It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 11:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
Newb question? 

So I just found this lovely site the other day, and I'm enjoying it a lot.
I have a question though, I went to buy some pokeballs, and they used to be 95, but now they're $190? Why is that?
Also, how/where do I get great balls adn what not? I encountered a bunch of lugia yesterday but couldn't catch them because all I have are pokeballs.
Thanks in advance!

Thu May 12, 2016 12:31 am

Well, I finally found a store with Great balls! hurray!

Thu May 12, 2016 12:42 am

Hello and welcome to vdex!!!!

The pokeballs are cheaper when you join, just like the game. In the first 30 balls are half off but as soon as you buyb30 they become $200, however if you have Yun as your partner which I believe everyone starts with him, as you begin to max his affection he saves you quite a bit of money on shop items.

Also here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=53
Is a great guide that can help explain things much better to get you started!

Hope your having fun and it's great to have you here! If you have anymore questions I'm sure other members and myself would love to help if we can! Best place to get a question answered faster is the help forum!

Thu May 12, 2016 1:00 am
Profile WWW

Ah, good to know, thank you very much for your help! I'll keep that in mind, must have missed the help forum. haha.

Thu May 12, 2016 1:09 am

You're very welcome! And no worries it takes a bit of time to get used to things, I'm still learning to. I'm only 5 months old here. Lol. Um the help forum is in the virtualdex project board. It's located here: viewforum.php?f=9.
Hope you are able to catch some Lugias and ho-ohs this month for dex data!

Thu May 12, 2016 1:20 am
Profile WWW

Yeah, I actually found it after investigating the forums further.
Do you know if there's a place where people sell items they don't want, to other users, or trade pokemon or anything? I know you can buy the "secondhand" stuff from the shop, but I haven't had luck finding any pokeballs or anything.

Thu May 12, 2016 3:13 am

you can check the giveaway forum and people have all sorts of stuff! in particular, there's a newbie survival pack thread here :)

i have a giveaway thread for retros, but i wouldn't mind lending you some money, pokeballs, or berries! i have quite a few on hand so i'm willing to help out :o

breeding | auction | giveaway | journal | wishlist

Thu May 12, 2016 3:39 am

Pokeballs occasionally pop up in the secondhand shop and heal balls. Most others don't to often unless a user needs some quick cash and doesn't mind loosing half of what they paid for the items or even more than half. So keep an eye out, there's occasional balls that end up in the second hand shop. But it's rarer for balls, then berries. Berries show up a lot more often.

Here is where members have personal shops and sell what they don't want, or are needing money and sell. viewforum.php?f=14
And like @choco7aco said the giveaway forums great for getting Pokemon and sometimes eventmon. You just won't get dex data for them.

Thu May 12, 2016 6:33 am
Profile WWW
Manly Princess

Hello and welcome!

VDex senpais will be happy to help you with questions you have :)

Some users have made guides, so feel free to check that out!

[monthly parcel giveaway]
[shop] [buying] [journal] [natures] [wishlist]

Please PM me for urgent matters.

Thu May 12, 2016 7:24 am
Profile WWW

choco7aco wrote:
you can check the giveaway forum and people have all sorts of stuff! in particular, there's a newbie survival pack thread here :)

i have a giveaway thread for retros, but i wouldn't mind lending you some money, pokeballs, or berries! i have quite a few on hand so i'm willing to help out :o

thank you so so much for the link and info! I really appreciate it!

Thu May 12, 2016 10:57 pm

Scarey Kerri wrote:
Pokeballs occasionally pop up in the secondhand shop and heal balls. Most others don't to often unless a user needs some quick cash and doesn't mind loosing half of what they paid for the items or even more than half. So keep an eye out, there's occasional balls that end up in the second hand shop. But it's rarer for balls, then berries. Berries show up a lot more often.

Here is where members have personal shops and sell what they don't want, or are needing money and sell. viewforum.php?f=14
And like @choco7aco said the giveaway forums great for getting Pokemon and sometimes eventmon. You just won't get dex data for them.

Thank you, as well! I will look into those things too!

Thu May 12, 2016 11:03 pm

Can anyone tell me where to get a trade pass thing? I was going to ask in one of the help forums, but it's so overwhelming, and I don't know how to get notified of a response? I clicked the check box, but I never get a notificcation? I've just been checking back to see answers.

Thu May 12, 2016 11:17 pm

Ah the trade pass you earn by getting the thunder badge. You have to have the bolder and cast are badges before earning the thunder.

The badges breakdown can be found here.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=53&p=2757#p2757
After earning the first two and having caught 20 Pokemon and buying the trade pass from the shop (key items) when it becomes availble then you will be able to trade.

Where are you looking for notifications? If you subscribe to a thread it should email or pm you (not sure which way Shiro has it set up).

Thu May 12, 2016 11:30 pm
Profile WWW

nevermind about the trade pass question. Someone answered on another forum (because I'm a derp and was trying to get a pokemon for trade from them before I found out about the trade pass thing. )

Thu May 12, 2016 11:58 pm

Awe well don't feel bad! The site takes a bit of time to figure out like every new game, so don't worry! It does take a week to get your trade pass but it will be a week before you know it!

Fri May 13, 2016 12:38 am
Profile WWW
Manly Princess

giantredpanda wrote:
Can anyone tell me where to get a trade pass thing? I was going to ask in one of the help forums, but it's so overwhelming, and I don't know how to get notified of a response? I clicked the check box, but I never get a notificcation? I've just been checking back to see answers.
You can check on your subscribed threads in your User Control Panel.

[monthly parcel giveaway]
[shop] [buying] [journal] [natures] [wishlist]

Please PM me for urgent matters.

Fri May 13, 2016 2:03 am
Profile WWW

Scarey Kerri wrote:
Awe well don't feel bad! The site takes a bit of time to figure out like every new game, so don't worry! It does take a week to get your trade pass but it will be a week before you know it!

haha, thanks! I've got the money in my bank now, so when I reach a week I can snatch one up!
It's definitely taking longer to figure out this site than it did for me to figure out Flight Rising (which is where I learned of this neat site!), but it's fun! I'm enjoying playing.

Sat May 14, 2016 12:18 am

Ardonye wrote:
giantredpanda wrote:
You can check on your subscribed threads in your User Control Panel.

oh! Neat, thanks!

Sat May 14, 2016 12:19 am

Scarey Kerri wrote:
Ah the trade pass you earn by getting the thunder badge. You have to have the bolder and cast are badges before earning the thunder.

The badges breakdown can be found here.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=53&p=2757#p2757
After earning the first two and having caught 20 Pokemon and buying the trade pass from the shop (key items) when it becomes availble then you will be able to trade.

Where are you looking for notifications? If you subscribe to a thread it should email or pm you (not sure which way Shiro has it set up).

ah, just saw this. Thanks for the info!

Sat May 14, 2016 12:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]