It is currently Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 1086 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 55  Next
Heresy: Legend of the Legendaries 

Re-Introduction

*Fades in from the shadows*

Ehem, Welcome everyone to Heresy: Legend of the Legendaries. It has been quite a while since you last saw me roaming the forums for those of you who knew me in the past. I ran the ever popular Kanto: The Journey Begins thread that still, to this day has collectively over 7,500 posts under its belt. Although the thread is long dead even after the several attempted revivals, I've decided to finally move on. To most who knew me, I was going through some tough times but now I'm back and better than ever hoping to create a brand new world for my eager freinds and new players of course. So sit back, relax and enjoy the ride. Trust me, you'll need to wear your seatbelts.

"Remember why I chose Shedinja" -JJX8672

Storyline

It has been 40 years after the attempted hostile takeover of Team Plasma over the Unova Region. Crime syndicates have come and gone, Champions have reigned and lost... but one thing remains the same. A watchful eye from the cosmos open despite sleeping for countless millenia has ushered in a new era. No more will the wars of man plague the earth, no more will innocent's lives be lost. Revered or not, judgement is coming for our kind. Nothing can escape, nothing can hide, and most of all, nothing can stand against its might. But the prophecy, long forgotten, tells of a way to defeat our so called destiny. Will man be able to thwart this force or will its hatred of us prove too great that not even our Pokemon can save us? Who will we be then?

Ready your self, pick a side and start your journey young trainer. You have been raised in, traveled or been sent to Littleroot Town unbeknowest that your true destiny lies in the hands of a stranger. Go forth and recieve your freind. Professor Birch is waiting.

Rules

There will only be a few rules in the beginning but as time developes this thread, more rules will be set into place. Keep checking back here for updates.

1. If you need to post something OCC, then simply place it at the end of your post italisized and in the small font so that it does not bother the other players. In time, an OCC thread will be set up for players.
2. No Legendaries will be allowed on this thread unless I have you encounter them. You can't even see "a glimmar of rainbow feathers in the sunlight." or you will be removed from the thread. This RP is based on Legendaries and they are to remain untainted.
3. No trolling, flaming, rude OCC behavior, racism, sexism, homophobic comments, or any other derogitory behavior will be tolarated. Many of my freinds are of various national origions, ethnic backgrounds, sexes and/or orientations so I would like respect between my players.
4. Stay Active! It’s a very important part of an RPG. If you are going to be unable to post for a while, PM me, so I know why you aren’t posting and won’t kick you out. I will simply place a post for your character that puts him/her in stasis.
5. No Godmodding. I was guilty of this my first RP as Dracoon (longtime freind) pointed out a while back. Pokemon are indeed powerful creatures but your Garchomp will not be 1HKO-ing everyone. Battle's winners will be decided amongst yourselves. Be fair and competent or I will intervene or worse. This also goes for out of battle scenes. Your Salamence cannot level an entire city on its own. Be consistant and realistic to a degree. Although it is fantasy, Pokemon still has rules.
6. Occassionally you may need a new item. In which case there is no item finder in this RP. Instead, end your post with either you, or your Pokemon finding something shiny in the ground, grass, water, etc. I will then reply to your post as to what you found using a sequensor. Items found are completely randomized.
7. If you happen to run into another participating rper, stick to events that you both witness meaning Johnny saw a ratatta while hanging out with Kevin who for some reason saw a slowpoke.
8. Everyone note I will be strict on shiny posts. If I think the post isn't good enough then the pokemon will break out and flee, this cannot be over ruled by an RPer. If the post is nearly good enough, I might give you a second bite at the shiny, but if the second post is short then once again it will flee. Obviously the 'stronger' or 'rarer' a pokemon is the harder the shiny will be to catch. i.e. a shiny Rattata is difficult to catch, but a shiny scyther will be damn near impossible. Also it will be an absolute maximum of 1 shiny per Rper, this is not negotiable.
9. After a while, I may designate people to help me run the rp if it becomes unmanageable like Kanto did. In which case, these selected people may create (with my permission) new NPCs and such. For now, all NPC encounters will be governed and responded to by me.
10. Pokemon do not evolve until I give you permission to evolve it. This RP is going to be similar to my Kanto RP in which Level is not a determinate factor in evolution. Neither will happiness. Stones and other things may be used accordingly. Evolution through trading is currently undecided.
11. A Pokemon's movepool only grows. This means at level 100 it will have access to all the moves it can ever learn so long as you trained it to do so. If you wish to train a Pokemon a new move, ask me which moves it is able to learn through PM and then train it using 5 separate posts.
12. No super short posts. All posts must at least be a paragraph, more or less unless special cases demand otherwise.
13. Trading is allowed! This can occur at any time inside of a Pokemon Center. Both trainers will have to agree via PM, and post it happening in the RP.
14. Romances are allowed and actually encouraged, so get to lovin peoples!!!
15. If you wish to encounter a Pokemon for potential capture, at the end of your post in small fonted bold in parenthesis, please post (encounter please) and you will be allotted 3 encounters per real day.
16. Lastly, the world is huge. No I mean really huge. I don't want to see players go from Littleroot to Odale in 3 posts. The routes will be given realistic distances and may take days to reach another destination. Just relax and set down camp.

Charactor Application

If you wish to participate in the RP, please fill this out and read the Gameplay Tab below. For now, please PM me your Applications so that we may keep the RP as clean as possible of OCC posts. We will have a strict limit of up to 15 players.

Name: Your characters name
Appearance: Describe what your character looks like (images are optional)
Personality: Describe your characters personality
Affiliation: What is your charactor's job affiliation. (This may include any of the following: Any Villainous Team Member [Team Rocket Operatives are now known as Neo Rocket Operatives], Trainer, Coordinator, Contestant (attends beauty contests), Breeder, Explorer, any Former Team Villianous Team Operative. You may create a new team but please in depthly describe its motives, leader and such to me before posting as such).
History: A brief history of your character (include why they are in Littleroot be it they grew up there, just moved, was sent there for thier first Pokemon, whatever)
Starter Choice: Will be randomized. You can request another pokemon (up to 3) which will be tossed into the pile of basic pokemon to increase your chances of getting it. I will inform you what to do next
RP EXAMPLE: Just provide a small example of an RP you participated in so that i can see how you write. Or you can make one up on the spot so long as it has nothing to do with this RP.

Gameplay

The gameplay will start once I accept you. After that is done, you must provide an introductory post of your charactor on thier way to the Pokemon Lab of Littleroot Town to recieve your first Pokemon for whatever reason. Once you get there, I will post in response about a machine that chooses your starter for you based on your "personality" which of course in reality is randomly chosen. All pokemon recieved will be in thier most basic form. Legendaries are not included on this list. Catching a pokemon is not up to you so do not say you captured one. Instead, end the post with "and such and such threw a pokeball" or something similar and I will reply based on a capture formula whether or not you caught the pokemon. Keep your posts quality. The higher quality posts, the better Pokemon you will recieve.

!!!LET YOUR JOURNEY BEGIN!!!

ImageImageImage

Last edited by jjx8672 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:34 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:05 am

The stomping of quick feet could be heard in the distance. It was Manta, making his way to Littleroot town. He was atop a friend's doduo who he was loaned for the trip. With the Autumn wind pressing on his face, he was glad that he had brought his hoodie. After just a bit more travelling, Manta finally entered the town, immediately noticing the large lab amongst the considerably smaller houses shadowed by it. There was a chill in the air as well. Manta got off of the doduo, giving it the last of the treats that he was given to feed them before letting it go back to its trainer. One of the heads of doduo turned around for one last glimpse of its former rider before facing forward again and regulating the balance.

Manta began walking forward, watching the many bird pokemon above flying off. He wished he could fly too. Manta sighed thinking of what could never be. Before long, he had arrived at the lab. He put his hand on the door. It was much colder than the blowing wind. putting one hand in his hoodie pocket, Manta opened the door.

Last edited by mizumanta on Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:26 am
Profile WWW

Manta: The door opened before the youngster could twist the handle. Professor Birch was already on his way out with his assistants close behind. Head in his notes, he didn't notice the trainer in front of him. The two collided and with a flurry of papers, both people were on the floor. The Professor bounced right back up immediately apologizing for knocking Manta down. He froze, glanced at his watch and stared right back at the trainer extending a hand.

"Oh, is it that time already? Come in, come in." He grabbed the young trainer's arm and dragged him inside placing his notes down and taking off his coat. A sturdy man in his late thirties, Birch's eyes were sagging with exhaustion and his face unshaven. He opened a few drawers noisily before coming back to the trainer. All the while, his assistants said nothing, their cold, calculating eyes judging Manta. Birch handed a strange device to the trainer.

"That is a Pokedex, the latest model. It'll help you on your journey. Please, step this way." Barely giving time for Manta to breath, he ushered him towards a large, imposing machine. It buzzed and beeped as he approached, lighting up a slot machine-like array of monitors. The Professor noticed the boy's apprehension.

"Don't worry. Most people find the S3 (Starter Selection System) a little intimidating. Just place your hand over the scanner and the computer pulls up personality related files from your past. It's the easiest way to partner you with the perfect starter. Once it starts, you'll have 3 choices." An assistant stepped in.

"Ehem, he means you get to choose one of them. All of them will be basic form Pokemon." Birch cast an annoyed look but nodded in agreement.

(Your choices are Castform, Aipom or Frillish)

ImageImageImage

Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:00 pm

Manta lost his breath out of surprise when the door swung open and thte professor jumped out. The impact itself was barely as there were so many other other things going on. Him falling and the papers everywhere made his mind fuzzy for a few seconds. Just figuring out what was going on took a lot of concentration. Manta opened his eyes to see an extended hand. Without really thinking about it, Manta took his hand.

Being led by the man inside, Manta could get a good look at him. He seemed kind of young to be a professor. The Man was rather large and scruffy looking. He looked as though he could have recently been travelling or hiking. The only part of him that hinted towards an older age was the exhaustion in his eyes. Inside there were plenty of assistants, but the building itself seemed quiet. The people inside just stared at him. It made him feel as though he needed to prove himself to them, though he didn't know any of them. "That is a Pokedex, the latest model. It'll help you on your journey. Please, step this way." Manta's attention was brought back up to the proffessor. He grabbed the device, not even having time to thank him before he was brought to another machine. It buzzed and beeped. It really looked like something that he shouldn't have been touching, almost as if a single touch would break it.

"Don't worry. Most people find the S3 (Starter Selection System) a little intimidating. Just place your hand over the scanner and the computer pulls up personality related files from your past. It's the easiest way to partner you with the perfect starter. Once it starts, you'll have 3 choices." The professor explained. He was a little hesitant to touch the machine. MAnta took a few steps forward before holding his hand over the machine, eventually bringing it down to rest on the machine.

Last edited by mizumanta on Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:54 pm
Profile WWW

Manta - The computer's trio of monitors whirred fanatically as sillouetts of unknown pokemon cascaded downwards. After a few segments, signified with a light beep, 3 of them were chosen. The computer whirred once again this time speaking.

"Trainer Confirmed! Starter Choices:"

"Castform, The Weather Pokemon. This strange Pokemon is subject to mystery. It is able to transform its molecular structure when exposed to different types of weather."

"Aipom, The Long Tail Pokemon. Incredibly agile, it uses its tail as a dominant "hand" and can swing swiftly from tree to tree covering large distances in short spans of time."

"Frillish [female], The Floating Pokemon. Malicious by nature, its appearance can be decieving. Sailors tell stories of Frillish capturing men and dragging them down to the crushing depths never to be seen again."

Professor Birch shifted with excitement waiting for the trainer to choose.

ImageImageImage

Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:09 pm

A slight breeze blew through Littleroot, and it soon picked up to a rather strong gust of wind. Seemingly floating among the leaves and petals in the wind was a girl. She was grey-eyed and dull looking when it came to her face, but her clothes and her hair decorated with a flower made her look like the regular run-of-the-mill aroma lady. She soon got lost in the smell of delicious flowers and before she knew it she was in front of an enormous laboratory. Home of the world-famous Professor Birch!
"Helloo?" She asked, poking her head in the door. Her voice was very soft and quiet, but the lab made sure to carry it along in a series of echoes. Without a reply, she stepped in and brushed her hair with her fingers, trying to remove twigs and other debris. It sure was wonderful that such a quiet town could hold a building of this caliber and still be deemed beautiful in her eyes.

youtube
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:43 pm

Jackson jumped up and down excitedly, shifting his weight between his legs nervously. The pink haired teenager was both nervous and excited because today was the day he had been waiting for, it had come at last; today was the day that Jackson Gray would be receiving his very first Pokemon! The boy whipped a comb out of his pocket and played with his cotton-candy pink hair, trying to get it to look perfect. He also grabbed a small pocket mirror and vainly checked his complexion. Then he put the comb and mirror into his backpack and started nervously pulling at his shirt and pants, making sure they weren't wrinkled. Jackson took great pride in his appearance and wanted to make sure he looked perfect today especially. He frowned, maybe he should have dyed his hair a different color? Maybe yellow would have been better! He fretted, trying (but failing) to contain himself.

Jackson Alexander Gray was currently on a plane. It was a rather large plane with many passengers. Everyone seemed excited to be going to the Hoenn region today, but none could compare with Jackson's enthusiasm. The plane was about to land, and though everyone else seemed to be flying into Littleroot Today to visit relatives and vacation, Jackson seemed to be the only one with a real, determined purpose. Jackson was about to receive his starter Pokemon from Professor Birch.

It had always been a dream of his to get his Pokemon in the Hoenn region and begin his journey there. The Hoenn region was where Jackson had grown up with his mother and father. After the divorce though, they had been forced to move to Goldenrod City in Johto. It wasn't that he hated Johto or even Goldenrod, in fact he loved the big city, but he had always wanted to return to his birthplace to start his journey. He wanted to try and follow as closely as he could in his grandmother's footsteps.

Yanira "Yani" Gray was Jackson's grandmother, and his hero. She had grown up in her hometown of Verdanturf Town, 64 years ago, as the youngest sibling in a five member family. She despised being the baby of the family and, being an ambitious and head-strong young girl, set out on her own Pokemon journey at the age of 8, two years earlier than she was allowed to. Because she had started to early, she never received a real starter, but she never cared. She kept her head down for the first two years of her journey, since she was technically breaking the law by training, but on her tenth birthday, she entered a Pokemon Contest in Rustboro City, where she immediately claimed victory and rose to the public eye. Yani continued to win, again and again. She was the victor of nine Ribbon Cups (two from Hoenn, one from Kanto, three from Johto, one in Sinnoh, and two in Unova) until she finally retired from being a Coordinator. To this day, she still holds the record for the most Ribbon Cups won by anyone, ever.

Jackson hoped to one day be just like his grandmother. He loved Contests and aspired to be a great Coordinator like Madam Gray was. She was his idol, and he felt that Coordinating was in his blood. It was something he was destined for.

Jackson looked up and realized that thinking about his grandmother had passed the time well. The plane was just beginning to land.

---

Almost an hour later, Jackson was just approaching Professor Birch's laboratory. It was obvious which building was the lab; Littleroot Town was a rather small town with only one real, large building. In fact, Jackson was rather surprised they had an airport at all. The building was tall and sleek and made of a shiny metal that gleamed in the sunlight. The boy quickly checked himself in his pocket mirror and smiled wide. He strode forward and opened the doors of the lab. "Professor Birch?" he called out, wondering where the professor could be. Jackson checked a large digital clock on the wall, with big, bold numbers, illuminated by a bluish backlight; he was running a little early...

Follow Me on Tumblr

Last edited by mdf2711 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:53 pm

Clefairies and MDF - The duo were instead greeted by one of the Professor's many assitants. The lab-coated gentlement quietly ushered them inside, gently closing the door behind them. Without a word, he pointed to a section of the lab that seemed to be a waiting room of sorts complete with a television airing battles from past Pokemon Leagues. Birch was in the other corner of the room giving a congratulatory handshake to another trainer. After a few moments, he caught sight of the other trainers and waived a finger that meant wait a moment. He dissappeared for a few seconds before returning to them with two Pokedex's in hand.

"I believe this one suits you." It was a green Pokedex with the outline of a Roselia on the back of it. Birch handed that one to Fauna while extending the other, Orange one towards Jackson. He noticed the pink hair and gave it a ruffle before continuing.

"If you would please follow me." He led them to where he and the other boy were and motioned towards a large imposing computer system. "This is the S3 (Starter Selection System). Trust me, it's easier to use than it looks. Hold on though." He felt around the machine and pressed a small button on its backside. The computer screen split from 3 displays to six and an extra hand-scanner folded out parallel to the other.

"Now then, place your hands on the pads and we can begin."

(Clefairies: Your choices are Lotad, Gothita or Porygon)

(Mdf: Your choices are Cryogonal, Aron or Seel)

ImageImageImage

Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:10 am

Linda cycled hastily, slicing through the tall grass as her bicycle hopped over a ledge. She skidded to a halt in front of the lab, seeing that she was late. "I can't believe I forgot to set my clock...again!" she grumbled, even though it was partially her fault for staying up to get that parcel she wanted. Those Capsules to store her pet Poliwags in were just too adorable to resist. As she pushed the door in, her sleeve revealed a bit of her metallic arm. The teenage girl did not notice, entering to see that 2 were there. "Jackson!" she shouted, waving to the familiar grey-haired boy whom she remembered was often around his grandmother- a world-famous Coordinator. The other girl...she couldn't quite put a claw or a finger to who she was. "Prof. Birch! I'm here to get my first Pokemon!" Seeing that she was way older than the rest, she let out a self-conscious cough.

"It's a long story."

*STRETCHES OUT POLIWAG LEG FOR MILES*

"I don't know what you're talking about."

Sporadically active. If I post, it means I was asked to see something.

Sometimes, I sell natured Pokémon. Black market's good this time of year.

Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:16 am

Fauna was surprised to be greeted with open arms. She didn't have to call first or get an appointment. She nodded and followed the assistant until she was lead to a place where she could sit. She decided to sit on the edge of a coffee table and flip through a magazine until the Professor greeted them. He brought her an object that was a beautiful shade of green. A Pokedex! The Roselia on the back of it reminded her of home.
"Thank you sir." She almost whispered, a bit of a southern accent slipped through.
She followed him to a large, whirring machine and was instructed to place her hand on it. At first she was afraid it would prick her finger or sting her, but she gained enough confidence to touch it after seeing that the previous boy seemed to be okay. She put her petite hand on the scanner rather daintily. The scanner couldn't even sense her hand it was so light, so she had to press slightly.

youtube
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:28 am

There was another trainer getting his Pokemon there, so Jackson waited with the other girl, but they didn't speak. Jackson was usually an extroverted person, but he was so nervous that he couldn't speak. He tried, but no words came out, instead they just sat in awkward silence. It was eerily quiet, except for the sound of a magazine's pages flipping - the girl had decided to indulge herself in a magazine to occupy her time. Jackson wished he'd had as much forethought.

The other trainer finished up and Professor Birch beckoned the girl and himself over. Then he disappeared for a moment and came back, handing them Pokedexes. Hers was a green one with a an outline of a small Pokemon on the back. Jackson couldn't be sure, because it was just an outline and he was no expert on all the species of Pokemon, but he thought it looked like a Roselia or a very skinny Bellossom.

Then the Professor handed Jackson his very own Pokedex. It was so exciting! The gentleman said he thought it seemed to suit Jackson and the boy smiled happily. He examined it quickly, it was shiny and new and bright orange. Jackson though orange was a very fun color. Jackson tried to remember his color theory class from way back when. Orange was commonly associated with amusement, the unconventional, extroverts, fire, activity, danger, taste and aroma (and some other stuff he can't remember). Jackson thought this was very accurate and described him pretty well.

The Professor ruffled his pink hair and Jackson blushed a bright pink tinge. "If you would please follow me." He led them to where he and the other boy were and motioned towards a large imposing computer system. "This is the S3 (Starter Selection System). Trust me, it's easier to use than it looks. Hold on though." He felt around the machine and pressed a small button on its backside. The computer screen split from 3 displays to six and an extra hand-scanner folded out parallel to the other.

"Now then, place your hands on the pads and we can begin."

Jackson took a deep breath and placed his hand on the intimidatingly gigantic computer scanner. He closed his eyes and waited for the machine to present him with his starter choices.

Follow Me on Tumblr

Last edited by mdf2711 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:20 am

The machine seemed to quickly scan Manta’s hand. The bright light shined through the bottom and peeked out through his fingers. It was not long before the screen lit up and revealed three images,beeping in unison The first was a round grey pokemon with no visible limbs. It had large eyes and a calm smile. "Castform, The Weather Pokemon." The machine began to speak. "This strange Pokemon is subject to mystery. It is able to transform its molecular structure when exposed to different types of weather." Manta had no idea what to make of it. He had never heard of a pokemon that changed its form specifically to match the weather.

The second was a purple pokemon with a marge head and a large tail. The end of the tail seemed to have what looked like a glove on it. It had large eyes as well and a very large smile. "Aipom, The Long Tail Pokemon. Incredibly agile, it uses its tail as a dominant "hand" and can swing swiftly from tree to tree covering large distances in short spans of time." Manta thought a bit about the agility that he would need in a pokemon. He smiled at this choice, giving it his approval.

The final pokemon was an eerie pokemon. It had deep eyes and seemed to be floating. It was an odd translucent pink. "Frillish [female], The Floating Pokemon. Malicious by nature, its appearance can be decieving. Sailors tell stories of Frillish capturing men and dragging them down to the crushing depths never to be seen again." Manta backed up a bit. That feeling he had was before was confirmed. This could be a really scary pokemon. Manta had little real world knowledge of these pokemon. He had read about them in books and seen them on television, but could not make a decision as easily as he could from his home when fantisizing about this kind of choice.

These are all wonderful choices," He began. "But i would prefer the one in the middle, Aipom." Manta pointed at the purple primate picture that seemed to smile back at him in joy.

Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:46 am
Profile WWW

Clefairies - The computer's trio of monitors whirred fanatically as sillouetts of unknown pokemon cascaded downwards. After a few segments, signified with a light beep, 3 of them were chosen. The computer whirred once again this time speaking.

Lotad, The Water Weed Pokemon. It is able to float in the middle of ponds and lakes, making food for itself through photosynthesis. As a result, some never even need to venture near the shore.

Gothita, The Fixation Pokemon. They intently observe both trainers and Pokémon. Apparently, they are looking at something that only Gothita can see. They are always staring at something.

Porygon, The Virtual Pokemon. It is a manmade Pokémon. Since it doesn't breathe, people are eager to try it in any environment. Its body consists of fully solidified code.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mdf - The computer's trio of monitors whirred fanatically as sillouetts of unknown pokemon cascaded downwards. After a few segments, signified with a light beep, 3 of them were chosen. The computer whirred once again this time speaking.

Cryogonal, The Crystal Pokemon. When its body temperature rises, it turns into steam and vanishes until another cold spell ensues. It captures prey with chains of ice crystals.

Aron, The Iron Armor Pokemon. It is capable of eating through solid steel and often does so to replenish its metallic armor.

Seel, The Sea Lion Pokemon. As the temperature drops, it feels better and better. They flourish in colder climates living on ice flows.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dracoon - The Professor smiled but quietly held up a finger to arrange a silence. The other two were choosing. After the scanner finalized thier choices, it was her turn. The fold out scanner buzzed as it retracted malfuntioning for a moment. Birch caught sight of the mechanical arm of hers which most likely caused the interferance but thought nothing of it.

"There you go my dear." He said kindly. "It's your turn now."

Mizu - As soon as he said Aipom, a small clunk was heard. A Pokeball had made its way out of a metal shute and into a collection bowl for Mizu to pick up. Inside, the Aipom rested. But suddenly the Pokeball exploded, erupting a bright white light in every direction. A few seconds later and the chitter chatter of an Aipom could be heard as it quickly swung through the room at extreme speeds finding anything it could to climb higher and higher. It turned its attention towards its new trainer with a snap of its neck and hopped down and into Manta's bag where it found an Oran berry to munch on.

ImageImageImage

Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:13 am

ImageImage

As the pokeball came out, Manta was at a loss for words. His journey had officially begun. As he reached for the pokeball, it burst open suddenly by itself. The light produced stunned and momentarily blinded Manta, who was standing very close to it. When the light cleared from his eyes he caught the purple blur out of the corner of his eye. His aipom had gotten out of his pokeball and was climbing on the equipment and swinging using its many limbs to climb as high as possible. It wasn't until it launched itself at Manta and rummaged though his backpack that the small monkey seemed to calm down. It quickly took out an oran berry that Manta had been saving and continued on to devour it. With it now resting on Manta's back, the young trainer decided to leave the lab. He thanked the professor who was already busy with other trainers and went off. He was happy to be one of the first to get his pokemon.

When Manta left the building and was reintroduced to the cold stinging air, he took in a deep breath. everything seemed more refreshing now. He turned to introduce his pokemon who was still munching on the berry. "Hi." was all he could think to say. "My name's Manta and it looks like we are gonna be partners from now on." A wide grin crept on his face. "this is so exciting." He walked over to the pokemon center, looking up his pokemon on his pokedex. "So aipom's moves are scratch, sand attack, and tail whip. Pretty standard." Manta remembered the battles that he saw on television. The trainers had devastating moves and abilities. It was up to the two of them to find aipom's strong points. Manta turned to aipom to ask him a few questions. Aipom had apparently finished the berry and was now nestled in manta's hood. It was the perfect size for this pokemon to rest, though its tail was hang off the back a bit. As they got to the pokemart, Manta made sure to buy some food for aipom, including fruit for himself and aipom to share. Before he left, he made sure to buy 5 pokeballs. He had saved up quite a lot for this journey, though they weren't very expensive. With his new aipom resting with him, Manta set off to route 101.

Aipom's breathing could be heard easily while next to manta's ear. He could tell the pokemon was pretty comforable there. He smiled, content with his choice. With this wide open space, he was surprised the pokemon wasn't running wild like before. There was a straightforward, but long path to the next town. The path was nice. There weren't any rocks in the way, small autumn flowers bloomed, and the wind was blowing steadily. He didn't have the time to take in the surroundings on the way here, but was really getting it now. As he continued on, he felt some fidgeting from behind. Aipom seemed to active again. It climbed out of the hood and continued to climb down Manta's body, making it to the ground. It ran off for just a second. It seemed to have found something.

(item please? )

Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:47 am
Profile WWW

Manta - Item Found: Moon Ball

ImageImageImage

Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:54 am

ImageImage

Aipom came rushing back with an odd ball in its tail. The ball was had a crescent moon on it with blue and black on the outside. He had never seen the pokeball before, but could always use it later. Provided it worked like a normal pokeball that is. With the new ball tucked safely in his bag and aipom tucked back in Manta''s hood, the two continued on. Walking up a hill, Manta remembered why he was a little hesitant towards travelling. Unlike Aipom who could travel great distances, Manta admittedly got tired a bit quickly. Walking from city to city could be a bit of a problem after a while. His mind wandered back to the thought about flying. It would have been nice. upon reaching the top of the first hill, Manta made sure to take in the view. Oldale was still not in sight, but the trees ahead were obstructing view just a bit. He wondered if the doduo he arrived on would be alright on its way back. It had two heads to watch for danger, so things couldn't be that bad.
As he walked and occasionally slid down the hill, Manta heard a sound. It wasn't the normal sound of the surroundings that he was used to. This one was unfamiliar. Aipom had already caught the sound with its large ears and was scouting from atop his trainers head.
(Encounter please)

Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:06 pm
Profile WWW

Manta - A sudden blast of sound emanated from the otherwise quiet brush. The thicket of trees had obscured a Loudred who believed Manta was encroaching on its territory. It revealed itself and stomped its feet in fury. It had just recently evolved and was proud, perhaps too proud, of its newfound power. It opened its great maw.

"LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUU!!!!" A second, more focused blast of sound sychronised with its mouth and ears creating a literal wall of noise heading straight for the two travelers.

ImageImageImage

Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:17 pm

ImageImage

Manta and aipom fell backward from the attack. He was glad that he wasn't on top of the hill anymore. Aipom, who had hidden behind manta's head was not as affected as he could have been, especially with its large ears. Aipom jumped in front to help out. Manta's ears were still ringing, but he could still see aipom ready to battle. Still remembering the moves that he had read off, Manta already had an attack in mind. "Aipom, sand attack! Aipom jumped into the air, letting his tail scoop up a large amount of dust and dirt to launch in the loudred's direction. Manta noticed how aipom's weight shifted during the attack. It could be useful later. Aipom fell back onto the ground, eager to go onto the next move. It really did have a lot of energy.

Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:37 pm
Profile WWW

Manta - With a single sound pulse, the Sand Attack was deflected back towards the duo. Enraged that it was being challenged, it stomped its feet in fury. It gave a low growl before dashing forward teeth glowing. It was honing in on a powerful Bite attack. However, as soon as it came close, it lost sight of the small purple monkey.

ImageImageImage

Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:40 pm

ImageImage

The sand shot back at the two, along with a minor burst of sound. Aipom had just enough time to dodge it, allowing the sand and dirt to rain on Manta instead. Aipom chuckled as it went off by itself. Manta got up and brushed a lot of the soil and dust from his hoodie. He was a little disappointed that this early in his journey, he had already soiled his gift from his friend. He was a little distracted, not noticing the charging loudred. Loudred seemed to only be targeting Manta, or at least didn't notice aipom.

Manta's pokemon had climbed atop loudred's head. He really was full of mischief. As the loudred was about to strike manta, aipom began scratching at his nose from above, using his tail to keep from falling off the rampaging pokemon.

Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:54 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1086 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 55  Next