flareon, or Morticia the Houndour?

I would probably get rid of Flareon. While it has an impressive attack stat, it's crippled by its really poor move pool.

And I'm glad that you're enjoying Y, Coco! :)

Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:05 pm

Jooce wrote:
Harmonious wrote:

I would probably get rid of Flareon. While it has an impressive attack stat, it's crippled by its really poor move pool.

And I'm glad that you're enjoying Y, Coco! :)

Flareon finally got Flare Blitz this gen! About time. It's still not particularly impressive but it's certainly a step up from before.

Didn't know about Croagunk though, that should be cool.

Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:31 pm

Thank you Jooce. I love it. I already have beated the first gym. Even though I had a cool Fennekin with me, I lost the first time. Now I have a Charmander so I shouldn't be beaten so easily next time.

Great thread from Ardonye to keep in touch with everyone. Go on and post your contact info there.

ImageImage

Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:11 pm

Finally got past Grant, and now I'm almost to Korrina's gym. Fletchinder and Braixen should make her an easy enough fight.

Tumblr

Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:03 pm
Profile WWW

Im at the Fairy gym at the moment, had a little struggle at the Grass one with all the electrical resistances.
It was nice to finally get the TM Thunderbolt after the electric gym though haha, /TEACH EVERYONE THUNDERBOLT/

My whole team is evolved and im wondering when Helioptile will evolve. Its taking a whiiiiiiile. He's 38 at the moment. I thought they evolved around 32-34.

Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:27 pm
Profile WWW

Sun Stone, Kismet. Helioptile needs a sun stone. :)
As far as I know, Bulbaoedia is pretty up-to-date with evolution methods for gen VI Pokémon, and it's working on movesets at the moment, so you can always check there if you're confused.

Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:05 pm

oh my gosh, haaa i feel so silly. Now i gotta go find one! *_*
thank you haha

Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:13 pm
Profile WWW

There's a dude in the city with the third Gym who gives you one if you give him the 'intriguing stone' key item, I think.

EDIT: There's also one on Route 13.

Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:01 pm

Now that I'm past Grant, I'm breezing through the game. I just beat Valerie last night. I'm about to catch a Litwick, which I'll use as a replacement for Talonflame. He's cool and all, but he's also kind of redundant since I have Charizard.

Tumblr

Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:54 pm
Profile WWW

Congrats!
It should be smooth sailing until the E4, now! :)

Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:16 pm

Doing great now, but i needed to catch a fletching to use as a Fly Slave haha
currently in Team Flares Base......nothing too bad.

I need to go get some Heart Scales, I'd like Jolteon to have Double Kick in his movepool for better type match ups...

Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:44 pm
Profile WWW

I'm only at route 8. Still a longway before getting to the next gym... Also, I only have Fennekin and Charmander. I should really into the pokedex to find another fire type pokemon. I won't take Fletchinder too since Charizard is the same types and is more powerful.

ImageImage

Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:07 pm

cocomonpetitcoq wrote:
I'm only at route 8. Still a longway before getting to the next gym... Also, I only have Fennekin and Charmander. I should really into the pokedex to find another fire type pokemon. I won't take Fletchinder too since Charizard is the same types and is more powerful.

Litleo can be found on Route 22, which is east of Santalune City. You can also get a Pansear in Santalune Forest, but I found mine to be completely useless.
Otherwise, your next stop is Route 10, which has Eevee and Houndour (the latter is X-exclusive). You can get a Fire Stone on Route 9.

Edit: Later today or tomorrow, I am going to start a run in a bootleg copy of Gold. Am considering doing a water mono. Thoughts?

Tumblr

Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:09 pm
Profile WWW

Thank you. Litleo is good since it has also normal type. I just did not know where to find it. Pansear might just be a slave as I can use for battles when all my others are fainted and I need to use a revive on each.

Eevee is good. I already got a fire stone so it's alright for me. Flareon, I'm coming for you baby. Unfortunately, I can't have Houndour since I have Y.

Good luck for your run with Gold.

ImageImage

Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:49 pm

While hunting for Litwick, I realized two things. One, today is Tuesday. Two, I don't really have a reliable counter for water. These two facts led me to catch a Rotom and make it possess a microwave. Welcome to the team, Electrolux, and farewell Morticia.

Current team:

Electrolux the Rotom (Heat) lv 38
Kiara the female Pyroar lv 47
Mell the female Delphox lv 48
Cecelia the female Litwick lv 38
unnamed male Blaziken lv 51
Heath the male Charizard lv 47

Tumblr

Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:27 pm
Profile WWW

Where are the appliances to get Rotom to possess? I was honestly under the impression that if you wanted to get a Rotom with a specific forme, you'd have to catch one with that particular forme (which I think is actually possible in X and Y).

Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7090 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 349, 350, 351, 352, 353, 354, 355  Next