It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Alterity: Sinnoh - The RP Thread 

A large crowd had gathered outside of Rowan's laboratory in Sandgem. The Professor was still nowhere to be seen but the waiting lines of Pokemon trainers were shouting rambunctiously, all varieties of people trying to yell to be heard over others, trying to engage one another in bargains and trades. A particularly round faced boy with feathery, short brown hair, a kind face, and a terribly clashing yellow and green striped top with red cargo shorts approached Harry suddenly. He held a golden brown egg close to his stomach. "I'm Tommy," the boy introduced, "I traded for this mystery Pokemon egg but...I'm...not really prepared for the responsibilities of caring for a baby Pokemon. Do you have anything you'd like to trade for it maybe?" Another trainer, a girl with long auburn hair and loud clothing, approached quickly, "Do I smell a trade?" she giggled. "Don't count me out! I have a...uh...glorious package!" she improvised, revealing a brown paper-wrapped parcel labeled 'To: Professor Samuel Oak'. Perhaps it contained useful or expensive goodies inside. Otherwise trying to haggle a product with such a notable name on it might even yield a better trade. Or even returning the package to its rightful owner might be worthwhile. " So?" she giggled but she was quickly interrupted by yet another trainer, a tall boy with bluish spiky hair. "Hey kid!" he shouted, "How about an Xtrans for your goods?" he offered, flashy the shiny electronic device on his wrist, "What exactly are you offering anyway, kid?" All three trainers looked on expectantly at the boy and his Pokemon, waiting for Harry's offer and choice, if any at all.
---
Neina looked down at her feet and noticed a nearby stone. She'd heard of this item before: it as a Thunder Stone, a rare
Evolutionary stone with the ability to evolve certain species of Pokemon. However, it was not particularly useful at this point in Neina's travels, so the girl simply pocketed the beautiful greenish rock and continued on her way toward Sandgem. As she was nearing the borders of the city, she heard a sudden and loud rustling in the nearby bushes.
Event?
---
"Catch me? Don' make me laugh, girly! I shore ain't gernna jus' letcha catch me an' ain't no way Imma join no one's team." The Buneary spat as he leaped well out of the way of the Fake Out attack's range. "Yer got yerself a Pok'mon so I'm shore y'all understand. Pok'mon ain't toys an' yer stupider than ya look if ya fink Imma willing obey." With that, the wild Buneary dashed forward with another ear-thrusting Pound.

Follow Me on Tumblr

Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:02 pm

Harry immediately took a shine at the boy offering an Egg. "Want. Take wet stone," He took out the Damp Rock he had picked up earlier, offering it to the boy in the hope of a trade. To the other two, Schutzen did his owner a favour and declined them on his behalf. After all, it was silly to have 2 Xtransceivers, and the boy had no idea who this Oak person was- and naturally he would be inclined to return the parcel than to frivolously trade it around. Kate trotted near Harry's feet, unused to all the noises. Her delicate ears hurt and she resorted to grooming them desperately in order to block out or at least muffle the chatter that surrounded her.
-------
Attracted by the electricity from the Thunderstone, an Emolga shot out of the bushes. "Gimme that stone! Gimme that stone! Gimme that stone!" she squeaked loudly, tunneling into the girl's hair and refusing to leave until she was given the Thunderstone to power her electrical abilities. The wild Emolga was hellbent on harassing the girl- it was strange considering most Emolga would not immediately take such an aggressive stance. Perhaps the stone meant something more to the Emolga that just to absorb electricity.

Female Emolga, level 6

*STRETCHES OUT POLIWAG LEG FOR MILES*

"I don't know what you're talking about."

Sporadically active. If I post, it means I was asked to see something.

Sometimes, I sell natured Pokémon. Black market's good this time of year.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:20 am

Mavis apologized in a soft, whispery voice for her use of her psychic pokemon's ability. It was natural to her, a loud psychic talk feels much like a loud normal talk. She hadn't thought that people with less contact with psychic talk would be uncomfortable.
She considered the three offers carefully. She didn't really need another berry watering thing, and the Tri Pass quest, once it was explained to her, seemed like too much work. She dug the stone out of her pack and handed it to the second offerer, the boy with the freckles and the Basement Key, swapping the two with a quick whispered thanks to all three of them, but she's taking this guy's offer.

Still clutching Mewlin tight in one arm, a fistful of keys in another, she swam out of the sea of people and inched away nearer to the doors of the lab, but farther from the crowd.
That was intense. she thought to Mewlin.

encounter/event/item please?

MEWSGREEN SPRITES

Collector of Mew and Green Sprite Pokemon

Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:48 am

As the Harry and Mavis finished up their trades, Professor Rowan soon appeared. He briskly exited his laboratory and waved to the crowd. The older gentleman smiled and waved again, seeming to simultaneously stare right at each and every person in the crowd he was addressing. "Hello everyone. I know you have traveled far and wide, many of you crossing the entire region or even farther to come here. I want to wish you all good luck and have some special items for you to aide you in your travels. If you visited earlier, you will notice that the items I give out do in fact change throughout the day and I will be making a few more random appearances later for anyone who wishes to wait around, though I really suggest getting started on your training instead (this old man really isn't all that interesting anyway)" he laughed and paused as several research aides approached him with their arms full of boxes. All contained one TM inside, labeled clearly, so the trainers would only need to so much as ask for any TM they desired and they would promptly receive the fancy move license.
---
Neina screeched as the filthy rodent climbed into her hair. It seemed cute but its behavior was simply gross and entirely inappropriate. The pink hair girl swatted the Pokemon out of her hair and ran away quickly without glancing back. Soon, she arrived in Sandgem Town, Ryan and Cayden trailing just behind their trainer. "Alright boys, let's get something to eat." The trio ate at a small diner and then continued on their way, trying to find the laboratory of Professor Rowan.
«Trainer Encounter?»

Follow Me on Tumblr

Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:41 pm

Harry couldn't quite pick- literally. His arms were full with the Egg and he didn't want to let his Pokémon carry it. Schutzen had no arms, and Kate's paws were way too small for the Egg. Schutzen analysed Harry's mind in order to decipher what he wanted with the TMs on hand. They already had Future Sight, which was illegal on all terms and a powerful move by itself. Kate's moveset was an enigma though, and Harry had intention to fully utilise the versatility of a Normal-type Pokémon. Finally, Schutzen followed his owner's wishes and levitated a light blue TM out of one of the boxes. The TM was marked 'TM13', and was unironic by itself. Harry was very experienced in terms of living and studying Ice-type Pokémon, it was no surprise that he would go with a move he was confident in. Both his Pokémon could learn it as well. Harry bowed to the esteemed Professor after receiving his gift, and Schutzen telepathically thanked the assistants for the TM.
-----
"You have two Pokémon too!" A boy came to Neina's table, holding a Chingling in his arms. "Ching~" the bell Pokémon cried in a soft, soothing voice, and the boy smiled bashfully. "Your Ekans looks really tough," he complimented Ryan, before turning to Neina. "Oh, I nearly forgot. My name is Cole, and this is Chingling. I also have a Sandile, but he's resting in his Ball right now. Took me a while to get this Chingling." The Chingling merely let out a soft giggle at his words.

*STRETCHES OUT POLIWAG LEG FOR MILES*

"I don't know what you're talking about."

Sporadically active. If I post, it means I was asked to see something.

Sometimes, I sell natured Pokémon. Black market's good this time of year.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:55 pm

This time Kit dodged, getting the feel of his attack. "Oh come on Mr.Grumpy! You should come with us, it might fix that attitude of yours." The skitty whined at him a bit. Avon grinned at his little skitty. "It'll be fun! Oh come on Mr.Buneary." She pleaded with her hands clasped over her chest. "Oh Kit Kat use Fale out and then Tackle!" The fluffy ball of pink bounded at the fluffy bunny pokemon, stopping right in front of him. Again, she clapped her teeny paws together, causing a small wave of impact. Then the skitty suddenly pounced at him again in high hopes her attacks were effective.

Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:56 pm

Mavis was amazed at the variety of choices. She couldn't quite recall what Mewlin's future moves and learnable TMs were, but the aide closest to her had a pokedex with all the data she needed. The aide then told her to take as much time as she needed, but not too much time.

Mewlin prodded at the buttons of the pokedex, looking at her prospects.
No offensive fire attacks... It would have been so cool if you could learn flamethrower! But you can't. Hm, do you know what hidden power element you have? Mavis thought.
There's some calculations that would; I might be grass type.
Another good one is electric type attacks. You learn charge beam when you evolve, but there's thunderbolt here. And a grass type, energy ball. Those are pretty neat too.
Dream eater would be a good follow up to my yawn attack. thought Mewlin to Mavis as they scrolled futher down the TM list. ...Dark pulse?
Mavis shivered. You wouldn't want that one. It... it changes everyone around when it's used, you know? I don't want you to get hurt.

Eventually, Mavis returned the pokedex to the aide and told him that she was choosing between Thunderbolt and Dream Eater, and isn't there some way she could have both, pretty please? However the aide was adamant about following the one TM per trainer policy, so Mavis walked away with a shiny new TM24, Thunderbolt.
Mewlin following at her heels, the two entered the pokecenter to use the TM and to reserve a room for the night.

MEWSGREEN SPRITES

Collector of Mew and Green Sprite Pokemon

Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:35 pm

As Harry continued along, an abandoned regular Pokeball lay waiting, discarded off the main path recklessly. Obviously the boy would need to reregister the capture device (probably under the guise of a gift) before using it but free stuff was nice regardless.
---
Mavis healed up her Pokemon quickly and rented her room. Upon reaching the tiny rented space, a tiny brochure pneumonia her bedside table announced:

"Thanks to everyone for their generously donated contributions! Our recently completed Training Center includes six new back rooms: a Sparring Gym, a Recreation Lounge, three Intensive Move Training Chambers, and a Refreshing Sauna."

Mavis could easily check out her new TM and head to a Move Training Chamber to practice and maybe even level up. Most trainers in Gym cities utilized their Gym facilities to practice like this but this special Pokemon Center addition was the closest thing to a Gym that Mavis would see for awhile.
---
The wild Buneary growled angrily and shook his head. Wasn't this exactly the type of scenario that Avon's instructors had warned her against in trainer's school? Didn't they always say to avoid high leveled Pokemon and especially those that displayed aggression? Either way, the Buneary launched another sparring Pound with both ears, enjoying the easy target practice against the weaker foe.
---
Neina smiled excitedly. "You're the first trainer that's talked to me since I left home!" she admitted with a smile. "These are my Pokemon friends, Cayden and Ryan." Cayden shook his beautiful silvery grey coat, admiring the handsomeness of Cole's Chingling. "Pleased to make your acquaintance," he purred slowly. Ryan nodded his purple head in agreement. "My companion offers similar greetings," explained the girl's Minccino quickly, "But he is rather ignorant of the human languages and apologizes for the inconvenience." Neina looked curiously at the new boy. "Maybe we can heal up your Sandile at the Pokemon Center and then have a two-on-two practice sparring match?" she suggested hopefully with a flip of her short cute pink hair.

Follow Me on Tumblr

Thu May 01, 2014 12:20 pm

Kit attempted to brace herself as much as possible. The harsh blows were wearing her down. Bravely, Avon walked up to the buneary, preventing further harm to the beloved Skitty. "Now you listen here mister fluffy, I need some more pokemon on my team so that I can enter all the contests I can. Your species can be really uber good in most of them, since well you are really cute, and I can't stand to see you pick on poor Kit any longer. So you're either coming with us and becoming something great or you're staying here and living out whatever it is you wild pokemon do." With her little speech done, the snowy haired trainer tossed the ball at the fluffy and very aggravated buneary.
(Capture attempt?)

Fri May 02, 2014 11:39 pm

The Pokeball quickly absorbed the Pokemon in a bright flash of light. But it was obvious this particular Pokemon was not submitting willingly without a fight. The ball spun wildly and shook mightily as the Buneary momentarily caught inside put up a bold and violent fight. Finally, just as it seemed as if the capture sphere might actually close and ding to announce its resounding success, the Pokeball burst open in a flash of light and the disgruntled brown rabbit creature appeared and quickly scurried off into the bushes, muttering a mixture of English and Pokespeak curses under his breath. The Pokeball lay waiting, open but intact for reuse later. Avon and Kit had not succeeded in recruiting a new teammate but their battle had bee great sparring practice.
(Capture? Failed! 60/50.454%
Second Chance Encounter? Failed! 100/50%
Reusable Pokeball? Yes! 32/90%)

Follow Me on Tumblr

Sun May 04, 2014 7:31 pm

"Drat." Avon muttered as the buneary fled. Kit frowned as well and picked up the pokeball. She brought it back to her trainer. "Here!" She yipped around the red and white capture device. Avon took it from his beloved Skitty and pocketed it. "Thanks Kit Kat you did a great job handling that meanie." The girl patted Kit's head. "Yeah he was a meanie." She murmured dreamily, her head cocking to the side so Avon could get a better place to scratch and pet. The trainer smiled at her pokemon, at least she still had Kit, who cared about that grumpy pants Bearny. "Well who needs him anyways? Let's just get to SandGem so we can official start our journey." "Yeah!" Kit echoed him, excitement filling her once more. The duo then walked off from their defeat towards the start anew. Kit chattered on about meeting far better pokemon and people on their journey unlike that fluffy bunny. "Come on Avon Cheer up."
(Event?)

Wed May 07, 2014 8:05 pm

A Pokemon emerged quickly from behind Avon and Kit Kat, darting back and forth quickly, chasing rays of sunlight. The yellow and black lizard was known as a Helioptile and the adorable Electric type continued to roll around, playing happily in the sunlight. Then he spoke, in an awkward mixture of Pokemon language and English, "Hi! I'm glad to meet with you!"

Follow Me on Tumblr

Wed May 07, 2014 8:16 pm

"Alright. Rune use transform!" Logainne commanded her underling. He tried to put his game face on and quickly began to sketch an odd circular symbol on the ground. It looked quite complex, but he was so used to drawing it that it only tooka few seconds to complete the rune. He painted his paw and then slapped it down in the center, causing his green paint to glow and envelope him! His shape changed to that of the Lillipup he was to battle! Logainne used her Pokedex to see the moves Rune could now use.
"Alright tackle it!" She ordered. Rune ran forward and tucked his head in, preparing to collide.
"You know a please couldn't hurt!" He yelled out.

youtube
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Sun May 11, 2014 5:35 pm

"Awwwww!" Avon squealed at the sight of the new pokemon. He was so adorable, especially the way he talk in a mix of pokemon and english. Kit grinned at Avon. "I told you so." She stuck her tongue out at her trainer before engaging into a conversation with the Helioptile. "Hello! I'm Kit! It's nice to meet you too!" She pranced over to him with a smile. "And I'm Avon." She waved to the new pokemon. "It's a pleasure to meet you! I'm actually a new trainer on a journey and I just finished battling a mean pokemon I'm glad your not like him."

Sun May 11, 2014 7:56 pm

The Electric type lizard continued to smile and nodded, "Yup yup! Am glad too! You seem really nicey, miss!"
---
The Lillipup smiled and readied for a quick sparring battle. Charging forward for a Tackle, both Pokemon collided in the middle of their routes. The identical brown puppy dog Pokemon bounced backwards and the original got up immediately. The wild Pokemon used a quick Leer, his eyes momentarily flashing a deep, pulsating scarlet before he firmly returned to his original ready stance, waiting for Rune or Logainne to make another move.

Follow Me on Tumblr

Wed May 14, 2014 8:44 pm

"Oh! Hehe" Avon giggled girlishly at the tiny electric reptile. This cute little pokemon was perfect for her cute little team. Kit glanced up at Avon with her shiny brown eyes. "I think we should take this one for sure Avon!" The Skitty gave a friendly smile at the Helioptile. "So like me and Avon here are partners for a pokemon journey and she is the coolest, most awesomest, most amazingest trainer ever!" The pink fluff ball gushed out hoping to convince the the yellow lizard to join, even though Avon hasn't ask him yet. Avon giggled again and flipped her long flowing hair. "Oh Kit! You're adorable babe." Kit Kat gave a small "mhm!" "Anyways Mr. Helioptile, I was wondering if you'd want to join are little crew. It was be my pleasure to work with you." She produced a small capture device. The shiny coating was slightly tarnished from it's failed capture with the rudy buneary. The trainer presses the button and enlarged the ball. "So what do you think?"
(Friendship Capture Attempt?)

Sat May 31, 2014 7:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3