It is currently Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 22859 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1138, 1139, 1140, 1141, 1142, 1143  Next
⇝ what's .your .sign?[a star sign club] 

I'm happy to see that so many older members have stayed on VDex until now! o wo

It's so weird to know that I got to know VDex almost four years ago... I was a completely different person back then, just trying to find something fun that helps me with my bad English skills.
Glad to see that it worked out perfectly for me and that I've found so many great friends to talk to.

Well, and slightly better English lmao.

WISHLIST SHOP AUCTION BUYING

Hi there! If you want to stay in touch, feel free to add me or drop me a line! :)
              ––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
              tumblr: narubabe.tumblr.com
              twitter: @seikothings
              email & facebook: pm me!

Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:18 am
Profile ICQ

\o/

I joined VDex just when I was about to enter college. Now that I've graduated, I guess you could say this site helped me through a lot of it? Often to the detriment of my homework quality.

find me:
tumblr | aywas | steam: stormhover

ImageImage

Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:17 pm
Profile WWW

WyndiWingfall wrote:
this site helped me through a lot of it? Often to the detriment of my homework quality.
^ this is exactly how it's been for me in my three years in high school |D o7

Buuut we both graduated and are happy, aren't we?! I think to join a forum like VDex and to spend so much free time here wasn't a bad decision at all ;)

Hi there! If you want to stay in touch, feel free to add me or drop me a line! :)

Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:58 am
Profile ICQ

Today is my birthday. I am now 20. I am starting to feel old.

Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:11 am
Profile WWW

Happy birthday, Red Eyes!! ❤ ;D

Naaaah, you're still at the very beginning of your awesome life! Everything under 20 is just a training... boring stuff like school ew.
But soon the cool things start like own apartment? Buying furniture and decorating rooms? Buying a nice car? Um... being an adult? o7 |D

Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:19 am
Profile ICQ

Hi! My name is: sfalumberjack08
But you can call me: Saki, Foxy, Cheryl
I was born on: January 6, 1990
And my favorite color is: #FF0000
An interesting fact about myself: I'm the oldest & only granddaughter on mom's side of the family. :awesome: And I got my Master's in Elementary Education a few months ago.

"You're not allowed to give yourself a nickname. This holds true in life as well as in poker." ~Richard Roeper

96% of people would smile remembering fond memories of Pokémon as a child if the theme song started playing or hum/sing it quietly.
3% of people would not know it/ignore it. Put this in your signature if you are the 1% of people who would start singing the words to the song... LOUDLY!

Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:47 am

Seiko wrote:

Naaaah, you're still at the very beginning of your awesome life! Everything under 20 is just a training... boring stuff like school ew.
But soon the cool things start like own apartment? Buying furniture and decorating rooms? Buying a nice car? Um... being an adult? o7 |D

Thanks. I think I'd rather own a small house than an apartment.

Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:51 am
Profile WWW

Red Eyes wrote:
Seiko wrote:

Thanks. I think I'd rather own a small house than an apartment.
I second that. But it's pretty expensive lol

sfalumberjack08 wrote:
An interesting fact about myself: I'm the oldest & only granddaughter on mom's side of the family. :awesome: And I got my Master's in Elementary Education a few months ago.
Welcome to the club, Saki! And wooh for getting the Master! * o *
Man, you must be so proud to achieve it! I hope that someday I'll be able to get my sh*t together and so something cool as well \o/

btw people. I know it's not the right thread but... Naruto manga is ending on 10th November. *gross sobbing*
i am not ready even though they stated that it would end this year like in april? i knew it but... oh my god

Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:07 am
Profile ICQ

Seiko wrote:
sfalumberjack08 wrote:
Welcome to the club, Saki! And wooh for getting the Master! * o *
Man, you must be so proud to achieve it! I hope that someday I'll be able to get my sh*t together and so something cool as well \o/

Oh yes! It took six years total to get my Bachelor's (four and a half) & Master's (year and half). :3

"You're not allowed to give yourself a nickname. This holds true in life as well as in poker." ~Richard Roeper

96% of people would smile remembering fond memories of Pokémon as a child if the theme song started playing or hum/sing it quietly.
3% of people would not know it/ignore it. Put this in your signature if you are the 1% of people who would start singing the words to the song... LOUDLY!

Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:34 am

I see. So it's pretty much the same like here in Germany :Oa
Must have been hard work... and what are you doing now? Like, has work started for you already or are you making something like a gab year etc?

Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:24 pm
Profile ICQ

Well... >.< I've applied to tons of school districts but never got an actual teaching job. :sob:
So now I'm stuck subbing as well as working at Target. :bah:

Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:26 pm

oh, I wish you good luck with finding a teaching job soon! It happens to often that people are well-educated but somehow nobody wants them.
I don't get it. But having work at all is nice and getting the job you want someday is hella nice~ ! \o/

Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:42 pm
Profile ICQ

I just have this gut feeling I won't be subbing for this one "district" as I think one of the principals might've put in a bad report about me.
All because I didn't have "good classroom management skills" and that I "couldn't keep the kids quiet." No one could get them to shut up during lessons.

Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:55 pm

I guess I should update you all on my life, so - after three months of churning out job applications, I'm officially an AmeriCorps member! I'll be working with immigrants to help pass their citizenship tests and become self-sufficient in the U.S.

Red Eyes wrote:
Today is my birthday. I am now 20. I am starting to feel old.

Happy birthday, old man. lol
(No, really, save it for next year. Twenty-one is where things peak and start going downhill....)

sfalumberjack08 wrote:

Hi and welcome! Congratulations on getting your Master's - and I hope the job hunt smooths out for you!

find me:
tumblr | aywas | steam: stormhover

ImageImage

Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:52 pm
Profile WWW

WyndiWingfall wrote:
sfalumberjack08 wrote:

Hi and welcome! Congratulations on getting your Master's - and I hope the job hunt smooths out for you!

Thanks! Yeah... hopefully I'll pick up an actual job next school year. x.x

Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:59 pm

My friend who lives in Texas, says the schools there suck. Is it true? I mean by no offense by this and I am sorry if this caused any offense.

Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:56 pm
Profile WWW

Red Eyes wrote:
My friend who lives in Texas, says the schools there suck. Is it true? I mean by no offense by this and I am sorry if this caused any offense.

Oh no no! There was certainly no offense. :3
Some school districts do suck -like Dallas- while others are excellent -like my home district Allen-.

Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:10 pm

Dunno what these districts are... Do they have different educational systems and therefore different umm levels?
This is a topic in Germany these days. Certain regions have a better school system thus students have better grades and achieve more in life. Also, the amount of stress and things to learn is differently from region to region, which basically means that employers will gladly take students from a certain region even if they have worse grades because they had to do a lot of extra work which others didn't have. :Ua

Interesting but confusing. And it's pretty unfair because it shouldn't depend on the city you live in what kind of education you get in the end! You should have the same possibilities everywhere. :c

Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:52 am
Profile ICQ

Location: Creeping ever so slowly towards you right at this very moment.
I like that kind of education too but if everyone has the same qualifications, then it'll be tougher to get certain jobs.
It's an ideal way of thinking. But I suppose it wouldn't hurt anyone |D.

Oh and besides, a number of people often make use of their family and other social connections anyway so it's not just the education that matters X).

Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:20 am
Profile WWW

Seiko wrote:
Dunno what these districts are... Do they have different educational systems and therefore different umm levels?
This is a topic in Germany these days. Certain regions have a better school system thus students have better grades and achieve more in life. Also, the amount of stress and things to learn is differently from region to region, which basically means that employers will gladly take students from a certain region even if they have worse grades because they had to do a lot of extra work which others didn't have. :Ua

Interesting but confusing. And it's pretty unfair because it shouldn't depend on the city you live in what kind of education you get in the end! You should have the same possibilities everywhere. :c

I always thought the Dallas school district would be better as it's a bigger city than let's say...Allen. But nope: it turns out working in Dallas ISD requires you to spend more money than what you make as the teacher salary isn't all that great. Allen has been known to -and I'm not bragging by any means- have rich people even though there are poor people here and there.
Rising Road King wrote:
I like that kind of education too but if everyone has the same qualifications, then it'll be tougher to get certain jobs.
It's an ideal way of thinking. But I suppose it wouldn't hurt anyone |D.

Oh and besides, a number of people often make use of their family and other social connections anyway so it's not just the education that matters X).

Oh the social connections. x.x; I have a bunch of those, but I still didn't get the job at any of the schools.

Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 22859 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1138, 1139, 1140, 1141, 1142, 1143  Next