It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 6:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
leaves from the vine | legend of korra rp (ooc) 

* leaves from the vine *

a legend of korra roleplay

background

Currently we are set during book two of legend of korra. dark spirits are running amok all over the lands. currently open-ended because we will figure out plot stuff as we go for fun? pro-bending is still going on.

rules

1. No godmodding or power-playing. If there's a pro-bending match or a fight between characters, we will either RNG the winner or those in the fight can discuss winners. (RNG will happen if nobody can decide)
2. Be respectful to all other players in this rp.
3. All VDex rules apply!
4. No claiming/reserving posts! This has been and always will be a big pet peeve of mine, so please try and avoid it.
5. Keep things PG-13
6. Stay active! This rp will have time-limits for when you can get your post up. I'll get in to that more later.

I think that covers it! These can be edited at any time, but all other basic rp etiquette stuff applies, of course. Also, please only join this if you've watched Avatar: The Last Airbender or Legend of Korra and/or have good knowledge of the shows & the universe.

With posting, I'm gonna have a five day time period for whoever's up to get their post up. You'll get a three strikes thing (unless you post here that you have a legitimate excuse for not posting within the time limit and that won't be held against you. I know life can be busy/hectic at times!)

helpful links & info

Guide to Naming in the Avatar World
Names in the World of Avatar

Last edited by minicat on Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:13 pm

joining

right now, there is no limit on characters. but i'm gonna do a whole pre-app (like pichu-chan over @ picked up events) because it's a gr8 idea to get an idea of who's interested/etc.

so! to join just fill this little preliminary thing out:

Spoiler: show
Code:
[b]name:[/b] the name you go by
[b]nicknames?[/b]
[b]tell me a little about yourself:[/b] as in interests, etc.
[b]gif that defines you:[/b] (totally optional, this one's purely just for fun)
[b]how can we contact you:[/b] via pm, aim, skype, etc.
[b]rp sample:[/b] please give a nice example of what we can usually expect from you on a normal basis!

once accepted, then you can fill out the character application form for as many characters as you please (but only play as many as you can keep active):
Code:
[b]name:[/b]
[b]age:[/b]
[b]gender:[/b]
[b]sexuality:[/b]
[b]bender type:[/b] earth, water, fire, nonbender (air might become an option later, after discussion)

[b]appearance:[/b]
[b]personality:[/b]
[b]interests & hobbies:[/b] whatever organizations they might be in. are they part of a pro-bending team, etc.

[b]history/background:[/b]
[b]other:[/b] this can be theme song, any relationship stuff, basically anything you want to add that doesn't fit in the basic categories.

members

mini
yumi kinoshita
hajime tatsuaki
wyndi
michi kimura
zan-wai lau
lian
mdf
kipper nomezuka
kura
• character link
name
• character link

current ratios

firebenders
• michi kimura

waterbenders
• kipper nomezuka
• lian

earthbenders
• zan-wai lau
• hajime tatsuaki

non-benders
• yumi kinoshita

Last edited by minicat on Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:26 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:31 pm

iiiii might need this post for later so i'm taking it.

Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:10 pm

now i'm gonna do the thing.

name: mini
nicknames? n/a
tell me a little about yourself: i spend too much of my free time on tumblr & wanting to write but not actually doing so. i've currently got two jobs and enjoy a lot of tv shows (especially parks & rec and game of thrones). i have been rping for a bunch of years now on and off, and usually use it as a sort of stress relief/fun relaxing thing. plus i like creating oc's and sticking them in all sorts of universes for fun. (tbh i love just talking about oc's and developing them that way it's fun)
gif that defines you: Image
how can we contact you: just stick to pm right now.
rp sample:
All she could see was the bright sun in the sky, with only wisps of clouds to keep it company. Ava squinted her eyes as she went to move her hand to shield the sun only to have a large, black wing enter her field of vision. The next sound she made was a stifled scream as she sat up, noticing she wasn’t alone on the beach. Her arms were long, black wings like the one’s she’d picked for her character and her legs were replaced by crow’s legs just like she’d picked for her monster type and avatar. Harpy seemed cool for a fantasy game, but now that she was scrambling to get herself to stand and grip the sand with large and cumbersome talons and with wings that weren’t working the way she’d hoped, it seemed like the worst choice.

“Ugh, come on!” She griped to herself as she tried using her wings as arms - or hoping that the skills these harpies in the game had (which was having their wings become arms when they weren’t flying) would magically happen. Either that or she’d figure out how to do it, though it wasn’t looking good. She was slowly getting the hang of controlling them for the most part. The somewhat enhanced bird vision was nice - everything looked sharper and she could see things much more easily than before. In fact, easily enough to spot who looked like her boyfriend laying on the sand. He didn’t look much different, thank god. Moving clumsily through the sand, getting terrible purchase with her new feet she eventually found herself beside Mitch, kneeling down next to him. Ava gave him a nudge with her wing and a hissed whisper of his name. “Mitch, Mitch! Wake up.” She spoke again, nudging him harder before an idea struck her. Smiling wickedly she moved the tip of her wing to his nose lightly brushing it up and down. “Wake uuuup.”

Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:24 pm

name: Wyndi
nicknames? n/a
tell me a little about yourself: I am a blanket burrito who spends far too much time crying over shows with terrible murders and sports manga with overly loyal dumb babies.
gif that defines you: Not a GIF, but...
how can we contact you: PM is fine.
rp sample:
The guy with the braid (Al wondered - and not for the first time, since he'd seen Gavyn around before - whether he actually took the time to braid it by hand every day or whether he used magic) seemed a bit nervous for some reason. Al nudged Aurele once more: "Come on, Aurele, you're scaring the dude. It's not his fault he's hungry too." Turning to Gavyn, he asked, "Why are you apologizing? Not like we own the place. I'm Al, by the way. This is Quinn" - Quinn gave an absentminded wave - "and Aurele. She's not usually this grumpy." With the round of introductions made, Al made a beeline for the cabinets, determined to get some food before somebody else snatched it all up. (From the looks of that one guy's hands, he was going to have some serious competition for the jam doughnuts.)

Meanwhile, Quinn had almost forgotten about food in his delight over Hugo. "Nice to meet you both," he said, squatting down so he could look Hugo in the eyes. "My mum's name is Cecilia too. It's a good name." Quinn scrutinized Cecilia for a moment, as if comparing her to his mother, and then realized he hadn't given his own name yet. "Oh - I'm Quinn. Sadly, my cat's probably bouncing around our common room right now." Galen really was ridiculously hyperactive. Quinn just hoped he was staying out of trouble; hopefully Cricket would look after him.

find me:
tumblr | aywas | steam: stormhover

ImageImage

Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:46 pm
Profile WWW

hella yeah! accepted & welcome :3c

Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:54 pm

wow look at this stranger

name: Michi Kimura (木村路)
sexuality: heterosexual
bender type: firebender

appearance: At exactly five feet, Michi stands heads and shoulders below others his age. Combined with his youthful features, his tousled (read: uncombed) hair, and the bright gleam in his brown eyes, it's easy to mistake him for yet another teenage troublemaker, although he'll be the first to correct you on that.
His clothes tend to be casual and appallingly scruffy: you'll find holes on his sleeves, grass stains and worn-out patches in his pants, and ripped soles on his dirt-covered shoes. (In fact, the only outfit he consistently takes good care of is his pro-bending uniform.) Due to frequent trouble finding clothes in his sizes, not to mention a lack of concern for finding clothes in the proper sizes in the first place, most of his wardrobe ranges from slightly too big to downright baggy on him.
(His playby is Aoyagi Ruito.)
personality: good-tempered, team player, brave, honest, loyal, has a snarky sense of humor, enjoys teasing others, laidback, easily excitable, doesn’t sweat the small stuff, needs very few things in life to stay happy, fierce, restless, surprisingly romantic, stubborn
interests & hobbies: pro-bending (part of a team), hiking, climbing trees, flying kites, jumping on trampolines

history/background: Michi's ancestors were Fire Nation citizens who moved to one of the nation's countless colonies in the Earth Kingdom during the Hundred Year War. As one of the older colonies, their colony eventually merged with others following the war, becoming part of the United Republic of Nations. Consequently, several decades down the road, Michi was born into and raised in an environment rich with both Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom culture.
Although the Kimura family could not be considered poor, Michi's parents lived a frugal lifestyle and permitted him few toys. Instead, Michi had to learn to find other ways to release his pent-up energy: roaming in the forests on the outskirts of the town, climbing trees, and flying a secondhand kite his neighbor had given him, among other things. Sometimes he deeply resented his parents' frugality, feeling like his parents never got him anything he wanted, but he also loved being outdoors and exploring.
In school, he was often a victim of bullying due to his size - and the fact that he was a late bloomer when it came to bending. Because while Michi's parents were both firebenders, Michi still hadn't started firebending by the time he'd started school. Even his younger sister, two years his junior, had already begun to make little puffs of flame when she horsed around, and she was just four! Michi fought back ferociously every time, but his classmates always overpowered him with their bending. Eventually, his frequent scrapes, minor burns, and bruises (including one particularly memorable black eye) persuaded his parents to shell out the cash for formal firebending lessons from a professional who could hopefully jumpstart Michi's bending.
The classes changed everything. Within three weeks, Michi was firebending. Within two months, he was beating back his bullies, holding his own for the first time. Within six months, no bully dared to go near him or any of his friends. His skill only continued to wildly rocket over the next several years through a mixture of talent and hard work: firebending was one of the few things about which Michi was completely, wholeheartedly serious, and he physically trained almost every day to keep his form.
When Michi turned eighteen, he moved to Republic City in hopes of fighting in pro-bending matches and finding employment. Three years later, he is now on his own team with a goal of winning the Pro-Bending Championship Tournament and working at the Republic City Park.
other:

find me:

ImageImage

Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:16 am
Profile WWW

name: mdf2711 or Miles
nicknames?  mdf
tell me a little about yourself: what's to tell?
gif that defines you: Surprise jar of pickles
how can we contact you: via pm
rp sample:

The Ekans touched the big purple button on the front, readily accepting his fate. The snake was absorbed inside the Heal Ball immediately and the capture device fell to the ground. Ekans succumbed without struggle and the Heal Ball dinged as it closed. Neina smiled and let the Pokemon out.

"Hello," Neina waved at the purple creature. Now that its scratches and cuts had healed, it was quite obvious that a jagged, spiraling scar ran the length of its body and up to its left nostril. This scar was too for naturally healed to be fixed but Neina appreciated how tough it made Ekans look and how it gave her Pokemon originality and personality. Checking quickly on her Pokedex, Neina learned that Ekans was male and level 7. "So now you need a name..." Neina started, "How about...Ryan?" The Ekans nodded vigorously, glad to accept a name. The newly named Ryan followed alongside Cayden and Neina and together the trio continued on their way to Sandgem...

Follow Me on Tumblr

Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:59 am

@wyndi yaaay mitch/michi!

@mdf welcome! i'll get the member list updated in a bit.

god i need to figure out who to start off with since i'm already behind orz

Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:22 am

name: Kipper Nomezuka (Usually Kip)
sexuality: Bisexual
bender type: Water & Blood

appearance: Kip has feathery light brown hair cropped short that is a bit tousled in the back. His pink skin is clear and his bright blue-green eyes are huge in comparison to his small button nose and small mouth. He is short for his age at 4'10". Kip is fond of unique pastel shorts paired with plain solid-colored tank tops covered in his signature bleach white sleeveless hoodie. He always wears black sneakers with colorful shoelaces but hates socks.
personality: Kip is adventurous, outgoing, excitable, eager to learn, kind, protective of others, and impatient, and temperamental about his size and stature.
interests & hobbies:
Learning, Waterbending, and Probending. His dream is to join an actual Probending team someday and he is, in fact, quite good at the sport and practices often.

history/background: Kip grew up in Republic City with his dads, Hiro and Takuya, and his older brother, Pi. Growing up in a rather typical Waterbender ghetto in the south edge of the city, Kip went to a rather crappy primary school with local kid until Pi returned from his journeys to the western Earth Kingdom. He returned with a lot of cash (though no one has ever discussed this peculiar detail with Kip) and paid to move the entire family closer to the harbor in a fancy condo in an affluent part of the city. On top of that, Kip also received a higher education and professional bending lessons and sparring training against all kinds of opponents. He developed a passion for Probending and someday soon hopes to join a team, even if he needs to continue his schooling at the same time.

Follow Me on Tumblr

Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:08 pm

got kip added, mdf!

aaaand here's my first player. tossing a non-bender in to the mix (since i doubt we'll get many of them)

name: yumi kinoshita
sexuality: unimportant
bender type: non-bender

appearance: yumi is short in stature, standing at about 5’2”. she has long, auburn hair that reaches just past her shoulders that is usually pulled up with her bands braided. she has large, hazel eyes that always look like she’s hiding something. she tends to keep up with the latest fashion trends and always tries to look, as she puts it, ‘sophisticated with a hint of slutty’. she likes to wear brighter colors when possible, and often favors pink. throwing knives are usually tucked somewhere in whatever she is wearing on the off-chance something happens (she always likes to be prepared).
personality: secretive, skeptic of a lot of people and their emotions/intentions, enigmatic, hard to read, caring, perceptive, hard-working, genius/intelligent, good intuition, humble, fast learner, hard to read, level-headed, down to earth, calm & collected.
interests & hobbies: learning all forms and styles of fighting, learning how to wield various weapons, chi-blocking techniques, reading, studying, attending probending matches, traveling, business tactics.

history/background: yumi was born to a somewhat wealthy family in republic city. her father was an earthbender and her mother a non-bender. yumi didn’t inherit any bending abilities. yumi did excel throughout her years at school. during her summers and vacations, she traveled with her mother to all reaches of the continents to learn from the best non-bending fighters, even learning the styles and techniques of the fabled kiyoshi warriors. her father still held out hope year after year that she would start bending, but that was just not in the cards for her. she was fine, however, since she knew she was fully capable of defending herself and disarming any bender that crossed her with chi-blocking techniques. she is currently keeping up with her studies and often travels to brush up on techniques and visit old friends outside of republic city, and teaches beginner self-defense classes in her spare time.

other:
• family: father (earthbender), mother (non-bender), younger brother (age 7, earthbender)
• her favorite food is peaches
• her IQ is off the charts

Last edited by minicat on Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:53 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:11 pm

name: Zan-Wai Lau (刘珍慧)
sexuality: homosexual
bender type: earthbender

appearance: Zan-Wai always takes care to dress presentably, as looking her best helps boost her mind and confidence. Unlike most women in Republic City, however, she prefers more traditional styles to the city's modern dresses and coats. Her features are common for Earth Kingdom women: long, black, wavy hair with dark brown highlights, and dark brown eyes. She is of average height, standing at five feet and five and a half inches.
(Her playby is Jenna Ushkowitz.)
personality: light-hearted, warm, tries very hard to stay optimistic, usually acts as if there’s nothing wrong with her, sunny, friendly, an efficient worker, carries herself with a quiet confidence, unexpectedly shy around strangers and romantic interests, prefers to stick to her friends and family, relies on herself so as to not impose on anyone else, sentimental
interests & hobbies: archery, traditional Earth Kingdom music, cooking, theater shows

history/background: Born and raised in the Earth Kingdom, Zan-Wai moved to Republic City with her family when she was six years old. The stress of having to move and adapt to a new city and a new culture quickly taught Zan-Wai to toughen up - and when her mother died of disease nine years later, Zan-Wai quietly stepped into her mother’s shoes, took charge of the family, and became the glue that held her father and her brother together. She cooked, she cleaned, she took up odd jobs, and she comforted her family over their shared loss while bottling her own grief up.
Zan-Wai has arguably turned out all the stronger for her past, but it also stunted her emotional growth: she usually feels as if she can’t talk to even her closest friends or her family about her burdens and her emotions for fear of them thinking that she’s weak and whiny. As she’s the type to feel things deeply in the first place, Zan-Wai has long learned to just vent her sadness and her anger out when she’s alone. After all, her family and friends are the most important people to her - which means she feels the need to be strong the most when she's around them: she doesn’t want to worry anyone.
She currently works as a public relations officer for a business company in Republic City.

other:
  • family: mother (deceased), father, older brother (age twenty-nine)
  • She has a habit of lacing her fingers together tightly when she's upset.
  • Despite her origin in the Earth Kingdom, her bending style is more like the earthbending style used in the United Republic: swift and projectile-based rather than slow and massively destructive.
  • Her favorite food is Earth Kingdom-style cake.

find me:

ImageImage

Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:32 pm
Profile WWW

got everything updated! (also hooray zan-wai!)
we're doing good with our small numbers & ratios so far. let's hope more people join soon so we can start talking plots and such C:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:54 am

Got another character coming up soon. A non-bender who utilizes traditional bending forms from all around the world, but instead of elements as extensions of their bodies, they have learned to adapt a variety of weapons and street magic techniques to combat even the strongest of bender foes. :)

Follow Me on Tumblr

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:37 pm

name: Lian (莲)
bender type: waterbender

appearance: Lian's height of four-foot-ten is perhaps her most impressive feature, although one could also argue in favor of her waist-length black hair and dark grey eyes. Like many Northern Water Tribe people, including her parents, her skin has a distinct golden tint to it. She dresses on the plain, conservative side - non-revealing, well kept clothing in the darker blues and greys associated with her bending - and usually carries around a pocketwatch. She requires spectacles to see properly, and she has a fatal weakness for scarves.
personality: introverted, rational, solemn, cynical, comfortable with being alone, independent, intelligent, stubborn, clever, brilliant liar, subtly insulting, often indifferent, often insensitive, detail-oriented, likes to be in control, ambitious, has a soft spot for children, slightly impatient, formal, poised
interests & hobbies: reading, playing the guzheng, collecting scarves, word puzzles, swimming

history/background: Although both of Lian's parents were waterbenders from the Northern Water Tribe, they attended university in the United Republic, hoping to add more modern medical advances to their healing knowledge. Marrying shortly after completing their training as surgeons, they decided to move to Red Sand Island, located near Republic City, instead of returning home. When Lian was born, they proved to be restrictive and conservative parents who heaped countless expectations upon her. They dictated her personality (“a daughter should be obedient, demure, and neat” - as any traditional Northern Water Tribe girl should be), and they knew what they wanted to see on her academic record, planning her path from her first day of school to her last and hoping she would follow in their successful footsteps. Inevitably, Lian grew to resent these expectations, but she also knew that it would be easier to simply continue maintaining an illusion of so-called perfection than to deal with any family fallout that would result from actively going against her parents: after all, like most teenagers, she was still dependent on her parents for shelter and expenses. She supposed her true self would have to wait until after she was financially independent to emerge.
University gave her that first taste of freedom, and Lian flourished away from the prying eyes of her parents. Let her brother carry the weight of her parents’ rules and expectations; for the first time, she could be herself without worrying about word getting back to her family, and her parents had no way of checking up on her. Now in her third year at a university in Republic City, Lian is studying the slowly expanding field of psychology.
other:
  • family: mother, father, younger brother (age fifteen)
  • theme: "Petiatil Cx Htdui" - Aphex Twin
  • Having been raised in the United Republic, her waterbending is much closer to the swift, aggressive style featured in pro-bending matches than the slow, counterattacking style used in traditional waterbending.
  • Her favorite food is steamed crab.

find me:

ImageImage

Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:45 pm
Profile WWW

wooo another waterbender!
everything should be updated, i'm working on another dude to balance out that ratio, if only i can settle on a korra-verse name for him orz

eta: here he is!

name: hajime tatsuaki
sexuality: asexual
bender type: earthbender (metalbender)

appearance: hajime stands at an average height of 5’10” with a toned, average build. his hair is medium-length, smooth but unkempt and looking a little like he needs a haircut. it doesn’t tend to block his light hazel eyes much at all (since he thinks they are one of his best features, if he was going to choose). he tends to wear a lot of brighter colors and enjoys the more modern fashion styles of republic city. he likes to accessorize sometimes with scarves and hats.
personality: doesn’t let people in easily, has built up a lot of walls, uses snark and sarcasm as a defense mechanism, judgmental and closed-off to most new people, untrusting, dismissive of people and things he doesn’t find interesting, defensive, afraid he’ll be a disappointment to his friends, fickle in his emotions and interests, wise beyond his years, called an ‘old soul’, gentle-hearted and caring when he opens up (which is rare), compassionate, calculating, gets lost in thought, dreamer, self-reliant.
interests & hobbies: hiking, daydreaming, writing, people-watching, cooking & baking, burying himself in bending practice.

history/background: hajime was born in omashu, where his family and ancestors had lived for years. not long after hajime was born, his mother fell ill due to complications from his birth and died while he was still young. his father blamed hajime for this happening, of course, and throughout hajime’s life his father made sure to let him know that is was his fault and that he resented his own son. as a child, hajime never really understood why his father thought that way, but as he grew older, he started to understand a little more and in time grew to resent his father just as his father resented him. as far as he was concerned it wasn’t his fault, it wasn’t his intent and would rather have a complete family as well. thankfully he had earthbending abilities and took to lessons from masters in omashu and practicing all the time as a distraction from his less than stellar home life.

when he felt he was old enough he finally decided to set out on his own, but not after his father raised objections (for reasons unbeknownst to hajime) and the two of them got in a bending match. hajime somehow won, finding himself near ending his father before his father surrendered and hajime packed his things and left, headed for republic city where he could start over. in his travels he met plenty of earthbending masters and teachers, learning from all of them, as well as finding out he had some metalbending ability as well. so when he arrived at republic city he sought out metalbending training, a place to live and employment.

it has been seven years since he made his way in republic city, and he’s honed his metalbending quite a bit, and now is working in his own eatery, where he serves mostly traditional earth kingdom with fusions of other tribes specialties.
other:
• he always wears a necklace with his mother’s ring that he took before he left.
• his mother’s ancestors were originally from the fire nation and remained in omashu after ozai’s seize of the city.
• one of his best friends always likes to give him flower crowns to wear (and he does wear them a lot)
• he enjoys spicy foods.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:06 pm

name: Kura
nicknames? N/A
tell me a little about yourself: I like video games, movies, cartoons, comic books, anime, that kind of stuff, in general. o3o I also don't have much to say about myself because I'm not very interesting
gif that defines you: Image
how can we contact you: PM is best
rp sample:
Following a slight breeze, the sun went into the room through an open window, casting away the darkness. Looking at the light with eyes half-open, a boy struggled to open his eyes enough to get up. Yawning softly, he decided to give up and went back to sleep. He closed his eyes once again, dozing off...

That's when he heard a noise. Opening his eyes quickly, the boy remained perfectly still, save for his breathing. He wanted whoever just came into his room to think he was still sleeping, and since the door was facing his back, he didn't bother to open his eyes. The child thought the person would be fooled...he was wrong. The adult approached with haste, grabbing the boy's shoulder. Shaking it slightly, the adult began to speak. "C'mon, son. It's time to get up, or you'll be late". The child then turned around. No use pretending any longer, he thought. The father then handed the son a cup of warm chocolate milk, and left the room. The boy simply sighed and prepared for another day, wishing he could go back to sleep.

Image Thou art I...

Saddest parts in games? Have a few. Any suggestions, PM me. MANY spoilers, you've been warned.
Gray Fox's death - Metal Gear Solid
The Boss's death - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Joker's death - Batman: Arkham City
Persona 4's protagonist leaving - Persona 4
Xion's death - Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days (Who else will I have ice cream with?)
Nanako's "death" - Persona 4 - Officially crowned by yours truly as THE SADDEST MOMENT IN GAMING. EVER.
Shinji's death - Persona 3
The Protagonist's fate - Persona 3
Kurow's death - Okamiden
Axel's Sacrifice - Kingdom Hearts II
Labrys' Story - Persona 4 Arena
Sarah's death - The Last Of Us
Henry's and Sam's deaths - The Last Of Us

Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:01 pm

heya, kura! welcome to the small (but hopefully growing) party!

Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:15 pm

name: Haruki Kouki
bender type: firebender

appearance: Haruki stands at about 183cm (6 feet), featuring a well toned and slim build, which he deems most suitable for his activities (pro-bending and trying to impress girls). His hair is long enough to reach the middle of his back, but he usually keeps it tied in a top-knot adorned with a decorative headpiece, leaving only the front part loose and falling on his forehead. His eyes are amber coloured, and his skin is pale. When it comes to clothes, he prefers stylish over practical, and he often tries outfits that look cool.
personality: flirty, dedicated (when it comes to things he considers truly important), extroverted, friendly, happy, tries to be helpful, tries to be funny (often fails), show-off, impulsive, spontaneous
interests & hobbies: practising firebending, pro-bending (recently joined a team), shopping, walking around Republic City, meeting new people

history/background: Haruki was born in the mainland Fire Nation, to two firebenders. Trying to give their son the most opportunities they could, Hiruki's parents decided to move to a more modern place, choosing Republic City as the best place to live. Living in the city ever since he was an infant, Hiruki grew up around friends from all over the world and learned to respect all customs equally, but he was raised with a typical Fire Nation culture at home, and learnt firebending at a young age, and it was love at first flame. Haruki never liked studying: he would much rather spending his days firebending.

Haruki often got in trouble due to acting on instinct. When someone did something he didn't like, he wasn't afraid of responding, either vocally or physically. Despite this, he was popular at school, both for his above-average firebending skills and extroverted and friendly personality. This grew on him, and he began to enjoy the attention, leading him to become a bit of a show-off. When Haruki first learnt about pro-bending, he was amazed by the thought of it: firebending in front of a crowd for a living? That sounded perfect for him, and he decided he'd be a pro-bender. Now, he continues his studies to please his parents, and quite recently joined a probending team, and is looking forward to his first official match.
other:
family: mother, father

I hope it's good? c:

Image Thou art I...

Saddest parts in games? Have a few. Any suggestions, PM me. MANY spoilers, you've been warned.
Gray Fox's death - Metal Gear Solid
The Boss's death - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Joker's death - Batman: Arkham City
Persona 4's protagonist leaving - Persona 4
Xion's death - Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days (Who else will I have ice cream with?)
Nanako's "death" - Persona 4 - Officially crowned by yours truly as THE SADDEST MOMENT IN GAMING. EVER.
Shinji's death - Persona 3
The Protagonist's fate - Persona 3
Kurow's death - Okamiden
Axel's Sacrifice - Kingdom Hearts II
Labrys' Story - Persona 4 Arena
Sarah's death - The Last Of Us
Henry's and Sam's deaths - The Last Of Us

Last edited by FireKuraWolf on Wed May 07, 2014 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:35 am

@kura: looks good, nice to have another firebender in the mix! i'll update the main post soon.

registrating/etc. for this will be open constantly i think, but to those who have joined would you be up for plotting soon, or starting to figure out some plot points y/n?

Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next