It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Officially Closing: July 1st 

thank you so much for everything, shiro! i know i'm not the most
      active member here (not by a long shot), but vdex has always held
      a very special place in my heart. the people that i've met and the
      experiences that i've taken part in the span of six years are ones
      that i'll remember forever, and that's what truly matters.

memories are priceless; i'll treasure mine. sincerely, thank you. <3

Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:10 am

Sadly I've only been apart of this site for a year but I will miss it dearly. I met some amazing people and felt such an friendly and professional atmosphere. It has been one of the most amazing forums and games I've ever joined and I will miss visiting everyday and being apart of the pokemon adventure. There will never be a site like this again and thats the sad part. If ever you get the chance to reopen or redo the site please let all of us know, we'd come back like lightening. Thank you again for being the most amazing admin and I hope you have happiness and amazing health through your future endeavors. Thank you again for making such an amazing place.

Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:03 pm
Profile WWW

It feels weird to see this site finally closing. I've been here seven years--I joined a few months after it started, it seems. I was in college--I've now since graduated and I'm trying to figure out what direction to take my life. I've spent a lot of hours on here--probably more than I should have, but I couldn't help it. This was a very addicting game to play and it was fairly easy to play it on the go on my phone, which I did quite a bit. I guess this was my Pokemon Go before Pokemon Go was a thing! So it feels kind of weird to see it come to an end. I know I wasn't the most active on the forums, never was one for socializing much. But it seems like this site had a great community relatively free of drama (or I just wasn't in the places where drama happened). Compared to how things are now in other fandoms and groups I'm involved in... this was a breath of fresh air and it's not likely I'll find another place quite as chill and welcoming as this one was. A lot has truly changed in the past seven years, both in the world and in my own personal life, and not all of it for the best... but this was always a nice place I could come to to relax for a little while. While I don't see the coding behind it (and having dabbled in code myself, on a basic level, I know how hard it is to get it working and make sure nothing breaks!) this site and the game was brilliant in its simplicity. There was always plenty to do, and while events could be stressful at times they were never a chore, at least not to me. There's still so much more that I wish I could've done, but i'm happy with how far I've come. I completed the dex, and a living dex. Considering that I haven't even done that in the main games... I'm pretty proud of that achievement.

Whatever life throws your way, Shiro, I hope it goes well for you, and I'm glad you're able to take this step. It's not easy, I know, and there is something admirable in knowing when it's time to let go. I'm struggling with mental issues myself and things in my life not going the way I thought they would, but I figure if you can do it, so can I, eventually. Good luck in whatever you do from here on out, and if VDex does reopen in the future, I know I'll find my way back. I've been with Pokemon this long, and I don't see that ending any time soon. Thank you for all the good times we all had here. VDex will always hold a special place in my heart.

We are coming... for you...

Image Searching for something rare...

Lurking with the derped Magnemites... http://forum.vdexproject.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1704

Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:01 pm

I wasn't always the most active person, but I had tons of fun playing on this site. I have people I have met here that I will treasure forever. *hugs those people* Thank you Shiro for everything you have done.

PS: Is there away to get a forum thread after the site is close down?

RP Character's Formsping
Fanclubs:
Image ImageImageImageImageImage

Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:13 am

Thank you so much for giving us the chance to play in this world and with these characters, Shiro ♥ I've been an active player since 2010 and I've really enjoyed my time here.

I'm so happy to hear that you've been recovering and I wish you and everybody else in this thread all the best in your future endeavors going forward ♥ Love and light to you all.

Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:47 am

I am going to miss this place. Vdex is my home page for goodness sake. I will keep my memories of the many years I have been here and the friends I made close to my heart. Thank you shiro for everything!!! I am going to spend the last bit of time in the one place I spent so long in. One last shiny ditto hunt!!!!!

My journal
My collections
Buying stuff

my pokemon x fc: 0361-7320-7140 PM me yours and I will add it

Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:08 am
Leading King

Hi everyone,

It's sadly not possible to keep the forums online once the server has shut down, so new forum threads can't be created. I can post all of the art including sprites on my Tumblr once I finish backing everything up. Again, the address is http://dapperpants.tumblr.com/ .

I've sent our hosts a support ticket about the server and am waiting on an answer.

I'm also currently in the process of downloading all of the game files and databases.

I'm not sure how long it'll take them to take everything down (it could be a few days, for all I know), but I will keep the forums open until we go down for good. I will likely take the game down tonight, so that we can snapshot the database and save it exactly as it is, so that nobody's Pokémon data is lost in the process. I'm not sure if the possibility of reopening ever exists, but at least it does mean that the data won't simply stop existing.

But for the rest of today, I'll still keep the game open. I'm sorry I haven't visited and talked to you guys much - closing this site is difficult for me so I've tried to avoid it as much as I could (...can't really avoid it anymore). Thank you all for your kind words.

Twitter | Reversed Side A archive

Please, ask VDex gameplay questions in the help forum.

Spoiler: show
Image Image

Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:07 am
Profile WWW

How are you going to compile and/or tag the sprites? Tumblr is kind of a convoluted mess to wade through if you're looking for something specific, even on just one blog...

Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:04 pm

I was afraid I missed the chance to hatch my Snorlax. Yay! He's a cutie.

Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:02 pm

Thanks again, everyone, for making this site what it was. I'll miss you all <3

Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:23 pm

... Really hard to read that. By reading that you're doing everything to keep everything we did is really an amazing thing. I really hope things will get better.

Gonna miss everything. Too much.

Edit : Shiro, could it be possible to get all wild pokemon rates ? I loved how you mixed everything and i'd like to keep it for memory. Thank you

5000 Shiny caught : DONE
Buying BP in bulk | IRC
ImageImage

Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:13 pm

I'd like to thank everybody.
I know I wasn't very active on the forums but holy cow I loved this game so much. I had a lot fun on these years.
Thank you, Shiro, for making all this possible, and those gorgeous special sprites!
And thanks to everybody for making this community amazing, sharing and selling super useful stuff, and for helping me complete the dex (finally!)

I wish all of you the best of luck in your life.

(please excuse my bad english, it isn't my native language ;; )

[ tumblr ] | [ instagram ]

Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:20 pm
Leading King

ChibiNinja wrote:
How are you going to compile and/or tag the sprites? Tumblr is kind of a convoluted mess to wade through if you're looking for something specific, even on just one blog...

I'll just post a .zip link to it and tag it vdex, most likely.

Twitter | Reversed Side A archive

Please, ask VDex gameplay questions in the help forum.

Spoiler: show
Image Image

Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:53 pm
Profile WWW

:sob:

Very sad to hear that...
I wish you the best for your life <3
Thank you so much for 6 years of fun <3

Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:04 am

Ahhh it feels so weird coming on when the game is done.
      I'm just glad that the forums are around for the time being.
      Thank you so much for everything, Shiro ❤️

Lucina | ルキナ

Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:58 am

Thank you for everything, I loved this site and playing was a blast. Best of luck for the rest of your life.

Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:55 am

I took a screenshot of the very last pokemon I caught. Just so I can look at it and think of all the good memories I made here. It was of course a shiny ditto

My journal
My collections
Buying stuff

my pokemon x fc: 0361-7320-7140 PM me yours and I will add it

Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:06 am

So long and thanks for all the fish.

Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:49 am
Vice-Leader Prince

Well done, friend. Thanks for letting me be a part of this place. It really was special.

Miss you.

Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:06 am
Profile WWW

Aah, I haven't been here much lately so I was a little shocked to suddenly get an error message on the map. At least the forums are still up, if only for a little longer so I can say goodbye properly.

To everyone I've talked to, whether it was trading, forum games, or just conversation - thank you! It was great to be part of the community.

And of course, thank you for everything, Shiro! I've had lots of fun in the 7 years I've been here. Good luck with life, and take care. ♡

Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next