It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 7:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Picked Up Events (OOC) (All spots filled!) 

Would I be correct in assuming it's my turn now?

find me:
tumblr | aywas | steam: stormhover

ImageImage

Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:45 pm
Profile WWW

WyndiWingfall wrote:
Would I be correct in assuming it's my turn now?

Indeed it is!

Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:48 pm

Yay! I'll do my best to get the post up tonight.

find me:

ImageImage

Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:23 pm
Profile WWW

Alright, this one's long overdue, but here's my next character!

Spoiler: show
Name: Charlotte "Lottie" Stevens

Species: Human

Sexuality: Heterosexual/Unsure, though she may be leaning towards bi-curious.

Talents/Abilities: -Is very analytical, quick to study the most basic of suspicions around her
-A really good interrogator, having done shades of it in her past
-A good note-taker, not leaving a single detail out of her entries

Items/Equipment: A black vinyl one-strap bag containing nothing but a notebook and pencil (or a pen, if she wants what she's writing to be permanent).

Items/Equipment Appearance(s): N/A

Appearance: Charlotte is of a moderately average height, standing at around 5'7". As for her form, she is definitely a little chubbier than most women her age, though it would be going too far to actually call her fat-- she's technically thin, but she just has a bit of weight going for her. The majority of her weight is focused on areas such as her chest and legs, giving her a well-rounded body in short. Her heart-shaped face is completed by a button nose and rose-colored eyes that have round spectacles over them, and all of these are framed by her red hair, ending in little curls.

Charlotte usually wears button-up blouses or coats, usually with dress skirts or pants to compliment them. The only thing that throws the attire out of whack a bit is her regular sneakers, having no choice to wear them because she's worn out her dress shoes over the years.

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Personality: Charlotte is, above all, quite the friendly one, not afraid to come up to someone and say hello.. Unless, of course, there was a sort of risk or danger from doing so. She gets along well with other people, and she's never judgmental about their flaws (well, not verbally, anyways). She is a very organized individual, making sure nothing is out of line or will fall out of line. The bad side to this is.. She'll make sure nothing is out of line or will fall out of line. On top of her orderliness, she is also a perfectionist, trying to make sure everything she does is done completely, and if it isn't, she turns into a worrisome mess. If something important that she made sure to take care of is messed up in some way, she'll panic and turn to take care of the problem.. Even if there's nothing that can be done about it.

Having had this trait from working at the local library (and being an assistant at the orphanage's library as well), Charlotte has a rather perceptive gaze, believing that absolutely nothing, no matter how subtle or brief, escapes her line of sight. She always keeps her trusty notebook with her to take note of what she finds or sees, including the people she meets (long-term, of course; she'll kept an eye on short-terms when it's a special occasion). She also has little tolerance for cryptic theories or ideas-- unless, of course, she sees it for herself; at which point she'll believe it as fact. She also has a slightly irrational fear of monsters, or anything non-human. Though, being the hypocrite that she is, says that anyone who believes things like these are out of their minds, if only to mask the fact that she's actually afraid of such things.

Bio: Charlotte barely remembers the parents she had, considering she was abandoned when she was rather young, unfortunately. It wasn't until the age of 8 that she was adopted, and she had to leave the orphanage she had come to enjoy. Of all places, she enjoyed the library the most, even offering to be a part-time assistant there.

From there, she was raised by rather uptight parents, whom had the house they lived under a very strict one-- no TV until a set time, friends could rarely be allowed over, no watching anything higher than her age at that time-- basically, it wasn't a 'fun' household. Once she started school, her parents told her and gave her the mindset that grades and work come before anything else; no entertainment for even a second. If she disobeyed even once, she is punished by having her sources of entertainment taken away, or denied food at the worst.

She was admittedly miserable, but as time went by, she got so used to it that she made absolutely sure her work was done before doing anything. One year later, when she started her first year of middle school, she could be seen studying her notes for P.E. class before actually trying it out.. poorly. Participation in P.E. seemed to be the only thing she couldn't do well. Meanwhile, she was allowed into advanced classes due to her exceptional intelligence, and as a result, worked even harder. Her fellow students shied away from her, calling her a 'kiss-up' among the class due to her unwavering diligence.

As social factions began to thicken, Charlotte found herself caught in between the requests and rules of her parents, and the mocking of her classmates. She started thinking that, above all else, work was the key thing she needed to worry about, and that friends were simply a liability to that, and nothing but temporary. Soon, she stopped going over to her friends' houses, all cut-offs from socializing having the excuse that she was 'busy'. She started gaining weight, partly because of her solitary work and refusal to exercise. By the time she got to high school, she was one of your everyday students that worked hard and never gave themselves free time to relax, even when they really deserved it. The only socializing she ever got was with her parents, and that was only for praise on how great she was doing at school.

When it was time to head to college, it turns out her parents had made such a lasting a effect on her that she didn't want to leave. She moved out after graduating, though, and went to college, double majoring in both English and History. Afterwards, she spent her time working as a librarian, as she has years ago in the orphanage, and writing articles about a couple of problems going on in town in the local online newsletter. When she got the reunion letter, she was as happy as a clam; she wanted to see if the library was still as it was before. She doesn't remember as many faces as she should, but she was just happy that she gets to be there again.. Though, what for? This question got to her as she traveled to the middle of the town to get to the building.

Color of your letter: Peach.

Theme Song: Coldplay - Clocks

Relationships: None, but she probably will recognize some of the others that went to the orphanage-- perhaps take notes on them so that she doesn't forget them.

Crush/Romantic Relationships: Her other would have to at least be neat enough, and even then the chances of her gaining feelings grow only steadily.

Other: Now that Charlotte's off the leash of her parents, she can do as she pleases.. But she still follows the rules that her parents had established onto her, and usually finds herself at odds at what's truly the right thing in some situations.

Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:12 pm

I'll be sure to add her! I think Delora might relate to her in terms of 'parents with a leash'...

Also, I believe that now that Wyndi's posted, it's Rora's turn!

~ = Open roleplay
*Picked Up Events

Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:30 pm

Aaaaugh I forgot about the turns thing, I'm sorry! Anyway here's that other character I was adding. I'm gonna leave Nisku out of this for now because I'm just not feeling him. :c I'll replace him with someone else, though.

Name: Reuben Benjamin Langford (goes by Reu)

Species: Human

Sexuality: Bisexual; strong male preference

Occupation: Fourth-year University student studying explosives engineering, currently in the process of applying for an apprenticeship program.

Talents/Abilities:
-Passionate and energetic, at least until he loses interest
-Fairly athletic
-Decent amount of explosives knowledge, including how to rig things to go BOOM (safely)

Items/Equipment: A golden lighter engraved with his name, a book of matches that he insists are "just for backup" (whatever that means), and his invitation letter.

Appearance: Reu is a bit on the tall side, standing at just over 6'1'' with a toned, slightly muscular physique. His medium-length jet black hair is parted on the right with the majority of it swept over to his left side, where it tends to fall in his face. About half of that is dyed in a flame-like pattern of yellow, orange, and red, contrasting with his surprisingly bright blue eyes. He mostly wears graphic tees, typically in neutral colors (favoring black the most) accented with vibrant warm colors, and is almost always wearing his favorite slightly worn black leather jacket, which he never zips up. Gold-colored accessories are a must, most commonly two golden chain necklaces of different lengths and an assortment of gold rings all worn on his right hand.

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Personality: Reu has a penchant for getting himself into trouble, though in his defense, it's usually not on purpose. He is impulsive and excitable with a somewhat immature mindset and sense of humor, doing whatever he wants as the mood strikes him with little regard for any possible consequences, intended or otherwise. He very much lives "in the moment" with fiery passion and genuine enthusiasm, leading him to be somewhat overly-dramatic on occasion. On the other hand, he is prone to distraction and has difficulty focusing on things that cease to capture his interest, often becoming impatient and restless when not engaged. He's an honest, affable man who wears his heart on his sleeve, preferring to keep things simple and uncomplicated.

Bio: Left at the orphanage at age five, Reu was a handful from the start; an exceptionally energetic child, he was always finding new and interesting ways of getting himself into trouble. Rambunctious and restless, he got very bored very quickly during downtime, driving him to explore every nook and cranny of the building he could find whenever the faintest opportunity to do so presented itself. He always seemed to be climbing things and getting into stuff, regularly exasperating several of the orphanage employees during his four-year stay. He was finally adopted when he was nine, having calmed down significantly since age five by then (although he retains the same fiery, energetic spirit at heart to this day).

The reunion invitation was unexpected, coming out of nowhere after two decades. His memories of the orphanage are mostly vague and kind of fuzzy considering his age at the time, but he does recall having many fun adventures at the place, most of which took place in the library due to its sheer size and complexity compared to the rest of the building. Intrigued and a little excited to see the place again, Reu made it a priority to attend the reunion.

Color of your letter: Reddish-orange

Theme Song: One (Always Hardcore) - Scooter

Relationships: Selir Pritchard, one of his best friends.

Crush/Romantic Relationships: None for now; follows his heart in these matters, should it come to that.

Other: He thinks stupid puns are hilarious.

Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:51 pm

This place is about to become BAD PUN CENTRAL.

Also, before I forget - I'll be gone for a week starting this Saturday since I'm going on a service trip for spring break! The hostel I'm staying at says there's wi-fi, but I'm not sure how reliable/fast it will be. Regardless, I most likely won't have time to write up a post if my turn comes around again.

find me:

ImageImage

Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:00 pm
Profile WWW

@Rora: Apologies for not adding your character sooner! Because of this, you can have an extra day with your turn. Also, since you didn't even post with any of your current characters, it's perfectly fine to use whichever ones you want as frequently as you want, so long as you don't ignore other player's characters who are interacting with yours.

Also, the first post should have a list of who goes before and after who and such.

@WyndiWingfall: Thanks for the headsup! Also, that just sounds punderful. Which reminds me- I used to have a character who made bad puns...

~ = Open roleplay
*Picked Up Events

Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:24 pm

I also have another character I'd like to submit~ If there are any problems, please tell me. c:

Name: Victoria Ashen Morgan

Species: Witch (has innate magic power, but is not aware of it)

Sexuality: Bisexual

Talents/Abilities: Victoria can speak English, French and Portuguese fluently, and has already started learning Spanish and German. She can play the violin, and she plays a little piano. She has much better hearing, touching and sense of smell than most people. She can read Braille.

Items/Equipment: A white cane.

Items/Equipment Appearance(s):N/A

Appearance: Victoria has a slim, fragile build. She stands at around 160cm, and while she doesn't show any signs of fat, she also shows no signs of muscle. As for clothing, she tends to wear long dresses and high-heeled shoes (and not because they make her look taller), and is rarely seen wearing anything other than black (even though she really couldn't care less about the colour of her clothes, most of what she owns is black, as she doesn't do her own shopping and the others seem to think black fits her.)

Skin pale as a blank canvas, and flowing long hair of the darkest shades of black that accentuate her delicate features well, Victoria usually keeps her hair tied back with a scarlet ribbon, and covers her eyes with a light red piece of cloth that she ties around her head.

Alignment: Good

Personality: Victoria is, above all, polite. She was raised with the thought that politeness is the basic, something that should be rooted into her so deep she could never forget it, and that she should be polite even with people that aren't polite with her. While not particularly shy, she also doesn't make an effort to go out and meet new people, unless something in someone draws her to them.

Victoria would never judge someone because of their appearance. When she likes or dislikes someone, it is because of who that person really is. What they do, what they say - those are the things the define someone's real character. Because of that, she tries to be the best person she can, always keeping an eye out for the others, so to speak. She wants to help however she can (which is usually via moral or emotional support, rather than physical) and hopes that everyone will do the same.

Bio: Victoria was born blind, and as a consequence, was abandoned shortly after her first birthday. During the time she spent on the orphanage, she didn't have much contact with other children, as she required a sort of special care. She learned Braille at a young age, and by the time she was adopted, she had already found and read some books in Braille from the library - The Little Prince being a personal favourite. The library was also the place she got the most contact with other kids from the orphanage, since she spent much of her time there, as even when not reading, it was easier for the caretakers to care for her there, where there was little noise and was generally less messy.

At age 5, a very rich man with a certain obsession for the classics was planning to adopt a child, but a child wasn't everything he wanted. He also wanted an heir, someone who could take his fortune on when his time came. While he wasn't particularly old - a close inspection would reveal he was in his later forties or late fifties - he didn't have a wife and had no interesting in finding one, and when he saw a little blind girl reading literature in Braille, he made up his mind.

Despite being rich, the man was not particularly strict. He would have Victoria try out new things, and offer her the option to keep on with it or not. While he first attempted to teach her Piano, she didn't like it very much, but stuck with it for a little bit, trying to please the man who adopted her. When she first touched a violin, though, she fell in love with it. The sound, the feel, the challenge. That day, she swore to try her best to overcome the challenge her blindness offered, and to become a good violin player. The rich man also tried to get her into sports, but she never showed much enthusiasm or any particular skills in any. He did make a point of teaching her at least one foreign language, though, which she enjoyed greatly, so much that she tries to learn as many as possible.

One day, a letter written in Braille arrived to the mansion. Victoria was utterly surprised by the contents. A reunion at the orphanage? Would anyone even remember - or, even if they did, would they even recognise her? Still, it couldn't hurt to go. She asked her father for his opinion, and when he gave her his OK, she got into the family's limousine and headed straight to the orphanage.

Color of your letter: Black.

Theme Song: This

Relationships: Might know anyone who spent a while in the library with her - probably doesn't remember anyone too well.

Crush/Romantic Relationships: None as of now~

Other: Besides Victoria, can go by Vic, Tori and sometimes Ash. also likes to make bad puns *bricked*

Image Thou art I...

Saddest parts in games? Have a few. Any suggestions, PM me. MANY spoilers, you've been warned.
Gray Fox's death - Metal Gear Solid
The Boss's death - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Joker's death - Batman: Arkham City
Persona 4's protagonist leaving - Persona 4
Xion's death - Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days (Who else will I have ice cream with?)
Nanako's "death" - Persona 4 - Officially crowned by yours truly as THE SADDEST MOMENT IN GAMING. EVER.
Shinji's death - Persona 3
The Protagonist's fate - Persona 3
Kurow's death - Okamiden
Axel's Sacrifice - Kingdom Hearts II
Labrys' Story - Persona 4 Arena
Sarah's death - The Last Of Us
Henry's and Sam's deaths - The Last Of Us

Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:12 pm

Haha it's alright, I was really late bringing him in anyway... :D;
Buuuuut I posted finally yaaaay (I know it wasn't a very good post I'm sorry) ;^;

Reu's thinking he should've brought some booze right about now.

Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:26 am

Oh boy, I wonder at witch moment she'll discover her powers. :awesome:

Adding her! Also, don't worry Rora! I'm rather enjoying all the character's ways of finding themselves to the orphanage. Now that Rora's posted, I believe it's minicat's turn... I haven't seen them in awhile here, but I understand if they're busy.

~ = Open roleplay
*Picked Up Events

Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:55 am

ahh yep it's my turn! i'm still around, haha i didn't realize it'd been a while since i posted in the ooc, sorry about that.
hopefully i should have my intro up sometime this weekend.

Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:39 pm

Ah, it's fine! Justa' bit worried about you. :>

Anyways, I believe it's Arcadium's turn now, and then after his is mine again.

Also, how might we prod our characters into the building?

~ = Open roleplay
*Picked Up Events

Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:53 pm

Well, for one, we could have the doors just open all by themselves, or someone inside prodding our characters into the building and leading them into the library...then vanishing. And the characters then realize all the doors are locked, and, while looking for a way out, someone stumbles upon a switch, that upon begin switched, opens a door! Or a trapdoor! Or a portal! Or a *bricked*

Of course, we could always just have someone say "we should go inside"

Image Thou art I...

Saddest parts in games? Have a few. Any suggestions, PM me. MANY spoilers, you've been warned.
Gray Fox's death - Metal Gear Solid
The Boss's death - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Joker's death - Batman: Arkham City
Persona 4's protagonist leaving - Persona 4
Xion's death - Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days (Who else will I have ice cream with?)
Nanako's "death" - Persona 4 - Officially crowned by yours truly as THE SADDEST MOMENT IN GAMING. EVER.
Shinji's death - Persona 3
The Protagonist's fate - Persona 3
Kurow's death - Okamiden
Axel's Sacrifice - Kingdom Hearts II
Labrys' Story - Persona 4 Arena
Sarah's death - The Last Of Us
Henry's and Sam's deaths - The Last Of Us

Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:32 pm

Isn't it close to nighttime, anyway? Is there even some sort of set-up waiting for them? Seeing as they were allegedly invited by somebody, there should at least be some sort of reception waiting, whether it's manned or not... -ominous finger wiggling-

Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:23 pm

ahh didn't mean to make you worry! i'm here n vn
re: going in to the building, i agree w/rora. someone orchestrated this reunion so there would be some sort of reception waiting.
i'm leaning more on the lines of someone just suggesting that they go inside because it's going to get dark soon. having the door open by itself sounds more (to me, personally) like sometihng that happens in a horror movie lol

Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:40 pm

I'll be posting soon-ish!

Malka's gonna be like:

new frens

~ = Open roleplay
*Picked Up Events

Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:42 pm

sobs I'm working on a post atm, I promise. I just got back on Saturday and am still readjusting to classes/work.

find me:

ImageImage

Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:22 pm
Profile WWW

With that done, I think it's Rora's turn to step up to plate. No rush, though; I'm sure they've got a lot to do currently.

..God I hope that didn't sound sarcastic gah

Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:33 pm

Apologies for being so inactive lately! However, it appears that everyone is really busy, and in truth, I feel guilty for nagging anyone with any IRL stuff going on. Should the post time be extended?

~ = Open roleplay
*Picked Up Events

Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next