It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
[ Inception FC ] ♛ YOU'VE JUST BEEN INCEPTED。 

YOU'VE JUST BEEN INCEPTED。

A N ... I N C E P T I O N ... F A N C L U B

MINDBLOWN BY THE AWESOMENESS THAT IS CHRISTOPHER NOLAN'S INCEPTION?

DO YOU WISH YOU COULD BE DiCAPRIO AND MESS WITH PEOPLE'S MINDS?
DO YOU WISH YOU WERE GORDON-LEVITT DEFYING... anti-gravity (?)?
DO YOU WANT TO BEND BUILDINGS AND TWIST BUILDINGS IN SUCH A WAY THAT IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO ENTER (OR ESCAPE)?
DO YOU WANT TO BUY AN AIRLINE?
DO YOU LIKE TO SLAP PEOPLE TO TEST A SEDATIVE?
DO YOU ENJOY WAITING FOR TRAINS (THAT WILL TAKE YOU FAR AWAY)?

DO YOU WANT TO DREAM A LITTLE BIGGER DARLING?

Or... maybe you just really, really like the movie? ♥ If any of the above (and more) apply to you,
please feel free to join and spread the INCEPTION (yes, it needs to be in caps, bolded,
and italicized) love!

● ● ● I N C E P T I O N wrote:

"D r e a m s ... f e e l ... r e a l ... w h e n ... w e ' r e ... i n ... t h e m .
It's only when we wake up that we realize something was actually strange."

INCEPTION is a 2010 film directed by the awesome Christopher Nolan (you know, that guy that also brought you THE DARK KNIGHT and MEMENTO), starring the fine-looking, sexyback-bringing cast that is Leonardo DiCaprio, Ken Watanabe, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ellen Page, Marion Cotillard, Tom Hardy, Cillian Murphy, Dileep Rao, Michael Caine, and Tom Berenger. You get to visit New York, Paris, mountain tops, beaches on the shores of your subconscious, five-star hotels, and other awesome places.

AND IT'S ALL IN YOUR MIND. YEAH. THAT'S RIGHT: YOUR MIND. You get to traverse dreams and indulge in mind crime; it doesn't get any better than that. fr srs.

YOU'VE JUST BEEN INCEPTED. is a fanclub for the aforementioned epic movie. Here you may discuss the film, the characters, the fandom, the actors, the BAMF moments, LIFE—anything. Relate it to VDex and Pokémon and receive internet cookies in return. Yes.

If you have any ideas or comments about improvement, etc. I'd love to hear them. Thanks!

ANNOUNCEMENTS AND EVENTS。

U P D A T E D ... 1 0 . 2 8

Spoiler: show
A N N O U N C E M E N T S wrote:

[ 06.14 ] Adding more members as I type! School and life has kept me busy, but hopefully I'll be able to keep up better now that it's summer.

[ 03.22 ] (+5 MEMBERS ) New activity for all of you: INCEPTION TEST. At the moment it's located there, but will most likely be moved to the main page very soon.~

[ 03.19 ] (+2 MEMBERS) MR. CHARLES YOU WILL BE FOUND. (see below for details~) Also: WHOA! 10 members! 8D I never thought we'd actually come this far. *shoos pessimism away* Look out for a coming event!

[ 02.24 ] (+4 MEMBERS) Discussing ideas for a potential mascot. 8D

[ 02.12 ] Renamed "Pointman" to "Point Man" to keep things consistent; I prefer the no space, but many people refer to it with the space. :x This doesn't affect anything, though; I just thought it'd best to make note of it.

[ 02.10 ] (+3 MEMBERS) New banners and codes are up! I've noticed that there's some variety in roles already, which is great. ^ ^ I was afraid that some would be more overpopulated than others, but this is a great start.

[ 02.09 ] OPEN! (+1 MEMBER) And a small V-DAY event is up if you'd like to do your sending a little different. :D

JOIN, DARLING。

◦ Just fill this out and you’re in! Only the asterisked (*) stuff is required; if you don’t want to indulge your movie favorites, you don’t need to.~

◦ If you choose to not fill something in, delete it completely from the form.

Code:
*[b]USERNAME:[/b] (If you'd like a special title name, tell me that here.)
*[b]ID URL:[/b]
*[b]ROLE:[/b] (Choose from Architect, Chemist, Extractor, Mark, Point Man, Shade, Tourist)
[b]COLOR:[/b] (For displaying purposes on the awesome member list.)

[b]POKÉMON(S) W/ AN INSPIRED NAME:[/b] (Have a Pokémon named after a character/inspired by the film? YOU KNOW YOU DO.)

[b]FAVORITE CHARACTER(S):[/b]
[b]FAVORITE QUOTE:[/b]
[b]ARE YOU DREAMING?[/b] (Y/Y AMIRITE)

[b]REASONS WHY:[/b]
[b]YOU WISH YOU COULD:[/b]

THEY'REDREAMINGNOTHEY'REAWAKENOTHEY'REDREAMINGNOTHEY'REAWAKE
NO, THEY’RE REALLY DREAMING…

Members listed by chosen role and then alphabetically. Thanks for joining, guys!

USERNAME ● POKÉMON (if given) ● CHARACTERS ● DREAMING/NOT/ETC

EXTRACTOR

Echo (BubbleEcho) Totem SAITO, ARTHUR HELL YEAH!
Arthur: "secret (albeit manly) place! How could you mess up the carpet?!"
Nash: "I didn't know he was gonna rub his damn cheek on it!"

Vae TBA! ARTHUR, EAMES DREAMING!
"Your condescension is always much appreciated, Arthur, thank you."

POINT MAN

Atrociatas TBA! ARTHUR, COBB DREAMING!
"So, now we're trapped in Fischer's mind battling his own private army; and if we get killed, we'll be lost in limbo 'til our brains turn to scrambled egg."

Captain Omega (INoLongerWantMyMTV) Ariadne, Mal FISCHER, ARTHUR, EAMES, YUSUF, MAL TIME TO MAKE A TOTEM!
"Couldn't somebody have dreamt up a goddamn beach?"

kaorikuni TBA! ARTHUR, MAL DREAMING + CAN'T TELL REALITY ANYMORE
"You couldn't have peed before you went under?"

Kismet TBA! ARTHUR DREAMING!
"I'll come back. And we'll be young men together again."

Lupe_brodrax TBA! ARTHUR, EAMES YARR RLY!
"You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling."

Skye ARTHUR

ARCHITECT

Biny EAMES
"It’s perfectly possible. Just bloody difficult."

Destiny Eames MAL LUCID DREAMER!

FireKuraWolf TBA! ARIADNE YES!
"An elegant solution for keeping track of reality."

BeyondtheFail BWOOOONG! ARIADNE, COBB, EAMES, SAITO DREAMING + FORMING DREAMS!
"If we are gonna perform Inception then we need imagination."

FORGER

3AM MAL WILL GUT YOU COBB, EAMES, SAITO DREAMING BIGGER
"I bought the airline."

MintIceTea ● TBA! ● ARTHUR, ROBERT FISCHER ● NO, OR IS SHE???
"Quick, give me a kiss."

CHEMIST

Luka TBA! ROBERT FISCHER DREAMING!
"You're waiting for a train. A train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you don't know for sure. But it doesn't matter, because we'll be together."

WyndiWingfall TBA! ARTHUR, ARIADNE ALWAYS!
"What is the most resilient parasite? Bacteria? A virus? An intestinal worm? An idea. Resilient, highly contagious. Once an idea has taken hold of the brain, it's almost impossible to eradicate."

TOURIST

laughing_comedy TBA! EAMES, ARTHUR, SAITO DREAMING! ARE YOU?
"You're asking me for Inception. I hope you do understand the gravity of that request."

MARK

sjh10369 Saito, Ariadne ARTHUR NOT DREAMING
"All your complexities, your perfections, your imperfections..."

SHADE

DREAM A LITTLE BIGGER。

Banners and link backs for you awesome people. ^ ^~ If you'd like to donate some of your own, just post and they'll be added.

Whether or not you direct link is of no import (unless stated otherwise), so feel free to if you'd like! Hit the [spoilers] to see more.

Code:
[center][url=http://forum.vdexproject.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=15151][img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b208/riraii/CQ/yjbi0.gif[/img][/url][/center]

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

In the image code, replace "[INSERT]" with your chosen role (all lowercase letters and no spaces).

Code:
[center][url=http://forum.vdexproject.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=15151][img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b208/riraii/CQ/yjbi_[INSERT].png[/img][/url][/center]

YOU'VE JUST BEEN INCEPTED.
Code:
✖ [size=78][url=http://forum.vdexproject.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=15151][color=#400080][b]YOU'VE JUST BEEN INCEPTED.[/b][/color][/url][/size]

DREAMING BIGGER
Code:
✖ [size=78][url=http://forum.vdexproject.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=15151][color=#408000][b]DREAMING BIGGER[/b][/color][/url][/size]

KEEP CALM and DREAM A LITTLE BIGGER
Code:
♛ [size=78][url=http://forum.vdexproject.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=15151][color=#FF0000][b]KEEP CALM and DREAM A LITTLE BIGGER[/b][/color][/url][/size]

HAI, WE'RE LOOKING FOR THE EVER ELUSIVE MR. CHARLES。

(above courtesy of vae for finding it ♥ )

WHO: THE ELUSIVE MR. CHARLES
    WHAT: Silver Noctowl
    WHY: BECAUSE IT MUST BE DONE. FOR MASCOT PURPOSES OBVIOUSLY, KK.
    WHERE: Johto's NATIONAL PARK at night is where he will most likely lurk.

THE SEARCH CONTINUES. \o WHOA WAT CHECK THIS OUT, courtesy of sjh10369.~

Last edited by 3AM on Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:08 pm, edited 57 times in total.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:35 am
Profile WWW

HEEEEEEEEEELL YES!

*USERNAME: Kismet
*ID URL: http://vdexproject.net/user.php?&user=19681
*ROLE: Pointman!
COLOR: color=#8040BF
POKÉMON(S) W/ AN INSPIRED NAME: TBA!

FAVORITE CHARACTER(S): Arthur!
FAVORITE QUOTE: "I'll come back. And we'll be young men together again. "
ARE YOU DREAMING? YES

Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:09 am
Profile WWW

FFFFFFFFF-- Our first member! (ゃ'∀')ノ Thank you so much for joining! <3

Awesome quote, by the way. And Arthur is, as you know, ♥.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:30 am
Profile WWW

*USERNAME: kaorikuni
*ID URL: http://vdexproject.net/user.php?user=14340
*ROLE: Pointman /but Tourist is fun too <3/
COLOR: #00BFFF

POKÉMON(S) W/ AN INSPIRED NAME: Not yet. SOON.

FAVORITE CHARACTER(S):Arthur <3, Mal
[b]FAVORITE QUOTE:
Why there are so many D: "You couldn't have peed before you went under? "
ARE YOU DREAMING? I don't know one reality 'nymore

REASONS WHY: Because it pwns my mind
YOU WISH YOU COULD: I want to buy an airline while being Levitt.

Did I pass :D?

ImageImage

Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:15 pm

OF COURSE YOU PASS. 8D ESPECIALLY BECAUSE IT PWNS YOUR MIND.

Aw geez, your quote. Yusuf.~ <3 But yeah, there are a ton of nice lines in this film. ;)

Added as Pointman.~ <3

Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:39 pm
Profile WWW

*USERNAME: BeyondTheFail
*ID URL: TBA, since I can't get to my profile at the moment due to the game being down
*ROLE: Architect
COLOR: #BF0040

POKÉMON(S) W/ AN INSPIRED NAME: TBA, will rename my Regigigas

FAVORITE CHARACTER(S): Ariadne, Cobb, Eames, Saito
FAVORITE QUOTE: "If we are gonna perform Inception then we need imagination."
ARE YOU DREAMING? I'm not just dreaming, I'm forming the dream!

Favorite exchange: Arthur: It would have to be a 747.
Cobb: Why is that?
Arthur: Because in a 747, the pilot's up top, and the first class cabin's in the nose, so no one would walk through. But you'd have to buy out the entire cabin. And the first class flight attendant...
Saito: I bought the airline.
[Everybody turns and stares at him. Saito just shrugs]
Saito: It seemed neater.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior!! If you do too and aren't afraid to admit it, copy and paste this into your signature.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:23 pm

eeeeeeee! :yay: THANKS SO MUCH! Its so damn exciting!

Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:18 am
Profile WWW

*USERNAME: Luka
*ID URL: http://vdexproject.net/user.php?&user=2233
*ROLE: Chemist
COLOR: #FFBFFF

POKÉMON(S) W/ AN INSPIRED NAME: SOMEDAY. Why do I never nickname any of my Pokemon. :[

FAVORITE CHARACTER(S): Robert Fisher CILLIAN MURPHY HAS SUCH PRETTY EYES
FAVORITE QUOTE: "You're waiting for a train. A train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you don't know for sure. But it doesn't matter, because we'll be together."
ARE YOU DREAMING? YES.

REASONS WHY: Nothing is certain.

YOU WISH YOU COULD: steal Fisher's eyes

Luka's Breedables!

Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:54 am
Profile WWW

BeyondtheFail: ROFLMAO. That has to be one of my favorite exchanges, too! XD Saito and his wealth and his carpet will own you.

And no worries! I snagged your ID URL from your signature, so don't worry about it. ;) You've been added. Welcome our first architect!

Kismet: OF COURSE IT'S EXCITING. IT'S INCEPTION. But really, thank you. <333

Luka: Added as our first chemist! :D Love the quote you've chosen; the epicness is oozing from it.

LOL. XD Cillian Murphy has the most distracting eyes. Whenever there's a close-up shot, his blue eyes just shoot right at you. They're so... sparkly like Edward /is shot. Murphy and Fischer are just GQ.

OH YEAH. REMEMBER HOW I SAID THERE WOULD BE MORE BANNERS?

Code:
[center][url=http://forum.vdexproject.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=15151][img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b208/riraii/CQ/yjbi0.gif[/img][/url][/center]

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

In the image code, replace "[INSERT]" with your chosen role (all lowercase letters and no spaces)!

Code:
[center][url=http://forum.vdexproject.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=15151][img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b208/riraii/CQ/yjbi_[INSERT].png[/img][/url][/center]

HERE THEY ARE.

They've been added to the main post, too. 8D If you're having problem with the codes, just let me know!

EDIT: Sorry; the image extension at the end of the second batch of codes was wrong (.gif instead of .png). But it's fixed!

Last edited by 3AM on Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:57 am
Profile WWW

hot diggety! Those are AMAZING banners! :yay:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:59 am
Profile WWW

By the way, if you want a Pokémon of mine that's Inception themed, look at my Regigigas.

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior!! If you do too and aren't afraid to admit it, copy and paste this into your signature.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:27 am

*USERNAME: Skye
*ID URL: http://vdexproject.net/user.php?user=12949
*ROLE: Pointman
COLOR: #000080

FAVORITE CHARACTER(S): ARTHUR <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Image Image Image

Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:15 am
Profile WWW

Kismet: Thank you, m'dear. ^/////^

BeyondTheFail: That is a GLORIOUS NAME and a glorious Pokémon. A+, love it! Have a bwoong. 8D Added!

Skye: Added as Point Man! ^ ^ Thanks for joining!

INCEPTION TEST: ASSEMBLE THE TEAM

I don't know if anyone has seen this, but this is a link from the official website where you can test yourself and find out what role you're best suited for in an extraction team. It's like a personality test I believe; I haven't taken it yet because of my horrid internet connection, but I'm curious to what you guys may get. ;) Take it if you're feeling bold! (I'll post up my results once it actually loads for me. 8|)

Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:10 am
Profile WWW

I just got the Architect! XD

Edit: An idea; You should ask if everyone can take that test, and whatever their results are, should be the banner they use! <3

Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:54 am
Profile WWW

>,> that test made me think of myself as an ass. go me :<
and the final question askdghksdakhfksdhfsklda. i stood no chance.

I'm a chemist!
(and the description is totally me. ouch)
EDIT: now it says architect.

has anyone else done it?

ImageImage

Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:55 pm

OoOoOo, architect, Kismet! X3 You must have been flawless on the last test. Like kaorikuni, I was pretty fail at it. XD I stared at the screen, but I didn't anticipate it to change so fast.

Hehe, I know what you mean, kaorikuni. :x Some of the questions about "putting others' needs above your own" always made me feel like a jerk when I answered them. *pats* Chemist is an awesome result, though. XD But I don't remember the description... I'm going to need to find the time to reload the website and look at the results page again.

Hum... I dunno about the idea with using the test for the banners/roles since the other roles I included (Shade, Tourist, Mark) weren't results. XD Feel free to snag what you got on the first try and use it, though.

In any case, the test loaded for me (finally)!

THE EXTRACTOR
Quote:
You are an ideas person. A con man with a guilty conscience, you have good intentions but are conflicted by your decisions at times. You desire to be in control and to have a deep understanding of those around you. You are caring and driven by emotions, and sometimes more focused on the past than the present.

I'm content with my result, and it fits me pretty well. ^ ^ Anyone else? I'm going to see if I can post up all the results under a spoiler tag in case people want descriptions. ;) DONE! Just got Point Man on this run (my 2nd try). XD

Here are all of the possible results:

THE EXTRACTOR
Quote:
You are an ideas person. A con man with a guilty conscience, you have good intentions but are conflicted by your decisions at times. You desire to be in control and to have a deep understanding of those around you. You are caring and driven by emotions, and sometimes more focused on the past than the present.

THE POINT MAN
Quote:
You are driven by the end goal. The Point Man acts for the greater good, is proactive, and keeps commitments. You favor strategy over emotion and courageously put people and projects you are about ahead of yourself. Your loyalty brings you to the defense of your friends, even if you don’t agree with them.

THE ARCHITECT
Quote:
You are extremely intelligent and fiercely independent. With a high level of creativity and curiosity, you often seek out new experiences without initially understanding them fully. Your attention to detail and sharp memory cause others to look to your for solutions.

THE FORGER
Quote:
You are opportunistic and have a true understanding of personalities, which allows you to deceive and manipulate others. To achieve an end goal, you exercise your wit and ability to control. You are often the voice of reason among your peers because of your extensive knowledge of limitations.

THE CHEMIST
Quote:
You exhibit professionalism and a passion for your work. You are highly aware of others’ needs and maintain high standards and fair expectations from those around you. As a trustworthy resource, you are true to yourself, clever, and exhibit a genuine curiosity and thirst for knowledge.

Also, anybody else have any favorite INCEPTION macros? I'd like to augment my collection if possible. 8D (Keep it within the forum rules, though!)

Any VDex goals you guys are working towards? :Y Life is just throwing tons of work at me ATM, so basically I'm just trying to get up that Pokémon count to the next badge. BUT REFRESHING IS SO TEDIOUS IDEK. Did you guys manage to get any Vulpix before the event became on-hold, though? :3

Last edited by 3AM on Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:31 am
Profile WWW

Yeah I was all "What? You could have said something before flashing things. :<"

Chemist has a nice description. :3 I bet that typing all the descriptions could get bothersome.

Well, I wanted some retro miltank but after getting three yellow pokemon and a shiny, I gave up. And then I found a RB vulpix. What? I'll just wander aimlessly from now on.

NO :< I could only hunt for a day and a half and even without lag, those vulpix...
My dream's architect and I are going to have some serious tlak. /lol lame jk

ImageImage

Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:14 am

Love Milktank. ♥ It's one of the few I can recognize since I'm not too much of a Pokémon stan. :Y The only areas I can navigate easily around are the Kanto and Hoenn regions. My favorites are mostly from Gen. I. XDDD

Such luck with the retros, though! laskjflaksjdf RB Vulpix. X3 I generally have horrible luck; it took me forever to find my first shiny (a Wailmer, rofl). Haha, I get too distracted easily from my refreshing spouts by other cool stuff on the internets. :awesome: Buuuuuuut the V-Day event's back up—go snag something unless you have already! 8D

lololololololololol. INCEPTION REFERENCES ARE NEVER LAME. *gives you e-cookies*

Before the event went down I had a long, tedious run on snagging V-Day Vulpix. Refreshed forever. (1) Red, but got away. :< (2) Red, caught. (3) Refreshed past a Green laskjflkajsdf I KNOW. (4) Green, caught. (5) Refreshed past a Blue /shoots self.

After the second time I missed refreshing, I became a sad panda. And then the site went down for renov. щ(ಥДಥщ)

But now it's back, I'm going to try to GET THOSE OTHER 3 HOMG.
AT LEAST I GOT THESE PUPPIES.

Image Image

IMMA GONNA START A 5-MAN INCEPTION TEAM AFTER THESE GUYS or something.

I'm in the Pokémon Mansion right now and refreshing like a mad woman. I'm getting a load of retro Ponytas, though. Bah. ಠ︵ಠ

Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:13 am
Profile WWW

I haven't had any luck so far with the Valentine's Vulpix (I've been on Route 7 for them), but I did find a second frame Vulpix. It's adorable!

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:49 am

USERNAME: sjh10369
ID URL:http://vdexproject.net/user.php?&user=2108*ROLE: Mark
COLOR: #40BFFF
POKÉMON(S) W/ AN INSPIRED NAME: Saito
FAVORITE CHARACTER(S):Arthur
FAVORITE QUOTE:"All your complexities, your perfections, your imperfections..."
ARE YOU DREAMING? Nope!
REASONS WHY: I can retrace my memory.
YOU WISH YOU COULD: Save someone who's stuck in limbo.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 119 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next