It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 10:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
Daily/Weekly/Monthly Goal Suggestions/Feedback 
Leading King

Edit: Now also open for feedback regarding existing goals. Please at least attempt to complete each goal before giving feedback. Positive and negative experiences (e.g. "I thought this was too easy" vs "I thought this was pretty balanced" vs "This was impossible") both are welcome, but please be civil. Remember that we do want your opinion and we do want the goals to be reasonable.

Have you seen this update? If not, you should!

Anyway, this topic is here to take specific suggestions re: what to have as daily/weekly/monthly goals.

There are some things that aren't compatible with the goals system the way it is right now, so your suggestion may not be possible because of this. Things which aren't compatible are mostly things which are very specific - like individual Pokémon characteristics (e.g. "Catch 5 Platinum Mareep" or "Catch 2 Adamant Pokémon"), individual items (e.g. "Buy 5 Poké Balls) and anything related to individual users (e.g. "Trade once with user Y").

Almost any generic action on the site is compatible, though, like "Succeed at 5 Trials" or "Complete 2 Dungeons", so suggestions are welcome!

Keep in mind daily goals are things that need to be feasibly completed in a single day. Weekly goals should be harder since you'll have 7 days to finish them, and Monthly goals span a whole 30 days. Things like finding shinies should be kept as Monthly goals, whereas things that may not be doable in a single day depending on your situation - like planting and picking berries, since you may be stuck with 48 hour berries - should probably be Weekly only. Additionally, the amount of things that need to be done needs to be compatible with the amount of time you have - a daily goal can be "catch [up to] 5 Pokémon" while a monthly goal for catching can be a lot more difficult, like "catch [up to] 100 Pokémon".

Lastly, daily goals are allowed to be more frustrating than other goal types - they can include things which are really hard to do in a single day (like buy 50 items), since you can quickly select a new goal if you're unable to finish it. Monthly goals should be difficult but not extremely frustrating - they need to be doable, since while it's possible to do something like "catch 10 shinies" in a month, most people probably wouldn't be able to, and having to wait a whole month for something better can be problematic.

Anyway, since pretty much anything can be set as a goal, I'd like to hear some opinions re: what you guys don't want to see in the goals, first and foremost, and then what you would like to see, too.

I may not be able to add every single suggestion made here, but "don't"s will be very important for deciding on weekly and monthly goals. So let me know what you would and wouldn't like!

Twitter | Reversed Side A archive

Please, ask VDex gameplay questions in the help forum.

Spoiler: show
Image Image

Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:59 pm
Profile WWW

Don't implant the option to catch more then 5 Shinies in one month?

Buying 2 Masterballs
ImageImage

Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:02 pm

How about stacking goal completions? Like "Complete 3-5 Daily Goals in a row", "Complete three weekly goals in a row"?

Cᴀʀʀɪᴏɴ|Rᴏᴏᴋᴇʀʏ|Ravenous|Magpie|Nᴇᴡʙɪᴇ Pᴀᴄᴋs
    S h o p ✧ N a t u r e s ✧ B u y i n g ✧ J o u r n a l ✧ G i v e a w a y

ImageImage

Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:03 pm
Profile WWW
Manly Princess

Would a goal like feeding a pokemon "x" amount of berries work? :Oa

[monthly parcel giveaway]
[shop] [buying] [journal] [natures] [wishlist]

Please PM me for urgent matters.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:05 pm
Profile WWW

Well, I would rather not see any goals related to breeding since people are usually breeding something and having to reset the couple / put off the breeding project can be frustrating? OnOa

Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:11 pm

How about things like "trade one Pokemon five times," "Win 15 battles," "raise one Pokemon to max happiness?" :3c (mainly thinking in the daily framework, though increased counts could easily lend themselves to weekly goals)

...or even silly things like "call Regirock tiny each day of the week." ... >.>

Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:15 pm
Loner Princess

Seconding battle system-related goals and agreeing that I would like to avoid breeding goals. =T Though if the breeding goal is something simple, like retrieve 2-5 eggs within one week, that's not too bad... though it wouldn't be easily doable by people using consumable items like BP or Bottled Love.

Also! If Rook's idea of completing X goals in a row could not be implemented, perhaps just the simpler completing X goals, where they do not necessarily have to be in a row?

* Special Nature Doc *

Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:20 pm
Pretty Princess

I wonder if we could do things like "collect x shiny leaves/crowns/pokemon move cards" (daily/weekly/monthly) or "max one? two? partner's happiness" (monthly).

I'm pretty on-board with amaoto's suggestions, too! Or maybe some more general things, like "visit/interact with _____ NPC everyday" (weekly/monthly). Also like battle/dungeon-related goals!

I'd be against breeding goals in the daily list too, for the same reasons SheridanDub and Kara mentioned. A little iffy on weekly breeding goals, though I think monthly ones should be ok. :Oa

Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:47 pm

Piggybacking on the lovely Ardonye's suggestion: feed # of, say, Pikachu, a # of berries? :o or non-berry items like Moo-Moo Milk? or feed # of Pokemon from Generation #? or feed # of Pokemon with RBYGGSCetc. sprites?

Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:54 pm

Spend X amount of money for Daily?

Buying 2 Masterballs
ImageImage

Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:55 pm

*trying to think about breeding goals since people are apparently against them*
What about goals like "Discard a total of x eggs" or "Spend x on the daycare for retrieving/discarding eggs"?
Though there would still be the problem of people working with BP/ShP and the like.
Other suggestions: "Increase a pokemon's level by x", "Click the pokeradar x times"?

EDIT:
"Create a collection containing x pokemon" /continues to think

Auction

Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:02 pm

I agree with moonlitlover with the click the PokeRadar x amount of times

Buying 2 Masterballs
ImageImage

Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:05 pm
Loner Princess

@Masquerain:: I don't think a lot of those would be doable because they're too specific? owo Like Shiro mentioned in the OP, it would probably be difficult to limit it to feeding a specific pokemon/sprite, or feeding a specific item.

@moonlitlover:: owo The "discard X eggs" might not be feasible. I don't believe discards are currently tracked, but more importantly, you cannot discard if you do not have an eggscope, so that kind of task would be impossible for those users...

* Special Nature Doc *

Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:17 pm

re: PokeRadar - This would be rather hard to figure out since there's no counter for the number of clicks anywhere on the site, though.

Is synthesizing any x number of items be feasible or is that too specific? Also, hatching x number of Pokemon that can be done even with eggs that you didn't withdraw yourself, in other words even eggs you buy off of others can work, to avoid the problem of being unable to withdraw any Pokemon from your daycare if needed?

Seconding the idea of maxing partner's affection and battle system related things!

Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:22 pm

Exit Tunes, they do calculate, refer to Statistics http://vdexproject.net/stats.php

Buying 2 Masterballs
ImageImage

Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:24 pm

ExitTunes wrote:
re: PokeRadar - This would be rather hard to figure out since there's no counter for the number of clicks anywhere on the site, though.

Actually there is, because the statistics page lists the top 20 PokéRadar Maniac* so there must be a counter..?

* "Users that have used the PokéRadar the highest number of times."

Ninja'd

Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:28 pm
Profile WWW

wobbuffet03 wrote:
Exit Tunes, they do calculate, refer to Statistics http://vdexproject.net/stats.php

Isn't that only for the top 20 amount of people? Shiro has also mentioned she has no plans to add the individual stats anywhere from here. Idk, she still might change her mind.

Edit: Yes, what Sheri said down there. Sorry for not being clearer. I do know that individual stats are being recorded but considering Shiro isn't planning to add a place to view the specific statistics for anyone right now, I found the idea of that goal a bit difficult to do. This does not mean I'm against the idea. I would support it if a way to look at your own statistics comes around.

Last edited by ExitTunes on Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:31 pm

The stats themselves are being tracked. Otherwise, it wouldn't be possible to say who clicked the most number of times. What is not being kept track of is your rank within the entire community.

That's as far as i know anyway.

EDIT: forgot that i had an eggscope and that you need one to discard >_> Which would leave withdrawing eggs, and hatching eggs regarding daycare-related goals?

Auction

Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:11 am

I think what ExitTunes is trying to say is that, while individual stats are being tracked, you are not able to view your own stats anywhere which makes it difficult to count your number of refreshes.

Edit: Unless there's a page / area for it now which I did not know about O:

Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:19 am

"Hatch a non-HGSS/HGSS2/BW Pokemon from an egg without using Everstone, or maybe from Gacha" (Weekly/Monthly)
"Max out X partners and receive their summoning item" (Monthly)
"Raise a Pokemon to Lv. 100" (Weekly)
"Complete the sprite gallery for certain pokemon excluding shiny and BW only Pokemon" (Monthly)
"Collect X berries from Pokemon wild caught" (Daily/Weekly)
"Spend money, or buy something from Secondhand Shop"
"Catch a Pokemon with certain gender and nature"

ImageImageImage

Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:32 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 209 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next