It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 9:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
Picked Up Events (OOC) (All spots filled!) 

IC Topic

Flickers - Son Lux

Introduction

It's quite surprising to see such a quaint building in such a big, sprawling city, and even more surprising to see it right in the middle of it. The small house lies between two sprawling sky scrappers, as if they were Greek columns. The building used to serve as an orphanage, but now it's just up for rent, and for whatever the reason the old and run down building hasn't been torn down, not even to plant a bench or an impossibly small parking space in its place.

You grew up in this orphanage, when it was still running. Twenty years ago, whether you were abandoned at birth or later, they took you in and despite the poor funding, managed to raise you. You do recall the impressive library, perhaps that's why it had such poor funds. Anyhow, sooner or later you left the orphanage, trying to make it in the ever-developing city, but by now you are sadly informed of how the orphanage succumbed to it's debts.

So in an event just as surprising as finding the (closed down) orphanage still standing in the first place, you get a letter inviting you for a 'reunion' of sorts. Seeing as how you haven't seen your companions (or perhaps enemies if you made any) at the orphanage in years, you decide to go, at least out of the curiosity to see how everyone turned out.

By some means you manage to make it to the orphanage by sunset, and see that there are others that have come as well. Perhaps you'll greet the familiar faces before you make it to the library of the supposedly closed down orphanage, as the letter instructed.

Plotting Days:

Plotting is now over, the first act will begin!

Acts
Spoiler: show
Act 1
I -

Players

~ = Open roleplay
*Picked Up Events

Last edited by Pichu-Chan on Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:56 am, edited 23 times in total.

Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:25 am

Overview

The plot of this RP, while telling what's happening, is somewhat vague in terms of where it's all supposed to go. Part of it is because I thought what I wrote was interesting enough, but I was unsure of where to take it next. So, I thought that since this is an RP, it could be more of a collaborative effort as to where the plot leads. If you do join this RP, then it's highly encouraged that you join in the discussion of where the plot can go next. As with all RPs, just about anything can happen!

Essentially, we'll start out by plotting what we want to happen next. I'd like this to be as organic as possible, but to make sure the RP keeps going, I'll write down what ideas we discuss and post summaries of what's been talked about, ect. Ideas we might not use now may be used later. If we ever get stuck on what to do, we can hold polls to see what we like best; like the RP, the conversations and plotting can go anywhere.

I'll set days aside where everyone takes a break from RPing to plot what might happen next- separated into acts-, although they can be extended or shortened depending on what happens. Given that we can't plot absolutely everything, however, we can make our own surprises, not excluding me- so long as it doesn't twist what we have going so far too much or GM. Anything regarding your characters can be kept to yourself, although the sentence before applies to this too. If you want to discuss anything in private, feel free to PM me- I wouldn't mind planning a few twists, although I encourage other players to do this with themselves too!

RP will resume once the plotting days are up and what's about to happen next is set in motion, although not everything is set in stone; plotting's just an overview of what we want to happen next, but not an exact structure we have to follow. We might want to change things along the way. As such, you might want to plot during the RP, too. We can even interrupt the RP to have more plotting days if we can't figure out where to go next.

This RP is more of a fun experiment, to see where this RP can go. Aside from some rules, not even this post is set in stone, and things can, and will change along the way. Feedback is highly encouraged- if you don't think something works, then please tell me! Share with the group about what you think might work! Say what you'd like to do again!

~ = Open roleplay
*Picked Up Events

Last edited by Pichu-Chan on Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Joining

If you want to join, then thanks for showing interest! First things first, these are the rules. Although most things in the RP can be changed, there are some rules that won't under most circumstances:
Rules
1. You can, of course, have violence and love, but please keep it VDex appropriate.
2. You may make as many characters as you want. How active you keep them all is up to you, but please make an effort to respond to those who are interacting with your characters!
3. NO GODMODDING! This means:
A. Controlling a character that isn't yours.
B. No auto-hitting, meaning that you can't have your character's attacks automatically connect, or hit another character. Like for example, you can't have this:
Nichole hit Sandy in the lower left jaw.
But rather, have this:
Nichole threw a punch at Sandy, aiming for the lower left jaw.
C. Making your character all powerful to the point of where they can't be beaten. The exception to this is if they're going against a character weaker than they are or are supposed to be powerful for plot reasons and other things like that.
D. Making your character know everything; ie,
E. There are some other exceptions though, just ask if you really want to do something that might be godmodding and I'll say if it's okay or not.
4. Post what you can manage. While I'd like effort in all posts, there's no official work count, as sometimes things can be better said with fewer words, while at times you might want to write a big response. In other words, there's no official word count.
5. Use proper grammar and spelling, and try your best when doing so, little mistakes are okay, since I make those kinds of mistakes all the time. Posts like
'hi jake' lisa said are discouraged.
6. Also, please RP like this:
Bob was walking down the hallway and saw Kay, "How are you Kay?" he asked her.
Do not RP like this:
*bob walks down the hallway*
Bob:Hi kay!

Or this:
-Walks down hallway-
Or any RPing like that in general, unless it's OOC.
7. No killing others characters without permission.
8. No chat or '1337' speak when posting narration, or when characters aren't communicating.
9. Please remove all items in brackets in the character forms- those are notes for what you're supposed to put there.
10. When talking OOC while RPing, please use something to differentiate between the OOC and the RPing, like brackets for example.

There's also some limited spots for this RP, and I plan on having five more players, excluding myself. This is because I feel the RP will work better if we're more like a close-knit group, although this could change, whether a player leaves or because we might desire more players.

We'll also have a post order, and the number of the players will indicate who goes before and after who. Spots are given to whoever joins first.
If it's your turn, you'll have five days after the last person's post to make your post; if Person A makes their post on February 1, then Person B has till February 6 to make their own post. If it's been after five days and whoever's turn it is hasn't made their post, then their turn may be skipped for whoever's next (the five days apply to them as well, from whenever the last person was supposed to post; If person B had till February 6 to post but doesn't, then Person C now has till February 11 to post). The person who's turn was skipped will be PMed, although they can attempt to post before the person after them, but if the person after them has posted then they must wait until it's their turn again.

If your turn has been skipped twice, and you've shown no sign of activity, then while not getting kicked out of the RP, you may be put on 'hold', in that your turn will continue to be skipped, and your characters will temporarily be explained for why they're gone. If you've been put on hold you're free to re-join, but depending on how long you've been gone you might have to catch up.

Of course, it's completely understandable if you have something coming up and you can't post during a certain time, or if something happened and you can't post. Just tell us, please! Your turn will temporarily be skipped and you can do whatever you like for your characters in the meantime, whether it's explaining why they can't interact or giving them to someone else to temporarily play. Sometimes, in RL, you can't access the internet, and thus can't say that you'll be gone. This is unfortunate, but the very worst that can happen is that your turn's been skipped and your characters explained for why they've been gone.

Note: If I'm ever gone without warning, then you're free to carry on the RP without me. Perhaps we might elect co-GMs beforehand, although you're free to do so if I'm gone and you can't contact me. If the plot is stuck without me, then feel free to make side-topics involving the RP, like AUs... not that we need an excuse to do AUs anyways. :p

Please fill out this form and post it before any characters you might make, and you only have to do so once. It's a small questionnaire about you, feel free to fill out as much or as little as you like.
Code:
[B]Any Nicknames?:[/B] (If you have none, then just leave this blank.)
[b]Anything about yourself?:[/b] (Tell us any tidbits about yourself, if you please.)
[b]Schedule?:[/b] (Fill this with anything we might want to know, such as when you usually get on, or if there's any days you're liable to be gone, but again, fill out as much as you want.)
[b]Contact?:[/b] (Any other way to contact you beyond the site? Fill with what you want.)
[b]RP sample:[/b] (Just copy and paste an average post of yours, though you can write a new one up if you want to.)

Now for the character creation! Without them, we wouldn't even be able to RP, now would we?

Here's the form- other than what's in the brackets, feel free to do whatever character idea comes to mind, since we haven't really decided on what direction the RP is going. If you're unsure about a character, then feel free to talk about it! As mentioned before, you can make as many as you like. Once they're accepted, they'll be listed along with your name.

Later in the RP, we might have a clearer vision on where the RP is going, and as such, you might want to make characters that fit into this vision, but this is only a suggestion.

Forms
Code:
[u]Name: [/u]

[u]Gender:[/u]

[u]Species:[/u] (You can be just about whatever you want to be, just as long as it’s humanoid. Other than that, go wild. You can even make up a species if you want to, though if you do please provide a bit of a explanation.)

[u]Age:[/u] (Age you were when you were abandoned/Age you are now, which would essentially be plus twenty to the first age, like for example 11/31.)

[u]Sexuality:[/u]

[u]Occupation:[/u] (You can also mention if your character is going to school, like in college, and if they are state what year they're in.)

[u]Talents/Abilities:[/u] (Essentially, what you can do, and what you can do well.)

[u]Items/Equipment:[/u] (Anything you might want to mention that your character has.)

[u]Items/Equipment Appearance(s):[/u] (Optional)

[u]Appearance:[/u] (You can use pictures, description, whatever. You can even use real life pictures if you wish to do so. )

[u]Alignment:[/u] (Are you good, evil, ect.? You may have things like chaotic evil here.)

[u]Personality:[/u]

[u]Bio:[/u] (Should state what they were like at the orphanage, how they are now, and how they got to the supposed orphanage reunion.)

[u]Color of your letter:[/u] (Any color will do, it doesn't even have to be a pretty one, but you cannot have the same color as someone else. You can even be specific here.)

[u]Theme Song:[/u] (Optional)

[u]Relationships:[/u] (How you feel about the other characters and if you possibly have any other connections with them. This is optional.)

[u]Crush/Romantic Relationships:[/u] (With crushes you don't have to ask, but no putting someone else's character in a relationship with yours unless they state something like they want the role of a lover filled. You may also put what they're looking for in terms of a relationship.)

[u]Other:[/u]

~ = Open roleplay
*Picked Up Events

Last edited by Pichu-Chan on Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Other

Any asked and answered questions will be put down for future reference, as well as any changes to the structure of the RP.

Q&A:

Changes to RP:

~ = Open roleplay
*Picked Up Events

Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:26 am

Any Nicknames?: Feel free to call me any nicknames.
Anything about yourself?: Well... I've been RPing for a few years now- I think about five? Lately I've been going slower towards RPs, this is the first one I've started since forever-and-ago. :p
I have interests in video games- particularly pokemon, duh, and also writing, although I've been considerably lazier on that.
Schedule?: Usually I tend to get on late, and how much I get on can vary. While I might not get on for a day or two, usually I won't be gone for longer than that, however.
Contact?: Email me at pikachu13445@yahoo.com (it seemed like a good name at the time...).
RP sample: A rare, actually colored car stood out among all the other cars that drove to the school. It's drivers were not the usual stoic ones, but rather, concerned and worried, yet still afraid to let go.

Perhaps the real challenge, however, wasn't staying in a quiet home all those months, but rather, dealing with Ein's return during the summer months. The school knew what to do with Ein better than his own parents did, and they only had him for a year. There were some attempts to amend the home situation, the school gave several pointers about how to curb his many electrical skills. It wasn't a matter of money for the parents, but rather, actually saying no. Saying phrases such as 'No, Ein, you can't have another phone because you've dismantled and nearly started a fire with the last one.' seemed to be way out of their ability, as was making sure Ein didn't cause another series of black-outs. His hometown had put several 'anti-Ein' measures, and Ein saw it as a fun challenge to try and get through several of them; half the time, he manage to succeed.

Thank goodness it was only three months that he was back home, otherwise the least the town would have done was form a mob and physically thrown him out of the town. That wasn't even accounting for all the threats the family had gotten beforehand. The moments of peace from Ein's absence almost made his parents look forward to taking him there, up until they found themselves overwhelmed by the fear of not knowing what could happen whilst he was here.

Delora Lacy
Name: Delora Lacy, but prefers to be called by just Delora since she doesn't know her last name.

Species: Human

Sexuality: Unsure of what her sexuality actually is. She used to claim that she was bisexual to get at her parents, but at most was actually bi-curious, and may still be this way.

Talents/Abilities: *She used to be on the track team back in high school, and is still fairly athletic and a fast runner.
*Also has a lot of knowledge of the paranormal... somewhat debatable on how valid half of it is, though.
*Knows how to research things very well.
*Can be a very good negotiator, but often faces the obstacles of her own nature.

Items/Equipment: Plenty of various charms and little booklets on the paranormal.

Items/Equipment Appearance(s): N/A

Appearance: Delora is a bit shorter than average, although one would only be able to tell if you stood right next to her. She's of a healthy weight, from exercising a lot. She has short, light orange hair that goes up to her chin, with ends that are somewhat uneven from her own attempts to cut her hair.

Delora tends to wear clothing that is loose and comfortable on her, and much of her outfits have patterns to them as well; many of them are second-hand clothes from thrift stores, which she doesn't mind.

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Personality: Delora is a very outgoing, confident girl, but despite her outwardly social appearance, she can be distrustful of others, especially those who appear to have some sort of authority. This stems from how over-protective and strict her parents were with her, and even now, can be very judgmental towards anyone that's in a higher position than her unless you prove otherwise to her. If around such people, she'll be unusually withdrawn, hesitant to really tell them anything, and will just want to get away from them and back to her friends. She tends to be fairly judgmental in general, and can be a very jealous and envious person, striving to have something of theirs that may seem desirable to her. It's almost second-nature for her to take an 'us vs them' nature against others.

She can be very stubborn, but recently has been trying to fix her own habit of back-lashing at what she doesn't want to do, although this doesn't stop her from being reluctant. She has a tendency to hold grudges, and if she doesn't like someone, she can go out of her way to do things they don't like, even if doing so is inconvenient to her.

She has a love, fascination, and respect for the paranormal. She could go on for hours upon hours on her theory on what exists after death and the like, and out of the ordinary will instantly catch her attention. However, from her love comes some gullibility, and she can easily buy into anything if you manage to be authentic enough. She's also very superstitious, and may take extra precautions that to others, may seem unnecessary.

Bio: Abandoned at a young age, Delora stayed at the orphanage until she was about 7, when she was adopted by her 'parents', so to speak. She has fuzzy memories of the orphanage, but they're fond, especially of the library; she still has some of the paranormal books from it.

Delora's parents were always fairly strict and over-protective, monitoring each of their daughters carefully. She and her step-sister almost went to a private elementary school, but they didn't like that they couldn't be close to their daughters. All this really only came to a head when she was in her late pre-teens, when she wanted some sort of freedom, but her parents still kept a tight leash. Delora was silent at first, obeying them, but soon this lead to resentment from her. When she was starting middle-school, that was when she began to rebel in any way she could; having constant arguments, dropping grades, hanging with disapproved friends, sneaking out... all this drove her parents crazy, but if it upset her parents, Delora gladly did it.

Her only sense of security really only came from a local antique shop, which a kind woman ran. She proved to be more of a mother to Delora than her own step-parents. More often than not, she ran away to the shop, although right after she'd be found with her rebellious friends. This woman also happy to encourage Delora's interest in the supernatural, of which the orphanage had spurned. She had a strong desire to find her birth parents, and was sure that maybe they would be kinder to her, yet had no luck on ever finding them, especially with the closure of the orphanage.

Her parents were really only strict out of love and concern; when they were teenagers, they rebelled out of a desperate cry for help, yet their parents only ignored them. So, with Delora acting the same way, they thought that something must have gone horribly wrong, sending her to counselor after counselor- and all told them that yes, it must be their fault, yet they couldn't figure out just where they went wrong.

Delora was unaware of this, and continued to be at an impasse with her parents up until she finally moved out at the ripe age of 18. Her parents were desperate for her to come home, but as she saw it, she'd rather be on the streets than at home. She was unsure of what to do, since she hadn't done too well in high school. Thankfully, the kind woman who owned the antique store offered her a room upstairs if she helped with running the store, to which she gladly accepted. She was often tasked with the job of researching items and what they cost, eventually coming to making deals with customers. More often than not they went well, but sometimes, Delora's own nature could cause her to screw them up.

Once she received the letter, she hurriedly researched the location of the orphanage and told the woman why she needed time off, and off she went. As Delora arrives at the now tattered building, she hopes to get some answers on her abandonment.

Color of your letter: A light grey purple.

Theme Song: -

Relationships: Ilean Lacy - Older step-sister - Was jealous of how she was left alone by her parents (and maybe by how she seemed to be the favorite), but also thought of her to be boring. Hasn't really kept in contact with her. (Anyone can make her if they so wish to).

Crush/Romantic Relationships: Generally rather hesitant with these since she's unsure of who she's attracted to, and would want to go at a slow pace in one.

Other: Delora also struggles with her identity. In highschool, she hinged on being the 'rebel', but now that she's away from her parents, she's not sure of what she wants to do.

~ = Open roleplay
*Picked Up Events

Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:30 am

Excuse me, can I claim a spot for later filling? I'd like to join, and while there's still a good amount of spots remaining, I'd really rather not risk it...you know how fast those can be filled sometimes. xD I'll try to be as active as possible. I think I can manage to post at least once a day.

Image Thou art I...

Saddest parts in games? Have a few. Any suggestions, PM me. MANY spoilers, you've been warned.
Gray Fox's death - Metal Gear Solid
The Boss's death - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Joker's death - Batman: Arkham City
Persona 4's protagonist leaving - Persona 4
Xion's death - Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days (Who else will I have ice cream with?)
Nanako's "death" - Persona 4 - Officially crowned by yours truly as THE SADDEST MOMENT IN GAMING. EVER.
Shinji's death - Persona 3
The Protagonist's fate - Persona 3
Kurow's death - Okamiden
Axel's Sacrifice - Kingdom Hearts II
Labrys' Story - Persona 4 Arena
Sarah's death - The Last Of Us
Henry's and Sam's deaths - The Last Of Us

Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:49 pm

Ah, that's fine! I'll go ahead and reserve a spot~ All you really need to fill out is this to join:

Code:
[B]Any Nicknames?:[/B] (If you have none, then just leave this blank.)
[b]Anything about yourself?:[/b] (Tell us any tidbits about yourself, if you please.)
[b]Schedule?:[/b] (Fill this with anything we might want to know, such as when you usually get on, or if there's any days you're liable to be gone, but again, fill out as much as you want.)
[b]Contact?:[/b] (Any other way to contact you beyond the site? Fill with what you want.)
[b]RP sample:[/b] (Just copy and paste an average post of yours, though you can write a new one up if you want to.)

With most of the info being how much you want to fill out; characters can come later.

~ = Open roleplay
*Picked Up Events

Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:11 pm

Any Nicknames?: Kura
Anything about yourself?: Well, I'm not a very interesting guy. xD I like videogames. I've been RP'ing for a while, I think, but I was too young to do anything decent when I started out. Let's see...I also like anime, movies, music and the such. I guess that's it.
Schedule?: I'm pretty sure I can post everyday. Some weekends are a no-go, since I travel 5 hours by bus and get home pretty tired...and then there's the busy schedule. If I can, though, I'll still post.
Contact?: I'd rather not post it so publicly. I'll give my e-mail and Skype if you PM me, though~
RP sample: *Goes fetch a sample in the dark depths of Here There Be Dragons. Gives up, crawling back after seeing so many RP's he'd taken part in or wanted to.* Q~Q I'll just write one...

Following a slight breeze, the sun went into the room through an open window, casting away the darkness. Looking at the light with eyes half-open, a boy struggled to open his eyes enough to get up. Yawning softly, he decided to give up and went back to sleep. He closed his eyes once again, dozing off...

That's when he heard a noise. Opening his eyes quickly, the boy remained perfectly still, save for his breathing. He wanted whoever just came into his room to think he was still sleeping, and since the door was facing his back, he didn't bother to open his eyes. The child thought the person would be fooled...he was wrong. The adult approached with haste, grabbing the boy's shoulder. Shaking it slightly, the adult began to speak. "C'mon, son. It's time to get up, or you'll be late". The child then turned around. No use pretending any longer, he thought. The father then handed the son a cup of warm chocolate milk, and left the room. The boy simply sighed and prepared for another day, wishing he could go back to sleep.

Image Thou art I...

Saddest parts in games? Have a few. Any suggestions, PM me. MANY spoilers, you've been warned.
Xion's death - Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days (Who else will I have ice cream with?)
Nanako's "death" - Persona 4 - Officially crowned by yours truly as THE SADDEST MOMENT IN GAMING. EVER.
Kurow's death - Okamiden

Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:07 pm

Thanks for the info.! Looking forward to your character(s)! .u.

Also, as a heads up, I might be gone this weekend- for me, it's a long weekend where I have Monday and Tuesday off, and I'll be going on vacation, but I'll likely be on to check for any new members.

~ = Open roleplay
*Picked Up Events

Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:18 pm

Any Nicknames?: Wyndi
Anything about yourself?: I'm just kind of glad to see a non-Pokémon-related roleplay on VDex again, to be honest.
Schedule?: I'm usually on for a few minutes each time throughout the day, but I tend to get the bulk of my roleplay responses done during late night. I won't write when I have major deadlines for schoolwork, however.
Contact?: I'd like to just stick to PM, but I guess you can also hit me up via tumblr ask. (Link's in my signature.)
RP sample: [x]

Name: Aline Faith Graden

Species: human

Sexuality: homosexual

Occupation: college student (junior; English literature major); sells and takes commissions for origami accessories

Talents/Abilities: papercraft, sewing, ballet (including pointe work), diplomacy

Items/Equipment: n/a

Appearance: A slender, blonde, green-eyed girl standing at five-foot-eight (172.72 cm), Aline comes off as slightly fragile. Woe betide the one who underestimates her, though, because years of grueling ballet practices have given her long limbs inordinate strength and flexibility. You'd never guess her intense dedication to ballet from just her hair, however: unlike her fellow dancers, who keep their long hair tightly pinned back in classic buns, Aline sports a pixie cut.

Aline prefers to keep most of her skin covered, so most of her wardrobe consists of long-sleeved tees, straight-fit jeans, long-sleeved dresses, and ballet flats. She usually accessorizes with a pair of handmade origami crane earrings and a charm bracelet her adoptive parents gave her when she was little, and she likes greys, whites, and springtime colors.

Alignment: neutral good

Personality: Aline is one of those people that are hard to dislike: her placidity, maturity, and practicality appeal to older adults, while her fairness, diplomacy, and extraordinary patience give her an older sisterly air to anyone younger. Reserved and willing to let other people take the spotlight, she always seems to be cleaning up after other people, both literally and figuratively. (She enjoys the former, but the latter? Not so much.) She also possesses an unusual level of prudence and caution for someone her age: it might be important to live in the moment, but it's also important to continue living well in the first place. Foresight is (almost) everything.

Ballet has shaped Aline's personality much more than anyone realizes. Although she no longer dreams of dancing professionally (as she once did during her elementary school years), she still trains intensely and takes private lessons off-campus. The dance has taught her to focus singlemindedly, to observe and pay attention to every single detail, to be fully aware of the weight (and sometimes, conversely, the lightness) of her own body; it has taught her to aim for perfection and beauty. Not surprisingly, Aline takes exceptional care of herself: she sticks to a fairly strict diet and exercise plan, although they're not as restrictive as the ones that carried her through her high school years used to be.

Bio: Aline’s birth parents were both in their teens when she was born. Though they tried hard to raise her, eventually the strain and a lack of financial and emotional support from their families led to their putting up for adoption when she was eight months old. Because of how young she was, Aline's memories of the orphanage are hazy at best - not that her years there were particularly memorable either way: she was a quiet, obedient girl (for which adults lavished praise on her), and she spent more time reading and picking up messes other people had made than actually interacting with other children.

A couple in their fifties who had missed the opportunity to have children of their own adopted her when she was five. Aline was one of the lucky ones: her adoptive parents treated her as if she were their own flesh and blood, and Aline often found that her content expression alone was enough to make them smile. Pleasing adults at school seemed to be effortless for her as well, as she turned out to be a model student (or as some others would put it, a teacher's pet). By middle school, she had moved on from her orphanage years entirely and no longer wondered what had become of certain people there; the past was in the past.

Her grades in high school landed her a spot in a small, private, liberal arts college, where she decided to major in English literature. The reunion letter came as a bit of a shock: Aline hadn't thought about the orphanage in so long, and why were they hosting a reunion anyway? Cautious as ever, she looked up the building, only to find out that it was up for rent - what kind of reunion was this? Were they just going to mill around outside the building all day? Nevertheless, curiosity and obligation won out over wariness this time, and after leaving her contact information and the details with her friends and family, she took the train out to the city.

Color of your letter: lime green

Theme Song: Un sospiro (Trois études de concert) - Franz Liszt

Relationships: n/a for now

Crush/Romantic Relationships: Not actively looking for a relationship at the moment, but so far her type seems to be clever, free-spirited, and kind.

Other: She knows how to hem and mend her own clothes, and is considering experimenting with skirt-making in the near future. Her other hobbies are collecting feathers and scouring dictionaries for beautiful words.

find me:
tumblr | aywas | steam: stormhover

ImageImage

Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:18 pm
Profile WWW

Welcome to the RP! Nice character, sort of funny how Delora contrasts her, ha.

~ = Open roleplay
*Picked Up Events

Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:58 pm

Hey, it takes all kinds. :) Out of curiosity, do you have a motive for the reunion in mind at all? I know you said we'd be discussing the plot together, but do you have a starting point?

find me:

ImageImage

Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:16 pm
Profile WWW

Sort of? Perhaps it could be that only those from the orphanage can do a certain task, hence the 'reunion'? Perhaps because all the character's original parents, in one way or another, could be connected- although that'd be up to what we're all okay with.

When we have all the players we need, some of the stuff we can plot first is, like you said, what they're reuniting for, although there's certainly nothing against throwing out some ideas early.

~ = Open roleplay
*Picked Up Events

Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:46 pm

Name: Joshua "Josh" L. Redhill

Species: Human

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Talents/Abilities: Boxing (duh), swimming, dancing, writing poems and songs, playing the guitar (not pro level, but...)

Items/Equipment: A necklace, which was a memento from his biological parents

Items/Equipment Appearance(s): The necklace is simple, with a simple black cloth string and a red, square stone.

Appearance: Shaped like a boxer should be, Joshua is bulky and tall, with pitch black hair and light brown eyes. He has slightly tan skin and stands at 186cm (about 6 feet), with all would-be fat replaced by muscle. His hair is messy and short, and he doesn't take much time to look after himself, personal hygiene aside.

As for clothing, Josh usually wears basic stuff, such as t-shirts and jeans. He almost always wears jackets, too, as he doesn't want to scare anyone with his sheer size...but it doesn't really work. He usually wears Converse All-Stars.

Alignment: Neutral Good, maybe? I'm not too sure.

Personality: Usually, when people hear the word "boxer", many people think about a mindless mountain of muscles...Joshua isn't quite like that. Despite being a boxer, he is actually a sensitive person. He reads books (a habit he picked up in the orphanage), he has feelings, and even writes pieces of poetry and music (despite not letting most people know about the last part). Joshua is usually a trustful, level-headed individual, and tends not to get mad easily. When he does get mad at somebody, though, if it wasn't anything particularly harmful, he tends to forget about it easily.

Josh has no fear of expressing his opinions, and usually, when something has to be decided, he is among the first to say something, and, unless presented with a better opinion (or really, one that he considers better), he tends to be hard-headed, and doesn't change his mind very often. Not afraid to take risks, Joshua might seem reckless for those around him, but he isn't dumb. He would never take a challenge he wasn't sure he could overcome...or so he likes to say.

Ironically as it seems, Joshua doesn't like fighting, unless on the ring. Despite being hard-headed and defending his opinion to the very end, he rarely goes further than having peaceful arguments. Never resorting to name-calling or anything of the sorts, if he loses an argument, Josh tends to concede defeat and admit the other idea or opinion is better. The one thing he can't take is bullying, and goes out of his way to defend a weaker person being bullied by stronger people.

Bio: Back in the orphanage, Joshua was a small, shy kid. He recalls older and bigger boys on the street, and sometimes, even other boys in the orphanage, used to pick on him, though not so much, since he was still young. He was adopted at age six, by a relatively young couple that was unable to have kids. His adoptive father had a big interest in sports, and taught Josh to swim as soon as he was adopted. He enjoys the activity to this day.

On elementary school, Josh was still picked on by the older and bigger boys. He said that to his father, but didn't want him to take action for him. Instead, Joshua asked only to go to boxing school, even at a young age. His father understood and consented. After a while, Josh could fight back the bullies, and he did. As he grew older and taller, in fact, he had multiple opportunities to bully the ones who bullied him before - but he didn't. Instead, Josh focused on helping the bullied, not only physically, but also giving them moral support, telling them to never give up. Around his second year of high-school, the boy got spotted by a talent spotter, and started professional boxing career.

20 years after he was abandoned, Joshua was already a pro-level boxer, competing in national leagues. To his surprise, however, he received the reunion letter, reminding him of the orphanage where he spent two years of his life, where it all began to him. After giving it some thought, he took the first plane to his home town, taking a cab to the orphanage. He doesn't know what to expect...

Color of your letter: Red

Theme Song: Tomoyasu Hotei - Battle Without Honour or Humanity

Relationships: None so far

Crush/Romantic Relationships: None at the moment; is willing to try one if he falls for someone, or someone for him.

RP Sample: Following a slight breeze, the sun went into the room through an open window, casting away the darkness. Looking at the light with eyes half-open, a boy struggled to open his eyes enough to get up. Yawning softly, he decided to give up and went back to sleep. He closed his eyes once again, dozing off...

That's when he heard a noise. Opening his eyes quickly, the boy remained perfectly still, save for his breathing. He wanted whoever just came into his room to think he was still sleeping, and since the door was facing his back, he didn't bother to open his eyes. The child thought the person would be fooled...he was wrong. The adult approached with haste, grabbing the boy's shoulder. Shaking it slightly, the adult began to speak. "C'mon, son. It's time to get up, or you'll be late". The child then turned around. No use pretending any longer, he thought. The father then handed the son a cup of warm chocolate milk, and left the room. The boy simply sighed and prepared for another day, wishing he could go back to sleep.

Other:

I...hope it's good? :c

Image Thou art I...

Kurow's death - Okamiden

Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:08 pm

Any Nicknames?: I'm just Rora.
Anything about yourself?: Not much to say, really. I'm 24 and I've been RPing off and on (mostly off) since I was probably about... 13? I love video games (JRPGs specifically) and get really involved with the storyline/characters. I dabble in drawing, but I don't consider myself very good at it. Basically, I'm really really white and nerdy (Weird Al aw yeah!).
Schedule?: I'm free pretty much all day every day, though the hours can be pretty inconsistent depending on when I sleep. I do sometimes get sucked into video games for a large part of any given day on an unpredictable schedule, but that shouldn't interfere with my posting (if I need to post, I'll post; I can shut off the game :9). I also suffer from some pretty serious depression, which obviously makes it impossible to write when it hits. If I get hit by a bad spell of it, I'll let you guys know. I can't predict how long it'll last, unfortunately.
Contact?: PM me for my AIM/Skype contact info. I also have YIM, but don't like using it that much.
RP sample: Too long to post, have a link.

This seems like it could be pretty interesting! I'm guessing there's something secret/special about the library, maybe?
I'll have to decide which character to add... hmm, maybe I'll give Tiss a spin...

Oh, quick question; I see the list of players is limited, but each person can have multiple characters if they want? I just want to make sure I'm understanding properly.

Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:33 pm

/dusts self off. this looks like a neat idea! mind if i set this up before posting a character?

Any Nicknames?: Mini
Anything about yourself?: I've been rping for a long while now and really enjoy writing. I also enjoy doodling and getting really caught up/involved in all sorts of tv shows. I spend a lot of time on tumblr.
Schedule?: Usually I work in the evenings and sometimes on weekends. I try to get on at least for a little bit each day though - mostly later nights and mornings.
Contact?: you can PM me for things like skype and aim. tumblr link is in my signature :3c
RP sample: here

now i just need to figure out who to drag in to this /scratches chin

Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:32 pm

Woo! More people!

I'll link to everyone and add you to the list soon!

@Kura: Ah, don't worry- I'd say your character is great! Everyone has really nice themesongs so far- I need to pick one out for Delora sometime. :>

@Rora: Welcome to the RP! And yes, there could be- that'll be for us to discuss about what exactly it might be, though. After all, there must be a reason why the library was so nice compared to everything else...
And, yes, while there are limited spots for members, you can make as many characters as you like. You don't even have to keep them all active per say, and may use them as much as you feel you need to. My only request is that you interact with all characters that interact with yours.

@Mini: Welcome to the RP! And don't worry- I have plenty of pit-traps in case any characters try to escape. :awyeah:

We need only one more member! I'll set up plotting dates once everyone has at least one character, although there's nothing that says we can't start earlier- does anyone have any ideas they'd like to share?

~ = Open roleplay
*Picked Up Events

Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:07 am

I like how all of the characters so far like to read. The book club of the orphanage, ahoy; I guess that means they're the ones that would be most familiar with the library? Hm....

I'm also thinking of bringing in one of my newer OCs for a test run, so expect another profile within the next few days.

find me:

ImageImage

Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:42 pm
Profile WWW

first profile is a go! taking a character i haven't used much out for a spin~

Name: sierra pearson

Species: Human (though she’s convinced the universe and all its power runs through her veins)

Sexuality: heterosexual

Occupation: student at university majoring in physical therapy and minoring in music

Talents/Abilities: skilled at playing the harp, cooking, very athletic and takes part in physical challenge-based activities a lot, skilled with her hands (esp. with massage and stretching out muscles to prevent injury), dancing (mostly free-style).

Items/Equipment: n/a

Items/Equipment Appearance(s): n/a

Appearance: sierra doesn’t stand all that tall, but her personality makes her seem like she stands at 8 feet tall instead of 5’2”. She’s physically fit and toned, with somewhat naturally tanned skin. She has bright, somewhat large brown eyes and dark straight brown hair that ends just past her shoulders with straight bangs across her forehead. Her hair is usually pulled in to either two low pigtails or one low side ponytail.

sierra tends to wear a lot of fitness-inspired clothes, and usually doesn’t wear a skirt or dress without a pair of shorts or leggings beneath it. she does enjoy things like rompers and loose, flowy, more feminine designs on occasion. she tends to wear more bright colors, sometimes pairing them with neutrals. occasionally enjoys floral printed things.

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Personality: Sierra’s got a big personality, incredibly excitable and cheerful about most things in life. She takes a lot of joy out of life in general, including lots of little things. Lots of things hype her up and she can get over-excited pretty easily - which can be good or bad, depending what got her over-excited in the first place. She’s a friendly girl, extroverted and enjoys making new friends. She is loyal to a point (she probably would not take a literal bullet for you, but she’ll have your back in most situations). One that note, she is very trusting of people which has gotten her in to some issues before, where she’s much more likely to defend someone than they are her yet she doesn’t seem to realize this and continues to trust people even if they inevitably betray her trust in one way or another.

She is patient to a point - mostly finding arguments and people bickering about things stupid and a waste of time. If she gets in an argument she tends to throw her hands up angrily and walk away quickly (unless she’s particularly passionate about the subject then it becomes a full-on debate). She can be somewhat conceited at times, not knowing when to keep her ego in check. She can be on the opinionated side and is not afraid to voice her opinions and make sure her friends agree with the ones she finds most important.

Bio: Sierra was incredibly young at the orphanage so she doesn’t have many distinct memories aside from the nice lady that held her and sung to her at night when she couldn’t sleep and the way the lights danced on the ceiling. She was adopted by a family who was kind and loving. They made it no secret that she was adopted, instead making it a celebration of the day they all became a complete family. This and her loving, supporting parents were something she was always thankful for and is to this day.

She took an interest in lots of sports when she was a kid - her father a soccer coach and an avid sports fan, and also a great interest in music. Most instruments interested her but it wasn’t until she found herself at her grandmother’s one year facing a large classic harp that she fell in love. Over the coming years, she received lessons on how to play it from her grandma as well as professional lessons the older and more skilled she became. Sierra also filled a lot of her free time with plenty of sports and other extracurriculars. She did well in school overall, though there were classes that didn’t interest her so her grades weren’t as stellar in those subjects.

Now studying physical therapy and music at a somewhat prestigious university on scholarships, she’s happy. Though when she got the reunion letter in the mail she was caught off-guard, especially hearing it was closed. It didn’t seem like that fun of an idea, but curiosity ended up getting the better of her so off she went, booking a flight and heading to the old orphanage.

Color of your letter: this neat purple

Theme Song: (tba, but she probably thinks it's boss ass b-tch by nicki minaj)

Relationships: N/A at the moment

Crush/Romantic Relationships: N/A at the moment

Other: she wants to grow up to be beyonce.

Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:21 pm

@WyndiWingfall: Hrrm, very particular indeed... And, all the characters so far have athletic abilities too. Clearly, Lex Luthor is gathering them in the Library to be book-club superheroes- I don't think many realize how viable a weapon extremely heavy reference books can be.

@minicat: Adding her! In all honesty, who doesn't want to be Beyonce?

~ = Open roleplay
*Picked Up Events

Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 197 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next