It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
(●ゝω)ノヽ(∀<●) <( flあn! ) 

linebreak
      Hi, welcome to the foreign language club!
      This is a club for people who are learning a language, or just love languages in general.
      In spite of the title, this includes conlangs as well!
      Here you can discuss your experiences with languages, find a studying partner, or get help from another member fluent in your target language.
      Events will be held um monthly every other s-sometimes

linebreak
      1. From VDex's forum rules: "Use only English in the forums, please. An occasional word or two in other languages are fine, but don't post in any language other than English."
      You cannot make full posts in any language other than English, even if you add a translation. PMs, on the other hand, are foreign language-friendly.

2. No shunning other people's reasons for learning or liking a language.
      Wanting to learn Japanese for anime, Italian to better roleplay Ezio Auditore, etc. is okay here.

(October 18th, 2011) Thread up! Color palette: credit
      (October 18th, 2011) First Brightpowder Raffle begins!
      nothing yet
      nope

(1/4)

Last edited by Hale on Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:18 pm

Just fill out this application to be added to the member list!
      In exceptionally rare cases, users may be denied for having caused trouble in other clubs,
      but this will be handled via PM with that user and not in the thread, for their privacy.
      Quote:
      Also known as: (optional)
      Fluent language(s): (such as your native language)
      Current Favorite Language(s): (if you're not currently learning a language)
      Currently Learning: (if you are)
      Are you okay with being PMed by other members?:

linebreak
      Image If you see this icon, you can PM this member to talk about languages.

Image pmok (Owner) Hale : Fluent in English, learning Japanese, also loves German and Russian
        Image Image (Owner) Red Jester a.k.a. Red : Fluent in English, also loves Norwegian
        Image Image Ask_Ketchum123 a.k.a. Ace : Fluent in Tagalog/Filipino and English, learning Japanese and Tamil
        Image Image eleni : Fluent in English and Mandarin/Shanghai dialect, also loves Greek
        Image Image dracoon a.k.a. Drac : Fluent in English, Mandarin, and Singlish, learning multiple dialects
        Image Image Sicc a.k.a. Edina : Fluent in Hungarian, English, and German, also loves British and American English, German, Spanish, Russian, and Japanese
        Image Image veregna a.k.a. fay : Fluent in English, learning French, also loves Japanese
        Image Image Ardonye : Fluent in English and Thai, learning Japanese
        Image Image GenepeOrgel a.k.a. Gen : Fluent in English and Korean, partially fluent in Japanese and French (listening/reading), learning French, Latin, Greek, Spanish, and Mandarin, also loves Latin and Welsh
        Image Image Stardrop a.k.a. Star : Fluent in English, semi-fluent in French, learning Bulgarian and more French
        Image Image Ruki : Fluent in Spanish, learning English, also loves French, German, and Japanese
        Image Image Snowwy : Fluent in English and Mandarin, semi-fluent in Japanese, learning more Japanese, also loves Italian
        Image Image Rikuo a.k.a. Lauren : Fluent in English, knows some Old English and Quenya, also loves Japanese, Latin, and French
        Image Image NonExistent : Fluent in English, conversational Cantonese, Mandarin, and Italian, learning more Italian and Cantonese, also loves Japanese, German, and French
        Image Image Atroquinine a.k.a. Qui : Fluent in English, learning Japanese, also loves Welsh and Norwegian
        Image Image Azumarill a.k.a. azu uma : Fluent in English, learning Spanish, also loves Chinese and Japanese
        Image Image nellaxival a.k.a. Hayley : Fluent in English, learning Japanese and Irish, also loves Romance languages and Mandarin
        Image Image koala a.k.a. Lala : Fluent in English and Spanish, learning French, also loves Italian and German
        Image Image tinylightsflash a.k.a. Tiny : Fluent in English, learning Japanese, also likes French
        Image Image Angelstar a.k.a. Angel : Fluent in English and Mandarin Chinese, learning French, also loves Japanese, Spanish and Russian
        Image Image maramalade a.k.a. Marama : Fluent in English, learning Japanese
        Image Image Feli : Fluent in English, conversational German and conversational Japanese, learning German and Italian
        Image Image Battlerocket a.k.a. Battle : Fluent in English and Chinese, brushing up on their Chinese, loves English
        Image Image Typical Bad Guy : Fluent in English, learning Korean
        Image Image Obscene : Fluent in Finnish and English, loves Spanish, French, and Japanese
        Image Image vynka a.k.a. Alex : Fluent in Spanish and Catalan, learning Portuguese, also loves German and Latin
        Image Image joshsauce a.k.a. Josh : Fluent in English and Hebrew, studying Hebrew, loves English
        Image Image Lycaon a.k.a. Loki : Fluent in Brazilian Portuguese and English, learning Spanish, also loves Greek
        Image Image starberry : Fluent in Mandarin (a Chinese dialect) and English, learning Japanese
        Image Image harux3 a.k.a. Haruka : Fluent in English, Vietnamese, and Spanish, currently learning Japanese and more Vietnamese
        Image Image Vivian a.k.a. Vivienne : Fluent in English, learning French, also loves Russian
        Image Image samiho a.k.a. Nelle : Native Filipino speaker, fluent in English, learning Japanese, also loves Korean
        Image Image pocket : Fluent in English, loves French, Latin, Greek, Japanese, Thai, and Korean
        Image Image TimE a.k.a. みお (Mio) : Fluent in English, Korean, Japanese, and Mandarin, learning Spanish, French, and even more Mandarin
        Image Image Eon-Flamewing a.k.a. Cynthia : Fluent in English and Chinese, learning Japanese
        Image Image Myde a.k.a. Mydio or Mydechu : Fluent in Mandarin, English, and French, learning Japanese
        Image Image sokii a.k.a. Soki : Fluent in English, learning Japanese, also loves Spanish, Khmer, and Korean
        Image Image holyknight a.k.a. Lucas : Native Portuguese (Brazilian) speaker, knows English, currently learning French
        Image Image Raine : Fluent in English, learning Japanese, also loves Korean
        Image Image Reiyuu : Fluent in English, learning Japanese and runic alphabet(s), also loves German
        Image Image eevee22 a.k.a. Kj : Fluent in Swedish, learning English, Spanish, and more Swedish, also loves Japanese and Hungarian
        Image Image nobubanana a.k.a. Ming : Fluent in Cantonese, learning English, Japanese, and Bahasa Melayu, also loves German, French, Spanish, and Jawi
        Image Image Moon a.k.a. Hama : Fluent in English, Vietnamese, and Finnish, learning Swedish, French, and to a lesser degree Korean and Japanese
        Image Image Amethyst Lace : Fluent in Chinese and English, learning French, loves Latin and Greek
        Image Image tilka : Fluent in Finnish and English, learning Swedish and Spanish, also loves Russian
        Image Image Fredrocks a.k.a. Freed : Fluent in Spanish, learning English, also loves French
        Image Image TheAsteroidGirl a.k.a. Mich : Fluent in English, Tagalog, and Japanese, learning Italian
        Image Image Gylrein a.k.a. Sole, Solew, Sol, or Zoey : Fluent in Spanish and English, learning Japanese
        Image Image Char : Fluent in English and conversational Spanish, learning more Spanish
        Image Image Espeon shiny a.k.a. Eyffye : Fluent in Bulgarian, Spanish, and English, learning Latin and more English
        Image Image Faithfully a.k.a. Faith : Fluent in English, learning French, Spanish, German, Portuguese and Finnish, loves ALL THE LANGUAGES.
        Image Image Boldenouy : Fluent in French, learning English and German
        Image Image kamenashi a.k.a. k : Fluent in English, learning Japanese, Korean and German
        Image Image LunaticEyes a.k.a. Rosse : Fluent in Spanish, learning English, loves Spanish

linebreak
      Want to link to fl&n? Pick out your favorite button, then copy and paste the code below it into your signature or post!
      Specific language related buttons coming probably soon maybe!

Spoiler: show
      Image submitted by Red Jester
      Code:
      [url=http://forum.vdexproject.net/viewtopic.php?p=1455742#p1455742][img]http://i.imgur.com/46ZZY.gif[/img][/url]

Image flan puddi, submitted by Red Jester
      Code:
      [url=http://forum.vdexproject.net/viewtopic.php?p=1455742#p1455742][img]http://i.imgur.com/zfOE5.gif[/img][/url]

Image candy corn flan, submitted by Red Jester
      Code:
      [url=http://forum.vdexproject.net/viewtopic.php?p=1455742#p1455742][img]http://i.imgur.com/PpgKj.gif[/img][/url]

Image ghost flan, submitted by Red Jester
      Code:
      [url=http://forum.vdexproject.net/viewtopic.php?p=1455742#p1455742][img]http://i.imgur.com/BoiXw.gif[/img][/url]

Image frankenflan, submitted by Red Jester
      Code:
      [url=http://forum.vdexproject.net/viewtopic.php?p=1455742#p1455742][img]http://i.imgur.com/EYoSi.gif[/img][/url]

Other clubs run by the owners of flån:
      Image Image Image

? (2/4) ?

Last edited by Hale on Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:03 pm, edited 23 times in total.

Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:19 pm

Image☆★☆ Brightpowder Raffle! ☆★☆
      (Runs from October 18th - October 31st) Over!
      Spoiler: show
      Just post somewhere in the thread saying that you'd like to be entered for the Brightpowder Raffle to have your name added to the list. At the end of the event, an entrant will be chosen via random number generator to receive their prize. Members only! (It's okay if you just joined, too♥)

(3/4)

Last edited by Hale on Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:57 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:20 pm

(4/4)

Last edited by Hale on Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:21 pm

reserved just in case

Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:22 pm

cuttin the big red ribbon on our beautiful baby of a thread

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:13 am
Profile WWW

Signing up~ :3

Also known as: Ace
Fluent language(s): Tagalog/Filipino, English
Current Favorite Language(s): Japanese <3
Currently Learning: Japanese, Tamil (School project)
Are you okay with being PMed by other members?: Of course~

I'll smile as I'm gazing down
'Cos I've always wondered why
We won't need feathers to fly

Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:20 am

Oh wow, this is a gorgeous thread. Loving the witty club name, too! <3 (Also, that flan icon * A*)

Fluent language(s): English, Mandarin / Shanghai dialect
Current Favorite Language(s): Greek!*
Currently Learning: Nothing, unfortunately!
Are you okay with being PMed by other members?: Sure!

* I'm not familiar at all with the language tbh haha, but I've been re-reading The Odyssey, so! I think Greek words are really beautiful c:

Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:25 am
Profile WWW

Also known as: Drac
Fluent language(s): English, Mandarin, Singlish XD
Current Favorite Language(s): Singlish!
Currently Learning: A slew of dialects
Are you okay with being PMed by other members?: Yeah, I'm fine.

Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:14 am

THE PERFECT CLUB FOR ME *A*

Also known as: Edina
Fluent language(s): Hungarian, English, German
Current Favorite Language(s): English (both British and American), German, Spanish, Russian, Japanese (I'm a language freak)
Currently Learning: None atm. :c
Are you okay with being PMed by other members?: Sure!

Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:59 am
Profile WWW
Pretty Princess

sfhsdg I've been waiting for this club to come up!

f-finally a place to continue that tl;dr on classical japanese from forever ago /punched

Also known as: fay
Fluent language(s): english (sometimes) (questionable)
Current Favorite Language(s): um, I guess japanese!? it's stuck with me the longest
Currently Learning: french
Are you okay with being PMed by other members?: ouais!

I love languages. ;O;! I have a moderate history of formally studying various languages (to date: Mandarin, Japanese, French, Swedish, Russian) though I admittedly am not fluent in any of them - or even vaguely capable of speaking most, since I jump around so much. But I do love each and every language I dabble in! Sometimes I think about going back to some of them.

I've studied French and Japanese the longest (this year is my 8th year for the former, but I'm taking an introductory course since it's been-- well, 8 years since I last studied French; and while I'm not formally studying Japanese anymore, I can say I've spent about 5 years with it). I think the shortest I've studied a language was when I attempted Farsi: I bailed after the first class when it was obvious the prof wasn't going to be very helpful. :(a Maybe some other time.

I speak English and horribly broken Hainanese at home.

NICE TO MEET YOU ALL o/

Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:17 am
Manly Princess

Also known as: Ardonye
Fluent language(s): English, Thai
Current Favorite Language(s): English because it's the easiest for me |Da
Currently Learning: Japanese
Are you okay with being PMed by other members?: Yup

helloooo \o/

I love the little wobbly flan thing hnggg MUST FIND A WAY TO ADD THAT IN MY SIGNATURE o___o

[shop] [buying] [journal] [natures] [wishlist]

Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:21 am
Profile WWW

Also known as: Gen
Fluent language(s): English, Korean, [Japanese], [French]
Current Favorite Language(s): Latin, Welsh
Currently Learning: French, Latin, Greek, Spanish, Mandarin
Are you okay with being PMed by other members?: Sole reason for joining, yes
Those in [square brackets] means that I'm fluent in listening/reading, but speak/writes brokenly //disregard my random grammatical errors.

Just signing up since I've yet to see anyone fluent in a language I'm fluent in; expect me to be more of a 'PM when you need me' person than someone who's actually here actively.

also adding two sites I commonly use for Kanji/Hanja. [which are also mostly Chinese Characters, but there are a few variations] Naver Hanja Dictionary has a white square on the side of the page which you can actually draw a hanja in to search; the one with lines cutting it into like eight triangles, not the one with sixteen squares. Most characters are in there; sorry about how the actual site is completely in Korean, but you can copy paste the character and use the Mahou Kanji Dictionary to search the result for english meanings and variations.

Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:20 am
Profile WWW

Also known as: Star
Fluent language(s): English
Current Favorite Language(s): French olawd. It's just so pretty to read and hear spoken sdkljg;l
Currently Learning: Bulgarian, French [I'm semi-fluent but I'm always looking for ways to improve my understanding of it]
Are you okay with being PMed by other members?: yes sure~

I would really love it if I could find a language partner.

tumblr twitter last.fmsig art credit

Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:13 am
Profile WWW

★ Fluent language(s): Spanish.
    ★ Current Favorite Language(s): French, German & Japanese.
    ★ Currently Learning: English.
    ★ Are you okay with being PMed by other members?: Sure ♥.

絶望 | | 希望

Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:54 pm
Profile WWW

Fluent language(s): English, Mandarin, Japanese (ish)
Current Favorite Language(s): Japanese, Italian (not that I know a single word yet, but someday I will! XD)
Currently Learning: Always looking to improve my Japanese <3
Are you okay with being PMed by other members?: Sure~!

By the way, could I enter the raffle please? :)

ImageImageImageImage

Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:16 pm

Also known as: Lauren
Current Favourite Language(s): Japanese, Latin, French.
Are you okay with being PMed by other members?: yep!

this club is 100% relevant to my interests 8D

I was struggling with whether to put things like Old English and Quenya in there when I neither know them well at all nor am learning them currently. anyway hi!

Buying: Shinies, Ghosts, Legends!
(Offering PD/Parcels/Items/Pokemon)
FC: 2105-8765-4180

Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:54 pm

Fluent language(s): English, conversational Cantonese, Mandarin, and Italian. And Chinglish
Current Favorite Language(s): Cantonese, Japanese, German, French, and Italian
Currently Learning: Italian and bits of Cantonese at home.
Are you okay with being PMed by other members?: Totally :D

This club is already awesome and it's only in its earliest stages XD

Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:38 pm
Profile WWW

ooooh, language club~!

Also known as: Qui
Current Favorite Language(s): Welsh, Japanese, Norwegian
Currently Learning: Formally, I'm not. However, I've been self-teaching myself Japanese for a while now.
Are you okay with being PMed by other members?: Sure. /o/

twitter tumblr mfc avatar art   

Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:09 pm

WELCOME FLAMBERS !! enjoy your complimentary flans

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:53 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 265 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next