It is currently Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Daily resets for Daily goal + Dungeon 

Hi everyone!

I've recently started doing dungeons daily again, but I feel like I would be missing out on my daily reward because of the 24 hour waiting period between each reward.
Wouldn't it be an idea to change the daily goal and dungeon reward reset time to a time similar to the trials reset time?

That way, you always have a set time of 24 hours, without missing out on hours if you accidentally forget to retrieve your reward.

| Journal | Wishlist | Buying |

Selling Arceus! Collection updated regularly!

Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:02 am

That would be good. Although personally I'd be more in favor of either a system based on more the actual day or to reduce the hours from 24 to something just a bit less. It's very irritating with 24 hours because unless you're a perfect person - and no one is - you're going to keep getting the time you can do it/claim a reward pushed back further and further each time until you have to skip a day.

For the daily goals, I'm more neutral on that because each one ends when the new one becomes available, and I don't really do most of the goals except the berry ones. I do wish the completion thing worked a little differently, though - I once completed a monthly reward, but forgot to click the checkmark before the deadline and lost it :(

Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:33 pm

That's exactly my point, ChibiNinja!

Yeah I'm very neutral about the daily goals as well and can sometimes forget to click the checkmark, too. ):

Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:35 pm
Leading King

I felt like this was a pretty reasonable idea, then I tried to implement it and realized I coded dungeons stupidly and can't seem to figure out how to get this to work - I tried changing the timestamp that gets saved to a fixed type thing, like it works for others, and it didn't actually carry across - it continued to just work by adding 24 hours. What this likely means is that it's being overwritten somewhere, but I failed at documentation and I can't seem to find it. I'll let you know if I do manage to implement this, but for now write it down as "Shiro was stupid when she coded this some five years ago".

Twitter | Reversed Side A archive

Please, ask VDex gameplay questions in the help forum.

Spoiler: show
Image Image

Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:53 pm
Profile WWW

Oh I'm glad to hear!
It's too bad it didn't work out, but I'm still very grateful that you gave it a try. <:

I look forward to the "fix" and thank you so much for looking into it!!

Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]