It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 3:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Shining Charm (Donation ?) / Enabling Seekers 

Hi!
Well I know the site is slow and moreover Shiro takes time to answer, but I had this in mind, and I wanted to share with other people this two idea (one important the other one more... optional ?), for both, I've thought of something simple to code (I think ?) and to be useful for many users (even if i'll talk about personnal issues) ?

So first, the little request about the Seekers. To be honnest, I never bought any Seekers only because they are permanent, and i'm quite sad about this because Ferilagatr is my favorite pokémon and I was NEVER able to catch him. Why never ? Because I'm a BIG maniac at mathematics / statistics (you can see my other suggestion post haha) and I love to calculate rates etc of Pokémon, but i want it in a clean base. But sometimes, when I hunt statics pokémon, I would like to be able to hunt starters, because it's something else, and i'm not in a big refresh mode. With my idea, you could choose when you want to see starters and be able to choose which starters (aka enable Fire / Water but not Grass). Don't know if it's really useful, but I thought it was a quite good idea.

----------------

My second request is more important about all the gameplay of the site. As you know, you can unlock the Shining Charm in real game when you have caught ALL the pokémon. A hard work but for something nice. With the new Shiny rate of lengendary (so that's why i think it's not so hard to code moreover), I thought it was not so taboo ? I've two ideas : The first one is like the real games : You have the full dex, you can go to a beta page and unlock it (for ingame money + dex ? Idk) and enjoy it (and disable it with the same page XDD ?)

Or a most dark solution for many people but this could be a little solution for servers issues : In many Pokémon MMO Games you can buy with real money a way to reduce the shiny rate. So why not doing for 1 DP the Shining Charm working for one month ? It could help people to hunt more / to attract people here with a way to have the Shiny easier. I KNOW for people who have 1/8192 it'd be sad but why not doing a tradelock or something like that ? Or if it's okay not changing anything between an 1/8192 and 1/Shining Charm Shiny ? After all it's your Shiny and you know what it deals.

About ada... Is it a problem ? If you have the Shiny Charm, she could be disabled (for easy coding ?) and if you don't have it... You keep her effect ? XDD

Two ideas, one for confort, one for servers issues / attracting people. Thanks for reading.

5000 Shiny caught : DONE
Buying BP in bulk | IRC
ImageImage

Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:48 pm

I like the ideas, was thinking about the shiny charm recently as well!

As for the seekers, I also agree, I don't know how hard it would be, but it would be nice to be able to disable/enable them!

| Journal | Wishlist | Buying |

Selling Arceus! Collection updated regularly!

Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:00 am

I'd probably try to shiny hunt with a shining charm or something similar :) (even if my priorities would still be natures but well.)
I like those ideas.

Image Image
GPXPlus : Image
Image - Buying Special Natures - Shop - Breeding Stand

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies." - George R. R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons.

Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:07 am

I find this idea of a Shining Charm for donation great!

☆チーム☆

☆Wishlist☆

Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:02 am
Leading King

Items to increase shiny ratio have been requested for a long time, and I still don't plan on adding them. If I do anything to shiny ratio, it will be sitewide, without an item.

Seekers can't be toggled on/off because there is no need to turn them on or off. All they do is add a small chance that you'll encounter a starter. It doesn't hinder players in any way that they're always on (at most it costs them a couple extra clicks when an unwanted starter pops). They also work independently, so you actually have 3 1 in 500 chances per refresh of finding a starter, meaning turning grass and fire off would not improve your chances of finding a water starter: the only case in which having all 3 is a hindrance is when you actually roll that 1 in 500 more than once, which is an extremely rare event in itself, a small enough chance that it shouldn't matter.

Twitter | Reversed Side A archive

Please, ask VDex gameplay questions in the help forum.

Spoiler: show
Image Image

Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:31 am
Profile WWW

Shirogane wrote:
Items to increase shiny ratio have been requested for a long time, and I still don't plan on adding them. If I do anything to shiny ratio, it will be sitewide, without an item.

Seekers can't be toggled on/off because there is no need to turn them on or off. All they do is add a small chance that you'll encounter a starter. It doesn't hinder players in any way that they're always on (at most it costs them a couple extra clicks when an unwanted starter pops). They also work independently, so you actually have 3 1 in 500 chances per refresh of finding a starter, meaning turning grass and fire off would not improve your chances of finding a water starter: the only case in which having all 3 is a hindrance is when you actually roll that 1 in 500 more than once, which is an extremely rare event in itself, a small enough chance that it shouldn't matter.

Okay, so now the month is over i've the time to answer slowly at this. So first, thanks for answering o/ !

For the Shiny Charm, I know it's been requested in the past, but i've thought things has changed ? You put Legendary at a lower Shiny Rates, and everybody is enjoying it (me first i've to admit it), i've caught many shiny with the classic rate, with the new Ghostly rate and to be honnest, i'd still love something like this. Because, i'd like to hunt some special Shiny like legendary (why not putting a Shiny rate on them now that the monthly can be shiny ? but it's another suggestion I think XD) For HOW to implant an edit on the Shiny rate, it's all yours, i put the idea of a item every month in order to help the servers and have some money for you (because yes, for 2 DP or something like that, you'd have my money every month), or why not putting some prenium account ? I know it's not the thing you wanted (like ads), but i'm looking for something that players would like in the actual situation.

Oh i was not talking about toggling them in order to IMPROVE the rate. But only for the player to choose WHEN he wants to use it. For exemple, when i'm hunting retros for friend in legendary spot etc i'd love to have the seekers. But when i'm Shiny Hunting for myself i'd rather not use them. But to be honnest, I see that my idea is more... Specific but i thought it was really easy to code so just a little bonus for us o/

Buying BP in bulk | IRC
ImageImage

Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:13 pm
Leading King

Aligatueur wrote:
For the Shiny Charm, I know it's been requested in the past, but i've thought things has changed ? You put Legendary at a lower Shiny Rates, and everybody is enjoying it (me first i've to admit it), i've caught many shiny with the classic rate, with the new Ghostly rate and to be honnest, i'd still love something like this. Because, i'd like to hunt some special Shiny like legendary (why not putting a Shiny rate on them now that the monthly can be shiny ? but it's another suggestion I think XD) For HOW to implant an edit on the Shiny rate, it's all yours, i put the idea of a item every month in order to help the servers and have some money for you (because yes, for 2 DP or something like that, you'd have my money every month), or why not putting some prenium account ? I know it's not the thing you wanted (like ads), but i'm looking for something that players would like in the actual situation.

If I do edit the shiny rate, like I said, it'll be sitewide/for everyone. Shinies have always been something anyone can hunt and I really dislike the idea of putting a (real life) price tag on them.

Quote:
Oh i was not talking about toggling them in order to IMPROVE the rate. But only for the player to choose WHEN he wants to use it. For exemple, when i'm hunting retros for friend in legendary spot etc i'd love to have the seekers. But when i'm Shiny Hunting for myself i'd rather not use them. But to be honnest, I see that my idea is more... Specific but i thought it was really easy to code so just a little bonus for us o/

I didn't think you wanted to improve the rate, I mean there is no point to turning them off because they aren't detrimental to anything in particular.

Twitter | Reversed Side A archive

Please, ask VDex gameplay questions in the help forum.

Image Image

Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:06 pm
Profile WWW

Uuuuuuups, fail'd the part about "sitewide" (french translation fail) sorry X_X ! I see the point about being aviable for everyone. So an idea of a event (for everyone) would be possible ? Still really nice o/ !

And for the Seekers, i've realised that my idea was really weird haha XD, so it's okay for this.

Buying BP in bulk | IRC
ImageImage

Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:14 pm

Shirogane wrote:
If I do edit the shiny rate, like I said, it'll be sitewide/for everyone. Shinies have always been something anyone can hunt and I really dislike the idea of putting a (real life) price tag on them.

taking a step back to the initial concept of the "Shiny charm" in b2/w2....with the monthy legendaries/events making it easier to complete the dex data, would you consider a shiny charm unlock after seen or caught "dex completion"? That'd make it a site-wide goal to motivate players, and can create a good Image sink. If a full dex completion is too steep of a goal, it could be split into 5 seperate shiny charms (1 per completed regional dex) and restricted to only work in the region it's set to.

That'll take away the concept of putting a dollar price on shinies, keep the concept true to the games, motivate players to both play a little more actively/help each other out, and prod the market (that's been seemingly dead for a while) into activity.

Wishlist | everstone Raffle

Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:33 pm

minagi wrote:
Shirogane wrote:

taking a step back to the initial concept of the "Shiny charm" in b2/w2....with the monthy legendaries/events making it easier to complete the dex data, would you consider a shiny charm unlock after seen or caught "dex completion"? That'd make it a site-wide goal to motivate players, and can create a good Image sink. If a full dex completion is too steep of a goal, it could be split into 5 seperate shiny charms (1 per completed regional dex) and restricted to only work in the region it's set to.

That'll take away the concept of putting a dollar price on shinies, keep the concept true to the games, motivate players to both play a little more actively/help each other out, and prod the market (that's been seemingly dead for a while) into activity.

^This I can only approve !
One of the option was this but the idea for each gen is absolutly awesome i love it !

Buying BP in bulk | IRC
ImageImage

Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:38 pm

minagi wrote:
Shirogane wrote:

Came by to drop my 2 cents into the jar too.

The concept of the BW2 shiny charm isn't too far off from the GB player upping the retro appearance rate. And honestly, splitting it up into regional shiny charms based on dex completion is actually a really sound idea, and might make for a decent money sink. Though, I did just remember that Ada exists. I'm not really sure how she factors into all of this besides the fact that she ups the shiny rate already, but it was a passing thought.

Edit: Why not require our lovely red gyrados friend at max affection to be able to buy the shiny charms in the first place?

Tumblr
3ds friend code: 1048-8623-6142
And yes, I stalk minagi's posts like a hawk. <3

Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:49 pm

Rikari wrote:
Came by to drop my 2 cents into the jar too.

The concept of the BW2 shiny charm isn't too far off from the GB player upping the retro appearance rate. And honestly, splitting it up into regional shiny charms based on dex completion is actually a really sound idea, and might make for a decent money sink. Though, I did just remember that Ada exists. I'm not really sure how she factors into all of this besides the fact that she ups the shiny rate already, but it was a passing thought.

Edit: Why not require our lovely red gyrados friend at max affection to be able to buy the shiny charms in the first place?

Ada would never give you a charm that increases shiny rate, she hates the very concept of shiny capture. she does, however, increase the rate by being around, so maybe her coding would be able to apply to the shiny charm itself.

agreed on the bgp aspect. They'd both merely be money sink items to increase the rate of something players covet, only the shiny charm(s?) would have a pre requisite that reflects the rare appearance of the sprites being hunted.

Wishlist | everstone Raffle

Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]