It is currently Tue May 30, 2017 4:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Johto Journeys 2: Unown Shadows (OOC/Singups) 

Johto Journeys 2!

Welcome to the Johto region! This is a sequel to the original Johto Journeys roleplay set in the future. Since then all of the gyms have changed and even some new towns have formed! Years ago the original heroes stopped Team Rocket and took on the pokemon league, and Johto has remained peaceful for years. But this was only the calm before the storm, as Cipher, a criminal organization who unlocks the true strength within pokemon, has began to appear in the region. It seems they are interested in the legendary bird, Lugia! The old heroes of Johto have since traveled far away to train! It is up to the new heroes to awaken the other mystical pokemon of Johto to save Lugia and stop Cipher!

To start your intro use this note form the professor as the beginning:

"I have received your application to become one of my research assistants and I am writing to inform you that you have been accepted. Please come to my lab in New Bark Town to collect your starting pokemon and the new pokedex I need your help filling out. There is a new feature that will require a lot of field work that I cannot do alone. You should also take on the pokemon gym challenge so you can get stronger with your partner pokemon to help you with the research.
Good luck and see you soon"
-Prof Elm

Rules:
1. Generic forum rules
2. As long as you don't curse, I don't care what you put
3. You control wild battles and gym battles.
4. There are no levels
5. Your pokemon can learn attacks at any pace you wish.
6. You can ride larger pokemon to cut time depending on their speed (ask me, not a small pokemon like Clefairy)
7. If I am gone for more than two days, ask a fellow member to generate pokemon for you/start you off.
8. Don't God-Mod
9. Every post you may ask for a pokemon/item/NPC, if you ask for an event then you will get a random chance.
10. You are using your post as a character page, and I expect you to update it.
11. Anyone can be a GM as long as they know how to generate pokemon, catch rates, etc. Just ask and I will appoint you as one most likely.

Sign-Up Form

Spoiler: show
Quote:
Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
History: (Can be bullets)
Starter preference(When I accept, turn this into your party section): (One of your starters will be this type)
Rare Item(When I accept, turn this into your items section): (It can be any item you think will help you on your journey)
Other:

Accepted:

NPC's

To find a certain NPC, just hit Ctrl + F and type their name.

Name wrote:
Sienna
"She was a short light-skinned girl with a blonde bob and an excited face. She wore a white blouse and pink neckerchief tucked into a mint skirt with long white socks and black flats. Her clothes were exceptionally clean so you could tell she was a new trainer."
Pokemon:
Sunkern
Items that can be swapped:
-Oran berries
-Blue Scarf
Trades:
-

Last edited by Clefairies on Fri May 09, 2014 10:42 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:46 am

Johto Cities and Towns:

As you enter towns, there will be more info added to this section. The gyms will not be revealed until you reach a town.

New Bark Town
A small town where many families move in order to start their children off on pokemon journies. It is close to Kanto so it is ideal to live here if your child is exploring either region. A Professor lives here and he sends young trainers off on research expeditions every few years.

Cherrygrove City
Violet City
Azalea Town
Ilex Village
Goldenrod City
Ecruteak City
Grazen Town
Olivine City
Silverbell City
Cianwood City
Pinecliff Town
Mahogany Town
Lake of Rage
Blackthorn City
Sprucetop Town
Indigo Plateau

Last edited by Clefairies on Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:52 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:47 am

Extras:

Although the gym locations and leaders have changed, the same league badges are used to represent your victories as many people voted against changing the badges since they have not changed since the league was first developed almost a century ago.
Badges you have
ImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image

Badges you don't have:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Last edited by Clefairies on Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:47 am

Name: Verity Lanellea Weathers
Personality: The only time she truly seems happy is when she is helping Pokemon breed or playing with her Pokemon (her two favorite things in the world). She is very independent and does things in her own unique way. She has few friends, mostly because of her reserved demeanor and pessimistic attitude, but she would like some, because she sometimes gets very lonely.
History: Her mother died just after she named Verity. Her father is a cruel man who beat his daughter often and showed very little remorse. When Verity turned 14, she ran away from home (Lavender Town) and found herself in New Bark Town. She could become certified as a Pokemon trainer but it would be entirely useless if she was too poor to fund her own journey. She eventually found a solution, though; working at BreedCorp. BreedCorp was the perfect solution, it was a company that bred Pokemon for trainers with spare cash (like Daycares, but quicker and more high-tech) and working there would earn Verity a Breeder's license. Now Verity works at BreedCorp as a Senior Breeder, helping Pokemon feel comfortable and ensuring they are happy and healthy (which she views as super important, but the corporation views it more as undesirable obligation, though they do recognize that quality affects the amount of trainers that use the service). She also is allowed to capture and train Pokemon with her license. All of her Pokemon were personally bred, cast-off extras that Trainers either forgot about or decided they didn't want after all. Even though Verity has a great job, she still feels that the BreedCorp atmosphere is too businesslike and too impersonal. Her dream is to travel around the world, offering her free and kind breeding services to trainers, proving that breeding is not just business, that it is all about family and love and care. Currently, she just lacks the bravery and motivation to make her dream a reality. But after applying for a job to work as a Research Aide for Professor Elm, she received a reply inviting her to his lab. Excited, Verity is eager to take this new job which will give her enough money to allow her to travel and hopefully breed Pokemon for people like she wants.
Starter preference: Normal
Rare Item: Unown Report
Other: Her earrings magnetically clip to minimized Pokeballs, so she holds two Pokemon there frequently and the rest are minimized and stored in a pouch on her belt. Verity also only uses Premier Balls, which she brought with her from BreedCorp, because she likes the white design better than the white and red of regular Pokeballs. If she finds other Pokeballs on her journey, she will most likely give them away to other trainers.

Follow Me on Tumblr

Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:10 pm

ImageImage
      N A M E --------------Seth Woodrow
      A G E ---------------..Fifteen
      S E X U A L I T Y ----.Heterosexual
      P E R S O N A L I T Y
        Seth is a very excitable boy with big dreams to become a pokemon master.
        He is a loyal person who values loyalty in a friend or pokemon.
        Seth does not like when people who rely only on one strategy, as he likes
        to constantly change strategies.
        He can be very rash sometimes and inexcusably rude to strangers.
        He is very awkward towards girls and can be a total douche showoff.
      H I S T O R Y
        -Born in Blackthorn City
        -The town had a deep passion for dragon pokemon
        -Seth wanted to become like Clair and Lance.
        -The Elder didn't see him worthy of receiving one of the special dragons.
        -In a fit of rage, Seth ran away from home.
        -He told his parents he was going to go on a journey and not return
        until he was strong enough to prove his worth.
        -Having no pokemon, he did not get very far, but ended up in New Bark.
        -He applied to be a lab aide so he can receive a pokemon from Prof. Elm.
      P O K E M O N
        Mareep Image
        Static/Plus

Last edited by Clefairies on Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:25 am, edited 5 times in total.

Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:08 pm

Is it possible to reroll while keeping Helioptile?

Follow Me on Tumblr

Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:54 pm

Helioptile
Ledyba
Misdreavus

youtube
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:59 pm

One more time keeping Heloptile, please?

Follow Me on Tumblr

Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:29 pm

Helioptile
Sentret
Venonat

youtube
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:50 pm

Hmmm, now I'm caught between Sentret and Helioptile. Both very good choices but I can only choose one...which one shall it be? Hmmm...let's go with...Helioptile! :)

Follow Me on Tumblr

Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:53 pm

Also, Pokeballs are infinite in this rp as it is safe to assume a trainer always has enough. Items can be found if you ask for them only, and you can buy things that make sense in pokemarts.
Also, I posted my character in my first reply to you so can you roll me a starter?
Speaking of starters, the professor doesn't give you a choice of three, he just gives you the one that you choose in this thread.

youtube
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:02 am

Awesome and very nice to see Seth again too. May I ask, what is the function of the GB player in this RP?

Mareep
Bellsprout
Tyrunt

Follow Me on Tumblr

Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:10 am

It isn't going to have a very useful function besides being a music player and perhaps pokeflute + unown disturbance.

I really think Mega Ampharos would be an awesome dragon to have on the team! I just don't know if Seth would pick a Mareep.
Tyrunt would be cool too but since it is a fossil pokemon and pretty big and destructive, I don't think the Professor would let Seth keep it once he saw Seth's personality. I'm not going to re-roll because I want to use a pokemon I didn't expect getting.
So Mareep it is!

youtube
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:14 am

Name: Echo Faith
Personality: She is free spirited young women. Echo isn't one to follow the rules and tends to start her own path. She likes being independent and hates when she has to depend on others. She tends to space out and then claim to be listening to the spirits. Due to this, she has trouble making friends. She loves to be unique and has a strong sense of individualism.
History: Her father walked out before she was born. As a little girl, she watched her mom do the family business of being a medium. This inspired her talking to the dead and fueled her fascination for ghost type pokemon. She was born in Goldenrod City but tended to move around a lot due to her mother's occupation. Though everything change when her mother got into an accident and fell down a flight of stairs, resulting in permeant paralysis in the lower body. From there on out, Echo and her mother settled back into Goldenrod. Echo started to take care of her mum, and even started to learn the family business. Being used to traveling, staying put in one place made the girl feel trapped. With her mother's permission, she made her way to New Bark town to start her own pokemon journey.
Starter preference: Ghost
Rare Item: Ouija Board

Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:11 pm

Accepted~
Rolled Froslass so you get Female Snorunt
Budew
Houndour

Also, the Ouija board you can have but it's not a rare item. The rare item is like a key item that will be unobtainable to everyone but you, so you can claim like a Silph Scope or Devon Scope or something like that if you want it ghost related.

youtube
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:38 pm

How should introductions basically go? And do we get the rare items from the Professor or someone else? At least for my character, I feel like it makes the most sense to come from Elm?

Follow Me on Tumblr

Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:09 am

Oh! Okay, sorry. >_< I'll take a sliph scope

Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:10 am

Name: Zander Lance Star
    Appearance: --
    Personality:
    Zander is an optimistic person. He has strong beliefs and sticks up for what he believes in. He's very honest, sometimes being too blunt. He tends to have a very serious aura, and doesn't really care about consequences. Every action is just "why not?".
    He has a strong passion for music.

History:
    Zander grew up in Pacifidlog Town. He was raised by his mother, a top coordinator who used water pokemon. His mother would often perform for him and he would be happy as ever watching her beautiful performance. He grew attached to these water types and liked the idea of being a coordinator, but in all he just wanted to train his own Pokemon. He studied about water types and battling/contest techniques at a young age. He grew up being very smart and he made his mother proud.
    He noticed his mom would be stressed sometimes and talk about "dad". He didn't know who that person was until he got older. "Dad" had left them, but came to visit once every long while. When he first met "Dad", dad seemed like the best person ever. He was kind, and playful. He wondered what went wrong between his mother and father. At age 7, he learned his dad was a gym leader in a different region and lived there most of the time, that was why his parents had split up. Dad was always lecturing Zander about getting better and wiser. He told Zander to be the best there ever was. He really had only seen dad twice in his life. He hated that. He wanted his dad to be there for him. But he wasn't.

He wanted a new start, a new beginning. He got his mother's blessings and came to Johto to apply for the position. Finally, his own Pokemon journey. To make his mom and father proud.

OKEMON
    PsyduckImage
    Moves Known:
    Scratch
    Water Gun
    Disable

ImageImage
    Jigglypuff
    Moves Known:
    Pound
    Sing

Inventory:
    x1 Egg Ticket
    x1 X Attack

Other:
    Task:
    "Oh yes! I remember now! I need you to investigate egg moves in pokemon. I want to compile a list of moves that pokemon can inherit from their parents. We already have a list going, but we don't have many people who specialize in that subject, so it is hard to complete the list. Here's an Egg Ticket for the pokemon day care in Goldenrod City. If you take it to the couple they will give you one of the unwanted eggs from their reserve." (Professor Elm)

Art by Limniris
Image Image

Last edited by vincent_pimp_kid on Mon May 12, 2014 4:45 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:08 pm
Profile WWW

@Mdf: The items can already be owned but you can get the report from Elm~
@Thunder: Which starter are you choosing?

@Vincent: Accepted; although the optimism and dark honesty kind of juxtapose each other, could you elaborate on that?
Your starter choices are: Mantyke
Sewaddle
Meowth

You can ask for an event which would be a random chance of a pokemon/item/npc (most likely a pokemon)
Or you can ask specifically for an item find or a npc like a rival. Just keep in mind how 'lucky' your character is and don't try to find items every single post or NPC characters. I don't want to put any limits but try to keep it 2-3 items per route and 1 NPC

youtube
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:16 pm

Yeah I kind of took the day to decide and I'm gonna go with the female snorunt

Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next