It is currently Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Wanna Go On a Pokemon Journey RP? 

:awesome: So, I was thinkin', I wanna do a RP. About what, you may ask, what kind?

A pokemon journey! Wouldn't it be fun to go on a Pokemon Journey?

Rules: Me and three people will go on a journey, referencing the map on the regular VDex, and the pokemon games/anime for gym leaders and such. If anybody wants to join late, they could be trainers to battle. Choose one Pokemon to start out with, and come up with a backstory of how you met them.

We will start in Kanto. So the pokemon you get first must be one of the original 151 (excluding legendaries and mewtwo). Also, choose your starting town. Your first pokemon could be a magikarp if you want it to be, or even a shiny eevee you caught, but it must be in your possession and on your profile page when I visit. And if the pokemon has evolved, say it is now an Umbreon, it won't matter. It'll be a eevee at the start if you choose your umbreon.

And once the initial journey is over, we could visit a different region and have the pokemon evolve.

If you join late, you could be a trainer to battle, if ya want.

I hope that makes sense, and I hope to hear from you.

Image Image

Check out my deviantart! LillyGeneva.deviantart.com

Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:35 pm

This actually sounds pretty fun! Image

I think it'd depend on the third person, though. I rp 'literate' exclusively--I mean, one-liners are sometimes unavoidable, but I prefer at least a paragraph, and I'd like to see effort made! So, depending on what rules/guidelines you'd implement for the game and how our third player comports themselves (e.g., as a note, I really admire people whose first language isn't English, and I make a lot of allowances for non-native speakers--but people who are just lazy grammatically and with spelling, no bueno), I'd say count me in. :D

My best friend is actually a freakin' amazing roleplayer and a sucker for the first gen (we're 27 and 28 respectively, so nostalgia~ Image). I'll float this thread past her and see what she thinks. Hopefully she'll want to join, and I guarantee you, that would be perfect! You'll love her, I promise! She's a far better writer than I am, even and I'm pretty conceited, so Image

As a relevant-but-still-pretty-wordy aside:
Spoiler: show
She and I are actually planning on starting an EPIC roleplay of our own here on the forums--and I do mean epic: think of the old PokeMUSH, which focused on making Pokemon realistic as a base; mix in some mature themes, for example the ethical concerns of cloning fossil pokemon; add a pinch of Pokeworld politics, and a few original pokemon; bake at 375° for 45 minutes, remove, then slather liberally with a dynamic storyline into which can be inserted original characters without difficulty, and you've got a delicious rp rough idea of what we have planned!

Anyway, it's been ages since either one of us have roleplayed on a forum, and this is such a neat-sounding and nostalgic project, I think this might be a great opportunity to dip our toes in. Fingers crossed! :D

(I predict that if she does wish to join, she'll either start with Growlithe, Vulpix, or maybe Pikachu. As for myself ... I don't actually know! I'm torn between Eevee BECAUSE JOLTEON OMG OMG OMG and Meowth PERSIAN AAAAAAAA . Either way, I'll have them in my party when the time comes, no worries Image)

Threnody is also known as ay4u's personal guardian Kattata on Magistream!

Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:02 pm

ffffff you are too nice to me all these compliments i don't know what to say iwi

Like Threnody noted, we're both pretty much sticklers for literate RP. A one-liner where necessary is one thing, but it's more fun when you have more meat to read over and respond to. I'm really curious how the actual RP would work, but I might be a little excited (I shifted the Growlithe I'd use as my starter into my party tonight ;D )...

Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:53 am

:yay: I'm glad to hear that you two want to join! I didn't realize there was a reply on this until now, June was kinda busy!

I don't know how to contact you both quickly and easily, so I'll go ahead and add you both to my friends-list.

Oneliners and paragraphs, or whatever you want are perfect. Do whatever style you want.

For the pokemon... Pretty much just send in "I choose (Pokemon)" with that pokemon in your party. I was gonna choose Umber.

I'd like to discuss this whenever you two see this reply.

I feel horrible that I didn't come and check on this sooner! I'm so sorry!

Image Image

Check out my deviantart! LillyGeneva.deviantart.com

Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]