It is currently Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Alterity: Sinnoh - The OOC Thread (Open and Accepting!) 

Thinking is what I usually use for my own discretion uwu

Also Harry will be visiting via boat, since Snowpoint has a direct boat to access the areas canonically and all owo

*STRETCHES OUT POLIWAG LEG FOR MILES*

"I don't know what you're talking about."

Sporadically active. If I post, it means I was asked to see something.

Sometimes, I sell natured Pokémon. Black market's good this time of year.

Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:35 pm

That's a good point, Alex. By the way, in case you haven't gotten to the latest chapter yet, there is a convention for Flying Pokemon without mouths that Schultzen might be able to utilize. I sorta figured we would just do our own things, color coding or otherwise, and that would work but now that I think about it, your idea is very good, Alex. How about...English in normal font, Pokespeak in this small font, thinking in italics, and psychic relays (also presumably thoughts) will be done in the same manner as thoughts except will say something like "Blahblahblah thought 'this' to Blahblah, transmitting with her psychic mind powers etc etc etc". And if any other conventions like the wind speak thing come up, we'll work those out differently then~ Sound good?

Follow Me on Tumblr

Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:40 pm

Alright, that's good to hear owo

Also I only follow the actual Nuzlocke comic(the White run).

Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:53 pm

Mavis will be flying in via rent-a-bird from Eterna! Because it is fun and exciting XD

Question regarding items - is it based on a request system? Also for encounters? Like [rp paragraph] [encounter please]

MEWSGREEN SPRITES

Collector of Mew and Green Sprite Pokemon

Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:06 pm

To what exactly are you referring, drac?

And Alex, I think the answer to your question is yes. Items are done by request, same as encounters, much like in other journey RPs on here (browse if you're unfamiliar and curious). Mostly, the battle items and things will be freebies, key items give you special perks and stuff, and mail generally gives you (stolen) goods or quests (deliver and get a prize type stuff).

Follow Me on Tumblr

Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:19 pm

The telepathy stuff owo

Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:35 pm

No, I meant this quote:
dracoon wrote:

Like, the original? Is that still around?

Follow Me on Tumblr

Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:37 pm

Logainne is from Jubilife City so what would make her go two cities away when she could just take a quick drive south?

youtube
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:27 am

mdf2711 wrote:
No, I meant this quote:
dracoon wrote:

Like, the original? Is that still around?

Yep, it's still updating uwu

Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:13 am

Clef - A messed up bus schedule? A misread of a terribly complicated subway map? Something similar to this maybe?

Dracoon - That's insane. Personally, I never much liked the original but that's just my opinion. Oh well. Have you at least read through Alterity's blog or something to get a feel for the concepts and ideas we'll be working with here?

Follow Me on Tumblr

Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:07 am

Name: Avon Knight
Sexuality: Loves Guys
Personality: Avon is a flirt. He will flirt with any guy in a ten mile radius, if he is good looking. He likes to refer to himself as a girl and lead other people to believe so. In addition to that his is very frilly and enjoys gossip. He loves everything beautiful in the world and wouldn't even harm a bug. Avon is a loyal friend and will make sure his friends are okay even if it means putting himself in danger.
Pokemon:
Species:Skitty
Name:Kit Kat
Sexuality: hetero
Level: 5
Ability: Cute Charm
Moves: Fake Out, growl, Tail Whip, Tackle, Foresight
About: As a little kitten she was gifted to Avon by his parents to teach him responsibility. Ever since then she and Avon went everywhere together and did everything together, even spy on cute boys. Kit speaks english very well, being raised in an english speaking home instead of a pack of her own kind, and is very talkative.

History: He was born and raised in Twinleaf Town by two loving and supportive parents. His mother and father were both pokemon coordinators, so he grew up around pokemon. He was always picked on by other people, but that's never stopped him. Ever since he was little he has wanted to become a pokemon coordinator and trainer just like his parents. when he received his Skitty, he nearly cried in pure joy. Avon love taking her everywhere and talking to his pokemon friend

Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:18 pm

You have been accepted, Abbie. Glad you've finally joined us. The RP thread is now up. Like I mentioned in a relatively recent post, non-Twinleaf locals will be heading first to Twinleaf Town for whatever reasons you feel the need to give (delays in flights, messy/confusing schedules, just plain wanted to go there, made the most sense with having a tiny harbor and all, etc) and residents of Twinleaf Town will most likely awaken and head out early on to get started. There is a small shop in town, just take your pick of the goods, list below with restrictions (of course you needn't take everything or even anything if you wish not to):

Twinleaf Shop wrote:
Pokeballs: (Max 5, Pick and Choose Your Types, Ball Capsules Do Not Count)
- Pokeballs (Max 5)
- Great Balls (Max 3)
- Ultra Balls (Max 1)
- Level Balls (Max 3)
- Lure Balls (Max 3)
- Fast Balls (Max 3)
- Premier Balls (Max 5)
- Timer Balls (Max 3)
- Nest Balls (Max 3)
- Net Balls (Max 3)
- Heal Ball (Max 2)
- Quick Ball (Max 3)
- Ball Capsules, with Stickers (Max 5)

Recovery/Medicine: (Max 3, Pick and Choose)
- Potion (Max 3)
- Antidote (Max 3)
- Awakening (Max 3)
- Burn Heal (Max 3)
- Full Restore (Max 1)
- Full Heal (Max 1)
- Super Potion (Max 2)
- Max Potion (Max 1)
- Parlyz Heal (Max 3)
- Revive (Max 1)

Miscellaneous: (Max 1 of everything, but try to be reasonable regarding weight)
- Bicycle
- Town Map
- Explorer Kit
- Poketch
- Pokenav
- Xtransciever
- Pokegear
- Holo Caster
- Old Rod
- Sprayduck/Squirtbottle/Wailmer Pail/Sprinklotad (Whichever you prefer, or an alternate Pokemon-related design, if you choose)
- Journal

Precious Items: (Items of this class generally do nothing, but are sometimes rare and valuable and can earn you nice things to trade. They are all first come, first serve, so if another trainer comes along in the RP and grabs it from the shop, it is no longer there, sorry. One per character.)
- Intriguing Stone
- Dragon Skull
- Azurill Doll
- Oshawott Doll
- Rare Tyrunt Pokemon Trading Card
- Heart Scale
- Shoal Shell
- Rare Bone
- Pretty Wing
- Pearl String
- Relic Statue
- Relic Crown
- Balm Mushroom
- Go-Goggles
- Gold Teeth

Follow Me on Tumblr

Last edited by mdf2711 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:37 pm

so how many items should we take, what seems reasonable? don't want to be that greedy person that takes a lot of items.

Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:46 pm

Hmmm? I set maximums for each category (for example, you can take 5 general Pokeballs) and also limits within the item categories (even though you can have 5 general Pokeballs, you can only have 1 Ultra Ball, if you take this then the rest have to be a mixture of other categories/types). Same with all the items with maximums. For miscellaneous, take whatever you think you might need, but try to be aware of weight. Most of those things don't weight much but with whatever else you're bringing on your journey (presumably clothes, camping supplies, toiletries, and other things you want), it could get pretty ridiculous to carry all of those items, so just be a good judge there. And with the Rare/Precious Items, you can only take one. :)

Follow Me on Tumblr

Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:25 pm

Dibs on the Shoal Shell :3

Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:31 pm

Most of the communication gear are more or less the same. Would there be a benefit to carrying more than 1?
Like, would having the Holo Caster make you be able to do SpotPass and StreetPass even though the other trainer doesn't have a Holo Caster?

MEWSGREEN SPRITES

Collector of Mew and Green Sprite Pokemon

Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:34 pm

i'm going to snag those go googles for no reason

Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:34 pm

Logainne already has a Poketch since she is from the city where they're developed and they're super popular there, so I think I'm gonna have her get:
5 pokeballs
2 potions & 1 revive
1 Old Rod
1 Squirtbottle (gen II where it was literally a spray bottle so she can spray Rune when he acts up)

and since she took all of Rune's gambling winnings, she's going to use the money to buy a Pearl String so they aren't carrying a ton of cash but they have something they can sell in a pinch.

youtube
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:54 pm

I kind of forgot that pokemon could talk so I never mentioned Thor speaking, i'll try to get him talking in my next post. Also, I know it's early but would anyone be willing to travel with Charlie and his companion Thor?

Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:23 pm

My character will be introduced soon but I'm not so sure I'm up for a travel buddy yet. If so, we'll see (and it may be based not only on RPers but also how well our characters know each other and get along together) later.

I see absolutely no problem with calling dibs.

Also, Alex, I think each different thing has unique capabilities but that doesn't mean is in any way better than the others. It doesn't mean that they are all entirely different either. Basically, I consider them all to be in the range of similarity like electronic devices in our world: you've got Android and Apple and other companies and they make different types of MP3s, phones, etc. They all act as calling devices, however, in this case. The Pokegear is mainly a phone and a radio. The Pokenav is mainly a phone and a map system. The Poketch is mainly a video phone and a watch. The Xtrans is mostly a news service, computerized Pokemon encyclopedia (like a Pokedex except more specialized in updating with recent discoveries, historical relocation/migration projects in the area, Pokemon league regulations and other stuff) and a video phone. And the Holocaster is mainly a video-calling phone and comes with a handy a internet-browser. They are all upgradeable with specialized features and also connect to an emergency broadcast system (just in case) and though they have similarities, their differences make them all unique. Now, I'm not saying you should get or use them all: I'm just saying that it might not be such a terrible thing to have more than one and if you only choose one, you might want to consider your options carefully~ :)

EDIT: I've been a bit short on time lately for a reply to an RP like Heresy which requires so much more..effort...for me to feel like I've even come close to making an adequate response but I definitely can spare some quick time for my own beloved RPs. Were the three of you (Lux, Drac, and Clef) expecting replies? It seems you're all at least starting off on your way to Sandgem so I wasn't sure if you wanted events or not...remember, from Route 201 you can either head to Lake Verity if you choose (which will reveal a new list of Pokemon for that separate area) or you can just go over to Sandgem. And soon enough we may learn that every route has even more secrets than that~~ ;) (I feel so happy knowing this little tidbit, I really hope you all will enjoy it but I can't reveal it until at least reaching the Professor!)

Follow Me on Tumblr

Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next