It is currently Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Alterity: Sinnoh - The RP Thread 

Look, Mavis. I think you're scaring him. Why don't you back up a little?
1 in 5! It's a One in five chance for pokemon to be so shy... ugh.
Mewlin sent Mavis a mental hug. There will be other chances.
Mavis hugged back, mentally. Okay, Mew.

Mavis abruptly turned around and sat on a conveniently near protruding rock. She whistled a little and seemed not to be paying attention to the two pokemon.
The conversation between the two had been fast, a talk at the speed of thought, so Mewlin replied to the Skiddo's tentative greeting without missing a beat. {I'm Mewlin. It's nice to meet you. We're just passing by, taking in the sights. Is there anything interesting around here?} she asked. The Espurr's expression didn't change much, and her voice remained a little deadpan - as is natural for most of her species - but her purple eyes focused on the Skiddo.

MEWSGREEN SPRITES

Collector of Mew and Green Sprite Pokemon

Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:08 pm

The wild Purrloin responded with a quick counter-Growl, snarling right back at the foe without hesitation and then the nimble cat Pokemon dove for all fours and bounded forward, ready to strike with a well-aimed Scratch. "Try this one on for size, pup!" the Purrloin taunted as it streaked toward Thor as a purple blur.
---
The Skiddo frowned nervously. First an incredibly over-peppy trainer and now a super creepy, super unnerving kitten. The Skiddo was shy enough without needing to panic from encountering random weirdos trekking through his home like this. Looking up to the sky and cocking his head to the side, as if listening, the wild Pokemon exclaimed, "What? What's that? Danger?!" Turning to Mewlin and Mavis, he managed, "Yeah, uhmmm...so sorry but I've just heard distress signal...from my herd. In a tone only Skiddo can hear. So uhm....uhmm...bye!" And with that, the Pokemon quickly turned and bounded off in the opposite direction.

Follow Me on Tumblr

Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:11 pm

Mavis and Mewlin watched as the Skiddo ran off after muttering some excuse about distress signals. They picked themselves up and went on walking through the route, Mewlin a little more abashed than normal. Mavis sensed the uncertainty of her pokemon, so she picked her up and stroked her behind the ears like a cat.
So you're just as bad as I am in dealing with people. What did you tell him anyway? Were you going to "eat his soul up" like with the neighbor's Meowth back home? Mavis projected chidingly, keeping up the smooth pats as Mewlin relaxed in her arms.
Only a few questions...
Maybe if you start showing a little more feeling...? Mavis asked uncertainly. She knew that some species of pokemon had trouble relating with others, since their biological signals are all different. Espurrs and other psychic pokemon usually eshew speech for telepathy, where they are able to express themselves more naturally. Bird pokemon express much of their true feelings through their tailfeathers, and electric pokemon would sometimes have a different conversation with another electric pokemon by manipulating the electromagnetic fields around them.
"Been trying," said Mewlin through gritted teeth.

The two soon came upon the crossroads to the lake and to the town.
Not wanting to delay meeting the professor, they took the path into town, reasoning that they can go back later on.

event? Or meet the prof?

MEWSGREEN SPRITES

Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:33 am

Thor yelped as the attack landed "Grr" Thor let out as it shook off the pain from the attack. Angered, he took off in a dash at the cat dashing back and forth in a serpentine like pattern. "Here I come." Thhor announced and he continued at teh cat With a painful looking Bite.

Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:16 pm

Many other trainers surrounded Mavis as she and Mewlin entered the outskirts of the lab. A long line had formed waiting for the renowned man to appear and give advice to the gathered masses. Mavis was absorbed by a mob of giggling boys and girls discussing trading.
---
The Purrloin tumbled back in an awkward, unbalanced somersault but somehow managed to land upright on all fours. With a hissing, snarling, muttered Growl, the purple cat charged forward with another striking offensive.

Follow Me on Tumblr

Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:53 pm

The pretty pink little pokemon noticed the shiny object. "Oh! What's that!?" She pondered and jumped out of her trainer's arms. "It's so pretty and sparkly." Her eyes widened as she observed the flat blue stone. Avon bent down and picked it up. "I don't know what it is but it's so beautiful! Like us!" She smiled at Kit and petted her soft pink fur. "Hehe you got that right Avon!" The skitty chirped happily, her tail swishing lazily. The trainer pocketed the prism scale in the same pocket as the heart scale. "Hehe let's get a move on Kit, I bet the other trainers are there already!" She scooped up the mass of pink and tan fur before dashing down the path. After a few seconds of run, Avon stopped seeing a rustling bush. "Oh Kit a pokemon! Let's battle!"
encounter please

Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:04 pm

"Eep," meeped Mavis as she was crushed into a crowd of squealing and wailing trainers. Some were yelling things for trade, while others shouted what they wanted to get. There were some patently ridiculous offers from people looking for legendary pokemon, and some people swapping balls and ball stickers.
"Well, the only interesting thing I have is this... Intriguing Stone? I've read in my xtrans that it's used for something called Mega Evolution?" whispered Mavis to Mewlin.
When did you do that search?
Around the same time I fed Karpy in my pokegochi while you were using the bushes. Would you transmit something for me? she whispered into Mewlin's ear.

Ahem, Mewlin telepathically transmitted into the minds of the trading crowd, Have: Intriguing stone, used for mega evolution. Want: something interesting. Serious offers only. Look for Mavis.

MEWSGREEN SPRITES

Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:00 am

"A lillipup in the wild? Haven't seen too many of those." Logainne noted out loud. The pokemon was a domesticated house pet so to see a wild one was a bit odd. It's possible it was abandoned.
"Um. Hi." Logainne responded to it. She wasn't too impressed by the pokemon and didn't want to waste a lot of time. She looked to Rune who was looking nervous. Nervous! How could he be nervous about his first battle? This wasn't a piano recital it was a fight!
"Lillipup, I challenge you to a battle." Logainne said in a stern voice. She was not a fan of asking for permission from pokemon. Rune looked at her with wide eyes.
"You should probably ask if it wants to first!" He said.
"Stop trying to avoid this. He's a pokemon he loves to battle!" She retorted.
"Oh and you're just a pokemon expert so obviously you know everyt- Agh!" Logainne sprayed him with the squirtbottle before he could finish talking.
"So are you gonna battle it or will I have to?" She asked Rune. He gulped.
"Alright, let's go." He said, turning to the Lillipup, "I need to train to become stronger, would you mind sparring?" He asked it.

youtube
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:46 am

Harry mulled over this for a few moments. "Not separate," he stated at last, "Son needs mother." The boy woffled his nose again calmly, before looking to the side with an air of wonderment. He was already distracted, scrambling to his feet. He refused to separate the mother and her child, even if he did want to catch a Pokémon. Schutzen let out a mental sigh, quickly floating behind Harry as he moved away from the two Bidoofs.
-----
The Vullaby easily dodged the Iron Tail, cheekily waiting for the Miccino to get close before her back glowed white. She flapped her wings, folding them close to her skull mask before diving in for a quick Peck attack.

*STRETCHES OUT POLIWAG LEG FOR MILES*

"I don't know what you're talking about."

Sporadically active. If I post, it means I was asked to see something.

Sometimes, I sell natured Pokémon. Black market's good this time of year.

Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:52 am

Charlie was amazed at how agile the cat was, being able to maneuver it body in order to land on all fours. The cat again prepared for another attack, but this time Thor was ready for it. He waited till the Purllion was very close. Then quickly jumped to the side before again trying to sink his teeth back into the cat. Charlie knew, exactly what Thor wanted to do, he wanted to lay down an ember attack. But with all the trainers in the area he knew that it would be too risky.

Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:35 pm

Cayden instinctively attempted to avoid the oncoming danger by leaping to the side. But his untrained dodging technique was poor at best and the Minccino tumbled backwards from the force of the Peck. Scrambling to his feet, Cayden quickly tried to ready himself for a countermeasure. Neina smiled down at her friend and hesitantly suggested, "Umm...go ahead and try another Iron Tail?" The chinchilla nodded as his tail glowed bright and he swung it rapidly at the foe Vullaby.
---
A battered looking rabbit Pokemon emerged from the bushes and looked up at a gawking trainer and her Pokemon. The wild, weathered Buneary curled his fists and his ears instinctively. "What 'choose think you lookin' at, eh?" he growled with a thickly accented, gruff voice. If provoked to fight, the much stronger wild bunny would surely be a nearly impossible challenge but for now, he was only mildly annoyed at the peeping onlookers.
Buneary, male, level 17
---
Angered by the searing pain of the foe's Bite, the enemy Purrloin yeowled and flailed dramatically. It squirmed and righted itself before darted forward and clawed out with unsheathed, raking
sharp claws in another attempt at a Scratch.
---
The excitable Lillipup jumped up and barked noisily in his native tongue and then shouted out loud in English, "Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!" The puppy circled and then sniffed the air, bracing itself for a battle. "Challengers, you go first, alright alright?"
---
The crowd shuddered from the sudden and strange psychic intrusion to their collective minds by Mewlin. But that didn't stop everyone from continuing to conduct their bargaining business. Only three kids even responded to Mavis, in fact. A blonde girl with pigtails and a plaid blue and green dress sought her immediately. "You're Mavis? I have a Tri Pass if you're interested unin trading still." A boy with freckles had eagerly approached but his face fell at the prior offer. "Oh...all I have is this Basement Key," he explained timidly, holding out the rusted keys. A final, confident, frizzy haired boy came over and spoke loudly, "You're the creepy psychic offer one?" he frowned and looked apologetic, "My apologies, that came out wrong. It was just bait...disconcerting....to be honest. But I'll trade a Wailmer Pail for your goods."
---
A shiny, bluish damp stone lay at Harry's feet. The Damp Stone might be easily missed but if he was lucky to find it, it could be useful in battle or bartering.

Follow Me on Tumblr

Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:11 pm

This time, it made contact. Vullaby was sent spiralling out of the air, and panicked. What was that strange move? The vulture did not wish to suffer the brunt of another Iron Tail, swiftly making a getaway. The Ekans had by then uncoiled itself, slithering to the Trainer with large imploring eyes.

You can attempt to friendship catch Ekans :>
-----
Harry picked up the stone the moment he kicked it. The stone had a tiny kick from where his foot made contact, but it was otherwise in pristine condition. "Wet rock," he stated, placing it in his satchel. Hate to correct you, but that's a Damp Rock. It increases the turns of Rain Dance or the ability Drizzle, if it's in action. The rock is also rumoured to change Castform's form if said Pokémon holds it, thus making this Castform a Water-type. At Scutzen's correction, Harry nodded in response. He liked learning about new things. As he adjusted his satchel, he noticed something else move.

Encounter?

Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:06 am

Avon flinched a bit at the aggravated fluffy bunny. It was so cute looking but that accent was off setting. Still his cuteness factor, after his coat was properly managed, was one the trainer could not ignore. "Oh Sorry Mr. fluffy! Me and Kit want to battle!" He called to the brown Buneary and let the pretty Skitty. The small cat like pokemon strutted up closer to him. Her bulb like tail swaying his her hips in an almost seductive manner in attempt to use her cute charm against the rugged male buneary. "Oh! Kit use Tackle!" Avon shouted out the fail safe first time trainer move. "Kay!" She dragged out as she rushed toward the bunny, tackling him in a pouncing like manner.

Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:57 pm

Neina cheered and Cayden joined in. The girl and her Minccino were elated by winning their very first fight ever, against a clearly stronger foe. Now they turned to the uncoiling Ekans. "You're safe now," the girl informed the Pokemon. "Vullaby has gone and you can leave now if you wish." The pair waited for a response.
---
The wild Buneary sneered and quickly hopped out of the way to dodge Kit's Tackle. He somersaulted, tightening his muscles to increase defense for an extended period, a Defense Curl. He curled one ear very tightly and ran forward to land a Pound with his ear. "You erhve messed wit' day wrong Pok'mon," he sneered, "Were ya 'spectin' a cute fuzzy bunny, eh?"
---
A fuzzy little Pokemon hopped ahead. The tan and chocolate colored rabbit smiled at Harry and Schultzen as she passed. She stopped for a moment and turned to the human boy and his psychic, hovering friend. "Hello," the small Buneary greeted sweetly, "Who are you?"

Follow Me on Tumblr

Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:03 pm

It took a while for the Ekans to respond, and he shook his head. He wanted to be strong like the girl's Miccino, so that he will never have to face this problem again. The Ekans did not speak English, but he understood what the girl was saying and he was persistent in wanting to follow her.
-----
"Harry," The boy pointed to himself, "Schutzen." The hovering Sigilyph bowed slightly, before projecting his thoughts to the Buneary. We're traveling. Harry here is a man of few words, but if it interests you we're on an adventure to befriend as many Pokémon as we can. explained Schutzen to the Buneary in the hope that it would persuade her to their cause. Harry could not hear his Pokémon's speech, remaining silent throughout. It was only courteous, after all, if they were truly in conversation.

Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:34 am

The wild Buneary looked up with wide eyes. "Hmmm...that seems what's the English word I'm looking for terrible!" she cheerfully giggled. At the surprise silence, she added apologetically, "Was that the wrong word? How do you say terrific?" she directed at Schutzen.
---
Neina look down at the eager-looking Ekans and despite her snake-squeamish instincts, the girl reached into her purse and withdrew a Heal Ball. The gleaming capture sphere was pink with swirls of yellow divided around the middle by a solid purple line. Maximizing it to full size with the small button on the side, Neina presented it to the wild Ekans. The Pokeball would heal the Ekans injuries in addition to capturing the Pokemon. All it would take would be for the snake to press the dark purple button and allow itself to be captured.

Follow Me on Tumblr

Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:06 am

Harry seemed a bit disappointed when he heard the Buneary say it was terrible. Then, he noticed her asking Schutzen something. The Sigilyph mentally corrected the Buneary's pronunciation, with a sigh of relief. For a moment there, he thought the Buneary was laughing at this journey and calling it unfortunate. If you think it's so terrific, why not join us? I'm sure it'll be nice to see the world and hang around undiscovered places. inquired Schutzen, attempting to convince the Buneary to join them on an adventure.
-----
Ekans was caught! 75/100 :>

Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:58 am

The wild Buneary smiled and nodded fiercely. "That sounds like it would be a lot of...how you say...funny?" She smiled sincerely, ready to accept capture without the slightest hint of struggle.
«Buneary caught! 56/75%»
---
The Ekans touched the big purple button on the front, readily accepting his fate. The snake was absorbed inside the Heal Ball immediately and the capture device fell to the ground. Ekans succumbed without struggle and the Heal Ball dinged as it closed. Neina smiled and let the Pokemon out.

"Hello," Neina waved at the purple creature. Now that its scratches and cuts had healed, it was quite obvious that a jagged, spiraling scar ran the length of its body and up to its left nostril. This scar was too for naturally healed to be fixed but Neina appreciated how tough it made Ekans look and how it gave her Pokemon originality and personality. Checking quickly on her Pokedex, Neina learned that Ekans was male and level 7. "So now you need a name..." Neina started, "How about...Ryan?" The Ekans nodded vigorously, glad to accept a name. The newly named Ryan followed alongside Cayden and Neina and together the trio continued on their way to Sandgem...
Item?

Follow Me on Tumblr

Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:17 am

Harry listened, before silently producing a Pokéball. The Buneary would make a good addition to the team, and he knew that she would enjoy herself as much as he would on this adventure. As he tapped on the Buneary's head, the Buneary entered and succumbed to the ball without any form of struggle. It was a cordial, painless capture. Schutzen gazed watchfully as he released the Buneary again, in order to give her a nickname. "Kate," he stated at last, and Schutzen's three eyes seemed to grin in recognition of the nickname to his teammate. Kate took a few moments to digest the new nickname, before she indicated she was good. The trio began making their way to Sandgem, hopefully they were still in time.
-----
A small, teal-coloured stone was visible on the ground, sparkling in the sunlight. On closer inspection, a lightning-shaped bolt sparked inside the stone itself. Neina would have no use for a stone like that for now, but it was still rare and worth quite a bit if she were to sell it or trade it off.

Thunderstone found

Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:02 am

"Well you are a cute fuzzy bunny just with an adorable-ish accent." Avon trilled, smiling at the Buneary happily. "I just can't wait to catch you and have you on my team!" Kit was a bit fazed by the pound by prepped for another attack. "What do you want me to do Avon?" The skitty glanced back at her trainer for a moment while she addressed him. "Growl an then Fake him Out!" Avon exclaimed remembering his mom's advice for this combo. The pink fluff ball pranced up to the bunny and growled a soft petite note. After that cute little display, Kit suddenly brought her paws together in a Fake Out. A small shocking shock wave hurled itself at the buneary.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next