It is currently Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 640 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
white skies : island escape [ooc/recruiting] 

minicat wrote:
(though why any of the chosen ones would want to spend time with zach is beyond me).

how we are breaking the curse hasn't totally been revealed yet, but i'm thinking it's along the lines of killing the Big Bad and whoever was used to enact the curse (zach) most likely.

also @everyone what do you think our first puzzle/quest should be? i'd like to hear some ideas. [/size]

god nathaniel where are you when we need you

For some reason, a maze comes to mind? Maybe I just want everyone to get terrifyingly lost. In the dark. Yeah....

find me:
tumblr | aywas | steam: stormhover

ImageImage

Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:25 pm
Profile WWW

I don't really have any idea about puzzles, to be honest. I was thinking of something that split the group up further, but what that would be, I don't know.

Also, I'll start Aster in the RP soon, because I just realised that it'd be kind of bad for him to wake up with nobody around.

My 3DS FC is 0044-4243-1137. Send a PM if you add me!

Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:58 pm

oooh a maze could be neat. also could be a good way to separate people possibly? ie do what jooce said and split the group up further.

but yeah go ahead and start aster soon. you can always have him just like come right on in wherever people are in the rp (most likely will still be processing info dump).

Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:47 pm

Something tells me that most of the players are a lot more accepting than Aster thinks

Ok so Cecilia is going to guide them directly to the Big Bad with puzzles and quests on the way? There's nothing they need to get or do before going there?

Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:59 am

@pandora what do you mean? do you mean on the beach currently?
i'm not saying there's nothing else to do or that there's not things to get before getting to the Big Bad. i'm sure there will be snags and challenges besides the puzzles.
just that we haven't reached that far in to the roleplay and don't want to reveal every little detail yet. besides, i doubt cecilia and other islanders know the big bad's exact location, so it'll be a discovery for them as well. they're just going on the whole 'get these people to the places they need to/get them to the kingdom safely'.

Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:07 pm

PandorasOrchid wrote:
Something tells me that most of the players are a lot more accepting than Aster thinks

This.

I mean, Al has seen his male cousin in female underthings before, so no matter how Aster tries to explain things....

find me:

ImageImage

Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:44 pm
Profile WWW

I don't know where Cecilia is supposed to take them or what they're supposed to do next

Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:48 pm

@pandora: she is going to be leading them towards the abandoned kingdom/ruins.
they first have to get off the beach so they're headed in to the forest.
they will run in to snags and puzzles along the way, as i've been saying.
and considering it's not just them on the island/the island is fairly populated they'll come across towns in the future, too.

Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:31 pm

minicat wrote:
to those who haven't posted in over three weeks in the roleplay thread with other people waiting on you (victiny, thethunderer, mdf), you have one week to make a good post in the roleplay thread or else you're out. if you don't make the time limit and want to re-join, you will have to go through the application process again for any and all characters that are a part of this roleplay.

Uhmmmm...I don't think anyone is waiting on me actually? I read back to be sure, but basically, Perry woke up and asked what was going on, and it was explained to him and others crowded around him and started introducing themselves. And Perry already introduced himself, so it seemed like the rest was just small talk. Given that we currently have a group of four, all of us could carry on a conversation without one person needing to speak every other second? I was merely waiting for this major event stuff to begin and for Cecilia and Zach to lead the group away from the beach (apparently we're going to a maze, which sounds super duper cool and might have some awesome possibilities for Perry to show his Beast Tamer skills if monsters exist in this maze~!!~)

Follow Me on Tumblr

Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:50 pm

@mdf: oh, that's fine, then! thanks for explaining, i did a quick comb-through and wasn't sure if who said they were waiting one someone were waiting for the three i mentioned.
plus, just having you post in the ooc is good affirmation enough that you're around and willing to stay active. C:
but yes, looks like it will be a maze! it'll be their first obstacle once they head in to the woods. he could show off some super neat beast tamer skills!

also, pandora, if you need me to post for zacharie to help you figure out what to post for cecilia in order to get the group of people going, i'll be glad to.

Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:48 pm

Ok, it looks like everyone that had asked a question ended up getting an answer from someone else and Cecilia's going to lead them into the forest towards the ruins. That's all I need to know to make Cecilia's next post right?

I was gonna wait for Aria to get her writing pad from Victh or for Debbie to do her changing thing, but it looks like most everyone is ready to move on

Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:10 pm

awww yeah tutorial dungeon time~
I'm just glad it's not a sewer, seriously that's like the most overused tutorial dungeon setting sobs

I'm working on a post for Victh now, I'm not entirely sure what I'll do with Selir but I'll figure something out I guess :1

Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:12 am

I thought he was going to join Al's group? Although that does seem to be the biggest group right now, so I'd understand if you'd want to balance things out a bit by sending Selir elsewhere.

find me:

ImageImage

Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:05 pm
Profile WWW

Yeah, that's the problem, the group's so big already.
Although I thought we were kind of in a mass-group-with-sub-groups thing anyway, so I don't even know.

OKAY SO, Rye has unexpectedly lost access to Vdex temporarily and asked me to post this for her:

Rye wrote:
"Maze sounds pretty neat. What if for some reason you could not go through the maze in more than pairs? Like everyone walks in together but suddenly you are randomly paired up with someone else who may or may not be a part of the group you chose originally? You know, to get people to mix it up or learn about other people? And also to see how the people who are sticking with people they know irl handle being away from them should it randomly pair them up with someone else.

And what about little trials later on that could be specifically made to target a person's weakness so they are forced to over come it to move on? Nothing super dangerous right off the bat though I think. We could each give a small list of our characters fears and weaknesses and then one gets chosen for the trial? In like all the stories of heroes its always like a big thing for the people testing the heroes to make sure they can conquer their own fears in order to be able to be a hero. To see if they really have what it takes."

I personally love her idea of randomly(or "randomly" hint hint)-assigned-pairs for the maze.

Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:17 am

Both of those ideas seem pretty good, though I think that the random teams thing would be pretty sweet.

My 3DS FC is 0044-4243-1137. Send a PM if you add me!

Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:01 am

Those sound like good ideas!

Fears as weaknesses can be kind of...ehhh depending on the character, though. I'm thinking specifically of one of my own here (Al); he has an actual phobia, which is more than just a simple fear, and you don't exactly "overcome" phobias in a moment of courage/heroism....I'm guessing other characters might have this same problem?

find me:

ImageImage

Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:43 am
Profile WWW

@pandora: sounds like it? just post what you think you need to.

@rye: I hope you get access back to vdex soon!
also, those look like neat ideas for the maze c: though wyndi does have a point with fears vs. phobias. but i do like that idea of trials trying to overcome a certain weakness later on.
i'm definitely all for the "random" pairings going through the maze! it'd be neat to see how they all react to it.

Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:29 pm

I just realized that writing descriptively about phobias could be skirting dangerous territory as well since it counts as triggering content. Good thing that stuff is coming on later on so I have time to think of other substitutes for Al?

find me:

ImageImage

Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:42 pm
Profile WWW

Prof. Oak wrote:
≪≪W A I T. . .

~Rye says~
══════════

I finally have access back for a least a week. I am so sorry they keep moving me from ship to ship. I'll be able to check the RP thread later but I only have a few minutes right now so I wanted to at least let it known that I live.

Thank you SO MUCH RORA <3 I still really super duper appreciate you posting that for me. And yeha I know weaknesses and phobias are different, I meant small things not really super phobias cause that would be a bit hard to play and like Wyndi said, the whole triggering thing could be a bit difficult to do safely.

I missed you all D: I'll post more later I promises.

Email me @ Ryealetree@gmail.com || Spoopy Genkarp by Pox <3
Image || Image

Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:37 am
Profile WWW

@rye: good to have you back!
yeah, sticking to weaknesses is probably better, especially for so early in their journey.

also, for more serious stuff: looks like victiny and thethunderer are out. it's been a week since i asked for a post from them after not posting for over three weeks in the roleplay without letting me know anything about absence or not with people waiting on their responses. sorry guys, but if you want to re-join and take part again in this roleplay you will have to re-apply.

Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 640 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next