It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 2:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Kanto: Road to Mastery (journey freeplay) OOC 

Kanto Region

Welcome to the Kanto region! This RP will focus on five trainers who are starting their pokemon journey today!
They all have different goals, but they share their main goal of becoming a pokemon master!
There is no main plot, but you choose if you want to get badges or just travel and have fun!
Team Rocket is optional, and legendaries can be found and caught!

This roleplay will be anime/game based and will not use a rng. All things that happen are chosen by you!
Any plots that rise up are all created by the characters!

Encounters:
Spoiler: show
You may choose encounters whenever you want and you may encounter any pokemon that can be found in the area.
This rp is restricted to only kanto and johto pokemon that are native to certain areas.
Pokemon can also be caught in their anime locations.
Pikachu and Sandshrew cannot be found as wild pokemon.
This may seem restrictive, but it is only staying true to the anime and games.
When X and Y come out, everyone may choose ONE Kalos pokemon to receive as an egg.

Battling:
You control all of your encounter battles and trainer battles.
You will not be able to win every time, so if you don't let yourself lose every now and then, you will probably
be kicked out for power-playing.
You can use moves like "Counter Attack!" or "Attack it!" like in the anime if you are descriptive.

Rules/RP guidelines:
1. Generic Rp rules
2. You can not move ahead too far. If everyone is in Cerulean you can't be at Celadon.
3. Levels will not be used. Attacks are learned when you feel they are learned.
4. You may have 1 character, but you can also play as certain NPC's like gym leaders to help people earn badges.
5. Be creative and try to make sub-plots and side-quests.
6. If you are inactive you will be booted and someone else can have your spot.

Starters:
Nobody may have the same starter as someone else. The starter is a pretty even type Pentagon (besides squirtle and sandshrew), so Sandshrew was chosen instead of Eevee.
Pikachu and Sandshrew cannot be found in the wild.

ImageImageImageImageImage

You must fill out the S/U form and PM it to me:
Code:
[size=90]
[b]Character name:[/b]
[b]Sprite:[/b] Please have a sprite, it makes it more organized for me [img]image url here[/img]
[b]Age:[/b] (13-16)
[b]Personality:[/b] (Doesn't need to be long)
[b]Bag:[/b]
(Every pokemon needs a mini-profile under yours)
[b]Pokemon:[/b]
[b]Nickname:[/b] (you don't have to give a nickname)
[b]Personality:[/b] (self explanatory)
[b]Moves:[/b]

[/size]

Last edited by Clefairies on Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:39 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:29 pm

Accepted characters:

ImageImageImageImage

Last edited by Clefairies on Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:29 pm

Seth Woodrow
Personality:
Seth is a very excitable boy with big dreams to become a pokemon master.
He is a loyal friend and also values loyalty in a friend or pokemon.
Seth does not like people who rely only on one strategy, as he likes to constantly change strategies.
He can be very rash sometimes and inexcusably rude to strangers.
He is very awkward towards girls and can be a total douche showoff.

Party:
Image | Sandshrew | Sand Veil
Personality:
He is a very loyal pokemon who admires Seth as if her were the best trainer ever.
Sandshrew does not like when he isn't chosen to battle, and gets butthurt offended easily.
He is quite cunning in battle, and is able to adapt to his trainers battle style of changing constantly.
Moves: Scratch, Defense Curl, Sand Attack

Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:46 pm

Oooh Kanto now, not Orange Archipelago? Can I reserve a spot for my character, Verity, with Bulbasaur? I will fill it out this afternoon but I have school in a few.

Follow Me on Tumblr

Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:42 am

Yeah I just wanted a fun freeplay so I decided it would be easier to use a familiar region instead of the orange islands.

youtube
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:23 pm

Character name: Verity Lanellea Weathers
Sprite: Will get a sprite later...for now, enjoy this image:
Personality:
The only time she truly seems happy is when she is helping Pokemon breed or playing with her Pokemon (her two favorite things in the world).
She is very independent and does things in her own unique way.
She has few friends, mostly because of her reserved demeanor and pessimistic attitude, but when she does get friendly with someone, she will form a deep and trusting bond with them, ready to defend them for anything.
Verity sees herself as a defender of the weak, trying to go out and ready to help anyone who needs assistance, wishing that she herself could have gotten such help when she needed it most...
Bag:
???
Pokemon:
Vyra Image | Chlorophyll
Personality: Vyra is a sassy little chica but she is smart and strong and brave. She likes teamwork and keeps calm and collected in battle. Outside of battle she just likes to have fun and do a bit of training to keep in shape and to stay strong. Vyra loves her trainer a lot and is very loyal to her.
Moves: Tackle, Growl

Follow Me on Tumblr

Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Character name:Lucifer Olson
Sprite:

Personality: Lucifer is the loner type. He is quiet but intelligent. He enjoys read and studying, tough he will never admit it. He can come off rather rude to people when he first meets them but after he gets to know them he’s actually pretty nice. Lucifer tends to think things through before actually doing it. Being a pokemon master is is only dream
Bag: The essentials
Pokemon:
Nickname: Aidyn
Personality: Aidyn is a little arrogant Charmander. He believes that he is unstoppable and can win any battle, even with a water type. He loves to battle and hates it when he is not chosen to battle. In battles he tends to not listen to his trainer and does what he wants. He prefers to be kept outside of his pokemon. Aiden also enjoys pushing around his trainer some times.
Moves: Scratch, Growl, and Ember

Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:21 pm

So do you guys have any questions while we wait for the last two members?

Mainly I want really good quality posts, because I want this rp to be more of a collaborative story than a game.

youtube
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:24 pm

I think TheThunderer and I will have Verity and Lucifer travel together. At least for some of the time. I think that's what we decided, at least. I know that it would be really cool to RP with Abbie and even though I've invited her to RPs before and seen her RP, we've never had our characters travel together so that would be really neat. And I plan on having good quality, I promise~

I do have a question actually. Under the Encounters spoiler it sounds like you're saying that you will give us a list of Pokemon that can be found in the area that we're in and then we can just pick and choose our encounters? Is that correct? It sounds like a very neat concept but I was wondering if maybe you could post the first round of Pokemon (as in, around the Pallet Town/Route 1 area) and we could have a rough idea of how the system would work?

Follow Me on Tumblr

Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:09 pm

I don't have a list. you just have to know that route 1 is like rattata/pidgey/sentret/ledyba like in frlg and hgss, and then Speaow like in the anime.

youtube
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:37 pm

Oh. It sounded like you were going to post list. And I know we're only using Johto and Kanto Pokemon (which is fine) but wouldn't it make sense to have just a little bit more realism than just those five Pokemon? I mean, I know that's how the games and anime were but I thought you said we were going to differ from them a bit and besides, realistically, an area probably wouldn't be confined to only those five species. It would be so ecologically non-diverse that the whole ecosystem would go out of whack. I mean, I understand not finding Gyarados and Ponyta and Kanghaskan in the area and whatnot but it seems more likely that there would be more species than that. Like Teddiursa and the regional bug types and Bellsprout/Oddish/Pineco/Nidoran lines/Sunkern. I mean, weak makes sense, yes. But it seems like it should have more variety and I thought that it would based on what you had said...

Follow Me on Tumblr

Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:55 pm

Well the only reason I have set pokemon is because I want to stay true to the games/anime. I recently rewatched the indigo series anime and I loved it so much I wanted to rp in that setting/time period, and I don't want to make a list of findable pokemon but I also don't want to do random encounters. I just don't trust people to be fair when they can find and catch whatever they want.

youtube
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:02 pm

Well that's why I'm asking for a list. Oh well, games+anime list it is. Though I suppose we're excluding special sound appearances? It may be a long time before Verity catches anything though...

Follow Me on Tumblr

Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:08 pm

Pokemon like Jynx and Farfetch'd that can't be found in the wild can be found in an environment that suits them.

Why aren't you going to catch any pokemon?

youtube
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:41 pm

Oh just because all the early route Pokemon are...well let's just say that they wouldn't suit Verity very well..

Follow Me on Tumblr

Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:44 pm

You're telling me Verity wouldn't like Pidgeot, Butterfree, Beedrill, Raticate, Furret, Ledian, Ariados, Noctowl, Primeape, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, or Fearow?
I feel like there's at least something there that any trainer would like.

youtube
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:47 pm

Well...maybe. Possibly Furret or Ariados or Noctowl. Maybe a Nido...
Actually, Furret with Assist would be badass. What are your rules/limits regarding Egg Moves?

Follow Me on Tumblr

Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:54 pm

All moves can be learned whenever.
Just keep in mind since I want this anime style that not everything will happen quickly. I want the rp to be fast paced though, which isn't a problem since in the first season ash beat two gyms in the first 6 episodes.

youtube
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:55 pm

Maybe I'm the only one who has noticed but I found it rather interesting that the two starters left over are Pikachu and Squirtle....Ash and Gary's starters respectively. And since you said this was around the same time period, I just found it lolworthy to wonder if this could be like the unofficial, fanon account of the three other trainers besides Gary that started their journeys at the same time as Ash (and were ultimately way cooler and more epic). Haha. The interesting yet insane thought process of Miles...

Follow Me on Tumblr

Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:10 pm

Sera Horrowitz
Personality: At first look, she looks like a very stern and serious woman, but once you get to know her, she is actually very kind and friendly. A huge fan of Lorelei, she lived in Pallet Town. She is sometimes clumsy and tends to daydream. She is very loyal to everyone around her though.
Bag:

Pokemon:
Triton
Personality: Ever since he met Sera, she has always been a rebel: not wanting to go out of his pokeball, shooting water at his trainer's face. Yet, he is actually a very kind pokemon, always putting others before him and never letting his trainer and fellow pokemon get hurt.
Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip, Bubble

I have been accepted

Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next