It is currently Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Sprite Suggestions 

Admin edit: I'm making this the official topic for all types of sprite suggestions.

If you have any kind of sprite you'd like to see on the site (as an event or in a parcel and such), just suggest it here! Vague ideas - e.g. "how about a series of D&D-themed sprites" - are fine too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Per Shiro's request, I'm going to compile a bunch of what was said in the august roamer chat. Anyone who wants to add things is welcome to post too~!

Cherrim wrote:
Also, are you still open to pokémon sprite suggestions?
I was thinking maybe a Bulbasaur with a pumpkin on his back might be cute for halloween? :0a

Ichigo26 wrote:
what about a halloween mushrana? Insted of pink smoke how about it spews out orange or black smoke? (representing nightmares)

Sprinkle Bear wrote:
Those halloween ideas are adorable!
I still think we should have black kitties. They're the first thing I think of after pumpkins. And bats and rats.
Vampire bats and witch kitties, even. *A*

Clarity wrote:
Little shadowy Eevees would drive everyone mad...

minagi wrote:
I'm definitely for pumpkin bulbas, black 'vees (or maybe a skit/del duo since 'vee line is so big), and bats! I don't think my little zubat's line has gotten any love outside of the sprites affecting all species (ghastly, pinkan)

Mirinae wrote:
How about Marill with witch hat...?;o;

Wishlist | everstone Raffle

Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:02 am

I would think of halloween darkrai ? Besides , can you do daily quest or daily rewards for the week to attract people to play vdex ? Perhaps a gen 6 with halloween costume sprite would be fine ...

Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:07 am

^Make a quest with the New moon Island NPC!!^

Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:47 pm

I really love all the ideas. Just my two cents, but I think it may be good if we can get sprites of pokemons that weren't used? ..except, of course, if it isn't ninetales.
Well..you know, eevee, ralts, ponyta, pikachu, mew, jirachi have quite a few repeats (involved in at least 2 events/donation) due to their popularity, while others hardly appear.

Random:
  • Bubble Tea Sunday - solosis, duosion, reuniclus
      Some (random) examples (I know I suck at spriting, but just to give an idea): taro, coconut, raspberry
      Just a suggestion, but how about allowing these to appear on a certain day of the week rather than between a set time period?

• Musical recorder - chatot/melloetta
      Again, a random suggestion, but how about a musical pokemon line with natures associated with musicals?
      I think I saw somewhere in the capsule suggestion thread a 'musical capsule'. So, how about allowing them to be found in the wild?
      Like, a random roaming event chatot in the wild can have a certain nature quoted from a random musical.

• EXTERMINATE - bronzong
      Shut up I am a whovian don't judge me

Halloween suggestion
  • Halloween masquerade - surskit/masquerain
      surskit - [Body: transparent/pale white] | [Head: black/gold]
      masquerain - [Body: transparent/pale white] | [Wing: crimson/black/gold]

• Charon's obol - bronzer
      Information on this. Gold, silver and bronze coin scheme?
      Or it may be all sorts of coin-colour scheme.

• Living dead - fossil pokemons
  • Luna festival - cresselia, darkrai, lunatone
  • Deadly mushrooms - paras, shroomish
  • Bone to steel - skarmony, scizor (bones instead of the steel compartments)
  • Poisonous cauldron - gulpin, grimer

Christmas suggestions
  • Three wise men
      ImageImageImage
      (yes I'm lazy don't judge. this took literally seconds each to sprite so yeah yay rough sketch)
    • Gold : [Center/accent: gold] | [Body: gold]
    • Frankincense : [Center/accent: dark gold] | [Body: white]
    • Myrrh : [Center/accent: light gold] | [Body: black]

Apparently Frankincense represent life and myrrh represents death. So yeah, white and black.
    Also, I don't know, accessories like crowns can go in to give a bit more of a grandeur?
aus wrote:
I would think of halloween darkrai ? Besides , can you do daily quest or daily rewards for the week to attract people to play vdex ? Perhaps a gen 6 with halloween costume sprite would be fine ...
...omg this. THIS. I totally approve of this.

Here comes a candle to light you to bed,
And here comes a chopper to chop off your head!

Last edited by Libertas on Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:27 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:44 pm
Leading King

Thanks for compiling all of these! It's really useful to have everything in one place.

I've edited the first post a bit so this topic can have suggestions for all types of sprites (if that's OK - if not, I can always make a separate topic).

I know the capsule suggestion thread mostly sits unused, but I'm more actively looking for sprite suggestions than capsule suggestions, so I'll definitely be on the lookout for anything that gets posted.

Twitter | Reversed Side A archive

Please, ask VDex gameplay questions in the help forum.

Spoiler: show
Image Image

Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:29 pm
Profile WWW

Holidays

• Halloween:
      • Black Cats (Skitty/Delcatty, Meowth/Persian, Purrloin/Liepard, etc.)
      • Bats/Rats with a Halloween color scheme
      • Vampire Bat Emolga
      • Witch Murkrow/Honchkrow (Their heads could totally be a hat)
      • Witchy Meloetta (I just feel like you could totally add a broom with the sprite)

• Christmas:
      • Reindeer Sawsbuck
      • Turtle Dove Pidove
      • Poinsettia Shaymin
      • Christmas Tree Gothitelle
      • Christmas Swanna (Inspired from the 12 days of christmas song)
      • Snowmon (Like the Snow Munchlax/Snorlax line, but maybe for a refreshing event?)
      • Christmas Light Drifloon (The little dangled legs could be the lights?)

• Valentines:
      • Valentine Nidoran lines (They just work in my head, lol)
      • Valentine Volbeat/Illumise (Y'know, Love bugs?)

Recolors

• Clone pokemon (Could just be starters, but it could be any of them, really.)
      • A Kecleon line of sorts. (Could be rainbow, pastel colors, funky patterns like polka dots, etc.)
      • More Shadow Legendaries, like the Suicune/Entei/Raikou.
      • A butterfly line, perhaps. (Butterfree/Beautifly recolors, there are so many options there, I think)
      • Black & White recolors
      • Albino recolors
      • Paintbrush Smeargle (I know there are a couple, but we could maybe get a full rainbow?)
      • Actual colored cats (So calico, silver tabby, orange tabby, siamese, etc)
      • Wildcat recolors (Tigers, Lions, Leopards, Jaguars, etc)
      • Pokemon colored pokemon? (Like, a ninetails with espeon's color scheme)
      • Polar/Black/Brown/Panda/Grizzly bear Teddiursa lines?
      • Ice cream Vanillite line (With different flavors, like strawberry, chocolate, mint chocolate chip, etc)
      • Fox colored Vulpix/Ninetales (From the common orange to arctic foxes maybe?
      • Ball colored Coltorb/Electrode (So they're colored like a great ball, ultra ball, master ball, etc)

Modified Sprites

• Luna & Artemis (Sailor Moon) kitties, maybe? (I know Adventure Time sprites exist, so maybe these too?)
      • Lollipop Poliwag line
      • Angel/Devil pokemon (You know, light blue recolors, halos, and then black/red recolors, horns if possible?)
      • Fruit/Veggie Oddish (Like, garlic/onion/turnip bulbs, Strawberry/Blueberry/Blackberry)
      • Fruit teddiursa (StrawbEAry/BluebEAry/RaspbEAry/BlackbEAry, etc)
      • Birthstone Pokemon (Perhaps Spoink, as suggested by Clarity, or Staryu/Starmie?)
      • Ditto faced pokemon. (Like this?)
      • Type Swapped Moltres/Articuno/Zapdos
      • Plush Phanpy/Donphan, Ducklett/Swanna, Skitty/Delcatty,
      Growlithe/Arcanine, Ditto & Mew (Especially mew's emerald sprite)

Want to catch your own shiny?
Come visit!

ImageImage
    ImageImageImageImage

Last edited by Sprinkle Bear on Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:01 pm, edited 16 times in total.

Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:46 pm
Profile WWW

Sprinkle Bear wrote:
Some suggestions from me:

-Clone pokemon (Could just be starters, but it could be any of them, really.)
-Black Cats (Skitty/Delcatty, Meowth/Persian, Purrloin/Liepard, etc.)
-Bats/Rats with a Halloween color scheme
-Luna & Artemis (Sailor Moon) kitties, maybe? (I know Adventure Time sprites have been done, so I thought this might be possible)
- Actual colored cats (So calico, silver tabby, orange tabby, siamese, etc)
-Wildcat recolors (Tigers, Lions, Leopards, Jaguars, etc)
-A Kecleon line of sorts. (Could be rainbow, pastel colors, funky patterns like polka dots, etc.)
-Valentine Nidoran lines (They just work in my head, lol)
-More Shadow Legendaries, like the Suicune/Entei/Raikou.
-A butterfly line, perhaps. (Butterfree/Beautifly recolors, there are so many options there, I think)
-Pokemon colored pokemon? (Like, a ninetails with espeon's color scheme)
-Lollipop Poliwag line
-Angel/Devil pokemon (You know, light blue recolors, halos, and then black/red recolors, horns if possible?)
-Fruit/Veggie Oddish (Like, garlic/onion/turnip bulbs, Strawberry/Blueberry/Blackberry)
-Fruit teddiursa (StrawbEAry/BluebEAry/RaspbEAry/BlackbEAry, etc)
- Polar/Black/Brown/Panda/Grizzly bear Teddiursa lines?
- Black & White recolors
- Birthstone Pokemon (I'm not sure which you'd use, honestly? My first thought was either Staryu or Starmie)
- Ice cream Vanillite line (With different flavors, like strawberry, chocolate, mint chocolate chip, etc)
- Paintbrush Smeargle (I know there are a couple, but we could maybe get a full rainbow?)
-Albino recolors

That's just off the top of my head, of course. If I think of any more, I'll edit this post o u o
So many amazing ideas! Gemstones, angel/devil 'mons and veggie oddish...you are an absolute genius.

For the birthstone pokemon, how about carbink or diancie? I know its gen 6, but I mean, its a jewel pokemon afterall. haha.
Starmie/staryu or sableye seems good too, but I would love to see carbink or diancie as birth-gemstones!

Another thing, those veggie oddishes.. there toally should be a Allium line for that.
Easy preparation for my biology test *cough* I mean, soup ingredient memorization?

Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:15 pm

Location: Creeping ever so slowly towards you right at this very moment.
How about a pretty Oddish with one big leaf on top of its head like a Chikorita. Sort of like a girl's pony tail. All female.
Bouffalant with different hairstyles; colour, shape and texture |D.

Puss in boots Meowth from the anime. (He's with the trainer who won the Hoenn League)
Cleffa/Clefairy with a Lunatone, if it could work (eg some of the Zodiac)
Ninja themed pokemons (scarrfs, masks, laces or shurikens whichever works)

Better yet, improvements on older sprites could work too (using diffrrent sprite gens or a bit of recolouring)
- previous halloween sprites, pinkan sprites, tanabata ones.

Unofficial formes of Golurk, Burmys and Genesect (rocket, unclothed and extremespeed)? Or others that I dont remember from anime.

Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:45 am
Profile WWW

Make the full line for Witchy Pichu.
:yay:

Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:16 pm

Sizanix suggested adding the Ninetales for the other valentine's Vulpix, but I'd like to add to that: Rainbow Ninetales/Vulpix, with a white body/black body and rainbow tails. For... something with Vulpix again or next Valentine's or whatever.

I'm loving the birthstone Staryu/mie idea! Spoink or Sableye is a possibility, too. That would be another nice parcel series.

Also love the Vanillite flavors... maybe he'd be a good one for next Easter!

Along that line... Jellybean Solosis line of all different colors?

Seasonal Tropius. Or Celebi!

I'd love to see a Lapras recolor of some sort... Maybe a cold water version (with a lighter blue coloring and a shell made of ice), and/or a warm water version with darker blue coloring and a palm tree on the shell?

Gold/Rose Gold/Bronze Skarmory (maybe yellow-gold for normal and rose-gold for shiny?)

Solrock and Lunatone recolored to look like spacey/cosmic nebula things?

Last edited by Clarity on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:34 am
Profile WWW

Clarity wrote:
Sizanix suggested adding the Ninetales for the other valentine's Vulpix, but I'd like to add to that: Rainbow Ninetales/Vulpix, with a white body/black body and rainbow tails. For... something with Vulpix again or next Valentine's or whatever.

I'm loving the birthstone Staryu/mie idea! Spoink or Sableye is a possibility, too. That would be another nice parcel series.

I'd love to see a Lapras recolor of some sort... Maybe a cold water version (with a lighter blue coloring and a shell made of ice), and/or a warm water version with darker blue coloring and a palm tree on the shell?

Gold/Rose Gold/Bronze Skarmory

Ahhhmg, I bolded the ideas you've got that I lovelovelove under the spoiler. Especially the Skarmory!
Also; Spoink is something I didn't think about for the birthstones, it'd be so cute hnggggg. I'll add that to my list, with credit, if you don't mind? C:

Also, Spiritomb would be cool for making something spacey, like a galaxy or something.

Want to catch your own shiny?
Come visit!

ImageImage
    ImageImageImageImage

Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:18 am
Profile WWW

Sprinkle Bear wrote:
Clarity wrote:

Gold/Rose Gold/Bronze Skarmory

Ahhhmg, I bolded the ideas you've got that I lovelovelove under the spoiler. Especially the Skarmory!
Also; Spoink is something I didn't think about for the birthstones, it'd be so cute hnggggg. I'll add that to my list, with credit, if you don't mind? C:

Also, Spiritomb would be cool for making something spacey, like a galaxy or something.

Oh I don't mind at all, that's not a problem! Galaxy Spiritomb would be super awesome, too!! :D

Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:13 pm
Profile WWW

@shiro general sprite suggestion thread is fine, whatever works best for you c:

I'd really like to second and add on to this idea for halloween if we can:
Lunar Festival: We just had a blood moon eclipse, harvest moon, super moon combo. Having cresselia/darkrai/lunatone reflect that would be wonderful. Darkrai could have light colors and an eerie glow for the super moon, lunatone could have that pretty harvest orange tint, and cresselia could be a dark red, with her rings representing the eclipse

Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:34 am

minagi wrote:

Lunar Festival: We just had a blood moon eclipse, harvest moon, super moon combo. Having cresselia/darkrai/lunatone reflect that would be wonderful. Darkrai could have light colors and an eerie glow for the super moon, lunatone could have that pretty harvest orange tint, and cresselia could be a dark red, with her rings representing the eclipse

Yes Please! Oh man anything with an event Cresselia/Darkrai!! :D

Also, someone above mentioned more shadow Pokemon like the Johto trio and Lugia/Ho-oh from the parcels awhile back, maybe we could do something like that in conjunction with the monthly rotating Legendary Pokemon? That the normal legendary, and then a dark/shadow version, and a 'light' version all have a chance of appearing?

Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:23 pm
Profile WWW

O my god I love all of these ;___;

| Journal | Wishlist | Buying |

Selling Arceus! Collection updated regularly!

Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:32 pm

Clarity wrote:
Sizanix suggested adding the Ninetales for the other valentine's Vulpix, but I'd like to add to that: Rainbow Ninetales/Vulpix, with a white body/black body and rainbow tails. For... something with Vulpix again or next Valentine's or whatever
/licks

did I hear ninetales
I believe many would approve look people even made sprites
minagi wrote:

Oh lord, I just realized we had all of these big lunar events in the past week or so. Never thought of it. <_<
asdfghjkl; now I really want your version of this idea. Good thinking, minagi! Seriously, that cresselia though. dark red cresselia is beautiful.

Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:54 pm

@Libertas I want this so bad, it's not even funny <3

Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:05 pm

Libertas wrote:
I really love all the ideas. Just my two cents, but I think it may be good if we can get sprites of pokemons that weren't used? ..except, of course, if it isn't ninetales.
Well..you know, eevee, ralts, ponyta, pikachu, mew, jirachi have quite a few repeats (involved in at least 2 events/donation) due to their popularity, while others hardly appear.

Random:
  • Bubble Tea Sunday - solosis, duosion, reuniclus
      Some (random) examples (I know I suck at spriting, but just to give an idea): taro, coconut, raspberry
      Just a suggestion, but how about allowing these to appear on a certain day of the week rather than between a set time period?

• Musical recorder - chatot/melloetta
      Again, a random suggestion, but how about a musical pokemon line with natures associated with musicals?
      I think I saw somewhere in the capsule suggestion thread a 'musical capsule'. So, how about allowing them to be found in the wild?
      Like, a random roaming event chatot in the wild can have a certain nature quoted from a random musical.

Christmas suggestions
  • Three wise men
      ImageImageImage
      (yes I'm lazy don't judge)
    • Gold : [Center/accent: gold] | [Body: gold]
    • Frankincense : [Center/accent: dark gold] | [Body: white]
    • Myrrh : [Center/accent: light gold] | [Body: black]

Apparently Frankincense represent life and myrrh represents death. So yeah, white and black.
    Also, I don't know, accessories like crowns can go in to give a bit more of a grandeur?
aus wrote:
...omg this. THIS. I totally approve of this.

^These seem nice, but I have some ideas too:
Cloud daramnitan and darumaka (I have a sprite for darumaka but no way to get it here... :uhh: )
Maybe like a series of card- theme pokemon?Same idea as the easter chocolates, but with things like hearts, spades, clubs, and daimonds...
For instance, Heart dragonite+dragoniar+dratini, spade dragonite+dragonair+dratini... and so on.
of course, you could use different pokemon.
Maybe the darumaka/darmanitan could be in parcels and the card ones could be found in the wild randomly?

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Petition to stop rickrolls: http://bringvictory.com/

~˚◊˚

Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:52 pm

SphealTheyRoll wrote:
Maybe like a series of card- theme pokemon?Same idea as the easter chocolates, but with things like hearts, spades, clubs, and daimonds...
For instance, Heart dragonite+dragoniar+dratini, spade dragonite+dragonair+dratini... and so on.
Maybe the darumaka/darmanitan could be in parcels and the card ones could be found in the wild randomly?
Oh lord, this. This. This is an amazing idea! +1 for this idea. I'd love to see some card theme'd pokemons!
To add on to suggest some potential pokemons (dragonair would amazing, but just to add on); how about flygon, butterfree, milotic, arbok? Anything with at least one flat surface. |D

Also, speaking of trump cards, how about a whole tarot card themed pokemon line?

Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:26 pm

Libertas wrote:
SphealTheyRoll wrote:
Oh lord, this. This. This is an amazing idea! +1 for this idea. I'd love to see some card theme'd pokemons!
To add on to suggest some potential pokemons (dragonair would amazing, but just to add on); how about flygon, butterfree, milotic, arbok? Anything with at least one flat surface. |D

Also, speaking of trump cards, how about a whole tarot card themed pokemon line?

Yes! tarot card pokemon would be nice, and perhaps they could be obtained in a similar manner to the zodiac pokemon?

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Petition to stop rickrolls: http://bringvictory.com/

~˚◊˚

Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 114 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next