It is currently Tue May 30, 2017 6:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
My son is looking for a penpal! 

So, I figured I'd post here because Vdex is such a friendly place, and maybe someone can help us out!

My son is nine years old, and having a bit of trouble making friends and connecting with his classmates. We don't have internet at home, so I suggested that maybe he'd like a penpal? He said that sounds like it would be fun, though he's personally skeptical about finding anyone that'd like to talk to him. I want to prove that wrong! He's a fascinating kid, a hard worker, a gamer and a Pokémon card nut.

So, does anyone have/know a kid that might be interested in starting a penpal? We're in the USA, btw. We'd love to find someone that might send a postcard/letter here or there, we'll do the same. Maybe exchange little things like coins, cards, cultural what-nots if that applies... And so on.

Any help would be well loved!

(Nov 8 edit- still checking in frequently, I really have no idea how to actually find a penpal. Still hopeful!)

Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:17 pm

I'm too old to be a penpal, much to old. Otherwise I'd offer myself, and unfortunately I don't have or know kids in that age-range.

Still, I had an idea. Have you tried contacting a school in another state? If you email or call the administration, one of their teachers (usually english) might be interested in starting up a penpal program? You could also try art teachers, in case those schools have art clubs, I know when I was 9 I would have loved to mail a penpal some of my paintings or drawings.

Image Image

Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:59 am

I love that idea, and I'll look onto it right away, thank you very much!

Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]